PDA

View Full Version : Spurs now only undefeated team left!

Jimcs50
05-19-2012, 12:34 AM
Great game for Lakers at FT line to beat Thunder 99-96. Thunder experiences first loss.

They have to play tomorrow too. Can LA even series against much younger Thunder team after this grueling game?

HarlemHo 37
05-19-2012, 12:35 AM
right on cue...

PublicOption
05-19-2012, 12:36 AM
42 FTA, my god. that is pathetic.

PublicOption
05-19-2012, 12:38 AM
Now if the Clips get 42 FTA tomorrow you know the NBA is fixed.

Jimcs50
05-19-2012, 12:40 AM
And I win my bet by 1/2 point. Had LA -2.5.

:toast

ThePop
05-19-2012, 12:40 AM
We're not getting those refs tomorrow right?

Jimcs50
05-19-2012, 12:41 AM

NBA not fixed. If so, SA would never get out of first round.

Jimcs50
05-19-2012, 12:41 AM
We're not getting those refs tomorrow right?

No, Joey will not be at our game, thank God.

DMC
05-19-2012, 12:53 AM
We are going to get the same treatment in LA that the Thunder got. The Thunder made some stupid decisions, and Fisher was playing for the Lakers obviously, and Scott Brooks couldn't coach little league basketball, but don't act surprised when Duncan has 3 fouls early.

Jimcs50
05-19-2012, 01:00 AM
We are going to get the same treatment in LA that the Thunder got. The Thunder made some stupid decisions, and Fisher was playing for the Lakers obviously, and Scott Brooks couldn't coach little league basketball, but don't act surprised when Duncan has 3 fouls early.

Nah, Spurs do not foul that much. LA will be lucky to get 24 FT attempts today.

DMC
NBA not fixed. If so, SA would never get out of first round.
I think there's a certain amount of skewing going on. It's too obvious to believe it's just a bad call when there was obviously no contact and the ref blows a whistle in anticipation for contact during certain times of the game.

Notice how hard Westbrook had to foul Kobe at the end before the refs would blow the whistle? That took about 3 or 4 seconds off the clock. Refs have been around longer than the players, and they know the deal. 2 minutes earlier a slight touch was two free throws instant whistle.

I don't like the variance, how commentators admit "you don't make that call at this point in the game" or "lots of contact but the refs are letting them play through it" as if there's a collective agreement between three refs regarding each sequence of plays.

However, there's only so much they can do without inciting an investigation, so when the opposing team is killing it, refs hands are tied. They cannot overcome a 20pt deficit, but they can keep a game close and put certain people in foul trouble early for mostly questionable calls, many away from the ball.

Also, it's so easy to look at things the players did or did not do that could have changed the outcome of the game, and often the fouls called balance out on the stats sheets, however each foul has to be taken in it's context else all appears to be impartial. Refs get dogged all the time, and later they pay you back and you forgive them for their bias as if it balanced out. It didn't. Shitty officiating is still shitty officiating.

Knoxxx
Gary Neal > Fisher (backup pg)

DMC
05-19-2012, 01:02 AM

We'll see.

SA210
05-19-2012, 02:05 AM
I think there's a certain amount of skewing going on. It's too obvious to believe it's just a bad call when there was obviously no contact and the ref blows a whistle in anticipation for contact during certain times of the game.

Notice how hard Westbrook had to foul Kobe at the end before the refs would blow the whistle? That took about 3 or 4 seconds off the clock. Refs have been around longer than the players, and they know the deal. 2 minutes earlier a slight touch was two free throws instant whistle.

I don't like the variance, how commentators admit "you don't make that call at this point in the game" or "lots of contact but the refs are letting them play through it" as if there's a collective agreement between three refs regarding each sequence of plays.

However, there's only so much they can do without inciting an investigation, so when the opposing team is killing it, refs hands are tied. They cannot overcome a 20pt deficit, but they can keep a game close and put certain people in foul trouble early for mostly questionable calls, many away from the ball.

Also, it's so easy to look at things the players did or did not do that could have changed the outcome of the game, and often the fouls called balance out on the stats sheets, however each foul has to be taken in it's context else all appears to be impartial. Refs get dogged all the time, and later they pay you back and you forgive them for their bias as if it balanced out. It didn't. Shitty officiating is still shitty officiating.

I actually agree with every word of this. :tu

SA210
05-19-2012, 02:06 AM

That has nothing to do with it, refs can and have blown the whistle before on crap. 2006 rings a bell.

therealtruth
05-19-2012, 02:11 AM
The Thunder had been playing with fire the last two games. They were allowing LA to control the tempo.

Trainwreck2100
05-19-2012, 02:13 AM

if the clippers can make 36 out of 42 they deserve to win

100%duncan
05-19-2012, 04:30 AM
Thanks,OP...