PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson predicts Spurs win in Game 7

BigShotBob
06-22-2005, 07:01 PM
Phil Jackson was the guest on Pardon the Interruption on ESPN. He predicated a Spurs win in game seven. (Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon predicted a Detroit win.) He said that he had predicted the Spurs to win it all at the beginning of the season and was sticking to that. The main reason he gave for a Spurs victory was that they had more character. He thinks that counts in championship game sevens and players like Rasheed Wallace won't keep their cool. He did say at the end, however, that Tim Duncan had better start playing better and put the team on his shoulders on game seven or the Spurs weren't going to win.

If you're interested in his Lakers comments, he said:

Kobe got too much blame last year. He didn't deserve it.

He thinks the Lakers are a playoff team next year with or without tweaking. He will tweak the team, though. Has already talked to Lakers management about players he wants to get rid of or pursue.

Doesn't need a big man. Learned with the Bulls that you don't need a main big man to win. Dennis Rodman was good enough to do the duties.

Alchal
06-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Pistons in 7.

boutons
06-22-2005, 07:04 PM
"you don't need a main big man to win"

... when you have a Michael Jordan.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-22-2005, 07:04 PM
Didn't Phil berate Kobe in his book? Amazing what 3 years, 30 million can do to a man's POV...

BigShotBob
06-22-2005, 07:05 PM
Didn't Phil berate Kobe in his book? Amazing what 3 years, 30 million can do to a man's POV...

He took a jab at Kornheiser & Wilbon when they asked him the same thing. He said, "Now guys I know you're better than most of the media out there and ACTUALLY read my book and you would know that that was only a quote at the very beginning of the book and I spent the last 200 pages writing about Kobe's transformation into a team leader."

jalbre6
06-22-2005, 07:12 PM
"you don't need a main big man to win"

... when you have a Michael Jordan.

Yeah, I was thinking that Horace Grant and Dennis Rodman had more to do with being able to play without a good big man.

If he thinks that Kobe=MJ, and Odom= Pippen, and that Brian Grant, Caron Butler, and Chucky Adkins and my least favorite Longhorn of all time Chris Mihm can get him another ring, the Scientology HQ is right in his backyard, waiting for some of that $10 million a year.

ALVAREZ6
06-22-2005, 07:13 PM
Phil Jackson better be right.

DETROITpistons
06-22-2005, 07:14 PM
Pistons in 7.

CalsonicKansei
06-22-2005, 07:21 PM
Phil Jackson is a smart man, but also lost to the pistons last year with 4 great players on his team. well exept for Karl and Payton.

adidas11
06-22-2005, 07:37 PM
Karl Malone and Payton were role players at that stage in his career, and Malone wasn't even able to play. His injury was a big reason why the Pistons were able to dominate inside. That, and the fact that Kobe played like crap.

If those Pistons would have played the Lakers in 2000 or 2001, they would have been swept off the court.

T Park
06-22-2005, 07:39 PM
Now guys I know you're better than most of the media out there and ACTUALLY read my book and you would know that that was only a quote at the very beginning of the book and I spent the last 200 pages writing about Kobe's transformation into a team leader."

I read the book and thats true.

But Rick Fox and Shaq also came to Phil asking them to trade him as well.

But Jackson is right, he mentions in near the beginning but later says that Kobe is an amazing talent, wich he is.

manubili
06-22-2005, 07:41 PM
Why we keep saying "in 7"?
Is there any other chance???

Spurs in eight!

duncan_21
06-22-2005, 07:45 PM
phil's giving props to the spurs? I just saw a pig fly and things are freezin down here in hell.

jalbre6
06-22-2005, 07:55 PM
I read the book and thats true.

But Rick Fox and Shaq also came to Phil asking them to trade him as well.

But Jackson is right, he mentions in near the beginning but later says that Kobe is an amazing talent, wich he is.

I was in Half Price Books on Saturday, and his book was in the new arrivals section by the register. They still wanted $14 for it! I kind of want to read it, but not that much...

FreshPrince22
06-22-2005, 07:55 PM
phil's giving props to the spurs? I just saw a pig fly and things are freezin down here in hell.

It's called pick your poison. And the Pistons happend to be the last team to hurt him. His last game he coached was at the Palace if you don't remember. Of course he's gonna root against us.
________
ALMERA (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/ALMERA)

nkdlunch
06-22-2005, 08:26 PM
Phil Jackson was the guest on Pardon the Interruption on ESPN. He predicated a Spurs win in game seven. (Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon predicted a Detroit win.) He said that he had predicted the Spurs to win it all at the beginning of the season and was sticking to that. The main reason he gave for a Spurs victory was that they had more character. He thinks that counts in championship game sevens and players like Rasheed Wallace won't keep their cool. He did say at the end, however, that Tim Duncan had better start playing better and put the team on his shoulders on game seven or the Spurs weren't going to win.

If you're interested in his Lakers comments, he said:

Kobe got too much blame last year. He didn't deserve it.

He thinks the Lakers are a playoff team next year with or without tweaking. He will tweak the team, though. Has already talked to Lakers management about players he wants to get rid of or pursue.

Doesn't need a big man. Learned with the Bulls that you don't need a main big man to win. Dennis Rodman was good enough to do the duties.

I think he's playing mind games. He wants Detroit to win. I was beleiving him until he said you don't need a big man to win a championship :rolleyes

You had MJ you moron!

and Lakers a playoff team :rolleyes :rolleyes

Don't beleive this fool.

constantstate
06-22-2005, 09:01 PM
they werent too far off from being IN the playoffs. being a threat? no. not for a very long time, or unless he does some voodoo magic...

as far as phil picking the spurs... jesus, i dont know if thats good or bad... but whatever, everything zen. we can all go to the hotdog stand and ask for them to make us one with everything.

Ocotillo
06-22-2005, 09:03 PM
LOL, Philip always shows up for the play offs for the Spurs no matter what.

Vashner
06-22-2005, 09:32 PM
Jim Rome called Spurs in 7 too b4 it all started...

Did I mention I love Rome? :)

Chris
06-22-2005, 09:37 PM
Yeah Romey rules. Phil Jackson picks us to win? We need all the support we can get. Spurs won't lose 7 at home this year.

Supergirl
06-22-2005, 09:40 PM
Wonder who Jackson wants to keep and get rid of? In particular, I wonder if he wants Odom to stay.