PDA

View Full Version : OKC's shot selection..

HarlemHeat37
05-16-2012, 10:59 PM
Is it the worst shot selection from any contending team in recent NBA history, tbh?..

Westbrook, Harden and Durant are chucking terrible shots..the only organized offense they have had is going to Ibaka for baseline jump shots..

I can't remember a team with worse shot selection, tbh..

san antonio spurs
05-16-2012, 11:02 PM
That's on Brooks tbh...
No adjustments whatsoever... no set plays to get them an easy basket...they rely so much on their ISO plays

HarlemHeat37
05-16-2012, 11:03 PM
Brooks is a terrible coach, I've been saying that since OKC's series vs. LA, 2 years ago..

In that series, OKC had a legit shot of beating LA in the 1st round, but Brooks constantly held them back with his poor decisions, tbh..

san antonio spurs
05-16-2012, 11:09 PM
I'm pretty sure if they were better coached they would have smarter shot selection...

Sense
05-16-2012, 11:31 PM
Brooks is overrated as hell.

Latarian Milton
05-17-2012, 07:02 AM
durant should be their #1 option which's a nobrainer, westbrick & beard just bring changes to their games but they ain't no such guys who you can expect stable outputs from. they're all decent players, the problem is they think they are all the same caliber as durant when they ain't even nearly as good

DMC
05-17-2012, 08:47 AM
I do recall saying "really? Ibaka from the corner is your best option with Durant, Westbrook and Harden on the floor? Really?", then Harden turned the ball over 2 or 3 times in a row and KD bricked a few shots, and I digressed.

cheguevara
05-17-2012, 09:03 AM
not their shot selection. their half court offense is what is beyond pathetic.

Pop should have a field day with that. too bad the lakers have potato head :lol

hater
05-17-2012, 09:13 AM
We were just toying with them bitches last nite.

niggas get bored you know

ambchang
05-17-2012, 09:24 AM
To be fair, the Lakers adjusted well and defended the mid-range jump shot quite well last night. Those open 15 footers after pick and rolls were all gone in Game 2, and the Lakers collapsed the paint when OKC drove, created turnovers and tough, challenged shots.

Good defensive game by the Lakers, but their offense really stunk. This pass to Kobe, let him dribble forever and chuck a bad shot offense is getting old. Feed the ball to Gasol in the high post, Kobe cut to the basket, have Gasol/Bynum run a high PnR, set cross screens for Bynum for low post position for a feed, kick back for 3 pointers are all better options.

The Lakers have the personnel on offense, only if Brown/Kobe let it happen.

in2deep
05-17-2012, 09:35 AM
actually don't know if I agree.

lakers missed so many open shots. Blake, Barnes, Peace. Had they been solid Lakers could have won by double digits.

I don't think lakers have the personnel to compliment Kobe/bigs