PDA

View Full Version : Report: Spurs want Hill back

TD 21
05-13-2012, 04:54 PM
Stock up: Pacers PG George Hill is helping his value. He turned down a $6 million-per-year extension before the season and now might get more this summer as a restricted free agent. The Spurs and Tim Duncan, especially, want him to return to San Antonio, but San Antonio might not be able to afford him (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/chicago-bulls-fate-tied-derrick-rose-health-miami-heat-pat-riley-recalls-dwyane-wade-05-injury-article-%201.1077053). New York Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/chicago-bulls-fate-tied-derrick-rose-health-miami-heat-pat-riley-recalls-dwyane-wade-05-injury-article-%201.1077053)

Much like Batum, it's not going to happen for financial and logistical reasons, though.

timvp
05-13-2012, 05:00 PM
The Spurs obviously aren't going to go after Hill. He's much too expensive for someone who would come off the bench. And, yeah, the Spurs couldn't sign him even if they wanted him.

Dumb rumor and obviously fictitious.

Good find, though :tu

elemento
05-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Not gonna happen

probably stuff from his agent much like Batum's

timtonymanu
05-13-2012, 05:03 PM
Green > Hill.

Spurs have to resign Green instead.

DMX7
05-13-2012, 05:04 PM
Green is more important.

TD 21
05-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Green > Hill.

Spurs have to resign Green instead.

Green is not as good a shot creator, but they're of similar ilk. The difference is, Green has good size and is more versatile defensively. As an individual talent, I give Hill the edge, but given the composition of this roster, Green is the better fit and he'll probably end up costing them about half the amount Hill costs the Pacers.

TDMVPDPOY
05-13-2012, 05:13 PM
you sign green who is probably more cheaper and his potential to grow is starting to being tapped...

Obstructed_View
05-13-2012, 05:13 PM
The Spurs want Bob Hill back?

Oh, George Hill? Almost as unlikely.

Buddy Holly
05-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Did you see him air ball that floater? No thanks. He can continue to disappear in the playoffs for another team.

ducks
05-13-2012, 05:26 PM
hill with lots of turnovers today

slick'81
05-13-2012, 05:48 PM
green will be cheaper is longer and should remain the spurs sg

Bruno
05-13-2012, 05:48 PM
The Hill rumor makes no sense for the reasons given by everybody in this thread.

Saying that, Spurs will have to address their backup PG situation this summer. Neal shouldn't be a primary backup PG. It's unsure if Mills is good enough to be a backup PG and it's not even sure he will still be a Spurs next year. Joseph shouldn't be ready next year to be a backup NBA PG.

BackHome
05-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Man every article is we wanting somebody.....what gives/????

Yeah Joseph will not be ready for at least 3 to four years that is if he decides to get better by playing in Europe.

Budkin
05-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Appreciate what he did for us but no.

sehui
05-13-2012, 06:45 PM
I love G-Hill, but,

he sent Dick pics.

In all seriousness, I love George, but we just don't need him. We have no room for another combo guard who can't play PG effectively, and our guard rotation is stacked, there's no room for him.

We need to get stronger in the frontcourt.

gambit1990
05-13-2012, 07:00 PM
He can continue to disappear in the playoffs for another team.
this. idk why anyone would want him back. we already have green and neal/mills.

Capt Bringdown
05-13-2012, 07:28 PM
George Hill, aka The Incredible Shrinking Man, aka The Human Turnover Machine?
No thanks.

Obstructed_View
05-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Cory Joseph looks like he'll be just fine as an NBA backup. Coming off a title and with no lockout they shouldn't have a problem finding a vet to fill in.

Spur|n|Austin
05-13-2012, 07:48 PM
:wakeup

CGD
05-13-2012, 08:05 PM
Maybe in 2013 financially; but even then he needs to take that next level as a pg

100%duncan
05-13-2012, 08:29 PM
Trade him for Blair and JA? :lol

Spurtacus
05-13-2012, 08:30 PM
Meh. He can keep his tats and nude pics in Indy. Green is a great fit at SG. Hill wouldn't become the Spurs starting PG for a few years.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-13-2012, 08:31 PM
Cory Joseph looks like he'll be just fine as an NBA backup. Coming off a title and with no lockout they shouldn't have a problem finding a vet to fill in.

He does?

Capt Bringdown
05-13-2012, 08:56 PM
Meh. He can keep his tats and nude pics in Indy. Green is a great fit at SG. Hill wouldn't become the Spurs starting PG for a few years.

Didn't Hill also scold fans via Twitter?

Andthentherewas21
05-13-2012, 08:57 PM
He does?

Yes, but only on the Kings or this years Bobcats

Ditty
05-13-2012, 09:05 PM
I'm not a huge Green fan, but I would take him over Hill anyday.

Obstructed_View
05-13-2012, 10:01 PM
He does?

Yes. He does. I know certain people here hate him but they don't seem to spend much time actually watching him if it goes against what they decided before he ever suited up.

cherylsteele
05-14-2012, 12:43 AM
I think Mills is a better backup PG than Hill was.

crc21209
05-14-2012, 12:47 AM
No thanks. I was a fan of his when he was here but I would rather have TP, Manu, Neal, Green, Jax, and Leonard > Hill.

KaiRMD1
05-14-2012, 01:19 AM
I prefer mills over Hill anyday.

Spurs Brazil
05-14-2012, 03:05 PM
Buck_SA So GHill turned down $6M a year with Pacers and is looking for more? Spurs traded him with these economics in mind.

SenorSpur
05-14-2012, 03:41 PM
I'm not sure exactly WHY Hill would be looking for more. He's been productive in a reserve role for the Spurs and he is a decent player, but I certainly wouldn't value him as a 8-10mil per year player.

As others have stated, I like what Hill did for the Spurs while he was here, but he was a luxury player for the Spurs. He wasn't a true PG and too short to be a full-time SG. Therefore, he's stuck in being what he is - a productive tweener.

Spurs are better off with Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard in the 2-3 spots.

coyotes_geek
05-14-2012, 04:01 PM
Buck_SA So GHill turned down $6M a year with Pacers and is looking for more? Spurs traded him with these economics in mind.

Spurs are going to be looking at a similar situation with Blair this offseason. I think the odds of Blair getting moved in a similar fashion to Hill are pretty good. Both productive players, both outperformed their contract, both deserving of a significant raise, yet neither providing the Spurs something they can't find elsewhere at a cheaper price.

spursfaninla
05-14-2012, 05:24 PM
Spurs are going to be looking at a similar situation with Blair this offseason. I think the odds of Blair getting moved in a similar fashion to Hill are pretty good. Both productive players, both outperformed their contract, both deserving of a significant raise, yet neither providing the Spurs something they can't find elsewhere at a cheaper price.

Except that Hill was a starter/rotation player, and Blair is on the outside, looking in. Blair is now the 5th big, and we can't pay him much to do that for us. I agree we trade him, but I doubt we get much more than a 2nd round draft pick for him, especially given his decline in production this year.

Small Fundamental
05-14-2012, 05:47 PM
Yes. He does. I know certain people here hate him but they don't seem to spend much time actually watching him if it goes against what they decided before he ever suited up.He's garbage.

Silent
05-14-2012, 06:15 PM
He's garbage.

Hills average for the playoffs right now is approx 16pts vs kawi @ 7 and George is garbage ? lol

Silent
05-14-2012, 06:34 PM
Do the spurs need hill , Prob Not but Having hill back on the Team only makes us BETTER . I hope we do have him back .

tesseractive
05-14-2012, 07:02 PM
Hill would be a nice luxury as a backup point -- definitely better than anyone we have. But I like the guards we have at the salaries we have them at.

Hill will make starter money, and he deserves it. If he leaves the Pacers, I hope he lands a good spot somewhere.

TimmehC
05-14-2012, 07:16 PM
The New York Daily News. Also known as the same "journalists" who swore up and down that Tony Parker would be playing for the Knicks the next season for the last 3 offseasons running.

Obstructed_View
05-14-2012, 07:23 PM
He's garbage.

Right on cue.

Knoxxx
05-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Let someone else overpay Hill, and hopefully not Green.

As far as Blair, I think for $1 million he is a decent value, so one more year then let's see if is BB IQ is still lower than the Clips center who can only score on alley oops.

benefactor
05-14-2012, 08:11 PM
Except that Hill was a starter/rotation player, and Blair is on the outside, looking in. Blair is now the 5th big, and we can't pay him much to do that for us. I agree we trade him, but I doubt we get much more than a 2nd round draft pick for him, especially given his decline in production this year.
Depends. A team that doesn't want to pay guaranteed money to a first round pick might jump on deal for Blair and a second rounder to trade out.

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-14-2012, 08:43 PM
I'll take Green anyday over Hill. Not nearly as expense and his overall game is much better.

Small Fundamental
05-14-2012, 10:44 PM
Hills average for the playoffs right now is approx 16pts vs kawi @ 7 and George is garbage ? lolWho did I quote that mentioned George Hill?

Obstructed_View
05-14-2012, 10:55 PM
Hills average for the playoffs right now is approx 16pts vs kawi @ 7 and George is garbage ? lol

No, he's one of those people that doesn't watch Cory Joseph play and has already decided that he sucks for whatever reason.

Small Fundamental
05-14-2012, 11:15 PM
No, he's one of those people that doesn't watch Cory Joseph play and has already decided that he sucks for whatever reason.
I've watched pretty much every dribble of his professional career. Including his d-league play. And he's awful. No upside whatsoever.

Buddy Holly
05-14-2012, 11:17 PM

Hill is getting more minutes and more shot attempts. Hill is a fourth year player, Kawhi is a 20 year rookie. Kawhi has a better shooting percentage and rebounds more.

It's apples and oranges to compare them but the fact remains, Kawhi is much better for the Spurs future than Hill would have ever been.

Buddy Holly
05-14-2012, 11:19 PM
Do the spurs need hill , Prob Not but Having hill back on the Team only makes us BETTER . I hope we do have him back .

It doesn't make us better. Are you hill himself or one of his jump offs? We'd have to get rid of multiple players and multiple talent just to get him on this team, which would be overall detrimental to the Spurs.

Hill is an average tweener who shrinks in the playoffs. That's his ceiling.

spursfaninla
05-14-2012, 11:26 PM
It doesn't make us better. Are you hill himself or one of his jump offs? We'd have to get rid of multiple players and multiple talent just to get him on this team, which would be overall detrimental to the Spurs.

Hill is an average tweener who shrinks in the playoffs. That's his ceiling.

Well, if you want to get salaries into the discussion, fine.

But from a pure talent and skill perspective, outside of Tony and Manu, Hill would be the best point guard on the team easily. He has more all-around skills than anyone on the team outside Manu and tony as well.

However, he is small for a sg, and he is not going to start on our team. He is too good to be a backup, and does not fill the defensive needs against big guards.

If we had infinite money, having him as a backup pg would be great, sure.

back to reality.

Obstructed_View
05-14-2012, 11:53 PM
I've watched pretty much every dribble of his professional career. Including his d-league play. And he's awful. No upside whatsoever.

:lol

Small Fundamental
05-14-2012, 11:58 PM
:lol:wakeup