PDA

View Full Version : Refs tighting up the whistle in 2nd round?

Brutalis
05-16-2012, 11:39 AM
I have been lucky enough to watch all 2nd round games except the Celts/Sixers game 1 and it seems to me the refs are letting more things go than usual.

I think it stems from Stern talking about flopping for calls and such. Maybe he made a phone call that night and got all the refs on the same page?

There where several flops and actual fouls not being called last night in both games.

T Park
05-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Which benefits the Spurs IMO because Green can be a little more physical with Chris Paul..

GSH
05-16-2012, 12:10 PM
I have been lucky enough to watch all 2nd round games except the Celts/Sixers game 1 and it seems to me the refs are letting more things go than usual.

I think it stems from Stern talking about flopping for calls and such. Maybe he made a phone call that night and got all the refs on the same page?

There where several flops and actual fouls not being called last night in both games.

I didn't have any problem with either of last night's games. As long as the refs are relatively consistent on both ends of the floor, I usually don't care. What really drives me crazy is when they call it one way for 43 minutes, and then shift gears in the last 5 minutes of the game.

There have been a couple of games (not Spurs) in these playoffs where I felt like the refs went too far about allowing contact on both ends. I'm more concerned about them refusing to call 3-seconds. That can really skew a game one direction, and it definitely works against the Spurs.

GSH
05-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Now if you're talking about this: http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/16/league-will-not-upgrade-foul-punish-dwyane-wade-for-hit-on-collison/ I sort of agree. If it had been anyone but Wade, it would have been a flagrant 2. But that play was caused by earlier play, and the refs not being in control.

Another Joey Crawford crew - go figure.

DFm9WTq-aH8
5oLAXroU7Rc

Brutalis
05-16-2012, 01:08 PM
I have no problems with the way the games are being called. I would prefer them to let it get a little physical instead of calling every cheap foul.

Wade is a bitch, that's nothing new. He thought he was fouled so he takes out his anger and gets away with it.

TPark is right though. If they continue to call games like this it only helps the already red hot Spurs.

Spursmania
05-16-2012, 01:19 PM
I was at the game last night and they were really letting them play. I was really surprised at some of the calls that went unchecked.

I'm just glad that piece of garbage, Meta Word Destruction, isn't on the Clip team. It's just a matter of time before that dude fucks someone up real good. I think he's going to explode in the OKC series and injure someone.

smaka
05-16-2012, 01:41 PM
DWade should be suspended for this kind of faul. But of course, he won't be, he plays for Heat. If one of Spurs did it, they would suspend him.

therealtruth
05-16-2012, 02:02 PM
I heard someone say that if DC had got into Wade's face they would have probably ejected Wade.

polandprzem
05-16-2012, 02:12 PM
DWade should be suspended for this kind of faul. But of course, he won't be, he plays for Heat. If one of Spurs did it, they would suspend him.

at least 3 games

Jimcs50
05-16-2012, 02:35 PM
That Memphis-LA series was rougher than most NFL games. I don't think I've ever seen a game called so loosely. I actaully do not think that is good for the game at all. The refs need to call the fouls, otherwise it is just plain ugly bball.

Seventyniner
05-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Going forward, if the Spurs end up playing the Thunder and/or Heat, the refs letting fouls go would be good for the Spurs. Those two teams live at the FT line.

Keepin' it real
05-16-2012, 03:48 PM
I still have very bad memories of Game 1 of the 2003 WCF against Dallas, when the refs started blowing their whistles early and would not stop. The two teams combined to shoot 98 free throws. The game lasted 3 hours ... as long as a football game. Pathetic.

Playoffs should always = fewer foul calls.

TampaDude
05-16-2012, 04:45 PM
I'm just glad that piece of garbage, Meta Word Destruction, isn't on the Clip team. It's just a matter of time before that dude fucks someone up real good. I think he's going to explode in the OKC series and injure someone.

That would likely be his last game ever in the NBA.

Obstructed_View
05-16-2012, 05:10 PM
I still have very bad memories of Game 1 of the 2003 WCF against Dallas, when the refs started blowing their whistles early and would not stop. The two teams combined to shoot 98 free throws. The game lasted 3 hours ... as long as a football game. Pathetic.

Playoffs should always = fewer foul calls.

Ah, Bennett Salvatore.