PDA

View Full Version : Fair weather Spur fans popping up out of nowhere

Blake
05-16-2012, 12:24 PM
I imagine that preachers have a mixed amount of emotion when Easter and Christmas roll around each year. They are happy to see the pews and the offering plates fill up, yet are also perturbed that a large number of these people are just here for their semi annual penance and won't be seen again until the next holiday.

I think these people have the intention of coming to church on a more regular basis, but when most Sundays roll around, something comes up and they put God on the back burner.

But thanks to the Easter and Christmas visits, these people can still honestly come in and claim that they they've been a real Christian since 19--.

Does all this matter to God? I don't think so, but I can see how it would piss off the church faithful.

I guess what I'm trying to get at here is that it is great to see a bunch of you guys/girls that I haven't seen in a long time but screw you for only coming to church once a year.

Bastards.

Ricky Davis
05-16-2012, 12:32 PM
No.

Chumpdumper would never create a thread like this. You're starting to slip

spursfanincolorado
05-16-2012, 12:47 PM
I imagine that preachers have a mixed amount of emotion when Easter and Christmas roll around each year. They are happy to see the pews and the offering plates fill up, yet are also perturbed that a large number of these people are just here for their semi annual penance and won't be seen again until the next holiday.

I think these people have the intention of coming to church on a more regular basis, but when most Sundays roll around, something comes up and they put God on the back burner.

But thanks to the Easter and Christmas visits, these people can still honestly come in and claim that they they've been a real Christian since 19--.

Does all this matter to God? I don't think so, but I can see how it would piss off the church faithful.

I guess what I'm trying to get at here is that it is great to see a bunch of you guys/girls that I haven't seen in a long time but screw you for only coming to church once a year.

Bastards.

Good point - I know that I read a ton of threads but don't feel like posting since there is such a prevalence of shit talking and douche-baggery in general. Kinda like high school except with a sense of anonymity.

A high post count means not much to me. I just feel life in general takes precedence over this site. It is not puzzling for the lurkers (such as I) to come out of the woodwork, we are fans too. I remember the dark days and appreciate these better ones.

I guess its human nature to talk a little shit when things appear to be going well and this team is dominating...

I applaud you full time posters who treat this kinda like a second job. I am on here plenty reading all of your insights as a collective...

Thank you for the entertainment!!

NRHector
05-16-2012, 12:50 PM

Bastards.

amen my brother :toast

cheguevara
05-16-2012, 12:56 PM
Agree with OP. Ericb, shoogaber, marcus bryant, jimcs50, etc,etc

bthewigwam
05-16-2012, 01:11 PM
:tu

Good point - I know that I read a ton of threads but don't feel like posting since there is such a prevalence of shit talking and douche-baggery in general. Kinda like high school except with a sense of anonymity.

A high post count means not much to me. I just feel life in general takes precedence over this site. It is not puzzling for the lurkers (such as I) to come out of the woodwork, we are fans too. I remember the dark days and appreciate these better ones.

I guess its human nature to talk a little shit when things appear to be going well and this team is dominating...

I applaud you full time posters who treat this kinda like a second job. I am on here plenty reading all of your insights as a collective...

Blake
05-16-2012, 01:43 PM
No.

Chumpdumper would never create a thread like this. You're starting to slip

you busted me. I'm not Chumpdumper.

Solid work, Nancy Drew :tu

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Agree with OP. Ericb, shoogaber, marcus bryant, jimcs50, etc,etc

shoogs a brain surgeon so he gets a pass.

silverblk mystix
05-16-2012, 02:24 PM

Bastards.

Well I am offended with this garbage.

How can you compare worshipping God to Spurs fandom?

One offers a way to be nearer to God, to taste more of what life has to offer, to experience an awakening or a communion with the universe and all the love in it.

The other is a bunch of hypocrites wearing robes who get a monetary handout on Sundays.

LoneStarState'sPride
05-16-2012, 04:43 PM

One offers a way to be nearer to God, to taste more of what life has to offer, to experience an awakening or a communion with the universe and all the love in it.

The other is a bunch of hypocrites wearing robes who get a monetary handout on Sundays.

I lol'd in spite of myself :lol

ChumpDumper
05-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Chumpdumper would never create a thread like this.I just did.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197233

NRHector
05-16-2012, 04:54 PM
I just did.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197233

isn't that plagiarism?

BlairForceDejuan
05-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Maybe said fan is just trolling the people that take such serious offense to it.

TampaDude
05-16-2012, 04:59 PM

:lol :toast

ChumpDumper
05-16-2012, 05:01 PM
isn't that plagiarism?I properly attributed it to myself.

Obstructed_View
05-16-2012, 05:14 PM
:lol being a fan requires posting on a message board.

Blake
05-16-2012, 05:32 PM

True fans will post all year long.

Even if it's posting something bat shit crazy like ” where are all you popsuckers at?” at least they are here.

Whisky Dog
05-16-2012, 05:37 PM
In a related note, does that dark skinned Latino guy who has sat right behind the tv commentators for what seems like every Spurs title run post here?

silverblk mystix
05-16-2012, 07:03 PM

Even if it's posting something bat shit crazy like ” where are all you popsuckers at?” at least they are here.

I know there is a compliment in here somewhere.

Some of the best cucks are fans too. True fans. Of what-I don't know.

Blake
05-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Some of the best cucks are fans too. True fans.

I wouldn't know.

How neat that you do.

vander
05-16-2012, 09:14 PM
if the Spurs become bottom dwellers after TD retires, I'll probably stop paying attention

Marcus Bryant
05-16-2012, 09:20 PM
Cute thread.

Wild Cobra Kai
05-16-2012, 09:28 PM
you busted me. I'm not Chumpdumper.

Solid work, Nancy Drew :tu

you bored me. This thread sucks.

Solid work, Nancy :tu

easjer
05-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Eh, I'm on maternity leave and have a bit of time here and there between pumping sessions when the baby is sleeping to read/post. I don't have time to post at work, have a high pressure job and spent the entire regular season in a high-risk pregnancy which commanded more attention than posting on ST. SFIE kept me updated on anything of relevance and I watched what games I could.

Fan =/= posting on ST.

Strange Botwin
05-16-2012, 10:34 PM
As far as i'm concerned, if you are 27 years old or under, you by definition are a fair weather fan. You've never known the Spurs to suck. It's not your fault...it's just a wonderful byproduct of luck, talent and community.

But you are a fair weather, junior....

Spursfan092120
05-16-2012, 10:38 PM
Agreed, Blake..agreed. Of course this year it was nothing but good. Well..that's not true. The road record at the beginning of the year was shit...but I digress. This team has been amazing pretty much all year, but like the Rangers and Cowboys I was a fan when they sucked...I'm a fan when they win, and I'll be a fan when they suck again (Cowboys are already there). It's part of being a fan.

Spursfan092120
05-16-2012, 10:41 PM
As far as i'm concerned, if you are 27 years old or under, you by definition are a fair weather fan. You've never known the Spurs to suck. It's not your fault...it's just a wonderful byproduct of luck, talent and community.

But you are a fair weather, junior....

Guess you don't remember the Bob Weiss years...fired in '88.

phyzik
05-16-2012, 11:05 PM
god doesnt exist so it doesnt matter.

Blake
05-16-2012, 11:42 PM
Eh, I'm on maternity leave and have a bit of time here and there between pumping sessions when the baby is sleeping to read/post.

wtf

Agreed, Blake..agreed.

No. god. No. no no no.

This thread sucks.

Brutal reminder why I rarely start threads.

MannyIsGod
05-17-2012, 08:52 AM

What makes you think those people aren't around? Shitty threads like this?

MannyIsGod
05-17-2012, 08:54 AM
No. god. No. no no no.

Bad thread but quality post. :lmao

Legacy
05-17-2012, 09:41 AM

:lol :tu

Great post. I tend to enjoy my REAL life even more, too. It's been a lot of fun on here, no doubt, and I'm sure it will continue (great, great site ;)) ... But you're right -- I don't get paid to be on here 24/7 or have anything to prove to anybody, unlike "The True Analysts" on here do, yanno', lol. Oh well... such is life. My REAL life. *shrug*

in2deep
05-17-2012, 09:42 AM
it's interesting a lot of posters with tons of post count suddenly showing up

Legacy
05-17-2012, 09:51 AM

Truth. Now, tell me more. :lol

Keepin' it real
05-17-2012, 09:56 AM
Why do you give a shit who other people cheer for?

Blake
05-17-2012, 10:08 AM
:lol :tu

Great post. I tend to enjoy my REAL life even more, too. It's been a lot of fun on here, no doubt, and I'm sure it will continue (great, great site ;)) ... But you're right -- I don't get paid to be on here 24/7 or have anything to prove to anybody, unlike "The True Analysts" on here do, yanno', lol. Oh well... such is life. My REAL life. *shrug*

True fans get paid to be here.

Legacy
05-17-2012, 10:11 AM

:lol

Matty2Cool
05-17-2012, 10:35 AM
been a fan since the ABA days, but im only 25. lol wut

spursfanincolorado
05-17-2012, 10:41 AM

Show me your paycheck stub and I'll show you mine from this site...

Then we will see who makes more, post count withstanding or GNSF status...

Blake
05-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Cute thread.

Total Posts: 1,019,719 Posts Per Day: 208.45

^ truest, most honest fan around

Blake
05-17-2012, 10:55 AM
Show me your paycheck stub and I'll show you mine from this site...

Then we will see who makes more, post count withstanding or GNSF status...

I don't get paid. Me reaching true fan status is just wishful thinking.

But don't let that stop you from showing your pay stub. :tu

mingus
05-17-2012, 11:03 AM
I was as big a spurs fan as I am now b4 I started posting here.

Blake
05-17-2012, 11:05 AM
I was as big a spurs fan as I am now b4 I started posting here.

Sure you were

Matty2Cool
05-17-2012, 11:14 AM
itt: you can't be a spurs fan if you're not posting on the internet.

guess it was impossible to be a fan before the intrawebz. :rolleyes

Legacy
05-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Obviously, it's only The Bandwagon fans I cannot fucking stand with a passion!

Fuk yo bandwagon love, clown! :flipoff

Blake
05-17-2012, 03:34 PM
itt: you can't be a spurs fan if you're not posting on the internet.

guess it was impossible to be a fan before the intrawebz. :rolleyes

The only other way to be a true fan without the internets is to get Spur tattoos on the backside of your legs ..... more specifically, in the calf region.

Stabula
05-17-2012, 05:13 PM
It makes sense for someone to be a fair weather fan when it comes to something like a sports team. Why would you be an enthusiastic fan for a shitty team? Because of some kind of vague emotional attachment to the logo or the city? That's just stupid.

DRclipper
05-17-2012, 05:49 PM
just curious. i know yall have minor league baseball, a WNBA team, an AHL team, and the Spurs. when those are the options, doesnt EVERYONE like the spurs? how can there be a bandwagon when the spurs are the main attraction among very small sideshows?

yall should check out the crazy amount of people that have popped up on our message boards this past year. its "roll your eyes" worthy.

DMC
05-17-2012, 08:32 PM
So many site owners here. Must be a new record.

spursfanincolorado
05-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Obviously, it's only The Bandwagon fans I cannot fucking stand with a passion!

Fuk yo bandwagon love, clown! :flipoff

Yep, I love how people flip flop all the time and try and justify it like: "my brothers friend knows a kid who knew this other cat who likes this team"

Then the next big thing at school is to like the Pacers or something...LOL

ShoogarBear
05-17-2012, 09:01 PM
All these fair weather fans who only started posting after 01-19-2006.

dav4463
05-17-2012, 11:17 PM
It's all those maverick fans jumping on the bandwagon.

Baelzar
05-17-2012, 11:39 PM
18,000 posts @ roughly 10 seconds per post = 50 hours.

50 hours of typing posts on the internet.

I'm proud to lurk.

Legacy
05-18-2012, 12:24 AM
just curious. i know yall have minor league baseball, a WNBA team, an AHL team, and the Spurs. when those are the options, doesnt EVERYONE like the spurs? how can there be a bandwagon when the spurs are the main attraction among very small sideshows?

yall should check out the crazy amount of people that have popped up on our message boards this past year. its "roll your eyes" worthy.

Bandwagon fans are... well... bandwagon fans. Doesn't matter where you live or what team(s) may represent. Just sayin'.

Obstructed_View
05-18-2012, 07:22 AM

I'm proud to lurk.

:lol :toast

pgardn
05-18-2012, 07:28 AM

I'm proud to lurk.

Lurking is good.

Lots of biters on this board.

And there is no warning sign. Should be illegal. You just deliver some mail and all of the sudden nine attack dogs are tearing at ya.

Blake
05-18-2012, 09:36 AM

50 hours of typing over a 6 year span.

My fingers have held up through proper diet and exercise.

I'm proud to lurk.

you're proud that you spend time reading others' posts on the internets?

Neato.

Blake
05-18-2012, 01:52 PM
All these fair weather fans who only started posting after 01-19-2006.

7-11-2003, tbh.

Signing up right after the Spurs went parading down the river for a second time.

Obstructed_View
05-18-2012, 01:54 PM
7-11-2003, tbh.

Signing up right after the Spurs went parading down the river for a second time.

So you've been a fair weather fan for nine years.

Blake
05-18-2012, 02:02 PM
So you've been a fair weather fan for nine years.

over your head apparently.

Nothing new no surprise par for the course

SA210
05-18-2012, 02:46 PM

I'm proud to lurk.

:rollin

Blake
05-18-2012, 03:37 PM
SA210 is proud of ignoring.

Obstructed_View
05-18-2012, 04:02 PM
over your head apparently.

Nothing new no surprise par for the course

Yes, your seeming inability to combine punctuation and capitalization in a single sentence aside, you are oh so clever. :lol

Blake
05-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Yes, your seeming inability to combine punctuation and capitalization in a single sentence aside, you are oh so clever. :lol

is my improper punctuation and capitalization really the excuse you are going with for not following along?

L-o'L

m33p0
05-18-2012, 05:03 PM
f*ck you for calling me out!

Obstructed_View
05-18-2012, 06:21 PM
is my improper punctuation and capitalization really the excuse you are going with for not following along?

L-o'L

I guess it's also your complete inability to recognize sarcasm. I don't think you're clever. The only one who thinks there's something to follow along is you.

AlleyOopNazi
05-18-2012, 06:26 PM
I dont see how post counts have anything to do with fandom. I watch every game plus summer league if available and being able to follow a team through its season cant be equaled by a simple bold name or a post count of any number. You wouldnt be as supportive of 5-61 team as much as a 50-16 team so wouldnt that make everyone a fairweather fan unless you can support bad play as much as good?

spursfanincolorado
05-18-2012, 07:52 PM
I dont see how post counts have anything to do with fandom. I watch every game plus summer league if available and being able to follow a team through its season cant be equaled by a simple bold name or a post count of any number. You wouldnt be as supportive of 5-61 team as much as a 50-16 team so wouldnt that make everyone a fairweather fan unless you can support bad play as much as good?

Post count just show how dedicated one is to spending their time on this site replying to mostly troll threads and the like and an occasional insightful one. What would be interesting is a time spent viewing (lurk mode as you will)

I had forgotten my password to my previous account and have no access to recover the reset because my email account is not accessible.

I joined back in March of 06 and had about 200 posts - six years of mostly lurking and being entertained by the forum.

I think the folks on here that are bolded or whatever have a sense of entitlement like in highschool or something where they were the hall monitors or the teachers pet.

Its kinda like an hierarchy, "I need this status to make my ego"

Good ole boys club!

I'm going back to watch the 76'ers creep back in this game... good evening

Blake
05-18-2012, 09:33 PM
I guess it's also your complete inability to recognize sarcasm. I don't think you're clever. The only one who thinks there's something to follow along is you.

You can stop not trying to follow along at any time.