PDA

View Full Version : Ambien

DeadlyDynasty
05-13-2012, 11:35 PM
Anybody else take this? I've been taking it off and on for awhile now and I've found my dreams to be quite vivid--and strange. For some strange reason there's tornadoes, cats, and wwi battles prevalent in my dreams...not all at once, but they seem to be prevalent in most.

Can't explain it...weird, i know

benefactor
05-13-2012, 11:41 PM
I've heard of it. They say Melatonin does the same thing. I haven't taken either so I couldn't tell you first hand.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-13-2012, 11:54 PM
I thought the side effects of this was well known. Aren't there many cases of sleep walking and sleep cooking while taking ambien? I can imagine what you'd be dreaming

DeadlyDynasty
05-13-2012, 11:56 PM
I don't sleepwalk or eat...just comatose sleep with crazy dreams.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-14-2012, 12:00 AM
Yes. I read that. Just saying with the cases of reported sleepwalking, sleepcooking, sleepeating, etc............I can only imagine what you'd be dreaming of..........because of the many reports of sleepwalking, sleepeating and sleepcooking.

lefty
05-14-2012, 12:00 AM
Melatonin gave me some weird ass dreams

Fuck that shit

tlongII
05-14-2012, 12:12 AM
Are you crazy? Only crazy people take Ambien.

DeadlyDynasty
05-14-2012, 12:19 AM
Are you crazy? Only crazy people take Ambien.

Yes, I'm batshit crazy

Heath Ledger
05-14-2012, 05:34 AM
Ive been taking Alpha Brain pills it does the same thing

lefty
05-14-2012, 01:23 PM
A little OT, but Arginine is the shit :D

Spur|n|Austin
05-14-2012, 04:10 PM
A friend of mine was taking Ambien; she went to sleep on the drug, got up in the middle of the night and cooked asparagus then laid it all out on her counter, not before eating half of it.

angelbelow
05-15-2012, 06:31 AM
I'd recommend laying off unless you absolutely need it for insomnia.

This is one those high potential for abuse type drugs as indicated by C-IV. Zolpidem also resembles benzo's in their MOA.. arguably the most addictive class of drugs.

DMC
05-15-2012, 07:00 AM
I took one and later discovered I slept cooked a cat during a tornado. Odd.

chubbs
05-15-2012, 11:50 AM
DMC, with the bads

http://www.htmlgoodies.com/images/1x1.gif (http://www.vintagevideogamer.net/)

PakiDan
05-15-2012, 01:13 PM
I took one and later discovered I slept cooked a cat during a tornado. Odd.

I popped one, slept walked to your house and ate your cat.

PuttPutt
05-15-2012, 03:31 PM
I used to take Ambien for years. Was a great insomnia killer. But the if you take it long enough, your body will want to rely on it to get to sleep. So, basically you get addicted to it.

I was just like you & had the crazy dreams too. BUT don't think you won't get up & sleep walk (good chance of it happening). I did it a few times while taking it & have never before or after. Only during the few years that I took it, have i ever sleep walked. Once my wife caught me at the door with keys in my hand & I apparently was going to the store. She told me that I said I was going to Austin for cheese. (we lived in SA) :lol. No clue. But she said I mostly would just sit up & bed & talk to her for 10-20min. One other time she said I went outside on our balcony of the apartment we were renting naked & started singing. :rollin

BE CAREFUL w AMBIEN!!

Melatonin works. Kava Kava root settled me down too.

Death In June
05-15-2012, 04:47 PM
Ambien is a good sleep option, but some people are likely to experience complex related sleep behaviors (sleep walking, eating, talking) or vivid dreams while they're on it. The addictive potential is less than that of a lot of other anti-insomnia meds. I would not recommend melatonin for insomnia. It works by resetting our natural circadian rhythms. It's more effective when used in instances of jet lag. Kava kava has serious liver associated toxicities with it. I would not go that route. If you decide to get off of ambien, you'll probably go through a night or two of rebound insomnia, but it should let up after that.

Halberto
05-15-2012, 07:24 PM
My senior year of college I was taking a TON of adderall. I got some ambien from a friend so I could finally get some sleep before a test. I was playing League of Legends (DotA, warcraft type game) waiting for it to kick in and I literally started hallucinating like I took ~2 drops of acids. The game map was wavy and I couldn't concentrate on anything. Never did it again.

SequSpur
05-16-2012, 12:33 AM
interesting topic...I just came off of it after taking it for months.. It has been tough... it does alot of things to you...you become dependent on it...you like the sleep it gives you...

the problem I had was that I always felt like shit the next day..I relied on red bull, lots of ice tea, etc. to build up energy to function. It makes you lazy, you can't think right on it....

it's not good for you... I must say I am free again and I will only take it again if I absolutely have to.

Stay away from it unless you have to take it...

I recommend cutting your caffeines after 12...drink water...exercise...drop your a/c down a bit and relax til you go to sleep.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-16-2012, 02:41 AM
I have taken all manner of acid and never had solid hallucination. Sure stuff would morph like seeing faces in the bark on trees and the like. Now mescaline otoh....

Taken ambien for years now as needed. My sleep cycle gets untethered and i use it to reset it. Doesn't make me dream. Never sleepwalked either. The key is to not take it every day or every week for that matter.

and Sequ, try exercise. it would prob solve your problems.

The Reckoning
05-16-2012, 02:55 AM
pop 5 tylenol pm at night. shits good and i actually wake up when the alarm clock goes off. i only use it in case of emergency though because it really does make you drowsy the next day.

Death In June
05-16-2012, 03:01 AM
Yeah, tylenol PMs carry that sleepy hangover effect. So does Ambien, to a lesser degree. If you found that tylenol PMs work for you, you should switch to products containing diphenhydramine only. That's the substance that makes you sleepy, without the tylenol (which is toxic to the liver, especially in high doses).

angelbelow
05-16-2012, 05:27 AM
Anything that acts on your central nervous system has great potential for addiction and abuse.

Anything that ends with (generic name):
-pam
-xetine
-pine

Should be used with caution.

DeadlyDynasty
05-16-2012, 09:30 AM
interesting topic...I just came off of it after taking it for months.. It has been tough... it does alot of things to you...you become dependent on it...you like the sleep it gives you...

the problem I had was that I always felt like shit the next day..I relied on red bull, lots of ice tea, etc. to build up energy to function. It makes you lazy, you can't think right on it....

it's not good for you... I must say I am free again and I will only take it again if I absolutely have to.

Stay away from it unless you have to take it...

I recommend cutting your caffeines after 12...drink water...exercise...drop your a/c down a bit and relax til you go to sleep.

I don't feel like shit the next day per se, but yeah sometimes I'll have the 1000-yd stare and will drift off during the following morning. I stay away from caffeine for the most part, exercise daily, and I can't sleep unless my a/c is cranked down to 64:lol

boutons_deux
05-16-2012, 10:22 AM
chemical sleep is not equivalent to natural sleep

all BigPharma drugs have side effects, many are extremely serious.

eg, by one estimate, Vioxx killed 500K people. And HRT therapy caused 1000s of breast cancers, which dropped dramatically the year after millions of women went off it due to bad press.

scampers
05-16-2012, 12:12 PM
Yeah, tylenol PMs carry that sleepy hangover effect. So does Ambien, to a lesser degree. If you found that tylenol PMs work for you, you should switch to products containing diphenhydramine only. That's the substance that makes you sleepy, without the tylenol (which is toxic to the liver, especially in high doses).

Diphenhydramine is my hero. Love that stuff when I can't sleep--which thankfully isn't often so I can't comment on whether or not it is addictive, though I'm pretty sure it is not. The only problem with it is I need a good 10 hours of sleep when I take it, if I wake up earlier I'm really groggy. It usually wears off after I shower and eat, though.

DeadlyDynasty
05-16-2012, 12:18 PM
chemical sleep is not equivalent to natural sleep

all BigPharma drugs have side effects, many are extremely serious.

eg, by one estimate, Vioxx killed 500K people. And HRT therapy caused 1000s of breast cancers, which dropped dramatically the year after millions of women went off it due to bad press.

chemical sleep is better than NO sleep.

DeadlyDynasty
05-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Tylenol PM's/Benadryl don't get me to sleep, but they'll keep me asleep. Ambien gets me to sleep.

rjv
05-16-2012, 12:59 PM
maybe you should lay off the strawberry wine before you take your drugs

FuzzyLumpkins
05-16-2012, 03:06 PM
Anything that acts on your central nervous system has great potential for addiction and abuse.

Anything that ends with (generic name):
-pam
-xetine
-pine

Should be used with caution.

Ambiens not of the benzo group. the generic is Zolpidem

angelbelow
05-16-2012, 05:09 PM
Ambiens not of the benzo group. the generic is Zolpidem

Yeah its not a benzo, but they have their similarities. Not quite as bad or expensive which means they are a popular choice for abuse.

DMC
05-16-2012, 06:28 PM
I popped one, slept walked to your house and ate your cat.
Odd, he died two weeks ago.

ploto
05-16-2012, 10:10 PM
I would never take any of this stuff. I think the risk is just too great. I have hormonal induced insommia but I just deal with it. Having a regular schedule and routine helps. Watching basketball before I go to bed does not!