PDA

View Full Version : nba.com experts analysis on tiago splitter

freetiago
05-15-2012, 11:12 AM
"Tiago Splitter can bang, rebound, block shots and take up space in the middle. His bad hands and lack of any offensive moves make for an even matchup with Jordan."

imo he doesnt have bad hands
he gets lots of bailout passes from neal and ginobili
ginobilis the best passer on the team but hes also the worst and both those players play almost exclusively with splitter
he also plays with the turnover prone sjack
splitter has shown some moves
up and under and step through seem to be his go to move
has some pump fakes and shoulder fakes as well as long as smart finishes around the rim
those no way hes equal with jordan
jordan has no bball iq and all he can do is jump 10 feet at every pump fake as evidenced by his 5 fouls in 5 minutes last time he played SA

i think splitter will be the xfactor in this series
clippers didnt get to play splitter really since he wasnt splitter yet in the second game of the season
he also got injured in the second game when he threw a nice fake and griffin jumped onto him

Mel_13
05-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Just watched Tiago Splitter airball a free throw after shootaround. Series back on.

http://twitter.com/#!/JMcDonald_SAEN/status/202426810271674369

BlackSilver
05-15-2012, 11:19 AM
nba.com "experts" are actually interns hoping to get on TNT. Clippers probably want Jordan to foul out in the first 5 minutes so KMart can get on the floor. Which would give TD another chance to own him.

sa_butta
05-15-2012, 11:40 AM
Just watched Tiago Splitter airball a free throw after shootaround. Series back on.

http://twitter.com/#!/JMcDonald_SAEN/status/202426810271674369

Watch for hack-a-Splitter now...:lol

romad_20
05-15-2012, 12:54 PM
nba.com "experts" are actually interns hoping to get on TNT. Clippers probably want Jordan to foul out in the first 5 minutes so KMart can get on the floor. Which would give TD another chance to own him.

Do you even know who Charley Rosen is? He's not an intern, I can tell you that.

From the article "Charley Rosen is a former pro basketball player and coach and author of 16 books on basketball."

I do agree that it doesn't seem like he's familiar with Splitter's game, though.

timvp
05-15-2012, 03:05 PM
F Charley Rosen. The biggest David Robinson hater in known captivity.

Spurs da champs
05-15-2012, 03:14 PM
He's right all Splitter has is an up and under. But Tiago's smarts is what gives him the edge over Jordan who is really just as dumb as McGee.

roycrikside
05-15-2012, 05:26 PM
that seems like a really stupid scouting report on Splitter. He has better post moves than like 95% of the bigs in the NBA.

Obstructed_View
05-15-2012, 05:55 PM
During halftime analysis of one of the Spurs/Lakers games this year (that they won), someone said "Andrew Bynum had a running lefty bank shot. Who else in the NBA can do that?"

Splitter hit exactly the same shot in the third quarter. :lol

TheSkeptic
05-15-2012, 06:01 PM
that seems like a really stupid scouting report on Splitter. He has better post moves than like 95% of the bigs in the NBA.

How many bigs in the NBA even post up though?

And while I agree that this isn't a very good report, tbh I'm kind of hoping the Clippers are using this for reference...

biskvito
05-15-2012, 06:07 PM
no disadvantages in being under the radar... win-win