PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else impressed with the Lakers' championship resolve tonight?

DeadlyDynasty
05-19-2012, 01:07 AM
To overcome sub-40% shooting and win a pivotal game speaks volumes to the character of this team.

Discuss.

namlook
05-19-2012, 01:09 AM
I'd be more impressed if they hadn't given away game 2.

midnightpulp
05-19-2012, 01:09 AM
I'd be more impressed if Kobe hadn't given away game 2.

Fixed

Venti Quattro
05-19-2012, 01:11 AM
2010 Finals-esque performance.

Spur_Fanatic
05-19-2012, 01:15 AM
I'd be more impressed if they had done it without a huge amount of FT's...
(tbh, they won't get that many again on this series... and they won't make that many even if they do)

Koolaid_Man
05-19-2012, 01:16 AM
I'm impressed with the hump job that Barnes pulled off on Westbrock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNGpRcgOZww

spursfan1000
05-19-2012, 01:18 AM
They are just warming up the thunder for the wcf.

namlook
05-19-2012, 01:19 AM
Fluffed

midnightpulp
05-19-2012, 01:24 AM
I don't think your dumb-ignore-list-ass understands what fluffed means. It's getting someone primed for sex, like when Kool jerks off Luva or when you rub your mother's clit.

Applying that term to my ramblings about the Lakers makes no fuckin' sense.

namlook
05-19-2012, 02:09 AM
I don't think your dumb-ignore-list-ass understands what fluffed means. It's getting someone primed for sex, like when Kool jerks off Luva or when you rub your mother's clit.

Applying that term to my ramblings about the Lakers makes no fuckin' sense.

Trying to apply logic to a situation when most of your posts make no fucking sense? Priceless.

Trainwreck2100
05-19-2012, 02:27 AM
Not really, the lakers needed 40 fts to win. Not citing officials, just mentioning FT's. They didn't do anything to stop the thunder and they got lit up for 96. Cause they have a better chance of getting a steve blake buzzer beater than getting 40+ Fts again.

BRHornet45
05-19-2012, 02:28 AM
http://www.images22.com/pics/04/vince-mcmahon-lakers.jpg

Bill_Brasky
05-19-2012, 02:34 AM
Actually DD, yes, I am. Props.

Jacob1983
05-19-2012, 03:00 AM
You can give the Lakers props for almost being perfect from the free throw line but other than that, the performance was a little sub par.

Kai
05-19-2012, 03:10 AM
You can give the Lakers props for almost being perfect from the free throw line but other than that, the performance was a little sub par.

Still a little closer to par than the Thunder.

ambchang
05-19-2012, 06:36 AM
More impressed with Stern's resolve to make his presence felt.

Props to the main man sons.

Killakobe81
05-19-2012, 06:41 AM
Fixed

You are 90.5% correct. I'd say he had a little help Blakes bad pass and miss don't help but Kobe was the GOAT but not the kind they use to describe Ali or MJ

Koolaid_Man
05-19-2012, 10:20 AM
“I don’t give a [fuck] what you say,” Bryant told Yahoo! Sports late Friday. “If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [fuck] you.

“Because I don’t play for your [fucking] approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That’s what I play for. Most of the time, when guys feel the pressure, they’re worried about what people might say about them. I don’t have that fear, and it enables me to forget bad plays and to take shots and play my game."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kobe-bryant-embraces-moment--saves-lakers--season-with-game-3-win-over-thunder.html;_ylt=ArvFfqQsncZGqHeB97aceta8vLYF

Budkin
05-19-2012, 10:25 AM
DooDoo Jump

Spurtacus
05-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Championship resolve? They got 41% of their points from the FT line.

mercos
05-19-2012, 11:51 AM
Their performance down the stretch was still a little shaky, with Kobe turning the ball over once again late in the game. I was very impressed with their poise at the line, though. Whether or not people feel they deserved them, making 41 of 42 is pretty amazing. Kobe sinking all of his after struggling in the clutch this series was impressive as well. It might not have been pretty, but they ultimately got the W.

ChrisRichards
05-19-2012, 12:01 PM
I'd be more impressed if they hadn't given away game 2.
It all evens out. The series would stil be 2-1 tbh. I don't think the Lakers would get all that home cooking calls in Game 3 if they won Game 2.

I don't believe games are rigged but last night's game showed me that the league has a hand in big games like these. OKC-LA is a sure fire winner in terms of ratings so they are going to make sure the series extends to possibly 6 games. 7 games will be tremendous in terms of profit and as basketball fan, I'd like to see these two stretch it out as much as possible.

That being said. I hear a lot of complaints about Kobe getting calls. He did have 18 FTA, but tbh, he truly deserved each one of them. People will argue that Harden had two clean blocks and I agree but the refs missed a lot more when Kobe was fouled numerous times driving to the basket so it offsets everything.

Overall its a bad officiating. When the Lakers were running away with a huge lead in the first quarter, the referees gave OKC a favor by sending James Harden to the line a whopping 4 times (he ended up with only 4 FG's but still managed to score 21 points). When it was clear OKC has the game in the bag in the 4th Quarter, the refs started calling tacky fouls in favor of OKC. I actually don't have any problems with Kobe's FTA in the 4th. But there was two calls in under 3 minutes that bugged me. First was Perkins barely touching Gasol that sent him to the FT line and Artest clearly hacking Durant with less than 30 seconds to go.

OKC will win game 4 though. Lakers are just too old and too tired to win back to back playoff games.

TampaDude
05-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Props to the LA Sterns for extending the series. :toast

ElNono
05-19-2012, 12:27 PM
So Durant was double-teamed, with nobody to pass it to, he took the shot and missed...

Man, that's messed up.

TampaDude
05-19-2012, 12:29 PM
So Durant was double-teamed, with nobody to pass it to, he took the shoot and missed...

Man, that's messed up.

:lol

DeadlyDynasty
05-19-2012, 01:07 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kobe-bryant-embraces-moment--saves-lakers--season-with-game-3-win-over-thunder.html;_ylt=ArvFfqQsncZGqHeB97aceta8vLYF

:lolThis is why Kobe's a bad-ass, still. He's played too long not to do it his way... and he doesn't give a FUCK what you think about him b/c he's got 5 rings, the biggest contract in the league, and free reign to do whatever he wants with the most popular franchise in the NBA. For better or worse (mostly for worse lately) he'll just tell you to go back and fuck your mother some more if you question his tactics. There's something admirable about that, tbh.:lol

Spur_Fanatic
05-19-2012, 01:17 PM
“I don’t give a [expletive] what you say,” Bryant told Yahoo! Sports late Friday. “If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations, they would be right' Well, [expletive] you.
“Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And for stats. That’s what I play for. Most of the time, when guys feel the pressure, they’re worried about what people might say about them. I totally have that fear, but my brain enables me to forget bad plays and to take shots and play my game, to choke and choke some more. I can blame Steve Blake later on, anyway"

Fixed Kobe's quote reflect true persona.

Spur_Fanatic
05-19-2012, 01:18 PM
:king

tesseractive
05-19-2012, 01:35 PM
Championship resolve? They got 41% of their points from the FT line.

Both teams were getting to the line. The Lakers saw that and rammed the ball down OKC's throat. OKC settled for too many jumpers when they could have gotten those FTs too.

This game was awesome for the killer instinct of a team that's won championships that's now fighting to stay alive this year. Not the prettiest basketball, but incredible determination. Nice work by the Lakers.

Koolaid_Man
05-19-2012, 03:32 PM
:lolThis is why Kobe's a bad-ass, still. He's played too long not to do it his way... and he doesn't give a FUCK what you think about him b/c he's got 5 rings, the biggest contract in the league, and free reign to do whatever he wants with the most popular franchise in the NBA. For better or worse (mostly for worse lately) he'll just tell you to go back and fuck your mother some more if you question his tactics. There's something admirable about that, tbh.:lol

I think subliminally and in part he's trying to send a message Lebron and Wade...they seem to really care what people think...maybe they'd be more comfortable if they played with Kobe's attitude...Ironically this spirit of Kobe is what makes Kool and Kobe cut from the same cloth..it should be obvious by now I don't give a shit either what people on here think of me :lol

midnightpulp
05-19-2012, 03:42 PM
I think subliminally and in part he's trying to send a message Lebron and Wade...they seem to really care what people think...maybe they'd be more comfortable if they played with Kobe's attitude...Ironically this spirit of Kobe is what makes Kool and Kobe cut from the same cloth..it should be obvious by now I don't give a shit either what people on here think of me :lol

Sending the message that you should be horrible in the clutch? And why would he send a message to Lebron when Lebron's been a better late game performer in the playoffs than Bryant? (Yeah, yeah, 5 rings, yada, yada, yada)

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q627/gmurias1/photo4-2.jpg

Stats don't lie, chimpy.

DMX7
05-19-2012, 04:58 PM
No.

The_Worlds_finest
05-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Lol lakers championship resolve
Sincerely,
Spurs Clippers game three