PDA

View Full Version : The San Antonio Spurs' Legacy Is On The Line

timvp
06-22-2005, 08:07 PM
Unfair but true. Depending on if the Spurs win tomorrow, the media will either scoff at the 1999 and 2003 championships or point to them as the building blocks to a dynasty.

I'm not sure why but it's the way it's shaping up. The media is looking at this series as a litmus test. Are the Spurs for real? Did they really win two championships or were they just a stop gap between the Bulls and Lakers dynasties and the Lakers and Pistons dynasties? Those two questions will be answered tomorrow.

Do you think the Spurs are being judged fairly? Is Game 7 really the defining game in Spurs history?

Discuss.

2centsworth
06-22-2005, 08:10 PM
they won't scoff at the championships, they will just think that the spurs are a pretty good team instead of a great team. Also, you will hear the word heartless come up a lot more.

Nikos
06-22-2005, 08:11 PM
If they lose, then the franchise will be scarred until they win another title. Just the way it is. This would be a choke job much like 2001 and 2004. To choke again would be a third time in the Pop and Duncan legacy they lose badly or choked to a likely inferior team.

It sucks, but thats the way it is.

They have to win tommrow to avoid embarrasment.

T Park
06-22-2005, 08:11 PM
the Soft word will be flopped back onto the team.

But i dont think the integrity of those two rings will be brought up.

50 cent
06-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Perception is reality and unfortunately what you just said appears to be the case.

We just gotta go win!

The Mask
06-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Unfair but true. Depending on if the Spurs win tomorrow, the media will either scoff at the 1999 and 2003 championships or point to them as the building blocks to a dynasty.

I'm not sure why but it's the way it's shaping up. The media is looking at this series as a litmus test. Are the Spurs for real? Did they really win two championships or were they just a stop gap between the Bulls and Lakers dynasties and the Lakers and Pistons dynasties? Those two questions will be answered tomorrow.

Do you think the Spurs are being judged fairly? Is Game 7 really the defining game in Spurs history?

Discuss.

It is the way it should be. Apart from the Horry miracle shot the series should be over. Up 2-0 on LA lost, up 2-0 on Det, but have a chance to redeem themselves. Not only would they blow a 2-0 lead but lose two at home in games 6&7, which no team has ever done.

2centsworth
06-22-2005, 08:13 PM
Tim's legacy is on the line more than the spurs.

Manu20
06-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Tim's legacy is on the line more than the spurs.
Agreed.

With that said I think Tim will dominate game 7 and shut the haters!

1Parker1
06-22-2005, 08:16 PM
they won't scoff at the championships, they will just think that the spurs are a pretty good team instead of a great team. Also, you will hear the word heartless come up a lot more.

Exactly. They may point out that those championships were won due to David Robinson. They may say from now on that while Spurs are contenders they are beatable as evidenced by what the Lakers and Pistons did.

Question that I want to raise:

Last season, after Spurs lost 4 straight due to their inability to hit a shot, the Spurs org went out and brought Brent Barry to the team to make us more diverse offensively.

This season, should the Spurs lose, what improvements do you all think should be made? I think it's a tough call because on paper it seems like the Spurs have a great team, many of their problems are mental and about them not playing to their full potential.

jalbre6
06-22-2005, 08:24 PM

Discuss.

You folks can shoot me later for this, but yes, it is the defining moment in team history.

With a loss, national media will look at the '99 and '03 titles as bookends of the Lakers dynasty and the Pistons re-emergence. The '99 title is already tainted by the shortened season, the Knicks being the 8th seed that year, and the Bulls breakup. I don't know how 2003 could be more legit, with wins over 3-time defending champ LA, Phoenix, and Dallas, but the Nets were looked at as cannon fodder.

In a lot of people's minds the Spurs have never really had to beat a true champion to be champs. If Detroit wins, SA will be the only team not to repeat since 1986, and they've failed to accomplish that twice. There's players in the league right now that weren't alive then.

If the Spurs win this, they will join a pretty exclusive club with three or more titles. Lakers. Celtics. Bulls. Pistons. That's it. And becoming the first ABA team to win three before any other one has won an NBA title at all would be icing on the cake.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-22-2005, 08:24 PM
This season, should the Spurs lose, what improvements do you all think should be made?

Hire someone who knows their way around an offensive playbook as an assistant.

Quit taking days off before your biggest game of the year.

-----------

Back to tomorrow - yep, this is the defining moment of this franchise to date. IT's also the defining moment for both Tim and Pop.

This is their team through and through, it's time to step up and show you want it.

Solid D
06-22-2005, 08:25 PM
No.

I do see Tim Duncan taking flack. The wilting dominant player. The best PF in the game who also gripped under pressure. The same type of effect David Robinson's playoff record had on the minds of the naysayers until "Tim Duncan arrived" and helped him win a championship...something he couldn't do without Tim Duncan.

In today's sports-crazed, sports-talk society it's either Yes or No, Black or White, Weak or Strong, soft or tough, winner or loser, wins all glory or lost all respect...no in between....

Until the next thing happens to distract them.

The Spurs have won more championships than 90% of the teams in the NBA. A third championship makes them a three-time winner but there will always be another attention-getter around the corner. What have you done for me lately?

We love our Spurs, win or lose we love them...but if it's up to us as fans to provide the extra edge to WIN, then let's do this with all our guts!!!

I know I'll be on the floor diving for every loose ball and screaming at every Piston as they go by "miss it", "psyche!!!", and "look out for the bicycle" when they are near the sideline.

Let's do this!

Nikos
06-22-2005, 08:27 PM
This season, should the Spurs lose, what improvements do you all think should be made? I think it's a tough call because on paper it seems like the Spurs have a great team, many of their problems are mental and about them not playing to their full potential.

That is the scary thing about this franchise right now.

They have had championship quality teams 2-3 times 01,04, and 05, and this might be the third time they choke. To lose now would stain Duncan's legacy AND just might mentally STAIN the entire team/franchise.

What can you do if that happens?

nkdlunch
06-22-2005, 08:28 PM
Nobody can take away our championships. Especially since we've dominated the league for years. But, the word dynasty will not be used to describe our team if we lose.

if we win, it most definitely will.

WOW, tomorrows game is HUGE!!!

boutons
06-22-2005, 08:33 PM
99 had the lockout-shortened season qualification.

03 had a weak EC repeat Finalist, that got swept the 4-0 in 02 Finals.

04 saw the best-season-record Spurs collapse at 2-0 for a historic "backdoor" sweep vs Lakers.

05 sees the Spurs collapse at 2-0 for a second consectutive "backdoor" sweep, including 2 embarrassing blowouts, by the Pistons ... except for Robert's Big Shot. 05 also sees the Spurs set a record for biggest NBA Finals loss ever.

In the above context, being the first NBA Finalist to drop both Games6 and 7 @home (after holding by far the NBA-best home season record) would really tatoo the Spurs as a "Top2 or Top3 team and organization that wasn't tough enough to win it all, as well as confirming doubts and qualifications about 99 and 03.

OTOH, the Spurs winning a Game7 over a very tough, defending-Champion Pistons team would go a long way towards solidfying the Spurs role as the best in the NBA, and push further into the background any qualifcations about 99 and 03 Titles.

T Park
06-22-2005, 08:35 PM
Hire someone who knows their way around an offensive playbook as an assistant

you think the offense is the only problem weve had

Marklar MM
06-22-2005, 08:39 PM
I say you need to get a bruiser like Charles Oakley. Just one bad mofo. Knock people around...make them fear coming into the lane. That will help your team tremendously.

N.Y. Johnny
06-22-2005, 08:40 PM

Discuss.

Its what i"ve been thinking ever since this series began with Detroit, The Defending Champion.....what you have is both teams Legacies are in the balance for Game 7.

If the Spurs win then they'll be one of the ELITE Franchises in NBA History winning 3 Championships, 2 in the Last 3 years and 3 in the past 7 Years. A win would cement the franchise as a great team and one to be dealt with in years to come and the Dynasty talk will begin.

If they lose then its trivial because that 2003 Title becomes a small hiccup sandwiched in between the Laker Reign and 3 peat from 2000-2002 and then the PISTONS back to back in 2004 and 2005.

The pistons win they'll accomplish something great and noteworthy of going Back To Back, something I fucking wish we could have done in 2004...going back to back in 2004 would have been great for this team, but it just wasn't goin to be.

The Pistons are goin to be affected also, if they Lose this series then they had just that 1 great Season in 2004 in between the Spurs and Laker reigns as NBA Kings.

Regardless the San Antonio Spurs legacy is on the line tommorow night, History will be written, and Game 7 tips off with a chance for immortality for one of these great franchises.

jalbre6
06-22-2005, 08:43 PM
I say you need to get a bruiser like Charles Oakley. Just one bad mofo. Knock people around...make them fear coming into the lane. That will help your team tremendously.
Agreed. Matter of fact, that was our favorite off-season topic in 2004. If the Spurs had Ben Wallace, they'd break Chicago's 72 win record.*

*and if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

boutons
06-22-2005, 08:44 PM
"you think the offense is the only problem weve had"

The Spurs shot 35% in the second half of Game6. I'd call that offensive collapse the PRIMARY problem for the Spurs in Game6. Poor offense was also the main cause of most of the 4-game sweep by the May 04 Lakers.

Think about it: had Spurs offense reacted and held against the May 04 Lakers and then had not disappeared in the Finals elmiination game last night, we'd all be STILL dancing the streets right now with a 3-peat.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-22-2005, 08:49 PM
Tpark - the team with the better FG% has won every game in this series :spin

I trust Pop to run the ship defensively. Offensively I think we've seen all you're going to get out of that stubborn head of his, time to find another brain to pick.

HB22inSA
06-22-2005, 08:49 PM
I just don't understand this "Legacy" and "Dynasty" talk.

Until the Spurs can win back-to-back Titles, or something similiar to that, they'll just be considered what they've always been, a great regular season team that makes the playoffs every year.

Dynasties are reserved for teams that put together 3 in a row, or 3 out of 4.

They are way too inconsistent to be considered a dynasty, or to have some false legacy tarnished.

Let's be realistic about it.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-22-2005, 08:56 PM
i think its the biggest most defining game in the franchise's history. if anything tommorow's game will tell me if spurs only won in 1999 and 2003 b/c the competition was that weak as oppose to those teams being that good. Because i think this is the first real team SA is playing in the playoffs of a championship run. the nets and knicks were a joke, the lakers were either injured or not come into full bloom yet, and i dont know how well the 99 and 03 spurs would stack up with other champions. yes coming from a spurs fan, you may want to kill me, but enough is enough, its INEXCUSABLE to drop game 6 especially all the "we will treat it like a game 7" talk prior to the game. bill simmons said it best in today's article....

"Think about it. The Spurs just lost three of the past four games (completely inexcusable under any circumstances), were blown out four times this spring (once against Denver, once against Seattle, twice against Detroit) and failed to finish off a team just 48 hours removed from one of most crushing losses in the history of the league (and at home, no less). Would the '86 Celtics have lost Game 6 at home last night? What about the '92 Bulls? Or the '82 Lakers? Come on. Any team worth its salt takes care of business last night. If the Spurs prevail Thursday, they're still the flimsiest champ since the '94 Rockets. I take back every nice thing I ever said about them.

(Note: I would have gone with the '99 Spurs over the '94 Rockets if that '99 season ever happened. When NBA TV finally puts me in charge of its network, my first move will be to switch Rick Kamia to decaf. My second move will be to ban all WNBA scores and updates from the scrolling ticker. My third move will be to purchase "The White Shadow" rights and run "Shadow" doubleheaders on Tuesday nights. My fourth move will be "H-O-R-S-E Me Baby One More Time," where failed lottery picks play games of H-O-R-S-E for $25,000. And my fifth move would be to destroy all footage from the 1999 season. I'm revealing moves 6 through 500 when I get the job. Until then …)"

.....and the biggest reason we won game 6 against the nets of '03 was yes, credited to some clutch play from Kerr and Jackson, but duncan had arguably the best night of his career that night with a near quadruple double. his numbers this series are just average of what he did over the season. yes his rebounding has improved but for SA to win, everyone and especially Tim, need to greatly increase their averages to put the spurs over the top. this is the finals not the regular season, and even though we made it to the finals, to drop 2 at home especially after having a 2-0 lead is a choke job if i ever saw one. i wanna see hunger in this team, i wanna see Killer instinct. i have a HORRIBLE feeling about tommorow especially with SA"s lack of game 7 experience. the spurs have had the BEST record in ALL MAJOR SPORTS since 1997 with a .702 winning percentage yet if we told someone that fact and then told them that in the last 8 years the team has only won two championships they'd probably look at you funny. so yes, game 7 will determine not just tim duncan and his legacy, but the franchise's legacy as well.

Budkin
06-22-2005, 08:57 PM
Look, I want them to win as bad as anybody, but if they lose it is not going to tarnish the other titles. At least the Spurs have won a couple. Ask Barkley, Ewing, Malone, and Reggie Miller about it. I'm sure they'd say that even one ring is enough. Many players never even get this opportunity. That being said, go kick some ass tomorrow night Spurs!!!

DieMrBond
06-22-2005, 09:25 PM
Another point that would unfortunately be brought up again, is probably the West vs East argument, and which is better. If Detroit wins again, the media might say that the East has reclaimed dominance. If the West wins, vice versa.

But then again, the media already said the east had it back when shaq went east...

ALVAREZ6
06-22-2005, 09:45 PM
Fuck the media, they can suck my cock, who gives a fuck about what they have to say.

FreshPrince22
06-22-2005, 09:58 PM
Wow, you guys take 1 game way too hard. I don't care what any media-hype machine says after this game, both teams are great. Losing 1 game does not make a Great team crap all of a sudden. You have to have some luck on your side when it comes down to a 7th game. Because, generally, when there is a 7th game the teams are very evenly matched, and I feel that is the case here. If my team loses I will still look back on this being a great season watching a great team. I would expect you guys to do the same. I don't see why you guys are talking about "What changes do we make if we lose game 7?" You're in game 7 of the Finals clearly you've got a great team as it is! I would imagine any changes would be minor. Plus you have to figure that Parker and Ginobili are only going to improve, so that already makes your team better than it is this year.
________
Ocean View Condo (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

spurster
06-22-2005, 10:02 PM
Even if the Spurs lose, they still have won two more titles than great players such as Malone, Stockton, Barkley, Reggie, and Ewing. Two more titles than most other NBA teams.

Solid D
06-22-2005, 10:06 PM
Bring it!!!

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/PNA12606020359.jpeg

Solid D
06-22-2005, 10:08 PM
Pump it up!!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2005/06/10/PH2005061000066.jpg

AI-square
06-22-2005, 10:09 PM
Lighten up, guys. Whether the Spurs win or lose Game 7 will not change the fact that they have been a very strong team this year and they have won two NBA titles in recent history (who'd bet against more to come?).

Game 7 should be a heck of a game, so just support your Spurs.

Solid D
06-22-2005, 10:10 PM
Confident leadership!!!

http://sportsillustrated.netscape.cnn.com/fotosrch/3/20050619DTP131.jpg

Solid D
06-22-2005, 10:14 PM
It's not a loose ball...it's your ball Tim!!!

http://sportsillustrated.netscape.cnn.com/fotosrch/3/20050619DTP118.jpg

Solid D
06-22-2005, 10:17 PM
NOT IN OUR HOUSE!!!

http://sportsillustrated.netscape.cnn.com/fotosrch/3/20050619AUB15D.jpg

bonesinaz
06-22-2005, 10:20 PM
History will focus on the championships the Spurs won.

The focus of the media will be on the winner of this finals, it always is. Next year there will be a clean slate. And that is the great thing about basketball. For the winners there is glory and a chance at more titles, for the losers there is always 'next year'.

The sole purpose of the sports writers/pundits is to get readers/listeners/viewers. They will say or write just about anything to this end. To illustrate this I will remind everyone here that during this series ABC had a pop up on the screen when TD was shooting FTs. It stated that TD is afraid of sharks. It had to be one of the most idiotic things I had seen in all my 35+ years of watching Bball. Now I know that ABC is trying to let the kiddies get to know the players, but come on.

Who isn't afraid of sharks??

caspian
It is the way it should be. Apart from the Horry miracle shot the series should be over. Up 2-0 on LA lost, up 2-0 on Det, but have a chance to redeem themselves. Not only would they blow a 2-0 lead but lose two at home in games 6&7, which no team has ever done.

"Miracle shot"?...he's been doing that forever. And the Spurs wanted him on the team for that very reason...cuz he's good at that! His amazing shot isn't any more lucky than any of the Piston's amazing shots in G5 or G6.

It's like me saying "if it weren't for the Pistons talent, the series would be over right now." Good grief...

Solid D
Unleash the Fury!!!

http://sportsillustrated.netscape.cnn.com/fotosrch/3/20050619DTP106.jpg

bonesinaz
06-22-2005, 10:27 PM
No.

I do see Tim Duncan taking flack. The wilting dominant player. The best PF in the game who also gripped under pressure. The same type of effect David Robinson's playoff record had on the minds of the naysayers until "Tim Duncan arrived" and helped him win a championship...something he couldn't do without Tim Duncan.

In today's sports-crazed, sports-talk society it's either Yes or No, Black or White, Weak or Strong, soft or tough, winner or loser, wins all glory or lost all respect...no in between....

Until the next thing happens to distract them.

The Spurs have won more championships than 90% of the teams in the NBA. A third championship makes them a three-time winner but there will always be another attention-getter around the corner. What have you done for me lately?

We love our Spurs, win or lose we love them...but if it's up to us as fans to provide the extra edge to WIN, then let's do this with all our guts!!!

I know I'll be on the floor diving for every loose ball and screaming at every Piston as they go by "miss it", "psyche!!!", and "look out for the bicycle" when they are near the sideline.

Let's do this!

Solid-
I just read this, great post and I agree.

MannyIsGod
06-22-2005, 10:27 PM
Will it help define the legacy of this team? Absolutely!

But think about it for one second. What playoff series doesn't? Champions are champions because they are able to overcome everything to achieve the title of the best team. If the Spurs can't win tomorrow they don't deserve that title and thats about as black and white as it comes.

There is nothing to be said about the Spurs being judged unfairly. If they cannot win, they don't deserve to be considred anything other than bookends for the Bulls, Lakers and Detroit dominance. Of course to fans merely expect perfection for their team, that is unfathomable and unfair. Yet, when put into persepctive that is far greater than what most of the teams in the NBA have ever achieve or ever will. Our Spurs team is one hell of a team, and regardless of a win or a loss tomorrow that is something that will stand as is.

One thing that bothers me is what people like Nikos are saying. Detroit is NOT an inferior team. There is a reason this series has gone 7 games and it is not due to Detroit getting lucky or an inability of the Spurs to do what they want to do. Detroit has a lot to do with the difficulties the Spurs have faced and this is by far the best team the Spurs have ever faced in the finals. They truely are a champion. I realize that Spurs fans expect great things from their team, but you must give credit to the concept Detroit employes and the execution they bring to each and every game.

Tomorrow is defining, no doubt. I am incredibly eager to see whether or not our Spurs can step up to the task. Will Duncan be one of the best ever? Can Manu continue his olympic success in the Finals? Or is Detroit really a better team?

The best team wins a seven game series, and this is an example of a great matchup needing every last second to decide who the best team is.

atlfan25
06-22-2005, 10:28 PM
I feel confident the Spurs will show their true colors tomorrow, that they are champions. Spurs ARE THE BEST TEAM IN BASKETBALL, and all will see that shown tomorrow. Believe dat.:smokin

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Will it help define the legacy of this team? Absolutely!

But think about it for one second. What playoff series doesn't? Champions are champions because they are able to overcome everything to achieve the title of the best team. If the Spurs can't win tomorrow they don't deserve that title and thats about as black and white as it comes.

There is nothing to be said about the Spurs being judged unfairly. If they cannot win, they don't deserve to be considred anything other than bookends for the Bulls, Lakers and Detroit dominance. Of course to fans merely expect perfection for their team, that is unfathomable and unfair. Yet, when put into persepctive that is far greater than what most of the teams in the NBA have ever achieve or ever will. Our Spurs team is one hell of a team, and regardless of a win or a loss tomorrow that is something that will stand as is.

One thing that bothers me is what people like Nikos are saying. Detroit is NOT an inferior team. There is a reason this series has gone 7 games and it is not due to Detroit getting lucky or an inability of the Spurs to do what they want to do. Detroit has a lot to do with the difficulties the Spurs have faced and this is by far the best team the Spurs have ever faced in the finals. They truely are a champion. I realize that Spurs fans expect great things from their team, but you must give credit to the concept Detroit employes and the execution they bring to each and every game.

Tomorrow is defining, no doubt. I am incredibly eager to see whether or not our Spurs can step up to the task. Will Duncan be one of the best ever? Can Manu continue his olympic success in the Finals? Or is Detroit really a better team?

The best team wins a seven game series, and this is an example of a great matchup needing every last second to decide who the best team is.

Solid post. There is no doubt the better team always wins in a seven game series. If the Pistons lose, how long do you think we'll be haunted by the Horry 3?

Solid D
06-22-2005, 10:35 PM
No Doubt!!!

http://www.bballone.com/timd/spurs/images/spurs37.jpg

phyzeeks
06-22-2005, 10:39 PM
Hello Spurs FANS:

Legacy is such a strong word but appropriate. Win and be labeled great lose and be labeled good but underachieving. If Detroit wins, it won't be because the Spurs totally choked. It will be because the Pistons will have put the greatest 6 game finals stretch of games ever seen. Partially accredited to Coach Brown and and the rest towards the team believing in him and each other.

I hate to say this about a Spurs loss, but I really think we are not going to see the Spurs in the Finals again for some time. All of Tims injuries are starting to mount just like they did for David. He has no lift and no strength to take on the younger stars. Amare proved that. This is his last moment of Fame.

Detroit can lose this game and say we will be back next year but the Spurs lose this game and they will be the first to lose after going up 2-0 and the first to lose 2 at home, the last two. I'm sorry, but their heart would be in question by the national media and sports fans, and that GOES FOR POP TOO!

WIN AND THE SPURS ARE ONE OF THE GREATS! But i hope they go out and play to win 1 basketball game, not to be great in the eyes of the NBA or the nation. They are professional and they know how to play. I sure hope and I do believe they will win 1 basketball game Thursday and bring home a trophy.

Spurs 95 Pistons 94
Duncan - 30
Parker - 20
Manu - 20
5 Downtown missles
10 points from all other Spurs,
7 or fewer turnovers,
and all the heart in the world.

Win one for Malik, he played a huge part in getting the home court advantage. The spurs played best with him earlier this season, lest we forget.

ducks
06-22-2005, 10:40 PM
Solid D You Need To Start A No Limit Rally Thread!

Phenomanul
06-22-2005, 11:02 PM
Can David Robinson play for one last stand????

blaze89
06-23-2005, 12:00 AM
1999 should have eliminated the soft label, but a 2001 sweep in the Conference Finals, somehow brought it back. It took 4 years, since the first title, to erase the asterisk* talk but it took a 4 game losing streak in the following season, in the playoffs no less, to question the Spurs mental toughness.

This game 7 win will mean more than just a championship for either team, it will establish a strong reputation. For the Pistons, I'm certain they will be regarded as one of the best teams in the new decade, definitely the most resilient and mentally tough team. A Spurs victory will bring 3 titles in 7 years.

A Pistons loss will probably do nothing, they really have nothing to lose, except a championship but will probably gain loads of respect. A Spurs loss and this team will be remembered in history as "the first" and more questons about their mental toughness.

Just my opinion though.

Nikos
06-23-2005, 02:19 AM

Your entitled to your opinion, but I see it all over other message boards by knowledgeble posters who feel the Spurs are SUPPOSED to win this series, but due to being mentally fragile may not.

Let's be serious now. The 82 games in the regular season do mean something. The Pistons did OK in the East, and the Spurs did pretty well this season given Duncan being out 16 games. The Spurs ranked much superior to the Pistons on offense, and were even ranked higher statistically on defense. The Spurs have a player in Duncan who is much better than Ben, Sheed, Billups or whoever the Pistons have ever had in their entire franchise history, let alone now. And yet Duncan still isn't making the impact he should.

You can chose to say Detroit is the better team, but I will only agree with that from a mental standpoint. There is no way a team like the Spurs who have arguably the best player in the game, and a team that has won nearly 60 games in a tough conference should be giving up another 2-0 lead in the playoffs, where historically teams just do not do that.

The Spurs have been notably mentally weak in 2001 and 2004. Time will tell if these Spurs are different. But I just happen to think Detroit is overrated when you factor what they have done this entire season 100 games+.

Even if Detroit wins it I will feel the same way. Giving up a 2-0 lead for 2 straight years is flat out choking regardless of the quality of opponent.

Spurs need to win this Game 7 to avoid embrassment and a putting a severe stain on the franchise. And to validate what they have been doing all season, playing good ball on BOTH sides of the court.

Solid D
06-24-2005, 12:21 AM
No Doubt!!!

http://www.bballone.com/timd/spurs/images/spurs37.jpg

No Doubt...."Spurs in 7".

:smokin

Spurminator
06-24-2005, 12:30 AM
Whew... We barely avoided the wrath of sports media hacks. Now I can sleep.

Fuck 'em.

Solid D
06-24-2005, 12:40 AM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/basketball/nba/specials/playoffs/2005/06/24/spurs.ginobili.ap/p1.manu.ginobili.ap.jpg

Before or After, Legacy is simple. Unselfish, Teamwork, Defense, Winners!!!