PDA

View Full Version : Anyone check out the ESPN NBA headlines?

ThaBigFundamental21
05-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Here's a link. http://espn.go.com/nba/ Notice, there is not a single mention of the San Antonio Spurs, winners of 15 in a row. Owners of a 16 point victory over the Clippers last night. Make no mistake, if Miami, L.A. Lakers, or OKC had won 15 in a row, the internet and media would explode. I'm not one to really care if the media recognizes us or not, it's nothing new. But this almost seems like there is some sort of designed media blackout on us. It doesn't make sense. The Spurs are playing miraculously right now.

Slydragon
05-16-2012, 04:30 PM
I'm just going to copy and paste what I told my friend on facebook,

"Spurs fly off the radar. They like a stealth bomber, you don't hear it or see it but when all is said and done your city is like WTF just happen"

Beanzamillion21
05-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Why do people on this board act like this is something new? For the sake of GNSF everywhere, stop it, just stop it!

LakerHater
05-16-2012, 04:36 PM
As Spurs fans we are used to it!

TampaDude
05-16-2012, 04:36 PM
Under the radar...that's just how we roll... :hat

naico
05-16-2012, 04:51 PM
Just the way i like it.

_jin
05-16-2012, 04:54 PM
lol seriously? how many weekly threads can people make about the spurs lack of exposure? It's always been this way, yet 1000 years from now spurs fans will keep on complaining about it.
And yet you don't understand it's actually a positive for the team, I'd rather have the media leaving them alone and following Lebron or Kobe everywhere.

And by the way you checked late afternoon, all day the headlines were about yesterday's games (with a bigger focus on MIA/IND obviously), and now they're moving on tonight's games, I don't even see the problem there.

Obstructed_View
05-16-2012, 05:12 PM
Thank you, but you don't need to provide any more proof. Even Lakers fans aren't denying it anymore.

Rummpd
05-16-2012, 05:21 PM
Thats ok at some point the tipping point for the uninformed/unknowing or disinterested BSPN crowd will convert to bandwagoners when the streak gets even longer.

BlackSilver
05-16-2012, 05:23 PM
Who gives a &*#$? If the Spurs got all that attention you seem to wish for, they wouldn't be our beloved Spurs because they would be full of Jason Terrys and Dwight Howards.

SA210
05-16-2012, 05:37 PM
Damn, if only Timvp had included in his analysis that ESPN would now be covering the San Antonio Spurs as much as Miami and LA.

Budkin
05-16-2012, 05:50 PM
I don't give a shit if we keep winning.

PÒÓCH
05-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Frankly who cares? In the long run if the spurs win the championship this year it will just make it that much sweeter.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-16-2012, 06:06 PM
People that come in here knowing what its about then proceed to whine about it :lmao

smh

DMC
05-16-2012, 06:15 PM
No one gives a shit about the Spurs = off the radar

ThaBigFundamental21
05-16-2012, 06:32 PM
I can really go off here and write a damn book. But to be perfectly blunt, I really feel like we are going to get screwed by the NBA, and the refs. The Spurs aren't just playing good, they are doing some amazing things right now. And no one notices. It's ignored, it's not covered. I think it's by design, and when we get screwed no one will care, "it's just the Spurs." And everyone thinks "the Spurs are to old to win." All Spurs fans know it's not true, but it's popular perception, and ESPN loves enforcing it. Maybe I'm paranoid. But watch out. I feel it's coming...........

T Park
05-16-2012, 07:19 PM
They'll cover you when you raise the trophy.....

TD 21
05-16-2012, 07:27 PM

Barely. To them, the Spurs can't win the championship. Even when they win the championship, the story will be the Heat lost the championship. They'll downplay it because it was a lockout season and there were key injuries. Also, given the short turnaround between the Finals and the Draft/start of free agency, less than a week later it'll be forgotten and it'll be back to discussing the Heat, Lakers, Thunder, Clippers, Knicks, Celtics, Bulls and Magic (until they trade Howard).

davi78239
05-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Barely. To them, the Spurs can't win the championship. Even when they win the championship, the story will be the Heat lost the championship. They'll downplay it because it was a lockout season and there were key injuries. Also, given the short turnaround between the Finals and the Draft/start of free agency, less than a week later it'll be forgotten and it'll be back to discussing the Heat, Lakers, Thunder, Clippers, Knicks, Celtics, Bulls and Magic (until they trade Howard).

Couldn't of said it better myself.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-16-2012, 07:51 PM
When the Spurs win the championship, the media will be forced to report it. It'll be too big not to....

therealtruth
05-16-2012, 07:54 PM
The Mavs experienced the same thing last year.

san antonio spurs
05-16-2012, 07:54 PM
Are these fans serious?:lol
You clowns noticed that most websites(including ESPN) had them 1st or 2nd in their power rankings? So what is the problem? If you are crying for lack of respect you might want to reconsider...on the other hand, if you are crying for love...you might have to go look elsewhere.

And lol at the fact that the NBA will fuck the spurs:lol If they get beat it will be because a team was better than them plain and simple

ThaBigFundamental21
05-16-2012, 07:59 PM

Exactly.

ThaBigFundamental21
05-16-2012, 08:02 PM
The Mavs experienced the same thing last year.

And still no one will point out the flaws of the Heat. The Heat are still the best in the eyes of ESPN. Dallas exposed the Heat, the team is exactly the same as last year. The Heat have 3 ultra talented players, and a HUGE drop off after them, and a paper thin bench. A deep team will run them into the ground again. The Heat will not win the title this year. But try telling the clowns at ESPN, or even the fans of the Spurs on this site who "fear the Heat."

ThaBigFundamental21
05-16-2012, 08:04 PM
Are these fans serious?:lol
You clowns noticed that most websites(including ESPN) had them 1st or 2nd in their power rankings? So what is the problem? If you are crying for lack of respect you might want to reconsider...on the other hand, if you are crying for love...you might have to go look elsewhere.

And lol at the fact that the NBA will fuck the spurs:lol If they get beat it will be because a team was better than them plain and simple

As far as losing to a better team, how easily you forget the Sacramento Kings or the Portland Trailblazers. Hell, even the Mavs of 06 could make a pretty darn good point of being "the better team." You act as if it this is unheard of.......

spurs1990
05-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Think of it this way...when the publicity and exposure does come around, it shall be exponentially sweeter.

You can't experience highs if you have no concept of lows.

Mal
05-16-2012, 08:08 PM
Just stay under the radar, and enjoy this team playing. Great things are about to happen

SpursIndonesia
05-16-2012, 08:13 PM
It's actually quite good for the team, less coverage, less pressure created by hype & expectation. They are where they have wanted to be, that's all.

san antonio spurs
05-16-2012, 08:19 PM
As far as losing to a better team, how easily you forget the Sacramento Kings or the Portland Trailblazers. Hell, even the Mavs of 06 could make a pretty darn good point of being "the better team." You act as if it this is unheard of.......
Of course there are inconsistencies in reffing the game because it's done by humans and not robots. What I find ridiculous is your conspiracy theory. As if the Pistons never beat Shaq, Kobe, Malone, and Phil Jackson or that the Mavs never beat Lebron, Wade and Bosh. Should I go on?

phyzik
05-16-2012, 08:34 PM
I think its part media hate because of being labeled "boring" but I also think a large part of it is due to the Spurs personality when it comes to Media.... Timmy hates being intervied and Pop scares the shit out of them. I would not doubt it if Pop coaches the team on how to avoid questions and not give out info.

If it wasnt mandatory, I bet the Spurs would be hush-hush every single season.

Obstructed_View
05-16-2012, 09:01 PM

Not on ESPN.