PDA

View Full Version : If you're EUROPEAN: You gotta love the PISTONS!

enzogiovanni
06-22-2005, 08:05 PM
OK, let's see why:
- no marketing managers built "superstars" with multi million sponsorship contracts and not-even-close-to-what-they-get-paid-and-marketed basketball ablities
- no fake superstars
- no superstar referee calls
- no 300 pound monster ready to tear you apart and dunk over you (and have a 20% chance of hitting the basket from any distance longer than 3 feet)
- rare 1 on 1 play
- a balanced team in every position
- extreme teamwork play
- big big heart and ready-to-die attitude
- not caring about personal statistics but caring about: WINNING!¨
- finally, the most important thing in basketball, and how the inventor meant it to be played: playing as a team!

bye bye spurs :king

SequSpur
06-22-2005, 08:06 PM
Another waste of bandwidth.

xcoriate
06-22-2005, 08:10 PM
lwts take a vote shall we?

Euros that support spurs say so.

Euros that support pistons say so.

Kori can always check ips for truth :smokin

CaptainHook
06-22-2005, 08:16 PM
uhh our spurs have more european players than the pistons

enzogiovanni
06-22-2005, 08:17 PM

make it so

enzogiovanni
06-22-2005, 08:20 PM
uhh our spurs have more european players than the pistons
besides Parker all the other spur's europeans play about 1,5 minutes per game combined.
it is really not about nationalities here, it is about how a team plays and Detroit is the most european-styled team ever in the NBA (did I forget to mention that they are also twice as better than any european team? :spin )

nkdlunch
06-22-2005, 08:21 PM
OK, let's see why:
- no marketing managers built "superstars" with multi million sponsorship contracts and not-even-close-to-what-they-get-paid-and-marketed basketball ablities
- no fake superstars
- no superstar referee calls
- no 300 pound monster ready to tear you apart and dunk over you (and have a 20% chance of hitting the basket from any distance longer than 3 feet)
- rare 1 on 1 play
- a balanced team in every position
- extreme teamwork play
- big big heart and ready-to-die attitude
- not caring about personal statistics but caring about: WINNING!¨
- finally, the most important thing in basketball, and how the inventor meant it to be played: playing as a team!

bye bye spurs :king

same thing applies to Spurs plus:
- a lot of international players
- the best scouting in Europe and internationally in the NBA
- no phony belts
- Texas rules over Michigan
- the rest of the world is with the Spurs

so truthfully, Europe is w the Spurs :tu

ForestBrain
06-22-2005, 08:40 PM
- no phony belts

- Manu is a flopper and a disappointer
- Parker also doesn't play consistently
- Texas is hot, dusty and ugly, Michigan is beautiful with all of it's forests
(I live in Texas, BTW)
Everybody I talk to on the internet (who BTW aren't Pistons fans) hate the Spurs

DETROITpistons
06-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Another waste of bandwidth.

Waste of bandwidth? LOL.

constantstate
06-22-2005, 08:44 PM
jesus what a waste

but what do you expect from fans of clowns who carry around wrestling belts.

constantstate
you know... cause europeans are into that.

SpursWoman
besides Parker all the other spur's europeans play about 1,5 minutes per game combined.
it is really not about nationalities here, it is about how a team plays and Detroit is the most european-styled team ever in the NBA (did I forget to mention that they are also twice as better than any european team? :spin )

Go Darko, Go!

:shootme

SpursWoman
06-22-2005, 08:45 PM
- Manu is a flopper and a disappointer
- Parker also doesn't play consistently
(I live in Texas, BTW)
Everybody I talk to on the internet (who BTW aren't Pistons fans) hate the Spurs

Do you honestly think we really GAF?

nkdlunch
06-22-2005, 08:48 PM

nerd, get out of your house more often. 'cause the other nerds you talking to don't know whats good for them

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-22-2005, 08:53 PM

Really?
Do the Pistons play zone defense?
Or zone offense?
Do they rely their game on three-point shooting?
Do they play screens all the time for three point shooters?
Big Ben & Rasheed pass the ball like Sabonis?
Do the Pistons use flex offense?
Chauncey is a pass first point guard?

Get a clue.

50 cent
06-22-2005, 08:55 PM
Detroit is fucking shithole compared to any town in Texas (and we even have to claim Lubbock).

:lmao

enzogiovanni
06-22-2005, 08:56 PM
agree

agree, but you have to give credit to Detroit who made a championship team with leftovers from other teams

- no phony belts
but a LOT of arrogance (especially after 2:0)

wouldn't know and frankly don't give a damn (i'm from Europe, remember)

probably, as all China is with the Houston Rockets (guess why:lol )

truthfully very wrong

nkdlunch
06-22-2005, 08:56 PM

what about the Piston's only european player. 0 minutes.

He's called the Human Victory Cigar :lmao that's gotta embarrass Europeans, even he's embarrassed about it.

SoundTheToll
06-22-2005, 09:07 PM
- no phony belts

I was going to say the same thing, but now I'm pissed. Get your facts straight. Michigan is certainly over Texas. Michigan is further from the equator than Texas, therefore Michigan rules over Texas. :fro

And the belts are sweet. :smokin

SoundTheToll
06-22-2005, 09:09 PM
Detroit is fucking shithole compared to any town in Texas (and we even have to claim Lubbock).

:lmao

Blindly bashing Detroit without ever being there, or knowing what you're talking about. How original. Isn't Houston the crime capital of America?

nkdlunch
06-22-2005, 09:10 PM
I was going to say the same thing, but now I'm pissed. Get your facts straight. Michigan is certainly over Texas. Michigan is further from the equator than Texas, therefore Michigan rules over Texas. :fro

And the belts are sweet. :smokin

please, Michigan is little, cold and the girls are butt ugly.

Texas is big, hot and the women are caliente!

enzogiovanni
06-22-2005, 09:11 PM
what about the Piston's only european player. 0 minutes.

He's called the Human Victory Cigar :lmao that's gotta embarrass Europeans, even he's embarrassed about it.
know how to read?

The Big Chicken
06-23-2005, 01:37 AM
I am an european and I like the spurs. And I do not like the way Detroit plays defence, it is ugly and they use hands mostly instead of the body. And the way players always bitch when they get foul they deserve. You would fouled out in like 10 minutes if you played in Europe.

milkyway21
06-23-2005, 02:20 AM
Another waste of bandwidth.:lmao

Slomo
06-23-2005, 02:30 AM
No!

The Big Chicken
06-23-2005, 03:15 AM
And you are wasting one of the greatest European talents. Yes, I can see you are a team that the Europe loves.

zeleni
06-23-2005, 04:32 AM

SO!

Slo spurs fan
06-23-2005, 05:54 AM
Really?
Do the Pistons play zone defense?
Or zone offense?
Do they rely their game on three-point shooting?
Do they play screens all the time for three point shooters?
Big Ben & Rasheed pass the ball like Sabonis?
Do the Pistons use flex offense?
Chauncey is a pass first point guard?

Get a clue.

Can´t say better! :tu

Spurs forever! :elephant

Mr Dio
06-23-2005, 05:56 AM
Michigan is further from the equator than Texas, therefore Michigan rules over Texas.

Yeah, that is why Michigan has always been claimed by any half ass Ice Age that comes along..Gotta wipe out the assholes & start fresh again.

tonillo
06-23-2005, 06:29 AM
i'm european (come te)enzogiovavanni and i say
i love this game i love san antonio spurs small town
great team
GO SPURS GO

enzogiovanni
06-23-2005, 06:33 AM
OK...let's make a wrapup of the "fans" that responded:
- a bunch of Slovenians who love the spurs (legitimate, although if udrih & nesterovic played for the pistons they would equally "love" the pistons)
- spaniards and italians who just love ginobili (BTW, i like him too)
-a guy resopned with a bunch of tactical questions which would require a separate forum to answer, and are mostly nonsense like "Do Sheed and Wallace pass the ball like Sabonis? - WHO DOES!?!?!?!?!?!? maaaaaaybe DIVAC, but Sabonis is one of a kind. And with an intelligent remark as is Billups a first-pass point guard. As he is the best assist man in the team I suppose he eventually DOES PASS THE BALL.
My point is that Detroit plays CONTROLLED BASKETBALL and makes the most aout of every possession with intelligence.

It's nice to see you guys are scared. :elephant :elephant

Clandestino
06-23-2005, 08:15 AM
Blindly bashing Detroit without ever being there, or knowing what you're talking about. How original. Isn't Houston the crime capital of America?

no, you dumbfuck...it is always between detroit and another city.. in 04 detroit was 2nd... i think mogadishu beat you guys out

ObiwanGinobili
06-23-2005, 08:32 AM
enzogiovanni:
I've got a bone ot pick about this
"but a LOT of arrogance (especially after 2:0)"

please show me some clips, interviews or quotes where the Spurs were arrogant (and or cocky - my word) when they were up 2-0.
??????
Spurs fans can get pretty arrogant, especially in here. But I don't remeber any actions that translate into arrogance from the Spurs players or organization.
If anythign I do remeber them giving lots of props to Detroit, reminding us that Detroit was a great team, that the series was not over yet and they needed to be carefull casue Det can/ most likely would fight back hard.
They did say they needed to win games in Detroit and were planning to.
But that is not arrogance, thats commom sense - they are tryign to wi nthe finals so the whole point is to win as many games as you can - not give them away.

So please enlighten me.

nkdlunch
06-23-2005, 08:50 AM
OK...let's make a wrapup of the "fans" that responded:
- a bunch of Slovenians who love the spurs (legitimate, although if udrih & nesterovic played for the pistons they would equally "love" the pistons)
- spaniards and italians who just love ginobili (BTW, i like him too)
-a guy resopned with a bunch of tactical questions which would require a separate forum to answer, and are mostly nonsense like "Do Sheed and Wallace pass the ball like Sabonis? - WHO DOES!?!?!?!?!?!? maaaaaaybe DIVAC, but Sabonis is one of a kind. And with an intelligent remark as is Billups a first-pass point guard. As he is the best assist man in the team I suppose he eventually DOES PASS THE BALL.
My point is that Detroit plays CONTROLLED BASKETBALL and makes the most aout of every possession with intelligence.

You the only moronic Euro who likes the Pistons. Just accept it dude.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-23-2005, 08:58 AM

:rolleyes So people disagree and suddenly they are scared? No offense to the Pistons fans who haven't been complete asses while they've been here, but this is one of the most annoying habits that I've seen out of you guys that I didn't particular see from the other teams we played. Some one posts something debatable on a SPURS FORUM and then when Spurs fans disagree it's because we're scared of the Pistons. Someone doesn't consider Billups a pass first guard? We're scared. We don't think that Tim Duncan is soft? It's because we're scared. We don't consider Rip Hamilton anything less than Jesus with a sneeze guard? We're scared. It's not one person who has done it consistently, but it's really a load of shit. Knock it off.

P.S.-I'll bet good money that someone is going to look at this rant and claim that I only wrote it because I was scared.

samikeyp
06-23-2005, 08:59 AM
(I live in Texas, BTW)

Then get outta West Texas! :)

enzogiovanni
06-23-2005, 05:28 PM
enzogiovanni:
I've got a bone ot pick about this
"but a LOT of arrogance (especially after 2:0)"

please show me some clips, interviews or quotes where the Spurs were arrogant (and or cocky - my word) when they were up 2-0.
??????
Spurs fans can get pretty arrogant, especially in here. But I don't remeber any actions that translate into arrogance from the Spurs players or organization.
If anythign I do remeber them giving lots of props to Detroit, reminding us that Detroit was a great team, that the series was not over yet and they needed to be carefull casue Det can/ most likely would fight back hard.
They did say they needed to win games in Detroit and were planning to.
But that is not arrogance, thats commom sense - they are tryign to wi nthe finals so the whole point is to win as many games as you can - not give them away.

So please enlighten me.
talking about the fans, although Ginobili was arrogant too. The guy shoots 90% from the field and makes comments like: "Just an ordinary day at the office".
Ginobili can be a moron sometimes.

Experiment2100
06-23-2005, 05:32 PM
you know... cause europeans are into that.

I think that the Europeans would not be good cohorts with Pistons fans, there would be strond disagreements on what to throw on the court.

Experiment2100
06-23-2005, 05:33 PM
talking about the fans, although Ginobili was arrogant too. The guy shoots 90% from the field and makes comments like: "Just an ordinary day at the office".
Ginobili can be a moron sometimes.

I would like to know where you heard that.