PDA

View Full Version : George Karl: "Four or five teams in the West can beat Miami."

Uriel
05-15-2012, 09:04 PM
George Karl: Thunder, Spurs only contenders

Nuggets coach George Karl was on SiriusXM's Beyond the Brink Tuesday morning, saying he expects somebody will beat the Heat:

I think all season long everybody in basketball thought Oklahoma City was the best team in the west, but were they mature enough to show that? I think last night, I think everybody right now, I think it’s going to be a San Antonio-Oklahoma City thing.

San Antonio is playing with so much flow and rhythm and rhythmatic offense and their defense is not great but it is solid. It’s still a pretty good defensive team. Their offense is so in flow right now I love watching San Antonio play. And this is the time of year where there’s a separation and I’m not ready to sign the contract but I’m pretty sure Oklahoma City is a higher degree than everybody else right now, along with, probably, San Antonio. ...

I’m very prejudiced toward the west. I’ll be honest with you, I think there’s four or five teams in the West that can beat Miami.

But that’s just me.

And especially if Bosh is injured, that might be five or six teams in the West [that can beat the Heat] if Bosh is hurt. And unfortunately I think people are conceding that Miami, even without Bosh, is going to win. And I don’t think that’s true.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/42882/george-karl-thunder-spurs-only-contenders

TampaDude
05-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Well, without Bosh, the Heat would lose to any of the remaining 4 teams in the West.

They just lost to the Pacers...in Miami. :lol

ALVAREZ6
05-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Even full strength, I think both the Spurs and Thunder have a greater probability of winning than losing a series against Miami.

lmao another ringless year for The King/The Chosen One

Rummpd
05-15-2012, 10:58 PM
Pacers might take care of this in this round.

irishock
05-15-2012, 10:59 PM
Spurs, Thunder, 2XLA can all do it now, especially with Bosh out. Wade/James 2 man game for 48 minutes can't get shit done.

GSH
05-15-2012, 11:25 PM
I think there are two teams left in the East who could beat them, too.

Knoxxx
05-15-2012, 11:44 PM
I think there are two teams left in the East who could beat them, too.

Exactly my thought, thinking IND or BOS look good. Hell even PHI is in contention in East.

All 4 eastern teams struggling to reach 80 points, classic ugly ball.

D Wade with the ultra faggy glasses to boot...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-15-2012, 11:46 PM
If we get through OKC, we will destroy the Heat. OKC is the danger series.

dbreiden83080
05-15-2012, 11:49 PM
It's gonna be another year without a ring for Lebron. The Heat are just not good enough all around. With Bosh down the lack of depth really shows itself.. You can't blow this team up

But they need more..

dbreiden83080
05-15-2012, 11:51 PM
If we get through OKC, we will destroy the Heat. OKC is the danger series.

I think Boston might make it.. Heat look fragile to me without Bosh..

therealtruth
05-16-2012, 12:40 AM
If the Pacers take care of the Heat I think we pretty much should be expected to win it all. I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around the way we are kryptonite for the Thunder yet the Thunder are kryptonite for the Lakers.

therealtruth
05-16-2012, 12:43 AM
It's gonna be another year without a ring for Lebron. The Heat are just not good enough all around. With Bosh down the lack of depth really shows itself.. You can't blow this team up

But they need more..

The Pacers are smart enough to figure out if you give Lebron and Wade 30 that's still not enough to win. Forcing the stars to beat you while limiting everyone else can be a pretty good playoff strategy.

GSH
05-16-2012, 12:46 AM
I think Boston might make it.. Heat look fragile to me without Bosh..

Spurs vs. Celtics could be an epic series.

If the Pacers take care of the Heat I think we pretty much should be expected to win it all. I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around the way we are kryptonite for the Thunder yet the Thunder are kryptonite for the Lakers.

Spurs vs. Thunder WILL be an epic series. Don't underestimate them.

spurs1990
05-16-2012, 01:37 AM
Spurs vs. Celtics could be an epic series.

Granted...but tbh I prefer the sexier matchup with Miami. Would give the Spurs a grander stage.

hater
05-16-2012, 08:27 AM
Then San Antonio Thunder fan club welcomes George karl

freetiago
05-16-2012, 08:55 AM
didnt denver whip miami at their house
even houston/utah took a dump on them as well iirc

if miami/chicago had to play in the western conf theyd be seeded somewhere around the grizzlies seed
wish spurs got to feast on the bobcats/wizards/cavs/raptors/etc all season