PDA

View Full Version : Calling it right now: Lakers will win series against OKC

ChrisRichards
05-13-2012, 10:45 AM
If they steal Game 1. Despite of the huge odds stacked against them, if the Lakers some way, somehow steals Game 1, it will bring a huge momentum to LA who has championship experience. I honestly thought had the Mavs stole that Game 1 against the Thunder, the series outcome wouldve been different. OKC is a great team but lacks experience.

*Kobe is 27-0 in playoff series when the Lakers win Game 1.

Stalin
05-13-2012, 10:48 AM
even non laker fans are circle jerking over this fools gold win of a series, lol

ChrisRichards
05-13-2012, 10:57 AM
Has nothing to do with Lakers game 7 win against the Nuggets. I always thought the Thunder is a good whiplash away from breaking down mentally. As good as they are, I feel that they are way too young to handle pressure. OKC's season has been too easy for them. The moment one of these experienced championship squads (Spurs, Lakers) finds that weak spot, I'm willing to bet OKC's confidence will break down.

This is a big if though. If OKC wins game 1, then I expect them to win the series in 5 games.

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-13-2012, 10:59 AM
THAT nigga ChrisRichards is spot on. OKC will fall apart like a cheap suit at the first site of adversity

DMC
05-13-2012, 10:59 AM
I say if the Lakers win 4 games, they take this series. That's my caveat emptor.

ambchang
05-13-2012, 11:02 AM
So u r predicting the most rigged game will no longer be Game 6 of the WCF in 2002?

TampaDude
05-13-2012, 11:05 AM
Lakers suck.

Thunder in 5.

Koolaid_Man
05-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Has nothing to do with Lakers game 7 win against the Nuggets. I always thought the Thunder is a good whiplash away from breaking down mentally. As good as they are, I feel that they are way too young to handle pressure. OKC's season has been too easy for them. The moment one of these experienced championship squads (Spurs, Lakers) finds that weak spot, I'm willing to bet OKC's confidence will break down.

This is a big if though. If OKC wins game 1, then I expect them to win the series in 5 games.

Hey Chris I don't like what you're doing tbh. I see right through you dawg. Let me just say that you realize that if OKC makes it out of the West they will curbstomp the Heat...they have ZERO fear of Wade and Lebronze and you're hoping against all hope that either LA or SA will take them out. Fact is LA matches up with OKC better than any team in the league. You can stop panicking now cuz if you face LA in the finals we gonna tax that ass in similiar fashion. Stop being scared.:rollin

ChrisRichards
05-13-2012, 11:55 AM
:lol Koolaids with the psychoanalysis bs here. Why can't you just support your team for once? Why are you so insecure with Miami's future and Lebron's 3 MVP's son?

Budkin
05-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Thunder will sweep.

Koolaid_Man
05-13-2012, 12:20 PM
:lol Koolaids with the psychoanalysis bs here. Why can't you just support your team for once? Why are you so insecure with Miami's future and Lebron's 3 MVP's son?

I support my team but I also know you're scared as shit to face OKC...same reason why Spur fan trying to act like they're not scared as shit to face the Grizzs...it's all about match-ups and we both know that Lebron is scared of Durant..in fact he won't even guard Durant on defense he leaves it up to Battier..however, when Durants on defense he plays Lebron 1 on 1...Lebron is the ultimate coward...the only true SF he has to face in the league and he refuses to guard him one on one but he's chomping at the bits to defend smaller guards like Rose :lmao

MavDynasty
05-13-2012, 12:21 PM
Didn't read

Koolaid_Man
05-13-2012, 12:23 PM
winning #6 will be Kobe's toughest act yet....going through a resilient Nuggets team, a young and strong OKC team, a savvy Spurs team, and the Media's darling Heat team...if he does this he will have earned his spot as MJ's co-equal

Axe Murderer
So u r predicting the most rigged game will no longer be Game 6 of the WCF in 2002?

hey man!

have you heard Tim Donaghy's favorite Tommy Nunez story yet?

My favorite Tommy Nunez story is from the 2007 playoffs when the San Antonio Spurs were able to get past the Phoenix Suns in the second round. Of course, what many fans didn't know was that Phoenix had someone working against them behind the scenes. Nunez was the group supervisor for that playoff series, and he definitely had a rooting interest.
Nunez loved the Hispanic community in San Antonio and had a lot of friends there. He had been a referee for 30 years and loved being on the road; in fact, he said that the whole reason he had become a group supervisor was to keep getting out of the house. So Nunez wanted to come back to San Antonio for the conference finals. Plus, he, like many other referees, disliked Suns owner Robert Sarver for the way he treated officials. Both of these things came into play when he prepared the referees for the games in the staff meetings. I remember laughing with him and saying, "You would love to keep coming back here." He was pointing out everything that Phoenix was able to get away with and never once told us to look for anything in regard to San Antonio. Nunez should have a championship ring on his finger.

Koolaid_Man
Didn't read

Go back and fuck your mother some more

spursfan1000
05-13-2012, 12:24 PM
No way in hell, thunder in 6

Wild Cobra Kai
05-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Denver had no half court offense, and still ran on LA enough to push it to 7 games. OKC can run AND score in the half court. Best case for LA is two games.

MavDynasty
05-13-2012, 12:27 PM
OKCs halfcourt offense consists of mainly jumpshots...

Koolaid_Man
05-13-2012, 12:29 PM
Denver had no half court offense, and still ran on LA enough to push it to 7 games. OKC can run AND score in the half court. Best case for LA is two games.

this is exactly what we want a team with a half court offense..it slows the game down....allows us to recover....more time for our Defense to get set and with our shot blocking bigs this favors us...

ChrisRichards
05-13-2012, 12:43 PM
I support my team but I also know you're scared as shit to face OKC...same reason why Spur fan trying to act like they're not scared as shit to face the Grizzs...it's all about match-ups and we both know that Lebron is scared of Durant..in fact he won't even guard Durant on defense he leaves it up to Battier..however, when Durants on defense he plays Lebron 1 on 1...Lebron is the ultimate coward...the only true SF he has to face in the league and he refuses to guard him one on one but he's chomping at the bits to defend smaller guards like Rose :lmao

OKC is the least of our concern. Spurs otoh is the team to watch out. And how the hell is Lebron scared of Durant? KD is a twig. We'll put Battier on him and let him chuck till kingdom come :lol OKC has no gameplan to stop Lebron and if Bron is feeling a bit shy posting godly numbers, Wade is a proven winner and closer in the Finals.

Im pretty happy with the way things are going down in Mia. A good stretching warm up against the Knicks, some light cardio running with the Pacers and light weight repetition weight exercises against the old Celtics squad should put us to in great shape before we finish the Spurs in 6 games.

Koolaid_Man
05-13-2012, 12:46 PM
OKC is the least of our concern. Spurs otoh is the team to watch out. And how the hell is Lebron scared of Durant? KD is a twig. We'll put Battier on him and let him chuck till kingdom come :lol OKC has no gameplan to stop Lebron and if Bron is feeling a bit shy posting godly numbers, Wade is a proven winner and closer in the Finals.

Im pretty happy with the way things are going down in Mia. A good stretching warm up against the Knicks, some light cardio running with the Pacers and light weight repetition weight exercises against the old Celtics squad should put us to in great shape before we finish the Spurs in 6 games.

Like I said you better hope you don't face OKC or it will be a nightmare on Miami Street :lol

Venti Quattro
05-13-2012, 12:48 PM
I like your optimism about this series. I wish I had that too.

Spur_Fanatic
05-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Lakers in 6, if Gasol plays like he played in Game 7.

MR.SILVER&BLack
05-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Anyone else think stern might screw the thunder for a chance at a lakers vs celtics finals or kobe vs Lebron finals?

Deuce Bigalow
05-13-2012, 12:59 PM
It's 28-0 after winning Game 1 now after the Game 7 win.

Kobe is 5-7 without HCA.

ChrisRichards
05-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Lakers in 6, if Gasol plays like he played in Game 7.
Doubt this. They don't need Gasol to go balls deep in this series. As long as Gasol gives them a modest 16 and 12, the lakers have a fighting chance, thats assuming Bynum has his fair share of 18 and 13. With those guys, its not really the numbers. Its more on effort, like boxing out etc. Jordan Hill's double, double contribution will also be appreciated.

To me, the bigger factor is their perimeter guys. OKC does a tremndous job doubling Bynum, and if Barnes, MWP, Sessions and Artest can start knocking those threes, I'm sticking with my prediction.

I like your optimism about this series. I wish I had that too.
This is understandable. You guys have been embarassed by OKC this season and your only win was when Harden was knocked out of the game. Its a legit concern. But I still feel OKC is getting too much success way too early at this point. If not LA, the Spurs will most definitely bring these guys down to earth. Face first tbh. I may get crucified here but I'm picking Brown's experience over Scott Brooks excellent X and O's in this series.

Anyone else think stern might screw the thunder for a chance at a lakers vs celtics finals or kobe vs Lebron finals?
May in fact be the opposite. The refs officiating will heavily favor the Thunder. As a matter of fact, like I said earlier, the first 2 games may be very ugly for LA. They cannot afford to make this a close game in OKC because the Thunders 3 best players all ranks among the Top 13 in FTA.

]

ambchang
05-14-2012, 01:29 PM
hey man!

have you heard Tim Donaghy's favorite Tommy Nunez story yet?

Of course I have. Also heard his story about a certain series in the CF that needs to go 7 in 2002.

Too bad there is only one "most" of anything.

lefty
05-14-2012, 10:25 PM
if they steal game 1. Despite of the huge odds stacked against them, if the lakers some way, somehow steals game 1, it will bring a huge momentum to la who has championship experience. I honestly thought had the mavs stole that game 1 against the thunder, the series outcome wouldve been different. Okc is a great team but lacks experience.

*kobe is 27-0 in playoff series when the lakers win game 1.

if

Venti Quattro
05-14-2012, 10:33 PM
If they steal Game 1. Despite of the huge odds stacked against them, if the Lakers some way, somehow steals Game 1, it will bring a huge momentum to LA who has championship experience. I honestly thought had the Mavs stole that Game 1 against the Thunder, the series outcome wouldve been different. OKC is a great team but lacks experience.

So, how do you see things now?

GB20
05-14-2012, 10:42 PM

:lmao

Reck
05-14-2012, 10:43 PM
Rich is still on pace with his prediction IF the Lakers win game 2.

baseline bum
05-14-2012, 11:13 PM
lol

pass1st
05-14-2012, 11:23 PM
Ain't over until Bynum sings :tu

Sec24Row7
05-14-2012, 11:25 PM
Only thing the Lakers Stole tonight was any fear the thunder might have had of them.

Oh.. And Durant and Westbrook's 4th quarter minutes...

hater
05-14-2012, 11:25 PM
:lmao

pass1st
05-14-2012, 11:26 PM
Only thing the Lakers Stole tonight was any fear the thunder might have had of them.

Fear keeps you from getting sloppy, tbh

Sec24Row7
05-14-2012, 11:28 PM
Fear keeps you from getting sloppy, tbh

So do condoms... Either way... The lakers got fucked.