PDA

View Full Version : What should the Heat do this offseason?

Bruce Wayne
05-18-2012, 02:03 PM
I say they should trade Wade while they can get anything for him.

GuillermoDiazFan
05-18-2012, 02:06 PM
WHat if they somehow beat Indiana - possible - and then Bosh comes back? In that case, they can still win it all.

If they lose this series, Spoelstra is gone. Not sure if they should break the big 3 or not. I'd ponder a Wade trade, but it depends on what they're getting back.

MR.SILVER&BLack
05-18-2012, 02:15 PM
move wade. Hes the oldest of the big 3 & already seems to be losing his explosiveness.

z0sa
05-18-2012, 02:21 PM
Wade or LeBron aren't going anywhere. They'll fire a coach before they break up the most (un)popular team in the NBA. Thus, Spoelstra is as good as gone, with Pat Riley returning for his second Miami Heat triumph.

The only thing that will save Spoelstra now is an NBA title.

smaka
05-18-2012, 02:22 PM
I'd say they need to trade DWade, but I'm not really sure if they would even think of it, because he's been playing with the Heat for whole career, and, after all, brought them one ring...

mercos
05-18-2012, 02:34 PM
If they were smart, they would get rid of Spoelstra first and foremost. He's not a terrible coach, but he is not elite. The Lebron, DWade, Bosh trio was poorly constructed, and only a terrific coach was going to take that team to a title. With two similar wing players like Wade and Lebron, you need a system in place to take full advantage of their talents. The Spurs are a prime example with TP and Manu. The triangle run by the Lakers and Bulls is another excellent example.

There are a number of strong teams growing in the league right now, and I be hard pressed to pick the Heat next year regardless of who their coach is. For that reason, I'd shop Wade. He is the oldest piece, and less valuable than Lebron. Get rid of him, and bring in a number of pieces to build around Lebron and Bosh.

The Heat need a defensive big to pair with Bosh, someone who can defend the rim ala Tyson Chandler. That is hard to find these days, but if Wade is the bargaining chip it may be attainable. Couple that with a viable offensive system, and the Heat would be a much stronger team.

jeebus
05-18-2012, 02:39 PM
Trade Wade or Lebrick. They're the same player but both have flaws. Wade's breaking down faster than Kobe and Lebrick is pretty much a lock to choke in the playoffs. Wade's older though and has proven he can't go anywhere without another superstar so he'll probably be the first to go.

Bruce Wayne
05-18-2012, 02:40 PM
@noamschiller Local sports radio lines here in Miami are jammed with Heat fans trashing Wade, many calling for a trade. Stunning.

https://twitter.com/#!/tomhaberstroh/status/203492243066195968

z0sa
05-18-2012, 02:42 PM
:lol A lot of dedication they have for the player that brought em a ring. Heatfan might be the worst in the NBA.

ALVAREZ6
05-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Trading Wade to have a more versatile attack would be a great move but that is not realistic. Miami is simply not trading Wade, the face of the franchise and major reason why they won it all in 2006.

Spoelstra should go if they can find a better coach available and willing, first. Spoelstra clearly can't get shit done.

Spurtacus
05-18-2012, 02:43 PM
1. Pat Riley or Phil Jackson
2. Steve Nash

z0sa
05-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Spoelstra should go if they can find a better coach available and willing, first. Spoelstra clearly can't get shit done.

he's sitting on the sidelines of every Heat game already *cough*

HarlemHeat37
05-18-2012, 02:47 PM
Miami's top-level talent isn't the problem, at all..

Anybody that doesn't think Spoelstra is a terrible coach has never watched a Heat game..he's running the same system he ran before Lebron and Bosh arrived, he has barely made any changes, which is pathetic..

Everybody said the same shit about Mike Brown after he got fired, too..fans and media love blaming the "diva" athletes..

Fire Spoelstra, amnesty Mike Miller, hope you can add 1 or 2 guys for cheap..

ducks
05-18-2012, 02:52 PM
who would coach that team
who is better
I am not sure james would want pat riley to coach

ALVAREZ6
05-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Spoelstra is not a coach. Any solid NBA coach would have this Heat team playing much better basketball. LMAO all they do is run iso's the whole game, half court offense is terrible. If they aren't knocking down the 3 ball or getting a lot of transition points, the Heat suck on offense.

The true Finals of this year will be in the Western Conference: Spurs vs. Thunder. Winner wins it all, guarantee.

LnGrrrR
05-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Wasn't it just a year or two ago where Wade had that game where he couldn't miss against the C's in the playoffs? Didn't he average 20 PPG in the playoffs last year? One down year isn't enough to trade him.

manufan10
05-18-2012, 02:58 PM
They need to fire Spoelstra and at least give it one more go with the Super Friends. They need to find someone with championship experience, and someone who Wade and LeBron can respect since they obviously don't respect Spoelstra.

JamStone
05-18-2012, 03:08 PM
http://ambasketball.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/nba_g_riley_268.jpg

dylankerouac
05-18-2012, 03:15 PM
Get new fans.

DMC
05-18-2012, 03:17 PM
If the Heat lose this series, it doesn't mean much. They are without one of their biggest players (literally and figuratively).

Not many teams in history get far in the playoffs without their star/s.

DMC
05-18-2012, 03:18 PM
They need to fire Spoelstra and at least give it one more go with the Super Friends. They need to find someone with championship experience, and someone who Wade and LeBron can respect since they obviously don't respect Spoelstra.

Tim's contract is up, so the Heat could coax him and Pop over to Miami.

Ace
05-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Trading Wade is an idiotic idea :lol

Fire Spoelstra , get rid of Miller and find a decent big.

tesseractive
05-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Amnesty LeBron.

hater
05-18-2012, 03:31 PM
:lol thinking a different coach would make a difference

these fuckfaces didn't want to be coached. that's the reason they joined forces in South Beach

ALVAREZ6
05-18-2012, 04:28 PM
:lol thinking a different coach would make a difference

I agree, the Heat are fucked. They likely cannot do much better with any other available coach, and that's the problem. There are coaches that could drastically improve the outlook for Miami, but not really any available.

They fucked themselves and everyone is against the Heat, at least the media, now. With 3 players taking such a big chunk of the payroll, it's hard to get other solid, reliable role players, and if one of those 3 important pieces go down in the playoffs, like now, they're fucked. They're not really a team, just 3 talented individuals who take turns playing 1 vs. 1 on offense.

LkrFan
05-18-2012, 04:34 PM
I say they should trade Wade while they can get anything for him.

Agreed. Wade is still a good player, but like LeHype, he needs the ball in his hands to be effective. Notice that a LeHype/Bosh combo doesn't skip a beat when Wade is out with an injury.They both get a good amount of FGAs and they compliment each other well tbh.

ffadicted
05-18-2012, 04:36 PM
Wade is retiring in Miami
Trade Bosh and fire spo

ALVAREZ6
05-18-2012, 04:51 PM
Agreed. Wade is still a good player, but like LeHype, he needs the ball in his hands to be effective. Notice that a LeHype/Bosh combo doesn't skip a beat when Wade is out with an injury.They both get a good amount of FGAs and they compliment each other well tbh.

What you say is true but trading Wade isn't likely. Trading Wade is the smartest basketball move, but not all decisions are pure basketball decisions.

Imagine replacing Wade with Deron Williams though, that team would be instantly better and more versatile.

LkrFan
05-18-2012, 04:54 PM
What you say is true but trading Wade isn't likely. Trading Wade is the smartest basketball move, but not all decisions are pure basketball decisions.

Imagine replacing Wade with Deron Williams though, that team would be instantly better and more versatile.

Nope. D-Will coming to LA...in a Pau trade. :downspin:

HarlemHeat37
05-18-2012, 05:03 PM
I agree, the Heat are fucked. They likely cannot do much better with any other available coach, and that's the problem. There are coaches that could drastically improve the outlook for Miami, but not really any available.

They fucked themselves and everyone is against the Heat, at least the media, now. With 3 players taking such a big chunk of the payroll, it's hard to get other solid, reliable role players, and if one of those 3 important pieces go down in the playoffs, like now, they're fucked. They're not really a team, just 3 talented individuals who take turns playing 1 vs. 1 on offense.

Pat Riley
Phil Jackson
Jerry Sloan
Larry Brown

Miami would also be better with either of the Van Gundys, although they wouldn't solve all of the issues..

Lebron, Wade and Bosh will all take hits to their legacy, if they continue to fail, but so will Pat Riley..he's making the poor moves..he'll need to either coach the team, or bring in a big name to coach the team..

Venti Quattro
05-18-2012, 05:05 PM
It's kind of funny how I wanted Mike Miller so much to join LA in the summer of 2010 (Miami picked him up right after The Decision). Since then, he's just been either injured or sucking.

HarlemHeat37
05-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Miller was supposed to be a solid addition, he has declined at an amazing rate, tbh..

To be fair, a lot of fans from Miller's former teams warned Heat fans about his flaws..

Venti Quattro
05-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Mike Miller's decline came so fast that I find James Jones to be better at him at this point.

ALVAREZ6
05-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Pat Riley
Phil Jackson
Jerry Sloan
Larry Brown

Miami would also be better with either of the Van Gundys, although they wouldn't solve all of the issues..

Lebron, Wade and Bosh will all take hits to their legacy, if they continue to fail, but so will Pat Riley..he's making the poor moves..he'll need to either coach the team, or bring in a big name to coach the team..

I really meant available and realistic options. Riley is obviously an option and I forgot about Sloan who was fired (instead of being a TOSB) by the Jazz, so who knows if he's willing. I doubt Phil wants to come back to coaching right now, but that's just an uneducated guess on my part.

Is Jeff Van Gundy looking for a coaching job after taking a few years off as an analyst? I thought he might have interviewed for a position recently but I don't really know. I agree, either Van Gundy would help them.

I just don't believe they're gonna find a good replacement unless Riley takes over himself.

ALVAREZ6
05-18-2012, 05:11 PM
And I doubt Stan VG wants to come back to Miami after Riley took over his shit and lead them to a championship :lol

HarlemHeat37
05-18-2012, 05:12 PM
Ya, I don't think either Stan Van or Phil Jackson are realistic options, just throwing names out, off the top of my head..

Venti Quattro
05-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Phil is being heavily serenaded by New York imo, and if he comes back to coaching he might come back there -- although I wouldn't discount a possibility of him going to Miami and coaching a Jordan/Pippen like combination. With the right price and a Los Angeles-like environment like Miami, he might be swayed.

A Riles-Phil partnership would be devastating as they have 16 rings between the two of them. And that kind of championship caliber might trickle down on LeBron.

Larry Brown ... eeeech bad choice. He might run both players to the ground with his structured style of play. Wade and LeBron thrive in open-floor situations. They would hate playing for a coach like Larry Brown. I'd take Sloan over him in a heartbeat.

Stan van Gundy is a shit option. There is nothing more to it than that.

ALVAREZ6
05-18-2012, 05:19 PM
Sloan is my favorite dude that may be available, but who knows if he's willing/in the coach market.

JamStone
05-18-2012, 05:20 PM
Phil Jackson isn't a good fit in Miami. You know he'd want to implement the triangle, and that simply doesn't work with LeBron, Wade, and Bosh because none of those three can effectively play the post in the triangle offense. The strengths of LeBron and Wade are maximized in face-up isolation situations where they use their athleticism to attack the rim. Putting them in a structured but restrictive offense doesn't work because both rely way more on athleticism than skill. I think it would take several seasons to make them learn the triangle and polish the necessary skills to not only master it but be effective in it.

In that regard, New York would be more appealing to Phil Jackson since at least he can put Melo in the post to run the triangle through. Then you add other factors like the Knicks being Phil's playing days team and the fact that Phil's ego and Riley's ego probably would prevent either from really making a Heat marriage happen, if Jackson does return to coaching, it makes way more sense for him to go to the Knicks.

Venti Quattro
05-18-2012, 05:23 PM
Jamstone, speaking of, if you hired Phil and hinged the triangle on Melo, which players would your surround him with?

ALVAREZ6
05-18-2012, 05:25 PM
Amare certainly can play the triangle as well imo ^

Venti Quattro
05-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Actually yeah. I don't know why, but if I'm going to choose between Melo and Amare, I'm going to trade Melo over STAT. I don't know why, but Amare never stopped the ball like Carmelo did.

JamStone
05-18-2012, 05:31 PM
Jamstone, speaking of, if you hired Phil and hinged the triangle on Melo, which players would your surround him with?

Melo is a better back-to-the-basket, low post scorer than Amare. Melo fits the triangle well in that capacity as long as he can be motivated to also be a willing passer (easier said than done, I know). But Amare fits with Melo in the triangle because with Melo inverting the offense, Amare is a capable jumpshooter as a big. The rest of the supporting cast would really be shooters at that point. Novak would likely thrive in some role offensively in the triangle. Fields and Lin would not really fit.

tesseractive
05-18-2012, 05:35 PM
It's kind of funny how I wanted Mike Miller so much to join LA in the summer of 2010 (Miami picked him up right after The Decision). Since then, he's just been either injured or sucking.

Sometimes it turns out that the best transactions are the ones you don't make. Like the Parker trade a lot of Spurs fans were clamoring for in past years.

DMC
05-18-2012, 06:34 PM
I sensed a some slack way out there with Wade when Lebron got the MVP. Wade seems a bit distant because of it.

“It was probably one of the hardest things I had to do in sports was to, in a sense, take a step back,” Wade said. “A lot of people don’t understand. They’ll say, ‘Why would you do that?’ To me, I want more success from winning. I don’t want another scoring title. I’m just trying to win.

“I felt that it had to come from nobody but me, to say, ‘Go ahead, man. You’re the best player in the world. We’ll follow your lead.’ Once I said that, I thought he kind of exhaled a little bit.”

Wade expects Lebron to take the reins, like "here, now what are you going to do?" so he resents Spo calling him out about anything. He expects Lebron to not want to have his glory without having the responsibility in pressure situations.

It really is about to boil over, and something's going to give.

ALVAREZ6
05-18-2012, 06:37 PM
It really is about to boil over, and something's going to give.

I hope so.:hungry:

DMC
05-18-2012, 06:39 PM
I hope so.:hungry:
No kidding.

This is our Real Housewives type drama fix.

SpursIndonesia
05-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Wade (+ salary filler ?) for DeAndre Jordan + Mo Williams, which team says no ? Or it's a win-win trade proposal ?

ffadicted
05-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Wade (+ salary filler ?) for DeAndre Jordan + Mo Williams, which team says no ? Or it's a win-win trade proposal ?

..... jesus christ some people actually think like this

Michael Jordan.
05-18-2012, 06:44 PM
Your GM skills make me proud. :toast

GuillermoDiazFan
05-18-2012, 06:47 PM

Win-win, honestly.

SpursIndonesia
05-18-2012, 07:48 PM
..... jesus christ some people actually think like this

Shoot the message please, not the messenger. :toast

Your GM skills make me proud. :toast

You ain't much better, Mike. :sleep

:lol 9-57
:lol Kwame Brown

Win-win, honestly.

Don't be mad bro, both main pieces of the trade have been playing like shit this post season, a change of scenery might be needed here. :wakeup

vander
05-18-2012, 08:01 PM
would be kinda funny if they traded Wade

angelbelow
05-18-2012, 08:07 PM
I don't think they need to trade the big 3 yet. Just continue to add talent via free agency and draft picks.

Coaching change seems like a necessary move though.

dunkman
05-18-2012, 08:10 PM
Before any roster changes, they need Riley to replace Spo'. Then add an decent big with the MLE, unload Mike Miller's contract.

tesseractive
05-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Win-win, honestly.

With all the laughing at the Heat we'd get to do, we would all be winners. :lol

ALVAREZ6
05-18-2012, 08:30 PM
:lmao + Mo Williams was left so deeply ass-pained after The Decision that I doubt he wants to reunite with The Chosen One.

tesseractive
05-18-2012, 08:35 PM
LeBron for Stephen Jackson, Gary Neal, and Matt Bonner: who says no?