PDA

View Full Version : Telegraph: Obama's literary agent says he was 'born in Kenya'. How did the mainstream

spursncowboys
05-18-2012, 10:37 PM
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/timstanley/100158834/obama-used-to-be-a-kenyan/

The reason why I put this is it is kind of a outside view.

I'm not a birther and think even if BHO is not American citizen, I would hate to see the first black president taken out because of that. His record will do that job.

I do think that this is atleast newsworthy. The fact that this wasn't mentioned is a clear indication of not only the biasedness of the MSM but of the cencorship that is openly accepted.

I'm not saying this is front page news like Romney pulling a prank in high school in 1967, but the fact that it was never mentioned... This article is a good read on that.

So once again this isnot about birthers but about the MSM.

Blake
05-18-2012, 10:42 PM
You just found this piece thanks to MSM.

spursncowboys
05-18-2012, 10:56 PM
British MSM. They got it from Breitbart. Do you consider Breitbart MSM?

ChumpDumper
05-18-2012, 10:56 PM
You're a birther and you don't even read other birther threads.

You're a lazy birther.

spursncowboys
05-18-2012, 11:37 PM
Wow the trolls are really coming into this. Good job invoking your insightful ideas of this topic. Glad to know the normal group is in full swing in furthering discussion.

ChumpDumper
05-19-2012, 12:50 AM
It's already been discussed, idiot.

There's an entire thread about it that already exists.

MannyIsGod
05-19-2012, 01:47 AM
:lmao

I'm sorry but asking how the MSM missed something when you missed the other first page thread on it is fucking hilarious.

Spurminator
05-19-2012, 09:33 AM
The mainstream media has more respect for its audience than Breitbart, apparently. Which says a lot about Breitbart and his audience.

Yonivore
05-19-2012, 09:51 AM
British MSM.
Not mainstream.

They got it from Breitbart. Do you consider Breitbart MSM?
No.

And, the story isn't even about birtherism.

It's about a media that will parachute into Wasilla, Alaska to dig up the most inane details of a Republican candidate's life but never once ask how a Democrat candidate could sit in the pews of a church led by a racist pastor (a pastor from whom he drew inspiration for the title of his memoir) and not be influenced by it.

It's about a media that squeezed every ounce of fabrication out of a Republican candidates service in the Texas Air National Guard but could not be bothered to investigate the relationship between a Democrat candidate and an unrepentant terrorist who opened his home from which the candidate launched his political career.

It's about a media that breathlessly reports on 48 year-old stories of a Republican candidate's high school hi-jinks, as if it really matter in a contemporary political contest, but has absolutely no curiosity about some of the more "colorful" admissions of drug use and irresponsibility made by a Democrat candidate in his own autobiographical story.

Should I go on?

The media played the same game with John Edwards. It took a fucking gossip rag to embarrass them before they got on board with the real story -- even then, they did so reluctantly and only after it was apparent the Democrat was no longer a viable candidate.

clambake
05-19-2012, 10:40 AM
palin lol

ChumpDumper
05-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Not mainstream.:lol

And, the story isn't even about birtherism.:rollin

What a joke.

Wild Cobra
05-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Not mainstream.

No.

And, the story isn't even about birtherism.

It's about a media that will parachute into Wasilla, Alaska to dig up the most inane details of a Republican candidate's life but never once ask how a Democrat candidate could sit in the pews of a church led by a racist pastor (a pastor from whom he drew inspiration for the title of his memoir) and not be influenced by it.

It's about a media that squeezed every ounce of fabrication out of a Republican candidates service in the Texas Air National Guard but could not be bothered to investigate the relationship between a Democrat candidate and an unrepentant terrorist who opened his home from which the candidate launched his political career.

It's about a media that breathlessly reports on 48 year-old stories of a Republican candidate's high school hi-jinks, as if it really matter in a contemporary political contest, but has absolutely no curiosity about some of the more "colorful" admissions of drug use and irresponsibility made by a Democrat candidate in his own autobiographical story.

Should I go on?

The media played the same game with John Edwards. It took a fucking gossip rag to embarrass them before they got on board with the real story -- even then, they did so reluctantly and only after it was apparent the Democrat was no longer a viable candidate.
They can't see all that with their liberal glasses on. Why do you bother? It's a wast of time. i often wonder why I bother trying to set some facts strait.

ChumpDumper
05-19-2012, 11:48 AM
They can't see all that with their liberal glasses on. Why do you bother? It's a wast of time. i often wonder why I bother trying to set some facts strait.When have you ever done that?

leemajors
05-19-2012, 12:11 PM
you could start by bothering to spell straight properly.

ElNono
05-19-2012, 12:49 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197329

ElNono
05-19-2012, 12:50 PM
lol birthers

Goran Dragic
05-19-2012, 02:29 PM
spursncowboys is remarkable the way he manages to encapsulate every stereotypical batshit belief neoconservatives have. Obama was born in Kenya, Obama is Muslim, Muslims are evil, gays are evil, abortion is evil, atheism is evil, etc. He believes it all :lol

mavs>spurs
05-19-2012, 03:44 PM
liberal sycophants

Nbadan
05-19-2012, 04:30 PM
liberal sycophants

They aren't liberal sycophants...they are just sycophants...

George Gervin's Afro
05-19-2012, 04:31 PM
lol victims...

leemajors
05-19-2012, 06:12 PM
liberal sycophants

I think pussyface spelled it syccophants son

spursncowboys
05-19-2012, 06:24 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197329
?

spursncowboys
05-19-2012, 06:28 PM

I'm sorry but asking how the MSM missed something when you missed the other first page thread on it is fucking hilarious.
Someone else posted the Telegraph article? I must have missed it. Do you have a link to it?

Don't apologize. You should amuse yourself throughout the day. :toast

ChumpDumper
05-19-2012, 06:51 PM
lol newsworthy

ElNono
05-19-2012, 07:00 PM
?

It's the same story... the story isn't the newspaper, is it?

leemajors
05-19-2012, 07:25 PM
no i spelled it correctly

that is not what I was talking about

Yonivore
05-19-2012, 08:45 PM
spursncowboys is remarkable the way he manages to encapsulate every stereotypical batshit belief neoconservatives have. Obama was born in Kenya, Obama is Muslim, Muslims are evil, gays are evil, abortion is evil, atheism is evil, etc. He believes it all :lol
Actually, the conservative belief seems to be evolving into something that says, while Obama may be none of these things, he hasn't done much to dissuade people of these beliefs.

So, the question becomes not whether or not Obama was born in Kenya but why he would allow his literary agent to support that myth for 17 years; Not if he's Muslim but why he tends to show so much deference to that faith over all others.

Muslim extremists are evil; homosexuals aren't evil, just wrong in demanding the world change the definition of legal marriage to accommodate them; abortion is evil; and, atheists, along the lines of the homosexual normalization want the entire world to change their established beliefs to accommodate theirs. It doesn't make either of them evil -- just wrong-minded.

There is nothing stopping homosexuals or atheists from believing (or not believing, in the case of atheists) or doing anything that anyone else can do.

Atheists can believe there is no God.

Homosexuals can marry.

There is nothing to stop them.

spursncowboys
05-19-2012, 09:22 PM
talk about strawmen.

Wow...just...wow

So much dumb. Even from the coward Goran. That is like me assuming that just because Michael Moore believes something, then your professor believes it (which in turn would mean you would believe it)

ChumpDumper
05-19-2012, 09:37 PM
Actually, the conservative belief seems to be evolving into something that says, while Obama may be none of these things, he hasn't done much to dissuade people of these beliefs.

So, the question becomes not whether or not Obama was born in Kenya but why he would allow his literary agent to support that myth for 17 years; Not if he's Muslim but why he tends to show so much deference to that faith over all others.

Muslim extremists are evil; homosexuals aren't evil, just wrong in demanding the world change the definition of legal marriage to accommodate them; abortion is evil; and, atheists, along the lines of the homosexual normalization want the entire world to change their established beliefs to accommodate theirs. It doesn't make either of them evil -- just wrong-minded.

There is nothing stopping homosexuals or atheists from believing (or not believing, in the case of atheists) or doing anything that anyone else can do.

Atheists can believe there is no God.

Homosexuals can marry.

There is nothing to stop them.Damn, you're an idiot.

TheSkeptic
05-19-2012, 09:59 PM
Damn, you're an idiot.

How so exactly? :lol

ChumpDumper
05-19-2012, 10:07 PM
Too many to count with this connection.

Yonivore
05-21-2012, 01:34 PM
Barack Obama's biographical brief edited repeatedly over 17 years, but Kenyan birthplace changed just weeks after his presidential run announced (http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2012/05/barack-obamas-biographical-brief-was.html).

How did that error continue to slip by?

ChumpDumper
05-21-2012, 01:35 PM
Barack Obama's biographical brief edited repeatedly over 17 years, but Kenyan birthplace changed just weeks after his presidential run announced (http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2012/05/barack-obamas-biographical-brief-was.html).

How did that error continue to slip by?Who cares besides birthers like you?

Yonivore
05-21-2012, 01:39 PM
Who cares besides birthers like you?
I'm not a birther; I've evolved.

I now think it's more likely he used the "Born in Kenya" factoid to scam the admission's process at a school he wanted to attend.

So, you're not the least bit curious why such an egregious error would survive multiple edits to the same biography over the course of 17 years?

ChumpDumper
05-21-2012, 01:41 PM

I now think it's more likely he used the "Born in Kenya" factoid to scam the admission's process at a school he wanted to attend.:lol

Another day, another yoni conspiracy.

So, you're not the least bit curious why such an egregious error would survive multiple edits to the same biography over the course of 17 years?Why should I be?

Why would it matter?

ChumpDumper
05-21-2012, 01:56 PM
chumpdumper is an obama sucker to the fullestNah, there are plenty of legitimate criticisms of Obama.

Birtherism isn't one of them.

You still haven't made your case for his being born anywhere but the US, TC. I don't' blame you for avoiding it.

ChumpDumper
05-21-2012, 01:59 PM
:cry I got nothing so I'll just try to insult CD :cry

ChumpDumper
05-21-2012, 02:02 PM
:cry I hope my new schtick works :cry

ChumpDumper
05-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Seriously my biggest problem with you is that you don't believe in ANYTHINGGG unless there is a link to an official government page or one of the big corporate controlled media outlets covers it. You put SO much unwavering faith in government whenever they are quickly becoming our biggest enemy.You haven't given any evidence from any source supporting your contention Obama was born in Kenya.

So you're pretty easily dismissed. Sorry.

Yonivore
05-21-2012, 02:07 PM
Because liberals and the mainstream media aren't curious enough to even entertain the question of why Barack Obama would lie about the country of his birth, here is a roundup of conservative and libertarian thought on the matter:

Faking fakers and the fakery they fake (http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/05/faking-fakers-and-the-fakery-they-fake/)

When it comes to conspiracies, I’m an Occam’s Razor man. The more obvious explanation of the variable first line in the eternally shifting sands of Obama’s biography is that, rather than pretending to have been born in Hawaii, he’s spent much of his life pretending to have been born in Kenya.

After all, if your first book is an exploration of racial identity and has the working title “Journeys In Black And White,” being born in Hawaii doesn’t really help. It’s entirely irrelevant to the twin pillars of contemporary black grievance – American slavery and European imperialism. To 99.99 percent of people, Hawaii is a luxury vacation destination and nothing else.
Whereas Kenya puts you at the heart of what, in an otherwise notably orderly decolonization process by the British, was a bitter and violent struggle against the white man’s rule. Cool! The composite chicks dig it, and the literary agents.

And where’s the harm in it? Everybody does it – at least in the circles in which Obama hangs. At Harvard Law School, where young Barack was “the first African-American president of The Harvard Law Review,” there’s no end of famous firsts: As The Fordham Law Review reported, “Harvard Law School hired its first woman of color, Elizabeth Warren, in 1995.” There is no evidence that Mrs. Warren, now the Democrats’ Senate candidate, is anything other than 100 percent white. She walks like a white, quacks like a white, looks whiter than white. She’s the whitest white since Frosty the Snowman fell in a vat of Wite-Out. But she “self-identified” as Cherokee, so that makes her a “woman of color.”

It’s a cheap stunt.

It’s former City Councilor Chuck Turner, trying to divert attention from his bribery conviction by reminding his tiny band of disillusioned followers, “African-Americans were brought to this country as slaves; we were whipped and lashed and hung. …”

It’s Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. offering to donate to the Smithsonian Institution’s museum of black history the handcuffs used to shackle him, as if he had personally confronted Sheriff Jim Clark rather than mouthed off to a Cambridge cop who’d come to help him.

It’s unconscionable because it demeans the price that was paid by those who truly suffered for causes greater than themselves. To Warren, Turner and Gates, and ideologues like them, that shed blood of others is not revered, but unconscionably appropriated for their own selfish purposes.

In any case, Obama’s putative foreign birth fit in with the image his agents were trying to sell: that of a young man whose exotic background gave him a pertinent perspective on “social and racial issues.” Obama, like Warren, was a product of elite academia, which places a great premium on such “diversity.” When tales of exotic origins become a kind of currency, it shouldn’t surprise us to find that prominent people, when they were young and ambitious, turn out to have passed counterfeits.
More at the link if you're interested...

ChumpDumper
05-21-2012, 02:10 PM
Because liberals and the mainstream media aren't curious enough to even entertain the question of why Barack Obama would lie about the country of his birth, here is a roundup of conservative and libertarian thought on the matter:

Faking fakers and the fakery they fake (http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/05/faking-fakers-and-the-fakery-they-fake/)Conservatives love conspiracy theories and will spend time and energy making them up.

And yoni will parrot them.

ChumpDumper
05-21-2012, 02:11 PM
It's not just this thread dude. You're such a mega troll I just don't even feel like debating with you.Eh, you just know you don't have shit in this case.

You'll be OK, but don't be a weasel. It's pretty sad.

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2012, 02:12 PM

Faking fakers and the fakery they fake (http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/05/faking-fakers-and-the-fakery-they-fake/)

More at the link if you're interested...

Why would I entertain a question that has zero relevancy? Establish a logical chain of factual events that results in Obama having been born outside of consitutional bounds, and then I'm interested in questions.
Until then, lol @ questions concerning why nobody questions something.

cantthinkofanything
05-21-2012, 02:12 PM
You haven't given any evidence from any source supporting your contention Obama was born in Kenya.

So you're pretty easily dismissed. Sorry.

http://obamareleaseyourrecords.blogspot.com/2012/03/megadeth-singer-and-guitarist-dave.html

ChumpDumper
05-21-2012, 02:15 PM
http://obamareleaseyourrecords.blogspot.com/2012/03/megadeth-singer-and-guitarist-dave.htmllol birtherreport.com

lol Dave Mustaine

Yonivore
05-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Why would I entertain a question that has zero relevancy? Establish a logical chain of factual events that results in Obama having been born outside of consitutional bounds, and then I'm interested in questions.
Until then, lol @ questions concerning why nobody questions something.
Actually, no one is questioning his place of birth; they're questioning his motives for allowing the persistent myth -- supported by his uncorrected yet repeatedly edited biography -- he was born outside the United States.

The argument has evolved. Keep up.

ChumpDumper
05-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Actually, no one is questioning his place of birth; they're questioning his motives for allowing the persistent myth -- supported by his uncorrected yet repeatedly edited biography -- he was born outside the United States.

The argument has evolved. Keep up.So it's even less relevant than before.

Brilliant move, birthers.

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2012, 02:19 PM

The argument has evolved. Keep up.

lol @ allow.

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2012, 02:20 PM
Do you think the Fed is allowing the 911 Troofer movement? :facepalm

Yonivore
05-21-2012, 02:31 PM
lol @ allow.
Well, TeyshaBlue, that biography was edited multiple times over the 17 year period he was represented by the literary agent who published it. A lot of the content was changed over that time -- presumably with the knowledge and consent of the author who is the subject of the biography -- and, not once, was the Kenya Birth fact corrected or removed...until, of course, Obama announced his candidacy for President; at which time, he dropped the firm, corrected the biography, and moved on.

ChumpDumper
05-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Well, TeyshaBlue, that biography was edited multiple times over the 17 year period he was represented by the literary agent who published it. A lot of the content was changed over that time -- presumably with the knowledge and consent of the author who is the subject of the biography -- and, not once, was the Kenya Birth fact corrected or removed...until, of course, Obama announced his candidacy for President; at which time, he dropped the firm, corrected the biography, and moved on.And?

Really yoni, why does any of this matter?

Yonivore
05-21-2012, 02:42 PM
And?

Really yoni, why does any of this matter?
You're not interested in knowing why he lied for 17 years?

ChumpDumper
05-21-2012, 02:44 PM
You're not interested in knowing why he lied for 17 years?1) There is no evidence he lied. That is your conspiracy theory.

2) You didn't answer the question. Why does any of this matter?

Yonivore
05-21-2012, 02:48 PM
1) There is no evidence he lied. That is your conspiracy theory.
The literary agent's rules required the authors to submit their own biographies. Are suggest that, even if Obama didn't write the original draft, that he never read the damn thing? Remember, this was before he was famous. Being the narcissist he is, I seriously doubt he was unaware of what the biography said -- particularly at a time when he was emerging in fame.

He lied. He allowed the lie to persist for 17 years...through multiple edits.

2) You didn't answer the question. Why does any of this matter?
Depends on why he lied.

ChumpDumper
05-21-2012, 02:51 PM
The literary agent's rules required the authors to submit their own biographies. Are suggest that, even if Obama didn't write the original draft, that he never read the damn thing?That is a distinct possibility.
Remember, this was before he was famous. Being the narcissist he is, I seriously doubt he was unaware of what the biography said -- particularly at a time when he was emerging in fame.Yeah, the narcissist schtick is another conservative conspiracy theory. You really buy into these hook, line and sinker.

He lied. He allowed the lie to persist for 17 years...through multiple edits.No evidence.

Depends on why he lied.What would make it relevant at all to today? You'll have to do better than innuendo here. I know that is difficult for you.

Blake
05-21-2012, 02:51 PM

I now think it's more likely he used the "Born in Kenya" factoid to scam the admission's process at a school he wanted to attend.

Which school?

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Well, TeyshaBlue, that biography was edited multiple times over the 17 year period he was represented by the literary agent who published it. A lot of the content was changed over that time -- presumably with the knowledge and consent of the author who is the subject of the biography -- and, not once, was the Kenya Birth fact corrected or removed...until, of course, Obama announced his candidacy for President; at which time, he dropped the firm, corrected the biography, and moved on.

It appears to me, in the constellation of biographical works, that this pamplet was less than a minor work. I'm thinking that you are assigning value to it that doesn't exist, outside of a condition of a preconceived notion of conspiracy.

Yonivore
05-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Which school?
How should I know? Obama's school records are off limits.

Yonivore
05-21-2012, 03:09 PM
It appears to me, in the constellation of biographical works, that this pamplet was less than a minor work. I'm thinking that you are assigning value to it that doesn't exist, outside of a condition of a preconceived notion of conspiracy.
I disagree.

The pamphlet (and other publications in which the same biography was reproduced, excerpted, and used) was the official publication of Barack Hussein Obama's literary agent from his first through his last book. These are the people that represented him, as an author of at least two memoirs/autobiographies.

It wasn't less than minor...it was how the agent represented its authors to the world.

ChumpDumper
05-21-2012, 03:11 PM
I disagree.

The pamphlet (and other publications in which the same biography was reproduced, excerpted, and used) was the official publication of Barack Hussein Obama's literary agent from his first through his last book. These are the people that represented him, as an author of at least two memoirs/autobiographies.

It wasn't less than minor...it was how the agent represented its authors to the world.lol offical

I know you're trying to make this a big deal because you are programmed to, yoni -- but you haven't made it relevant at all.

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2012, 03:14 PM
I disagree.

It wasn't less than minor...it was how the agent represented its authors to the world.

A presspack?:lol Yes. Less than minor seems to be an accurate descriptor in the sea of biographical works.

ChumpDumper
05-21-2012, 03:14 PM
A presspack?:lol Yes. Less than minor seems to be an accurate descriptor in the sea of biographical works.:madrun It's OFFICIAL! :madrun

Yonivore
05-21-2012, 03:20 PM
A presspack?:lol Yes. Less than minor seems to be an accurate descriptor in the sea of biographical works.
What other biographical works, from 1991 to 2007, are there? It's not a very big sea, TeyshaBlue. And, in the sea of biographic works, Obama's literary agent, in the business of advancing the cause of its authors, is a pretty big fish. Did this literary agent produce other biographies of its author, Barack H. Obama, that contradicted this one?

ChumpDumper
05-21-2012, 03:24 PM
What other biographical works, from 1991 to 2007, are there?Probably any media profile ever made about Obama throughout his life and career. I'm sure you checked all of those with equal zeal.
It's not a very big sea, TeyshaBlue.Yes, all the print, broadcast and internet media in the world is not a big sea at all.

And, in the sea of biographic works, Obama's literary agent, in the business of advancing the cause of its authors, is a pretty big fish.Which is why no one heard of it until three and a half years after he was elected President of the United States.

Even Breitbart missed it back then.

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2012, 03:33 PM
There are approx 200,000 books published in the US each year.

The sea is plenty large.

Yonivore
05-21-2012, 03:42 PM
There are approx 200,000 books published in the US each year.

The sea is plenty large.
No, how many biographies of Barack Obama were published between 1991 and 2007?

The sea of biographical information pertaining to him is not that big and, in the sea of biographical information pertaining to him, Acton & Dystel was the whale. It used the referenced biography in all its publications, in which Obama was mentioned, from 1991 to 2007. In that time, the biographical sketch was edited multiple times -- presumably at the request and with the knowledge of its subject, Barack Obama -- and, not once, was the error corrected. Well, not until he decided to seek the office of President.

It's a curious question. I'm not asking you to be curious but, I think a media that spent considerable time on an interracial relationship had by Sarah Palin, in her younger days, would be curious about why this error was allowed to persist by Obama.

George Gervin's Afro
05-21-2012, 03:43 PM
So to sum up yoni's thread..he's assuming and assiging motives..all that portray Obama in a negative light..

ChumpDumper
05-21-2012, 03:45 PM
No, how many biographies of Barack Obama were published between 1991 and 2007?I can think of one from 1995 that clearly states he was born in Hawaii.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1b/Dreams_from_my_father.jpg

Maybe you heard of it.

Now do you think, in the sea of biographies, this is a bigger or smaller fish than a publishing agent's blurb?

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2012, 03:45 PM

The sea of biographical information pertaining to him is not that big and, in the sea of biographical information pertaining to him, Acton & Dystel was the whale. It used the referenced biography in all its publications, in which Obama was mentioned, from 1991 to 2007. In that time, the biographical sketch was edited multiple times -- presumably at the request and with the knowledge of its subject, Barack Obama -- and, not once, was the error corrected. Well, not until he decided to seek the office of President.

It's a curious question. I'm not asking you to be curious but, I think a media that spent considerable time on an interracial relationship had by Sarah Palin, in her younger days, would be curious about why this error was allowed to persist by Obama.

The "presumably" is the problem. Presumed by who? Other than yourself, that is.

Blake
05-21-2012, 03:48 PM
How should I know? Obama's school records are off limits.

Do the schools Obama attended really give admission breaks to Kenyan born citizens?

How did he prove he was Kenyan by birth? Did he simply show them a pamphlet that said he was?

Yonivore
05-21-2012, 03:49 PM
The "presumably" is the problem. Presumed by who? Other than yourself, that is.
If you employed a literary agent would you read the biography of you they published? I damn sure would. As a newly published author, I'd probably frame the biographical sketch.

Not to mention, this literary agent (as most do) require their authors to submit their own biographies.

This is a 1991 Obama, not the world famous President Obama of 2012.

Yonivore
05-21-2012, 03:51 PM
Do the schools Obama attended really give admission breaks to Kenyan born citizens?
Fuck if I know.

How did he prove he was Kenyan by birth? Did he simply show them a pamphlet that said he was?
He made it on the ballot of all 57 states with less. But, I'd be interested to see his school records from Occidental, Columbia, and Harvard.

TeyshaBlue
05-21-2012, 03:53 PM
If you employed a literary agent would you read the biography of you they published? I damn sure would. As a newly published author, I'd probably frame the biographical sketch.

Not to mention, this literary agent (as most do) require their authors to submit their own biographies.

This is a 1991 Obama, not the world famous President Obama of 2012.

So, we're still firmly ensconsed in presumption. Ok. Enjoy.

Blake
05-21-2012, 04:01 PM
Fuck if I know.

And fuck Obama even though you don't.

He made it on the ballot of all 57 states with less. But, I'd be interested to see his school records from Occidental, Columbia, and Harvard.

seems to me it would be a rather easy call to make to inquire about admission assistance for Kenyan born citizens, just for starters.

....if you were really interested that is....but I doubt you are.

Yonivore
05-21-2012, 04:13 PM
And fuck Obama even though you don't.
I simply think it's curious. Why are you so defensive on his behalf?

seems to me it would be a rather easy call to make to inquire about admission assistance for Kenyan born citizens, just for starters.
It's been done and I know the general answer but, without knowing whether or not Obama presented himself has Hawaiian born or Kenyan born, at admissions, it's a moot point.

If you were curious, you would know as much as I do.

....if you were really interested that is....but I doubt you are.
The point is the lack of curiosity by the press...not me.

ChumpDumper
05-21-2012, 04:17 PM
I can think of one from 1995 that clearly states he was born in Hawaii.

Maybe you heard of it.

Now do you think, in the sea of biographies, this is a bigger or smaller fish than a publishing agent's blurb?I'm not going to let you dodge this one, yoni. You're so curious you forgot he had a memoir published in 1995.

ChumpDumper
05-21-2012, 04:17 PM
It's been done and I know the general answerWhat is the general answer?

ChumpDumper
05-21-2012, 04:43 PM
Suddenly, yoni is much less curious.

Blake
05-21-2012, 04:45 PM
I simply think it's curious. Why are you so defensive on his behalf?

I simply don't like lazy, disingenuous posts, no matter who or what the subject is about

It's been done and I know the general answer but, without knowing whether or not Obama presented himself has Hawaiian born or Kenyan born, at admissions, it's a moot point.

If you were curious, you would know as much as I do.

I believe the state of Hawaii when they say he's a citizen.

That ends my curiosity, but if you have something to say or show that proves he is lying, then spit it instead of throwing shit at the wall.

The point is the lack of curiosity by the press...not me.

Media! They are in on it! Per the usual par for the course!

RandomGuy
05-21-2012, 04:51 PM
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/timstanley/100158834/obama-used-to-be-a-kenyan/

I'm not a birther and think even if BHO is not American citizen, I would hate to see the first black president taken out because of that. His record will do that job.

I do think that this is atleast newsworthy. The fact that this wasn't mentioned is a clear indication of not only the biasedness of the MSM but of the cencorship that is openly accepted.

I'm not saying this is front page news like Romney pulling a prank in high school in 1967, but the fact that it was never mentioned... This article is a good read on that.

Does that link explain how the president controls gas prices?

MaNuMaNiAc
05-21-2012, 05:24 PM

:lol WTF does the fact that he's the first black president have to do with anything? You just can't get over that, can't you

scott
05-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Fine, he was born in Kenya. LOOK HOW MUCH MY WORLD CHANGED!

Yonivore
05-22-2012, 03:35 PM
Fine, he was born in Kenya. LOOK HOW MUCH MY WORLD CHANGED!
Not that his birthplace has anything to do with how much your world has changed but, if you're being sarcastic, have you been paying attention the past 3 and half years?

Your world has changed quite a bit.

ChumpDumper
05-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Not that his birthplace has anything to do with how much your world has changed but, if you're being sarcastic, have you been paying attention the past 3 and half years?

Your world has changed quite a bit.How? Tell me how my world has changed, yoni.

ChumpDumper
05-22-2012, 07:42 PM
You never responded, yoni. Maybe you just didn't see it.

I can think of one from 1995 that clearly states he was born in Hawaii.

Maybe you heard of it.

Now do you think, in the sea of biographies, this is a bigger or smaller fish than a publishing agent's blurb?

Yonivore
05-22-2012, 10:02 PM
Here's another theory...

Is Regents of the University of California v. Bakke, a 1978 case rejecting academic racial quotas, the smoking gun behind Obama’s Kenyan identity? (http://www.bookwormroom.com/2012/05/18/is-regents-of-the-university-of-california-v-bakke-a-1978-case-rejecting-academic-racial-quotas-the-smoking-gun-behind-obamas-kenyan-identity/)

Barack Obama has kept carefully hidden all of his college records. Many of us have assumed that this secrecy is because those papers show that he took nothing but Leftist Mickey Mouse classes and ended up with lousy grades.

Now that we know that Obama marketed himself to publishers as a Kenyan, though, we’re beginning to suspect that the papers hide, not only academic mediocrity, but the same Kenyan identity Obama was using to market himself in the publishing world. The question, of course, is why would Obama pretend to be African? After all, when it came to college admissions, wasn’t being black good enough for affirmative action purposes?

Normally, in the years since the Civil Rights movement, the answer would be “Yes, being half-black (not half-white, but half-black) should have given Obama the leg-up he needed to parlay mediocre grades and a drug habit into a shiny diploma from one of America’s best institutions of higher education.” Obama’s problem, though, was that he came of age at a very specific time in the annals of affirmative action. To appreciate this, you have to know that Obama, who graduated from high school in 1979, must have started looking at colleges in 1978.

When it comes to college admissions, 1978 isn’t just any year. It’s a very special year. It was the year that the Supreme Court decided Regents of the University of California v. Bakke (1978) 438 U.S. 265.

scott
05-22-2012, 11:32 PM

Your world has changed quite a bit.

You're right. My life has improved dramatically since November 2008. Thanks for reminding me.

ChumpDumper
05-23-2012, 03:56 AM
Here's another theory...

Is Regents of the University of California v. Bakke, a 1978 case rejecting academic racial quotas, the smoking gun behind Obama’s Kenyan identity? (http://www.bookwormroom.com/2012/05/18/is-regents-of-the-university-of-california-v-bakke-a-1978-case-rejecting-academic-racial-quotas-the-smoking-gun-behind-obamas-kenyan-identity/)So do you actually believe any of these theories or are you just vomiting them up because you think it is somehow advantageous for your team?

lefty
05-23-2012, 08:44 AM
Obama is AMERICAN !!!!!!