PDA

View Full Version : Flesh Eating Bacteria Consumes Man's Penis

cantthinkofanything
05-18-2012, 11:53 AM
"shit happens" or "WTF China?"

"...which resulted in Milla having no more external male genitalia"

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/health/2012/05/18/flesh-eating-bacteria-consumes-man-penis/#ixzz1vF0fqPAG

Cant_Be_Faded
05-18-2012, 11:57 AM
I don't know if this is occurring more often or its just bring reported more often due to the popularity of that zip line chick who lost a leg to necrotizing bacteria

cantthinkofanything
05-18-2012, 11:59 AM
I don't know if this is occurring more often or its just bring reported more often due to the popularity of that zip line chick who lost a leg to necrotizing bacteria

Wondered the same thing. I've seen two more reports in the last couple of days. But I thought the one that involved losing a penis would be more fun to read on SpursTalk.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Flesh eating bacteria was a trending story to report on back in the mid 90s, too. I remember the localTV news even doing a story on it. That makes me think its just reporting.

But then again, could be related to resistant strains that are becoming more common these days

cantthinkofanything
05-18-2012, 12:03 PM
Flesh eating bacteria was a trending story to report on back in the mid 90s, too. I remember the localTV news even doing a story on it. That makes me think its just reporting.

But then again, could be related to resistant strains that are becoming more common these days

In any event, it's made me rethink adding a second weenie.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-18-2012, 12:03 PM
Jeff Hannemen, guitarist for Slayer has actually been incapacitated for over a year with flesh eating bacteria. He's had to learn to walk again and almost lost a leg

ALVAREZ6
05-18-2012, 01:33 PM
:vomit:

mrsmaalox
05-18-2012, 05:23 PM
OMG I have actually seen this condition! I had a patient with Fournier's gangrene, from a strangulated inguinal hernia, IIRC. His scrotum was being consumed first, and the surgeon had to cut a big v-shaped flap from groin to groin, and the whole area, penis and scrotum could be "peeled back" for debridement. It was horrendous! Unfortunately it was all very advanced and the poor man's life could not be saved. Easily in my Top 10 Worst ICU Experiences of my career. Terrible :(

ALVAREZ6
05-18-2012, 06:35 PM
OMG I have actually seen this condition! I had a patient with Fournier's gangrene, from a strangulated inguinal hernia, IIRC. His scrotum was being consumed first, and the surgeon had to cut a big v-shaped flap from groin to groin, and the whole area, penis and scrotum could be "peeled back" for debridement. It was horrendous! Unfortunately it was all very advanced and the poor man's life could not be saved. Easily in my Top 10 Worst ICU Experiences of my career. Terrible :(

Fuck.

benefactor
05-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Damn...I've heard of some shitty ways to check out but this is easily one of the worst.

Spurtacus
05-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Put toilet paper on the seat and wash your hands often.