PDA

View Full Version : So the Lakers have averaged 15 FTs in the series before tonight's game

midnightpulp
05-19-2012, 01:09 AM
and now they suddenly get 38 attempts (leaving out the 4 intentional fouls at the end of the game)?

Oh, I know. They were more aggressive tonight because they were energized and at home, that's why they had a whopping 30 points in the paint compared to OKC's 40.

Oh, I know. It's justified because :cry "OKC gets soooo many bullshit calls it was about time the Lakers got some of their own" :cry. In the first game OKC had 29 attempts in a fast paced game that was a blowout. In game 2, they had the same amount of attempts as the Lakers. Spin it all you want, this series was called fairly for both teams until tonight's rig job.

Bottom line is the NBA needs this series to go at least 6 games (which means another game in LA and more ratings) and did everything humanly possible to tips things in that direction.

Now, Lakers fans, I'm not suggesting you apologize for the win or feel ashamed. By all means, gloat. I know when Stern suspended Amare and Diaw, I threw it in the faces of dipshit Suns fans over on the ESPN boards. And when they inevitably would respond with, "How can you be proud of winning a rigged series?" I would say, "Winning feels good. I'll take 'em anyway I can."

But if any Laker fan thinks that game was anything but a fuckin' farce, then kill yourselves immediately.

BRHornet45
05-19-2012, 01:10 AM
sons anything can happen in sports entertainment

namlook
05-19-2012, 01:10 AM
Taking a break from your fluffing job? LOL.

GoodOdor
05-19-2012, 01:17 AM
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

BlairForceDejuan
05-19-2012, 01:18 AM
Lakers basically just got some pity sex tonight.

It was cute, but we all know refs/stern can't make fans watch that boring ass team shoot 40 ft's a game for the next 3 rounds.

Capt Bringdown
05-19-2012, 01:24 AM
Not as bad as the '93 semi-final game 7 between Seattle and Phoenix.
I remember because I was living in Seattle at that time - Seattle fans were going nuts. Looked it up,
Phoenix was 57 for 64!!! (http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199306050PHO.html) 64 FTA in a playoff game, wow.
Barkley was 19 for 22, KJ 14 for 16 from the line.

Gosh, I wonder the NBA really, really wanted a Jordan/Barkley finals?

Jt.ONE
05-19-2012, 01:32 AM
questionable shit on the real,but i'm not mad we won either.

TimmehC
05-19-2012, 01:32 AM
I remember because I was living in Seattle at that time - Seattle fans were going nuts. Looked it up,
Phoenix was 57 for 64!!! (http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199306050PHO.html) 64 FTA in a playoff game, wow.

Daaaaaaaamn, no way to :downspin: that one.

midnightpulp
05-19-2012, 01:34 AM
questionable shit on the real,but i'm not mad we won either.

Like I said, don't feel bad. Gloat about it. These are the kind of wins that piss off us Laker haters the most.

Venti Quattro
05-19-2012, 01:37 AM
Like I said, don't feel bad. Gloat about it. These are the kind of wins that piss off us Laker haters the most.

You are indeed in full haterade mode tonight.

midnightpulp
05-19-2012, 01:41 AM
You are indeed in full haterade mode tonight.

Damn right. This series should've been put on ice.

Mugen
05-19-2012, 01:43 AM
no worries Mid. Gets these faggots feeling good about Game 4.

I see Professor X is lurking. Get in this thread right now.

Capt Bringdown
05-19-2012, 01:45 AM

Games like this remind me that you can't feel good in a series against the Lakers until they get knocked out.

Lakers invariably get the benefit of the calls, as the Spurs well know.

Should be very interesting to see how OKC responds to this debacle.

cobbler
05-19-2012, 01:47 AM
What a bunch of whiney little bitches.

Get the committee together and write a bill.

Or maybe listen to the OKC coach. "we fouled too much and used our hands to play defense"

Everyone bitching about kobes 18 FT and not a word about Hardens 12. Same clip if you count time played. 12 FT by Bynum. You saying he wasnt getting hacked down low?

WIN!!!!!!

Was a good game to see and looking forward to tomorrow!!!

Wooooooo Hooooooooooo!!

Sad thing is if Kobe doesnt blow game 2 we are up 2-1. Tomorrow is big!

Catch you then you pissy little whiney bitches!!!!!

Great to be a LA sports fan!!!!!!!

Venti Quattro
05-19-2012, 01:48 AM
I see Professor X is lurking. Get in this thread right now.

Professor X has come out of his hiding.

Mugen
05-19-2012, 01:49 AM

Or maybe listen to the OKC coach. "we fouled too much and used our hands to play defense"

Everyone bitching about kobes 18 FT and not a word about Hardens 12. Same clip if you count time played. 12 FT by Bynum. You saying he wasnt getting hacked down low?

WIN!!!!!!

Wooooooo Hooooooooooo!!

Murderball!!!!!

Mugen
05-19-2012, 01:49 AM

Props on the win tonight Venti. Hope they push it to 6.

midnightpulp
05-19-2012, 01:51 AM

WIN!!!!!!

Wooooooo Hooooooooooo!!

Kings ain't winning the cup. Lakers ain't winning the O'Brien. Angels are fucktards. And the Dodgers might get to the World Series, but will lose to Texas. And we still have no football team. But for the sake of the argument, let's pretend your shitstain Rams still play here. We know those assholes won't do anything in your lifetime.

How is it great to be an LA sports fan again?

cobbler
05-19-2012, 01:53 AM

No hiding. Posted after every game of the playoffs that I have been in town win or lose. I actually have a life and actually go to the games unlike you losers who sit in your moms den and post on the internet during games.

Big WIN!!!!!

Woooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Mugen
05-19-2012, 01:54 AM
No hiding. Posted after every game of the playoffs that I have been in town win or lose. I actually have a life and actually go to the games unlike you losers who sit in your moms den and post on the internet during them.

Big WIN!!!!!

You'd know better than all of us!

Venti Quattro
05-19-2012, 01:56 AM
I am convinced that cobbler is someone's troll. How you fall for this shit is beyond me. I guess you just really want any reason to hate the Lakers.

lefty
05-19-2012, 01:58 AM

I remember that shit

Stern clearly wanted Chuck vs MJ

cobbler
05-19-2012, 01:58 AM
Kings ain't winning the cup. Lakers ain't winning the O'Brien. Angels are fucktards. And the Dodgers might get to the World Series, but will lose to Texas. And we still have no football team. But for the sake of the argument, let's pretend your shitstain Rams still play here. We know those assholes won't do anything in your lifetime.

How is it great to be an LA sports fan again?

Kings are dominating the playoffs and are the team to beat. You're an idiot if you cant see that. But hey, we know you are an idiot regardless.

Lakers should be up 2-1 and we will see how it turns out.

Dodgers are kicking ass and we will see how that turns out.

Right now.... it is great to be an LA sports fan. That you take offense to it... makes it even better! :lmao

Woooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooo!!!!!

midnightpulp
05-19-2012, 01:59 AM
I am convinced that cobbler is someone's troll. How you fall for this shit is beyond me. I guess you just really want any reason to hate the Lakers.

He's legit. Posted pics of the wheelchair basketball medal he won in the Para-Olympics.

I have a like/hate thing with cobbler. In real life, I have no doubt he's a good man, but his homerism is fuckin' intolerable at times. The Lakers could be down 20 with 30 seconds left in a game and he'd still have faith they'd somehow pull it out.

cobbler
05-19-2012, 02:00 AM

Yet you keep talking about me. Go figure!!!!

You are about as bright as the midget! Fucking moron.

Maybe you should join his committee and write up a bill!!! :lmao

midnightpulp
05-19-2012, 02:02 AM
Cobbler, bet me a 100.00 straight up on the series. I got OKC. You got your Lakers.

cobbler
05-19-2012, 02:03 AM
He's legit. Posted pics of the wheelchair basketball medal he won in the Para-Olympics.

I have a like/hate thing with cobbler. In real life, I have no doubt he's a good man, but his homerism is fuckin' intolerable at times. The Lakers could be down 20 with 30 seconds left in a game and he'd still have faith they'd somehow pull it out.

Kills ya don't it? I totally admit I am a complete homer. It's what being a fan is all about in my book.

Catch you tomorrow after the game...

A W is a W!!!!!!!

midnightpulp
05-19-2012, 02:03 AM
Kills ya don't it? I totally admit I am a complete homer. It's what being a fan is all about in my book.

Catch you tomorrow after the game...

A W is a W!!!!!!!

Let's throw some money down.

cobbler
05-19-2012, 02:06 AM
Cobbler, bet me a 100.00 straight up on the series. I got OKC. You got your Lakers.

My money is already in the pot Midjet. How many times do I have to tell you that? You had your chance. You refused. I told you then it was a last chance and it was. I am not betting you no matter how many times you bring it up. Good luck to your Spurs tomorrow. I hope they sweep the Clips!

cobbler
05-19-2012, 02:10 AM
Im outta here. Been a long day and two more trips this weekend to the big city ahead.

And come on Mid... you have to give the Kings some credit. They have been dominant and very exciting to watch. I would take a sweep of the Lakers by the Spurs if it meant a Cup win! Been a long long time!

midnightpulp
05-19-2012, 02:11 AM
Im outta here. Been a long day and two more trips this weekend to the big city ahead.

And come on Mid... you have to give the Kings some credit. They have been dominant and very exciting to watch. I would take a sweep of the Lakers by the Spurs if it meant a Cup win! Been a long long time!

Not much of a hockey fan but I'm on the bandwagon.

DeadlyDynasty
05-19-2012, 02:13 AM
I would take a sweep of the Lakers by the Spurs if it meant a Cup win!

...tha fuck?

midnightpulp
05-19-2012, 02:16 AM
...tha fuck?

The Kings are kind of like the NHL version of the Bills. I'm sure you'd exchange a Lakers sweep for a Bills Superbowl win.

DeadlyDynasty
05-19-2012, 02:18 AM
The Kings are kind of like the NHL version of the Bills. I'm sure you'd exchange a Lakers sweep for a Bills Superbowl win.

I'd sell my unborn child for a Bills SB win...i just didnt think hockey had a devout following down there.

cobbler
05-19-2012, 02:19 AM
@ Venti... No trolling here. I am just a lifetime Laker fan that was going to games long before you were even born. Homer? Absolutely and proud of it!

I have one account and one sign on here. Veryify it with Kori if you wish. I am not into all the trolling crap and quite honestly don't see the point in why you idiots have to create multiple users so you can trick other guys on a internet forum. I know it's a lot of your guys lives and so be it. Not my style.

And to be quite honest, it's not real difficult to get people here to look foolish even with one username. Looked in the mirror lately? :lmao

Spur_Fanatic
05-19-2012, 02:21 AM
cobbler and Kool showed up! Once the game was over, of course.

cobbler
05-19-2012, 02:23 AM
...tha fuck?

Well, I am not a Spurs hater. I actually have a lot of respect for their organization and their acomplishments. And I have been a die hard Kings fan for 40 years and since we have 16 titles already I would definetly give up a Laker title for the Cup.

But thats irrelavent and just hypothetical. I think I'll take 17* and the Cup in the same year!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!

cobbler
05-19-2012, 02:27 AM
cobbler and Kool showed up! Once the game was over, of course.

I am always a hour or more after the games in LA as I actually have a life and go to them. And even if I didnt, I most definetly don't feel the need to sit on a forum and chit chat with a bunch of losers as the game is being played.

Carry on...

See ya tomorrow!

WIN!!!!!

Bill_Brasky
05-19-2012, 02:31 AM
No hiding. Posted after every game of the playoffs that I have been in town win or lose. I actually have a life and actually go to the games unlike you losers who sit in your moms den and post on the internet during games.

Big WIN!!!!!

Gonna be funny when you disappear along with the Lakers from these playoffs.

Spur_Fanatic
05-19-2012, 02:32 AM
I am always a hour or more after the games in LA as I actually have a life and go to them. And even if I didnt, I most definetly don't feel the need to sit on a forum and chit chat with a bunch of losers as the game is being played.

Carry on...

See ya tomorrow... if the Lakers win

WIN!!!!!

Fixed.

So... you just sit on a forum and chit chat with a bunch of losers when the Lakers win, but not when the Lakers lose?

Makes sense.

DJ Mbenga
05-19-2012, 02:34 AM
Let's throw some money down.

they were calling breathing fouls all night jwhistle had himself a run and he didnt even play the whole game. neither team wanted to adjust, since playoff basketball like the memphis clips series was fouls as much before they call it.
anyways nigga, you happy gordon is being sent down?

cobbler
05-19-2012, 04:16 AM
Fixed.

So... you just sit on a forum and chit chat with a bunch of losers when the Lakers win, but not when the Lakers lose?

Makes sense.

I know you are not the sharpest tool in the shed but do you get anything right? I said I don't chit chat during the games. I have been here after every playoff game this year when I wasn't away on vacation. I came on and congratulated the Nuggets fans after each loss. Seriously, you never fail to look the fool.

But hey, why bother with facts when you are hating? :wow

And tonight wasn't chit chatting. It was pure gloating and getting the moronic haters to respond. Thank you for complying! :lmao

ambchang
05-19-2012, 06:33 AM
6-2 run to end the game in order to win by three points, all on FTs.

Impressive.

Killakobe81
05-19-2012, 06:57 AM
and now they suddenly get 38 attempts (leaving out the 4 intentional fouls at the end of the game)?

Oh, I know. They were more aggressive tonight because they were energized and at home, that's why they had a whopping 30 points in the paint compared to OKC's 40.

Oh, I know. It's justified because :cry "OKC gets soooo many bullshit calls it was about time the Lakers got some of their own" :cry. In the first game OKC had 29 attempts in a fast paced game that was a blowout. In game 2, they had the same amount of attempts as the Lakers. Spin it all you want, this series was called fairly for both teams until tonight's rig job.

Bottom line is the NBA needs this series to go at least 6 games (which means another game in LA and more ratings) and did everything humanly possible to tips things in that direction.

Now, Lakers fans, I'm not suggesting you apologize for the win or feel ashamed. By all means, gloat. I know when Stern suspended Amare and Diaw, I threw it in the faces of dipshit Suns fans over on the ESPN boards. And when they inevitably would respond with, "How can you be proud of winning a rigged series?" I would say, "Winning feels good. I'll take 'em anyway I can."

But if any Laker fan thinks that game was anything but a fuckin' farce, then kill yourselves immediately.
Lol so is Mid saying we were "due"? Great point how come we only got 15 fts when we pounding the rock inside? 15 FTA not 40 is the travesty.

Koolaid_Man
05-19-2012, 10:18 AM
This is why I love Kobe so dearly :lol he has a pointed message for Midget, BR Hornet, Leeks, Tyson, Spur fan, Mav fan, Heat fan, the EC, and ST Mgmt :lol

“I don’t give a [fuck] what you say,” Bryant told Yahoo! Sports late Friday. “If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [fuck] you.

“Because I don’t play for your [fucking] approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That’s what I play for. Most of the time, when guys feel the pressure, they’re worried about what people might say about them. I don’t have that fear, and it enables me to forget bad plays and to take shots and play my game."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kobe-bryant-embraces-moment--saves-lakers--season-with-game-3-win-over-thunder.html;_ylt=ArvFfqQsncZGqHeB97aceta8vLYF

JamStone
05-19-2012, 10:39 AM
6-2 run to end the game in order to win by three points, all on FTs.

Impressive.

First two of those 6 FTs came off two consecutive Lakers offensive rebounds. Effort.

Second set came when Artest forced Durant into a turnover. Defense.

Last set was obviously intentional to stop the clock in a 1 point game. Clutch.

I agree. Impressive. That's how you ice a close game in the playoffs.

TampaDude
05-19-2012, 11:25 AM
7-game series, please. :toast

ElNono
05-19-2012, 12:38 PM
cobbler with like 10 posts... let me guess, Lakers won! :lol

ElNono
05-19-2012, 12:41 PM
As far as the OP, I would normally think it was one of those fluke games, and unlikely to happen again (how often do you see a team scoring almost half their points from the freebie line?), but this is the Lakeshow at Staples, so I wouldn't be surprised if the league decides this is what it has to do to make it look like a "tough out".

DeadlyDynasty
05-19-2012, 12:53 PM
lol ambchang

LnGrrrR
05-19-2012, 12:55 PM

I said that I would take a Cup win after the C's got bounced. It worked out for me. :lol

Spur_Fanatic
05-19-2012, 01:29 PM
I know you are not the sharpest tool in the shed but do you get anything right? I said I don't chit chat during the games. I have been here after every playoff game this year when I wasn't away on vacation. I came on and congratulated the Nuggets fans after each loss. Seriously, you never fail to look the fool.

But hey, why bother with facts when you are hating? :wow

And tonight wasn't chit chatting. It was pure gloating and getting the moronic haters to respond. Thank you for complying! :lmao

Bullshit. It's just funny how you get back and pretend to be a be a real fan.

But hey, feel free to say otherwise. This post totallly makes you a legit fan, for sure. And few people talk during the game, just after it, when game is practially in garbage time, or when something weird happened. Or during halftimes... Ok, so yeah, a lot of people are here during the game.

midnightpulp
05-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Lol so is Mid saying we were "due"? Great point how come we only got 15 fts when we pounding the rock inside? 15 FTA not 40 is the travesty.

Because the playoffs are supposed to be physical. And now that Gasol primarily plays from the midrange, Bynum is really the only guy who plays inside. Aside from him, the Lakers are a jumpshooting team save for the occasional Kobe/Artest post up. I got no prob with Drew living at the line. Bigs are supposed to. But 18FTA for Kobe, who hasn't driven the lane since '08, is ridiculous.

cobbler
05-19-2012, 04:33 PM
cobbler with like 10 posts... let me guess, Lakers won! :lol

You really need to get some new material Nono. Been here after losses as well. Difference between you and me though is I congratulate the opposing fans and their team for the wins and all you guys do is whine and blame the refs, media, injuries or whatever to support your hatred. Pretty sad to be honest.

And then when you have no actual facts to base your opinions you morons resort to the personal attacks on my disability as if that is going to upset me which is comical. I simply laugh at you cause I know then that you can't hang. And guys like spur fanatic are just sheep that mimic your lame "oh lakes must have won" BS.

I'll give you guys this, you sure are entertaining and amuse me to no end. Thank you for letting me get under your skin so easily and making me a topic of conversation everytime I post. WIN/WIN!!!!! :lmao

cobbler
05-19-2012, 04:45 PM
Because the playoffs are supposed to be physical. And now that Gasol primarily plays from the midrange, Bynum is really the only guy who plays inside. Aside from him, the Lakers are a jumpshooting team save for the occasional Kobe/Artest post up. I got no prob with Drew living at the line. Bigs are supposed to. But 18FTA for Kobe, who hasn't driven the lane since '08, is ridiculous.

Funny how there is no talk about the disparity of FT's in game one! Or that the Thunder only got 16 or so in game two and 28 last night. Kobe is maybe the most adept SG to ever play at getting the defender to bite on the pump fake and draw the foul. Get over it. Does he get a few gimmies like all superstars. Most definetly. Just like Harden got his freebies last night too. He was at the line at the same clip Kobe was. Go figure. Blaming the refs is and and always will be a bitch move. Simple as that.

My hats off to the coach of OKC... No whiney bitch there.

"We fouled too many times," Brooks said. "That's the bottom line. Forty-two is a high number.

"We were using our hands. Fouling too much."

"We put them on the line," Oklahoma City coach Scott Brooks said. "We can't do that. Down the stretch, you have to defend them without fouling and rebound the basketball. Unfortunately, we came up short."

midnightpulp
05-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Funny how there is no talk about the disparity of FT's in game one! Or that the Thunder only got 16 or so in game two and 28 last night. Kobe is maybe the most adept SG to ever play at getting the defender to bite on the pump fake and draw the foul. Get over it. Does he get a few gimmies like all superstars. Most definetly. Just like Harden got his freebies last night too. He was at the line at the same clip Kobe was. Go figure. Blaming the refs is and and always will be a bitch move. Simple as that.

My hats off to the coach of OKC... No whiney bitch there.

"We fouled too many times," Brooks said. "That's the bottom line. Forty-two is a high number.

"We were using our hands. Fouling too much."

"We put them on the line," Oklahoma City coach Scott Brooks said. "We can't do that. Down the stretch, you have to defend them without fouling and rebound the basketball. Unfortunately, we came up short."

Brooks doesn't want to get fined for calling out Stern's henchman.

Lakers were gifted that game. Plain and simple.