PDA

View Full Version : The two teams playing on another level...

spursfaninla
05-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Not to look past the Clippers or anything, but while enjoying this win, you can't help notice that only two teams in the playoffs are making it look easy. The two teams that beat their opponents 4-0. The two teams scoring at will. The two teams that the media here in LA are acknowledging are at "another level", and neither team is from LA:

The Thunder and the Spurs.

Both offenses are off the charts right now, with multiple stars that can and do score relentlessly. Multidimensional teams that can score from the perimeter, inside, mid-range, open court, you name it.

both teams are able to play very good defense as well, although if Perkins is limited for an extensive period of time, that becomes a big problem for them.

Watching them gang-rape the Lakers, I have to say I am very impressed with their team.

It will be a herculean effort to beat this team, but with home court I like our chances.

I will say they are the one team that is more talented (when factoring in youth and current level of athleticism) comprehensively than the Spurs.

ffadicted
05-16-2012, 11:09 AM
If Miami doesn't step up their game and bosh isn't back 100%, OKC-SA could very well be the true finals. East looks like fucking garbage

Blake
05-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Lakers win tonight and perception of the thunder does a 180.

hater
05-16-2012, 11:18 AM
San Antonio Thunder!!!

hater
05-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Lakers win tonight and perception of the thunder does a 180.

OKC has a superior team. Just because their name is the Lakers will not help them on the court.

T Park
05-16-2012, 11:19 AM
The Lakers aren't winning a game. They're fried, and their defense is not quick enough or good enough to cover their wings...

Mugen
05-16-2012, 11:21 AM
premature, tbh.

Mr. Body
05-16-2012, 11:22 AM
It's stunning the disparity in points put up by the Western Conference teams versus the Eastern Conference. Looking forward to seeing how the Finals turn out.

Darkwaters
05-16-2012, 12:38 PM
The East is trash - and the recent injuries to star players only compounds it

therealtruth
05-16-2012, 02:31 PM
Not to look past the Clippers or anything, but while enjoying this win, you can't help notice that only two teams in the playoffs are making it look easy. The two teams that beat their opponents 4-0. The two teams scoring at will. The two teams that the media here in LA are acknowledging are at "another level", and neither team is from LA:

The Thunder and the Spurs.

Both offenses are off the charts right now, with multiple stars that can and do score relentlessly. Multidimensional teams that can score from the perimeter, inside, mid-range, open court, you name it.

both teams are able to play very good defense as well, although if Perkins is limited for an extensive period of time, that becomes a big problem for them.

Watching them gang-rape the Lakers, I have to say I am very impressed with their team.

It will be a herculean effort to beat this team, but with home court I like our chances.

I will say they are the one team that is more talented (when factoring in youth and current level of athleticism) comprehensively than the Spurs.

With the Bulls out the Spurs have homecourt through the playoffs and they're nearly perfect at home and also really good on the road.