PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Detroit Pistons. NBA refs, take note

milkyway21
06-22-2005, 08:16 PM
to the Pistons, particularly Tayshaun Prince. if you win, so be it. But just don't do this "kind of play" again :nope. not in our house......

Prince looks like the dunk king but hey take a closer look.........
http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/basketball/nba/img8585248.jpg
Tayshaun Prince completes a tough trick: jamming while grabbing Tim Duncan's head.

Tim it's about time you complain to the refs about how dirty these thugs play on you. That was obviously a dirty trick....and Prince got away with it.

to the refs.....pls. take note. the NBA finals is ruined. and the people are becoming frustrated, if not furious.

Marklar MM
06-22-2005, 08:19 PM
sure

Spurz Girlz
06-22-2005, 08:20 PM
Well done. I agree 100 percent!

GO SPURS GO!!!

geerussell
06-22-2005, 08:22 PM
That's hilarious. You're suggesting that a 6'11, 260lb Tim Duncan let a 6'9 215lb Tayshaun Prince go "thug" on him. Now don't get me wrong, I can understand how Prince's intimidating physical presence could give people the wrong idea...

:eyebrows :makemyday :lmao

milkyway21
06-22-2005, 08:23 PM
surethank you Detroit fan. now go tell that to the Prince of your Palace............Quick!

LilMissSPURfect
06-22-2005, 08:26 PM
i think that was the only play where u didn't hear any whining........

milkyway21
06-22-2005, 08:26 PM
That's hilarious. You're suggesting that a 6'11, 260lb Tim Duncan let a 6'9 215lb Tayshaun Prince go "thug" on him. Now don't get me wrong, I can understand how Prince's intimidating physical presence could give people the wrong idea...

"thugs" are not meant for Prince alone.

and BTW, Prince in NOT an "intimidating presence"
for me he is OVERRATED........:lmao

PistonsFan
06-22-2005, 08:27 PM
Lmao. How do you know he's actually grabbing? It looks like touching to me. Prince is way smaller built than Duncan anyway. Get over it.

Marklar MM
06-22-2005, 08:28 PM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/basketball/nba/img8585085.jpg

Dirty trick...indeed. Swiping Hamiltons face, and no foul called.

DETROITpistons
06-22-2005, 08:29 PM
Lmao. How do you know he's actually grabbing? It looks like touching to me. Prince is way smaller built than Duncan anyway. Get over it.

Exactly.

DETROITpistons
06-22-2005, 08:29 PM

Yupp. I was just about to post this.

LADYSHEED09
06-22-2005, 08:33 PM

you better be lucky that ya boy parker didnt get slapped cuz bruce was bout to get it in game 5 :lol :flipoff

Marklar MM
06-22-2005, 08:35 PM
Not to be rude or insensitive, but Manu's face and hair in this photo make him look funny.

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/SAA109062122_lower.jpg

ForestBrain
06-22-2005, 08:36 PM
Maybe it's just where his hand went. Doesn't exactly look like Tim's head is being moved or anything.

LADYSHEED09
06-22-2005, 08:37 PM
its going to be a blow out
watch out spurs fans
this is going to be sad
the pistons celebrating on yo court
awwwwwwwww
SIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

modeleste
06-22-2005, 08:38 PM
to the Pistons, particularly Tayshaun Prince. if you win, so be it. But just don't do this "kind of play" again :nope. not in our house......

Tayshaun Prince completes a tough trick: jamming while grabbing Tim Duncan's head.

So Tay is fond of Tim. Who wouldn't be? I'd hold Tim's head if he was feeling poorly

milkyway21
06-22-2005, 08:40 PM
hey that "dirty trick" idea did not come from me.
check this out......
http://www.sportsline.com/nba/recap/NBA_20050621_DET@SA

and I BELIEVE HIM.

look at it, you blind........:cuss

BTW, yeah showing that Rip picture. it' was unintentional. it was replayed over and over again.

but what can you expect from Rip? [he not just the most overdressed player on the court(mask w/ a headband?yukks :vomit), he was a good actor too! :lol

Marklar MM
06-22-2005, 08:42 PM
right. All he says is "Tayshaun Prince completes a tough trick: jamming while grabbing Tim Duncan's head". He does not call it dirty.

"and Hamilton was not affected by the tight defense of Bruce Bowen -- even after Bowen swiped Hamilton's mask off his face in the fourth quarter."

Marklar MM
06-22-2005, 08:44 PM
By your logic, I say Tayshauns hand on Duncans head was body contact initiated by Duncan, and Bowen tried to poke Hamilton's eye out.

SoundTheToll
06-22-2005, 08:47 PM
I have that Bowen swipe on TiVo. Whether he meant to smack Rip in the face or not, it was still a dirty play. It took two swipes AFTER the whistle before he raked Rip and decided to stop.

milkyway21
06-22-2005, 08:48 PM
Not to be rude or insensitive, but Manu's face and hair in this photo make him look funny.
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/SAA109062122_lower.jpgdon't MOCK the faces of the Spurs' players...don't you ever try

because reality is, they're even BETTER LOOKING than your Detroit Pistons.....okay?

stick to the topic.

SoundTheToll
06-22-2005, 08:49 PM
PS: I checked out the article. There's something called sarcasm, which is obviously being used.

Why am I contrbuting to this stupid thread? :shootme

jochhejaam
06-22-2005, 08:50 PM

Tim it's about time you complain to the refs about how dirty these thugs play on you. That was obviously a dirty trick....and Prince got away with it.

to the refs.....pls. take note. the NBA finals is ruined. and the people are becoming frustrated, if not furious.

:cry :baby

that's called adding insult to injury my boy!! :lol

A real gentleman that tayshaun, consoling duncan a split second after he dunked! :elephant

Ocotillo
06-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Likely Duncan did not complain about Prince's hand because he didn't even notice the lightweight's hand was on him. Skeletor does not intimidate.

jochhejaam
06-22-2005, 08:53 PM

I love it, a Spurs posting a picture of his own team being humiliated!! :lol

:owned :lol :elephant :elephant :lol

bdubya
06-22-2005, 08:56 PM
I thought that was a pretty lousy move on Bowen's part, but read this in the DetNews today (disclaimer: it was written by Chris McCoskey, so it could be completely 100% wrong)

"SAN ANTONIO -- Richard Hamilton had had enough.

With all three referees looking the other way, Hamilton smacked his defensive nemesis, Bruce Bowen, in the back of the head in the second quarter Tuesday.

Bowen went straight to the referees to complain, but it was no use.

"I just told the ref that I'm not going to be somebody's cheap-shot dummy," Hamilton said after scoring 23 points in the Pistons' 95-86 victory in Game 6. "I am not going to be out there just letting somebody hit me. You make one call one time and it doesn't allow a player to do that."

Bowen got even, though. He smacked the mask off Hamilton's face in the fourth quarter. Again, no official witnessed it. "

http://www.detnews.com/2005/pistons/0506/22/E02-224246.htm

milkyway21
06-22-2005, 09:00 PM
By your logic, I say Tayshauns hand on Duncans head was body contact initiated by Duncan, and Bowen tried to poke Hamilton's eye out.:huh

are you telling me that it was Duncan's fault why Prince made a move like that? :lmao

and;

Bowen true intentions on Rip was really to had him-poke his eyes out? :lmao

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marklar MM
06-22-2005, 09:03 PM
Per usual, a Spurs fan(Not all) sees an incident through blinders.

Marklar MM
06-22-2005, 09:06 PM
Oh, this is definitely one of the dirtiest plays ever.

http://www.thefilebucket.com/userfiles/salmonela/bowen_szczerbiak.gif Look, Bowen commits this dirty play also.

Can't guard him, so break his jaw.

milkyway21
06-22-2005, 09:09 PM
Per usual, a Spurs fan(Not all) sees an incident through blinders.Blind or not........just a warning sign..........

just like how Coach Brown reacted after the Pistons lost to coach Carlisle in a game in the Semi-finals-COMPLAINING OVER A PLAY WHEN HE HAD NO VALID REASON TO DO SO....

A concerned fan+Coach Brown=BLIND

Marklar MM
06-22-2005, 09:11 PM
Ya...that makes two of us then.

modeleste
06-22-2005, 09:17 PM
right. "Tayshaun Prince completes a tough trick: jamming while grabbing Tim Duncan's head". r."

So Rip rubs Tim's head? Is this not kind?

My heart is warmed.

jdelar03
06-22-2005, 09:23 PM
Wow Bowen can jump. I have to say I am impressed. Oh yeah and what dirty play on Bowen I don't see it. Everyone needs to stop crying about who is being dirty, this is playoff finals and they will and should be allowed to be more physical. The Spurs need to step it up and play hard physical D and just like they have been getting put on their butts going to the hole. They need to do they same to these guys when they come near our basket. Stop being nice, polite and sweet and play hard physical ball.

ABDENOUR POWER
06-22-2005, 09:25 PM

http://www.thefilebucket.com/userfiles/salmonela/bowen_szczerbiak.gif Look, Bowen commits this dirty play also.

Can't guard him, so break his jaw.

LOL that play cracks me up every time. Bowen is an EXCELLENT defender, but he definately does some plays that could be classified as dirty. How many of them are intentional, though is hard to tell. I think most of them can just be attributed to the tough, physical style of defense he plays. (similar to the style Detroit uses)

Marklar MM
Oh yeah and what dirty play on Bowen I don't see it.

Oh, well, we were comparing plays, and I was stating that Bowen's trick was dirtier than Tayshauns head rub.

modeleste
PRINCE:
"Dunkan is a nice guy and one of the all-time greats. So yea, when I get him in a clinch I fuzz him up. He has funny hair"

milkyway21
06-22-2005, 09:27 PM
Likely Duncan did not complain about Prince's hand because he didn't even notice the lightweight's hand was on him. Skeletor does not intimidate.:lmao :lmao :lmao

modeleste
06-22-2005, 09:29 PM
LOL that play cracks me up every time. Bowen is an EXCELLENT defender, but he definately does some plays that could be classified as dirty. How many of them are intentional, though is hard to tell. I think most of them can just be attributed to the tough, physical style of defense he plays. (similar to the style Detroit uses)

I'm confused: Is this nice??

Brutalis
06-22-2005, 09:29 PM
Prince is 215lbs?

Bullshit. He isnt a buck over 180.

ABDENOUR POWER
06-22-2005, 09:32 PM

Is what nice...what I'm saying?

td4mvp21
06-22-2005, 09:33 PM
Refs have pretty much favored the Spurs at home, for a few moments Detroit. They aren't gonna call some ticky tack thing like that. So what he had his hand behind TD's head, I can think of a lot of times when TD has hacked the Pistons and got away with it. (I don't mind that part :-) )

Alchal
06-22-2005, 09:33 PM
Prince is scrawny.

ABDENOUR POWER
06-22-2005, 09:35 PM
Prince is scrawny.

But people who lift weights with him say he is stronger than you would think.

milkyway21
06-22-2005, 09:36 PM
PRINCE:
"Dunkan is a nice guy and one of the all-time greats. So yea, when I get him in a clinch I fuzz him up. He has funny hair"

who?

Big Ben Wallace? :fro
http://images.sportsline.com/images/basketball/nba/players/60x80/6835.jpg

yeah, that's real funny hair. the worst in the NBA. can't stand that smirk, too!

jdelar03
06-22-2005, 09:36 PM
Oh, well, we were comparing plays, and I was stating that Bowen's trick was dirtier than Tayshauns head rub.
All I am saying is the elbow Parker took at the end of game five, not dirty I didn't like it but I didn't see it, get up and play hard. The swipe Bowen took on rip in game six, not dirty I didn't like it but I didn't see it, get up play hard. Playoffs is a mix of Pro ball and street ball minus the fist fights for plays like these and the million dollar contracts. Game seven is anybodies game. Spurs by 4

milkyway21
06-22-2005, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeleste

quote from abdemour power

Is what nice...what I'm saying?

:wow these two Pistons fans arguing on "something" too confusing for me:D

milkyway21
06-22-2005, 09:49 PM
i dont think prince's body weight is enough for him to support two rings---for this reason spurs win
if this not a funny post, i don't know what this is..

:lmao :lmao :lmao

jochhejaam
06-22-2005, 09:56 PM
i dont think prince's body weight is enough for him to support two rings---for this reason spurs win

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of fight in the dog!

A simultaneous dunking and mugging = a lot of fight in that dog!!

:lol :elephant :elephant :lol

bdubya
06-22-2005, 10:30 PM

http://www.thefilebucket.com/userfiles/salmonela/bowen_szczerbiak.gif

Well this is it now
here's a flyin' kick now
I fell for a pump-fake
this is how a JAW BREAKS!!

my2sons
06-22-2005, 11:37 PM
hey idiot rip had already been called before he got his phantom mask slapped....moron

SPARKY
06-22-2005, 11:41 PM
Piston Fan wasn't Piston Fan prior to June of 2004. That's what is really dirty.

my2sons
06-22-2005, 11:48 PM
piston fan won't even have the nad to post when spurs win game 7...they'll be busy rioting in the streets in protest to mean ol' bruce...while tayshaun, ben, rip and chauncey will still be yelling at the refs

PistonsFan
11-06-2005, 04:42 PM
don't MOCK the faces of the Spurs' players...don't you ever try

because reality is, they're even BETTER LOOKING than your Detroit Pistons.....okay?

stick to the topic.
nice job contradicting yourself.

jaffies
11-06-2005, 05:02 PM
06-22-2005, 08:27 PM

Position: Pass-First Guard
Team: Detroit Pistons
vBookie Cash: $500

Today, 03:42 PM

Position: Pass-First Guard
Team: Detroit Pistons
vBookie Cash: $500

nice job contradicting yourself.

best! comeback! ever!

it took you just...136 days, 19 hours, and 15 minutes.......or a total of 196,995 short minutes of reflection

slayermin
11-06-2005, 06:48 PM
^^^

:lol

Raptor fan calling out Piston fan. I love it.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-06-2005, 08:06 PM
So who ended up winning that series?

theMUHMEshow
11-06-2005, 08:47 PM
So who ended up winning that series?

Spurs won in seven... It should have been all over the news in Texas. I am suprised you missed it?

Leetonidas
11-06-2005, 08:50 PM
I believe Rip elbowed the hell out of Tony in Game 5 after Horry's three...