PDA

View Full Version : Your friendly MD here - as you watch your team choke in the playoff and...

Rummpd
05-16-2012, 05:52 AM
You get that horrible gagging feeling or actually put the peanut, popcorn or most dangerous of all, a partial hotdog* down the "wrong hole" (i.e. the trachea).

(while watching James brick FTs, Wade overdue in the clutch or Kobe over aggresively shoot the LAL out of the playoffs etc.)

The Heimlich Maneuver for CHOKING (ONESELF)
When you choke, you can't speak or breathe and you need help immediately. Follow these steps to save yourself from choking ):

Make a fist and place the thumb side of your fist against your upper abdomen, below the ribcage and above the navel.
Grasp your fist with your other hand and press into your upper abdomen with a quick upward thrust.
Repeat until object is expelled.
Alternatively, you can lean over a fixed horizontal object (table edge, chair, railing) and press your upper abdomen against the edge to produce a quick upward thrust. Repeat until object is expelled.

See a physician immediately after rescue.

http://heimlichinstitute.com/page.php?id=34

*did an autopsy in medical school with a group on a poor guy who actually died this way relatively young!

Brought to you as a public service announcement from the "Good Doc".:flag:

Killakobe81
05-16-2012, 07:22 AM
Weak troll attempt, I give it a 5 for effort. Glad to see the 15 game win streak has Spur fan feeling more cocky than classy. Nice to see the only thing that separates Laker fan and spur fan right aboutnow is one roots for a REAL contender this year and the other roots for a team with 12 more championships.

Welcome to the obnoxious fans club. Where yankee, Duke, ManU, Celts Lakers and now spur fans stand shoulder to shoulder ... :toast

benefactor
05-16-2012, 07:27 AM
Rummpd with bolded gnsf goods.

Leetonidas
05-16-2012, 08:41 AM
Weak troll attempt, I give it a 5 for effort. Glad to see the 15 game win streak has Spur fan feeling more cocky than classy. Nice to see the only thing that separates Laker fan and spur fan right aboutnow is one roots for a REAL contender this year and the other roots for a team with 12 more championships.

Welcome to the obnoxious fans club. Where yankee, Duke, ManU, Celts Lakers and now spur fans stand shoulder to shoulder ... :toast

http://files.sharenator.com/lolumad_RE_REPORTED-s416x359-95165.jpg

Rummpd
05-16-2012, 11:55 AM

Thanks so much for being "that guy" that backs the bandwagon that is the LAL of course! [My own loyalty to the Spurs has gone on for years and accross my travels and work in 40 plus countries as a public health doctor dates back to the years when Larry Brown was coaching the Admiral at least so bring it on! Spurs fan quietly are everywhere and truly back the greatest and classiest professional sporting club of my or any generation in so many aspects!]

Warlord23
05-16-2012, 12:49 PM
This guy needs to be crowned king of the greys

Seventyniner
05-16-2012, 01:10 PM
7.2/10. And quit bellyaching, KK. LeBrom choked regardless of the Spurs' winning streak. The Pacers tried to choke too but LeBron out-choked them.

Killakobe81
05-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Been a Laker fan for over 25 years. Don't deny that I became a fan in the 80's and it was easy to be a Laker fan living in So Cal with Magic and Showtime in full swing. But I also was a fan when Vlade, sedale threat and ceballos were our best players for whole seasons. We ate heading downwards and Kobe is slowing down, but I'm still here.

Killakobe81
05-16-2012, 06:05 PM
And I was mostly just fucking with rumpd you would think a 15 game win streak and finally getting media love would give tall a sense of humor, tbh

Killakobe81
05-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Been a Laker fan for over 25 years. Don't deny that I became a fan in the 80's and it was easy to be a Laker fan living in So Cal with Magic and Showtime in full swing. But I also was a fan when Vlade, sedale threat and ceballos were our best players for whole seasons. We are heading downwards and Kobe is slowing down, but I'm still here.

GNHF
06-05-2012, 03:40 PM
:lmao

The Good Doctor

Venti Quattro
06-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Good catch, GNHF. How did I not see this? :lmao :lmao

:lmao multi-tasking

tesseractive
06-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Karma fucking sucks.

DMC
06-05-2012, 05:09 PM
I misdiagnosis isn't uncommon. As an MD, I would know.

Venti Quattro
06-28-2012, 03:19 AM
The NBA got the series it wanted and the outcome it wanted even if it finally could not pull a rabbit out and skew it to 7 games or some shit like that.

Re this "artificially induced" finals, I am sure a lot watched and some even cared, that the Heat destroyed the Thunder.

Meanwhile, in all honestly, by far the two best and complete teams (the Bulls and Spurs) were home due to injuries or spurrious officiating at key moments and count the fans of the Celtics, Lakers and Mavs as also rightfully pissed off that their teams simply count not stand in the way of a dream match to end a shortened season. It iwll be peculiar for sure, that for some reason this season unlike the 99 season will not have an * attached to it; but one should be and doubled down as **2012 champs, for in reality the Heat are still a beatable team with no depth and poor skill at at least two positions, but whom somehow got the games called the way they needed for their superstars and of course "redeemed themselves" after last years seemingly equally scripted defeat where the NBA Gods placated Cuban finally.

Therefore, to get in step with what the Commish and the NBA Gods want many of you will coronate the King and revive his countdown to 7. You will surely pray and hope that Howard gets what the hell he really wants. You even will hope D. Williams goes to the Lakers or some such crap as that.
A few of you wil surely also hope that things will work out well for the Lottery lucky (or enhanced) Hornets who went from being owned by the NBA to a tax write off for a car salesman.

However, count me out of really caring for the NBA so much anymore.

For as my 14 y/o said, Dad if they are not going to even give them a chance with the calls why the hell should we watch or even care anymore? One should not and I cannot - so out for at least a long, long time.

LkrFan
06-28-2012, 04:20 AM
By "MD" does he mean Mothafuckin Dumbass? And Venti keeps bumping his shitty threads! :rollin