PDA

View Full Version : Spurfan, Spurfan, Spurfan, always thinking only one move ahead.

21_Dickings
05-14-2012, 11:05 PM
I have it on good authority from a studio executive friend of mine who is close to Kobe Bryant that the Mamba has been obsessively analyzing the infamous Memorial Day Massacre game in which the Lakers got slaughtered only to charge back and win the series.

Kobe understood how that game lulled the Celtics into a false sense of security and extreme overconfidence. Those mentalities proved to be their fatal flaw. After game 1, the Celtics thought they had the series wrapped up, but in game 2, that sense of entitlement lost them the game and eventually the series. Once the Celtics lost game 2, they forfeited any psychological edge they thought they had and were never able to recover for the rest of the series.

My man Kobe is always thinking 3 and 4 and 5 and 6 moves ahead, and the move he's running right now is fuckin' brilliant. Telling his team to let themselves get purposely destroyed so that the Thunder come out easy in game 2, which will definitely lose them the game and allow the Lakers to seize control of the series, and more importantly, their minds.

We win the next game. Sweep at home. Then wrap this bitch up in 5.

J.H.U.T.T.

lefty
05-14-2012, 11:08 PM
Magic was a leader. Kobe isn't

spursfan1000
05-14-2012, 11:09 PM
Did celtics win by 30 points in game one?

KoolAid Mans Brother
05-14-2012, 11:10 PM
I have it on good authority from a studio executive friend of mine who is close to Kobe Bryant that the Mamba has been obsessively analyzing the infamous Memorial Day Massacre game in which the Lakers got slaughtered only to charge back and win the series.

Kobe understood how that game lulled the Celtics into a false sense of security and extreme overconfidence. Those mentalities proved to be their fatal flaw. After game 1, the Celtics thought they had the series wrapped up, but in game 2, that sense of entitlement lost them the game and eventually the series. Once the Celtics lost game 2, they forfeited any psychological edge they thought they had and were never able to recover for the rest of the series.

My man Kobe is always thinking 3 and 4 and 5 and 6 moves ahead, and the move he's running right now is fuckin' brilliant. Telling his team to let themselves get purposely destroyed so that the Thunder come out easy in game 2, which will definitely lose them the game and allow the Lakers to seize control of the series, and more importantly, their minds.

We win the next game. Sweep at home. Then wrap this bitch up in 5.

J.H.U.T.T.

Preach it mah n1gga!!! :toast

Venti Quattro
05-14-2012, 11:13 PM
did celtics win by 30 points in game one?

148-114