PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Have To Rise to the Challenge

theStranger
06-22-2005, 08:24 PM
Much as Detroit has. Going up against the supposed best player in the leauge and one of the best power forwards in the game ever. The Pistons have fought, clawed, and matched all intensity that we have thrown at them.

Now the Spurs realize that to win this they must play at their very best. I don't think the Spurs have. It seemed in game 6 the Spurs maybe thought with the blink of an eye they would be up 20 and then it would be a slam dunk for SA just as everyone predicted... not so.

In my eyes even the fans of the Spurs feel this way. Reading the posts and listening to callers on national sports shows it seems Spur fans are bored. Expecting to win because we do have after all Tim Duncan. Well he is hurt and he is not high flying and slam dunking as in years past. The dominance and will of Duncan is only possibly playing up to 85% of his potention... that extra 15% would dismantle the Pistons.

I do believe the Spurs are better. I think they have been through a lot in these playoffs and everyone has tried to kill them except for Phoenix who let the Spurs run through the lane at will. If the Spurs really bring it and Manu doesn't start throwing blind passes much like Rasheed gets Techs we could be doing very well. If that is met and they play with INTENSITY for 48 minutes then we win.

In Game 6 when the Spurs played hard they were either catching up or taking the lead in the little time they faltered they would quickly lose the lead. Adrenalin and drive must power the legs for the Spurs.

The Pistons on the other hand are our mirror image. They haven't given up either. All this talk about their toughness and resiliance should only show how tough and resiliant the Spurs are too. Both teams deserve plenty of credit and the winner to use cliche will be the one who wants it more. There is no homecourt advantage Thursday night and as you know the Spurs hardly ever get home cooking in any manner. If the Spurs win tomorrow they will be the only team to have never lost in the finals and I will be one happy guy.