PDA

View Full Version : Bosh out!

Knoxxx
05-14-2012, 01:55 PM
http://www.nba.com/2012/news/05/14/miami-heat-chris-bosh-out-indefinitely.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

MIAMI (AP) -- The Miami Heat say Chris Bosh will be sidelined indefinitely because of a strained abdominal muscle.

An MRI exam performed Monday confirmed the diagnosis. Bosh was hurt late in the first half of the Heat's 95-86 victory over Indiana on Sunday in Game 1 of their Eastern Conference semifinal series.
Game 2 of the series is Tuesday night. Bosh's minutes will likely be filled by Joel Anthony and Ronny Turiaf, both of whom played extended stretches Sunday after Bosh departed.

Edit: See it on the other teams board, think it should be over here also.

T Park
05-14-2012, 02:01 PM
Indiana now has a legit shot at knocking them out.

Venti Quattro
05-14-2012, 02:02 PM

No. Miami is still going to beat them.

Knoxxx
05-14-2012, 02:07 PM
No. Miami is still going to beat them.

Well certainly makes the series more interesting. One would think Indiana SHOULD be able to win, but...

(I mean hell, who expected Clips to win at Griz)

Venti Quattro
05-14-2012, 02:08 PM
The Clips and the Grizzlies are fairly-matched teams. Miami has a huge advantage over Indiana.

Also, you're a faggot for asking this thread to be merged with same topic in the NBA forum.

Knoxxx
05-14-2012, 02:09 PM
The Clips and the Grizzlies are fairly-matched teams. Miami has a huge advantage over Indiana.

You may be right, since Indiana has to fly all the way over from Asia and all...

Also, you're a faggot for asking this thread to be merged with same topic in the NBA forum.

My apologies if you are in the 5% of Laker fans who are not faggots. You know how this place operates though! :p:

dbreiden83080
05-14-2012, 02:14 PM
If this was against the Celts he'd probably suck it up.. Nothing is torn..

Knoxxx
05-14-2012, 02:27 PM

Well hopefully it costs Miami a few games sitting Bosh and ultimately the series. I like to think Indiana wins next game, but Indiana winning next three to take control seems unlikely. Still a bit early for Lebron to choke just yet.

Speaking of Lebron, that is why the Heat trouble me. We have a rookie and somewhat aged S Jax to cover Lebron. Could be trouble, we know Lebron will win one someday, most likely.

lmbebo
05-14-2012, 02:30 PM
Bosh out against Indiana isn't a huge loss. I think if they meet Boston in east finals or any team in the west in the finals (assuming miami goes that far, and I think they will), then his absence will be felt more.

TheSkeptic
05-14-2012, 02:31 PM

Do you have any idea what a muscle strain is?

And, yeah, Miami will still beat Indiana imo.

dbreiden83080
05-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Well hopefully it costs Miami a few games sitting Bosh and ultimately the series. I like to think Indiana wins next game, but Indiana winning next three to take control seems unlikely. Still a bit early for Lebron to choke just yet.

Speaking of Lebron, that is why the Heat trouble me. We have a rookie and somewhat aged S Jax to cover Lebron. Could be trouble, we know Lebron will win one someday, most likely.

Nobody can cover Lebron or Wade but the rest of their team is nothing to fear....

Obstructed_View
05-14-2012, 02:48 PM
The talented but underachieving Pacers will fail to take advantage of the opportunity.

lefty
05-14-2012, 02:52 PM
So if we beat Miami in the Finals, that would be a double asterisk season ?

TampaDude
05-14-2012, 02:53 PM
If we beat Miami in the Finals and Bosh doesn't play, is there an *? :lol

Knoxxx
05-14-2012, 02:57 PM
If Bosh it out that is actually asterisk #3, after Rose knee injury.

Also Memphis upset may warrant an asterisk, since they beat us last year and surely would have again.

If OKC beats LAL as expected, that is another potential asterisk, since the World Peace suspension forced the mighty Lakers to go 7 and tire out against a fresh OKC team that "lucked" into a higher seed, just like the Spurs.

TampaDude
05-14-2012, 02:59 PM
If Bosh it out that is actually asterisk #3, after Rose knee injury.

Also Memphis upset may warrant an asterisk, since they beat us last year and surely would have again.

If OKC beats LAL as expected, that is another potential asterisk, since the World Peace suspension forced the mighty Lakers to go 7 and tire out against a fresh OKC team that "lucked" into a higher seed, just like the Spurs.

Spurs = 2012 NBA Champions********** :lol

Who fucking cares? I'll take it.

boutons_deux
05-14-2012, 03:02 PM

nah, LeBronze and DWhistle will prevail, but it will be 6 or 7 games.

Xevious
05-14-2012, 03:11 PM
He'll be back for the next round. Not a big deal.

timvp
05-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Eh, I think Bosh will be back by Game 4 of the Pacers series. I also think the Heat will beat the Pacers in 5 and then beat the Celtics in 5.

Obstructed_View
05-14-2012, 03:47 PM
If we beat Miami in the Finals and Bosh doesn't play, is there an *? :lol

It won't dampen my spirits one way or another.

Spursmania
05-14-2012, 04:10 PM
Spurs = 2012 NBA Champions********** :lol

Who fucking cares? I'll take it.

No shit-like who cares:lol
Every team plays the same number of games, period whether it's a shortened season or not. Every team has the same opportunity to win. LMAO at those (LA homers, etc...) who think we give a flying fuck about a so called asterik...:lmao

benstanfield
05-14-2012, 04:20 PM
I love how the media almost uniformly criticizes Pop for resting the big three and "forfeiting" regular season games, then declare that post season injuries to worn out guys like Bosh, Rose, etc. cause this to be an asterisk season. I love how nobody mentions that the Spurs are completely healthy, and talk all this asterisk bullcrap with no sense of irony.

COTY indeed.

Spurminator
05-14-2012, 04:26 PM
I love how the media almost uniformly criticizes Pop for resting the big three ad "forfeiting" regular season games, then declare that post season injuries to worn out guys like Bosh, Rose, etc. cause this to be an asterisk season. I love how nobody mentions that the Spurs are completely healthy, and talk all this asterisk bullcrap with no sense or irony.

I agree with your point overall that Pop deserves credit for keeping his team healthy to this point in a season that had a schedule that increased the likelihood of injury down the stretch, but don't forget that the very media you say doesn't give Pop credit is the same media that voted him COTY.

boutons_deux
05-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Pop doesn't keep anybody healthy, only less fatigued.

Good luck keeps anybody healthy.

benstanfield
05-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Pop doesn't keep anybody healthy, only less fatigued.

Good luck keeps anybody healthy.

The most rested team in the league is also the most healthy team in the playoffs, and has had none of the wear-and-tear related injuries of teams like the Bulls and the Celtics. You say this is luck, I say that rest and health have to do with one another. Rose's big injury might have been a freak landing, but he'd had nagging injuries most of the last part of the season, and Thibs pushed that team HARD every game. Come playoffs guys like Deng were obviously fatigued.

I'm not saying that the Spurs haven't been extremely lucky, all I'm saying is that anyone who criticized Pop for resting his guys should maybe reflect on their stance given the benefit of glorious hindsight.

benstanfield
05-14-2012, 04:47 PM
I agree with your point overall that Pop deserves credit for keeping his team healthy to this point in a season that had a schedule that increased the likelihood of injury down the stretch, but don't forget that the very media you say doesn't give Pop credit is the same media that voted him COTY.

True. But I don't think he got a lot of "this team is healthy and peaking at the right time because of strategic rest" votes, I think most of his votes were "this team has a great record and exceeded expectations, plus we can't give this to Thibs again" votes from the media.

Knoxxx
05-14-2012, 05:32 PM
No shit-like who cares:lol
Every team plays the same number of games, period whether it's a shortened season or not. Every team has the same opportunity to win. LMAO at those (LA homers, etc...) who think we give a flying fuck about a so called asterik...:lmao

If we win they can once again kiss our asterisk!!!

:flag::lobt::flag:

PublicOption
05-14-2012, 05:34 PM
49rRvshOI74

dunkman
05-14-2012, 07:18 PM
I have the impression Phil Jax doesn't manage minutes at all. I guess his GM's picked less injury prone players. He had Bynum out in 2008, then Malone and Ho Grant out in 2004 and that's it. Pop had bad luck with Manu various times despite managing his minutes, also Duncan was out in 2000 and Derek Anderson in 2001.

therealtruth
05-15-2012, 12:16 AM
I have the impression Phil Jax doesn't manage minutes at all. I guess his GM's picked less injury prone players. He had Bynum out in 2008, then Malone and Ho Grant out in 2004 and that's it. Pop had bad luck with Manu various times despite managing his minutes, also Duncan was out in 2000 and Derek Anderson in 2001.

Yeah. Phil Jax has never really had a problem with injuries. You can chalk up Malone's and Ho Grant's injuries to age. And he didn't micromanage minutes so he must have done something right. That's why I don't buy that keeping guys out of games and lowering their minutes like crazy will keep them injury free.

Knoxxx
05-15-2012, 10:33 AM
According to the TNT crew, including Shaq who had such an injury, stick a fork in Bosh for the season unless he gets "the shot." Shaq does not recommend that, as he then came back too soon and injured the other side.

However, for a championship and with months to recover, I suppose we can't rule out "the shot" from keeping Bosh in play for the Finals if Heat make it.