PDA

View Full Version : 3 trades that should or shouldnt happen

mudyez
05-15-2012, 02:49 AM
Some very bad trade ideas that really should happen...do they?...I tried to keep it as simple as possible, not putting in like 20 players and 5 draft picks.
Plz give me your thoughts!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6subgcf

why LA does it: They know Blake isn't the guy that wins you a Championship. More so CP3 will know it when it comes down to signing a new deal. Getting D12 is the surest way of keeping CP3. Even though the Clippers are not on Howards list, its not like they dont have a great chance keeping the duo(with CP3+the beach).
They basically melt together Blake+Jordans game in one player and also get rid of the final year of Gomes' contract which should make Sterling smile.

why ORL does it: One more year of this BS? No! His ass needs to go away as soon as possible. But for who? Blake is just perfect, as he is the guy that wins over fans quickly, sells tickets and will make the D12 era go away. Jordan+Blake+Anderson is a great frontcourt (defensive anchor+offensivegotoguy+stretch4) to build around and possibly lure over a nice backcourt-FA in one or two years.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bwp4y2b

why SAC does it: Now is the time to trade Evans. His stock is falling but right now its not like everybody believes he is a complete bust. It's more like: "Hey, this dude is in the wrong situation...He needs to play more wing and needs to be around some good teammates". Getting Favours gives them one of the best young frontcourts in the NBA. Cousins+Favours suit each other very well (Cousins as the offensive guy while Favours is an agile big, that can protect the rim well enought to play the 5). This also may free up some playingtime for Thomas and Fredette (I'm not a big believer, but who knows). Trading small for a proven big isnt a mistake a lot of times.

why UTA does it: Having bigs is great, but its time to play Kanter! Against the Spurs it was obvious, that they need some more punch from the outside. Now your teaming up a nice frontcourt in Jefferson+Millsap+Kanter with a nice backcourt in Harris+Evans+Hayward+Burks. Corbin is just the guy to make Evans the player many believed he coult be! Because they are trading big for small, Sactown may also throw in a future Draftpick or the right to swap picks next year.

next one just in case MIA isn't winning it all and blows it up...
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7goweur

why MIA does it: Bosh is still a premiere player but he just doesn't fit as he isn't the back-to-the-basket player or rim protector they would need to complement their superstar wings. Scola (post) and Daly (rim protector) are just giving them that. They also have to take into account, that the CBA has changed, making their team really....REALLY....expensive in 2-3 years. Some more flexibility should help in that regard.

why HOU does it: Trading two good players for an All-Star doesn't seem to be a mistake does it? And while Bosh more and more looks like a player, that won't get you very far as the 1st or 2nd option, they are suckers for him. Maybe McHale can teach him some stuff, maybe the fans will love to have a Texan as their main guy. Maybe the duo of Lowry and Bsoh just works perfectly. Maybe! Yeah, but its worth a shot!

rayjayjohnson
05-15-2012, 02:55 AM
Love to see scola on the heat tbh

Kai
05-15-2012, 03:51 AM
If you're willing to trade Bosh you gotta call Orlando first, fuck Scola.

Sense
05-15-2012, 03:56 AM
out of those... only the bosh scola trade seems like it would benefit both teams..

it's scary to think it could work wonders for the Heat.. I hope it never happens.

mudyez
05-15-2012, 03:57 AM
now we have some conversation:

I dont see Orlando taking Bosh for D12...While Howard's stock if falling and falling, Bosh has a reputation that doesnt scream: "Hey Orlando fans, see who we got....good tames are ahead of us!"

OK, maybe they don't get Blake for D12 (after all Sterling is cheap and Blake sells tickets while costing less), but wouldn't Orlando at least prefer a package of Picks or young players (or in a Melo trade^^)?

Kai
05-15-2012, 04:17 AM
I don't see anything other than Bynum that would be more attractive to Orlando. I'd take Bosh and a couple picks over what Denver got for Melo.

mudyez
05-15-2012, 04:25 AM
So you have Anderson+Bosh as your frontcourt(that said, Anderson will be a scrub again, playing next to Bosh)...not really anything special in your backcourt and some draftpicks in the very late 20s?

I guess Orlando has to do it :D

mudyez
05-15-2012, 04:33 AM
Tried to make D12 for Bosh work, but Miami has no chance (and would be stupid anyway) to inhale Turks contract.

If Orlando trades Dwight without getting back a Melo/Blake type of star that pleases the fans, they at least would need to get rid of Turk's contract.

No D12 for you :)

Mal
05-15-2012, 05:18 AM
Utah need serious thread from the outside. Evans isnt one. But Evans + Freddette for overhyped Favors and filler will do.

SpursIndonesia
05-15-2012, 07:28 AM
No way Utah will trade Favors, they see him as a 2nd coming of Malone + Eaton combined. :lol

They will happily send either Jefferson or Millsap for a comparable talent(s) on the wing, and Harris days as a Jazz is pretty much numbered nowadays.

They see the future as Favors, Kanters at bigs, and Hayward, Burks at wings. Kanters & Burks are more shaky though.

Girasuck
05-15-2012, 04:00 PM
You're out of your fucking mind if you think the Jazz will trade Favors. Now, I'm sure some sort of trade involving Jefferson and Evans would garner more attention.

Girasuck
05-15-2012, 04:03 PM
Utah need serious thread from the outside. Evans isnt one. But Evans + Freddette for overhyped Favors and filler will do.

How the fuck is anyone on Utah overhyped? We get the least amount of national attention and yet we have overhyped players?

Mal
05-15-2012, 05:00 PM
How the fuck is anyone on Utah overhyped? We get the least amount of national attention and yet we have overhyped players?

Favors looked good against the Spurs. There were many articles about Favors. I assume he is overhyped. He is athletic freak, but he is raw. U can trade him for better scorer and pieces. Utah still have Jefferson, Kanter and Millsap. Favors could develop for great big, but this may be under new, fat contract.

Spurs da champs
05-15-2012, 05:04 PM
I think Utah should trade Milsap & keep Favors dude is gonna be an absolute monster. But a trade that should happen is for the Nuggets to get rid of either chandler/afflalo or galinari/afflalo for a legit 2 guard.