PDA

View Full Version : Is D-Wade done?

Riddler
05-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Considering his style of play, his recent leg injuries, and becoming a dirty player, is he done?

Killakobe81
05-18-2012, 12:34 PM
Dont think he is done far from it. But much like Kobe he is probably a borderline top 5 but for sure top 10 player. Both of their best days are behind them.

pass1st
05-18-2012, 12:43 PM
He never made the transition to prepare for his inevitable decline in athleticism. We'll see a very sharp decline from him soon, maybe next season or the one after it.

InRareForm
05-18-2012, 12:44 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/5/18/3028109/dwyane-wade-miami-heat-vs-pacers-nba-playoffs-2012

Jordan on the Wizards, lol

HarlemHeat37
05-18-2012, 12:54 PM
He's still athletic and relatively crafty, but his jump shot is dead..it has been since 2008..

His jump shots are off-balance and fundamentally flawed, he hasn't bothered to correct it..

He'll be back for next year, though..Miami's new coach will probably conserve him during the regular season, keep him fresh for the playoffs..

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-18-2012, 01:04 PM
He's not done but he's looking old before his time. Regardless of how this postseason goes the Heat have got to find a way to get deeper and allow him more rest in the regular season, or convince Wade to make some big changes to how he approaches the game.

Calispursfan11
05-18-2012, 03:07 PM
D Wade is an imminent TOSB. He is 30 plus I think and the mileage is greater than his age. Manu is getting old but he has been preserved by limited minutes while D Wade has been wracked with the scoring and mental load of keeping the Heat in contention for years. He is a TOSB to be in one or two years. This last game was an aberration though and think he might bounce back for a win in GM 4, even though I hope he doesn't.

Calispursfan11
05-18-2012, 03:09 PM
Also, sad to see a not at full strength Heat get destroyed by an inferior team, similar to the Spurs last season with Memphis. They would have been in the finals with Bosh, but their season is lost.

hater
05-18-2012, 03:12 PM
how is a full strength pacer team inferior to Lebron, a pussy hurt Wade and a bunch of vagabonds?

Venti Quattro
05-18-2012, 03:12 PM
He should really start thinking of enhanching his mid-range to save him from needless wear and tear.

Spursfan092120
05-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Is this a troll post? Done? You kidding me?

Ace
05-18-2012, 03:14 PM
:lol Wade is going nowhere

z0sa
05-18-2012, 03:15 PM
One of my favorite players in the L. I don't think so, not even close, but that team needs depth.

JamStone
05-18-2012, 03:18 PM
Something doesn't seem right with him right now but I don't think he's done. I think he's playing through something. It's not like he sucked all season long. In fact, he got fewer minutes this season and if you compare his per-minute statistics with his 2005-06 season, they're extremely similar. The fall-off has been in these playoffs. But again, I think he's just not right physically. He might be in slight decline but I still think he's effective. The key is keeping him healthy.

And remember, not too long ago, there were LeBron critics suggesting Wade was better not only because he was a better clutch player but because he supposedly had a more consistent midrange jumper. That was only a few seasons ago. His jumper isn't right now, but the guy is still a top talent in the league.

tesseractive
05-18-2012, 03:41 PM
I think he's just not right physically.

TIMMYtoZO
05-18-2012, 04:04 PM
He's still athletic and relatively crafty, but his jump shot is dead..it has been since 2008..

His jump shots are off-balance and fundamentally flawed, he hasn't bothered to correct it..

He'll be back for next year, though..Miami's new coach will probably conserve him during the regular season, keep him fresh for the playoffs..

:lol Why would a new coach be in when Miami will be the last team standing in June? Have faith. Miami will prevail. This is their time.

Jt.ONE
05-18-2012, 04:12 PM
he needs to perfect his jumper( midrange or 3) if he wants to stay relevant in his later years, perhaps it's from the wear and tear of his playstyle, maybe it's the injuries catching back up to him, maybe some physical/mental problems or whatever.. but he'll bounce back

LkrFan
05-18-2012, 04:23 PM
He never made the transition to prepare for his inevitable decline in athleticism. We'll see a very sharp decline from him soon, maybe next season or the one after it.

This. Kobe has played mostly "below the rim" for years and is still very effective. I don't put Wade in the same category. Why? Because he can't shoot like Kobe can. Nor is his footwork as good. Once his athleticism is gone, he's done as an elite player. Ditto for Bron and D12.

LkrFan
05-18-2012, 04:26 PM

Who do you see coaching Miami next year?

LkrFan
05-18-2012, 04:31 PM
:lol Why would a new coach be in when Miami will be the last team standing in June? Have faith. Miami will prevail. This is their time.

Haven't we heard this drivel before? It might as well be the Indiana Packers. Without your best shooter on the team (Bosh) providing spacing for Bron and Wade, two things should happen:

1) Indiana will run a zone and dare Bron (10-22) and Wade (2-13) to shoot. Which leads to....

2) Packing that paint. Your bigs are putrid at best minus Bosh. Everyone knows it

Simply put, y'all in trouble. :downspin:

ALVAREZ6
05-18-2012, 04:32 PM
If he could develop a solid 3 point shot that would save his ass throughout the regular seasons to come. Players would have to cover him deep and if they close out too hard on him he can get by the defender.

baseline bum
05-18-2012, 04:39 PM

Even if they win the title they should still get a real coach. There is no reason the Heat (when healthy) shouldn't be completely blowing the rest of the NBA out of the water every single night.

Fabbs
05-18-2012, 04:43 PM
This. Kobe has played mostly "below Sterns rim" for years and is still very effective. I don't put Wade in the same category.
fixed

ALVAREZ6
05-18-2012, 04:47 PM
This. Kobe has played mostly "below the rim" for years and is still very effective. I don't put Wade in the same category. Why? Because he can't shoot like Kobe can. Nor is his footwork as good. Once his athleticism is gone, he's done as an elite player. Ditto for Bron and D12.

As much as I like to trash Kobe and the Lakers, I respect him a lot. He is still capable of amazing basketball despite his age, and yet he has more miles than his age suggests as he has been playing heavy minutes for a long ass time...came into the league straight out of high school. His 1 on 1 game is incredible, there are few things he can't do and has an answer for just about any type of defender with his footwork and ability to hit every type of jumper, fading from either direction, pull up jumpers, etc. He's also very good at playing with his back to the basket, which is rare with most guards.

LkrFan
05-18-2012, 04:51 PM
fixed

:lol

LkrFan
05-18-2012, 04:53 PM
As much as I like to trash Kobe and the Lakers, I respect him a lot. He is still capable of amazing basketball despite his age, and yet he has more miles than his age suggests as he has been playing heavy minutes for a long ass time...came into the league straight out of high school. His 1 on 1 game is incredible, there are few things he can't do and has an answer for just about any type of defender with his footwork and ability to hit every type of jumper, fading from either direction, pull up jumpers, etc. He's also very good at playing with his back to the basket, which is rare with most guards.

Great post son. Your team still sucks though. :toast

HarlemHeat37
05-18-2012, 04:59 PM
:lol Kobe has looked terrible, too..

He had a decent series vs. the worst defense in the playoffs, now he's getting exposed against a better, but still average defense..

ALVAREZ6
05-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Great post son. Your team still sucks though. :toast

They're doing a lot better than your team, even with 2 TOSBs vs. 1 TOSB. They're the definition of team.

baseline bum
05-18-2012, 05:15 PM
They're doing a lot better than your team, even with 2 TOSBs vs. 1 TOSB. They're the definition of team.

Had they kept their second TOSB they'd be 1-1 right now tbh.

Venti Quattro
05-18-2012, 05:17 PM
Tosb might mean team oriented Spurs basketball. That's the first positive spin that I found on Tosb, and rightfully so.

LkrFan
05-18-2012, 05:20 PM

Hey jackass, that :toast and comment was a compliment. Now let's try this again. :toast

baseline bum
05-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Hey jackass, that :toast and comment was a compliment. Now let's try this again. :toast

fuk yo team clown

LkrFan
05-18-2012, 05:39 PM
:lol Kobe has looked terrible, too..

He had a decent series vs. the worst defense in the playoffs, now he's getting exposed against a better, but still average defense..

ORLY (http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?id=320325025)? Thunder has an average defense? They blew you guys out by 16 and in a loss (the Hype got help) they held the then healthy Miami Hype to 37.3%.

In OKC: LeHype/Wade combined for 14/28 (50%). Only 8 FTAs. Bosh: 6-11
In Miami: LeHype/Wade combined for 17/38 (44.5%). They got 16 FTAs to steal a 5-point win though. :lol Bosh:4-14

Other than getting ref love (AKA FTAs), your big 3 was held in check. So the key to beating the Hype is to keep them of the FT line. But how often does Stern allow that to happen?

You saying their defense is average is a shitty take. You're better than this. :downspin:

LkrFan
05-18-2012, 05:40 PM
fuk yo team clown

:lol

-21-
05-18-2012, 06:01 PM
Tosb might mean team oriented Spurs basketball. That's the first positive spin that I found on Tosb, and rightfully so.

:tu

dunkman
05-18-2012, 07:30 PM
He has lost a step tbh fwiw imo.

Spurtacus
05-18-2012, 08:54 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=248&pictureid=1698

Jacob1983
05-19-2012, 02:13 AM
http://t.qkme.me/35g77x.jpg

Calispursfan11
05-31-2013, 09:29 PM
The discussion on the fall of Wade began more than a year ago tbh, and the concerns were valid...