PDA

View Full Version : So about the referees...

Venti Quattro
05-19-2012, 05:50 PM
The Thunder shot 69 more freethrows at home against the Lakers in 2010. 69 in 3 games. They averaged 23 more attempts per game in Games 3, 4 and 6.

How many attempts advantage did the Lakers have yesterday? 14.

So yeah, the fix is in............

ElNono
05-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Why cherry pick on 2010 when there's a series going on right now, with these players?

DMC
05-19-2012, 05:57 PM
The Thunder shot 69 more freethrows at home against the Lakers in 2010. 69 in 3 games. They averaged 23 more attempts per game in Games 3, 4 and 6.

How many attempts advantage did the Lakers have yesterday? 14.

So yeah, the fix is in............

The excuses started pouring in before anyone pointed it out. That's an admission of guilt.

It is what it is.

midnightpulp
05-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Gasol was really your only interior player back then as Bynum wasn't used much in the post and I remember legions of Lakers fans calling him "Gasoft" because he was settling for the jumper more, whereas OKC did nothing but attack the rim.

Lakers got gifted one last night. But like I said, embrace the hate and laugh at our bitching.

LkrFan
05-19-2012, 05:59 PM
The Lakers should have shot more FTs tbh. When are they gonna call even one moving screen on Porkins? KG taught him well. Dark shades of 2008 Finals. SMDH

Paranoid Pop
05-19-2012, 06:01 PM
Good point, tbh I'm not sure which team I'd rather see in the WCF. Originally I was more afraid of the Lakers because Bynum could tire/maul Tim in a 7 game series but he's getting owned so badly that I'm not sure anymore.

midnightpulp
05-19-2012, 06:01 PM
The Lakers should have shot more FTs tbh. When are they gonna call even one moving screen on Porkins? KG taught him well. Dark shades of 2008 Finals. SMDH

Where you been? Refs hardly call moving screens in the playoffs. The post-season, as we're constantly told, is supposed to be "physical," unless you're Kobe Bryant getting innumerable bullshit touch fouls on the perimeter.

Venti Quattro
05-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Yeah that too, let's not forget the Oklahoma Blatant Moving Screens training camp that they hold every game.

DMC
05-19-2012, 06:02 PM
I don't think Bynum got called for a single foul.

LkrFan
05-19-2012, 06:09 PM
Where you been? Refs hardly call moving screens in the playoffs. The post-season, as we're constantly told, is supposed to be "physical," unless you're Kobe Bryant getting innumerable bullshit touch fouls on the perimeter.

If they call those, KD don't get loose from MWP - which favors LA. We can't be having that now, can we? :rolleyes

midnightpulp
05-19-2012, 06:12 PM
If they call those, KD don't get loose from MWP - which favors LA. We can't be having that now, can we? :rolleyes

Still thinking that sack of shit can guard Durant. :lol

Durant's torched that cocksucker this series.

Spur_Fanatic
05-19-2012, 06:16 PM

I admit it...

This. Besides, Lakers should have more FTs than OKC, which is more of a jump shooting team.

LkrFan
05-19-2012, 06:44 PM
I admit it...

This. Besides, Lakers should have more FTs than OKC, which is more of a jump shooting team.

You have integrity. That is rare these days - with mid being a shining example of what is wrong with today's society. Props son. :tu

midnightpulp
05-19-2012, 06:46 PM
You have integrity. That is rare these days - with mid being a shining example of what is wrong with today's society. Props son. :tu

He has integrity because he happens to believe in your version of the truth? :lmao

Hitler also thought his SS underlings had "integrity."

(BTW, don't underestimate the fact that Spur_Fanatic might be trolling.)

DeadlyDynasty
05-19-2012, 06:49 PM
I don't give a good goddamn if artest is murdering people on the court and stern is putting the sheenie curse on the thunder. All that matters is scoreboard...the mentally weak whiners can cry about how they got there, but scoreboard is endgame.

Suck my dick.

LkrFan
05-19-2012, 06:51 PM
I mean look at our 1st-4th options (Kobe, Pau, Bynum, MWP). They all like to post up where high percentage shots are made. Our offense is supposed to be an inside-outside offense. The strength of OKC's defense is the interior with Porkins and Ibaka. If we keep going to the post, why would anyone in their right mind not think that fouls won't result? Since we know what I'm saying is true, it is a shame that I have to point out the obvious. Even their coach admitted that they fouled too much.

Here's a hint about my Lakers: when the going gets rough (i.e. down 0-2), more often than not, they will go to the post. We have 4 players that can get it done down there (with varying results). This puts the onus on the refs to make calls. In a few hours we will see the same thing. Again.

midnightpulp
05-19-2012, 06:55 PM
I don't give a good goddamn if artest is murdering people on the court and stern is putting the sheenie curse on the thunder. All that matters is scoreboard...the mentally weak whiners can cry about how they got there, but scoreboard is endgame.

Suck my dick.

Spoken like a man.

midnightpulp
05-19-2012, 07:06 PM
I mean look at our 1st-4th options (Kobe, Pau, Bynum, MWP). They all like to post up where high percentage shots are made. Our offense is supposed to be an inside-outside offense. The strength of OKC's defense is the interior with Porkins and Ibaka. If we keep going to the post, why would anyone in their right mind not think that fouls won't result? Since we know what I'm saying is true, it is a shame that I have to point out the obvious. Even their coach admitted that they fouled too much.

Here's a hint about my Lakers: when the going gets rough (i.e. down 0-2), more often than not, they will go to the post. We have 4 players that can get it done down there (with varying results). This puts the onus on the refs to make calls. In a few hours we will see the same thing. Again.

I got no problems with Bynum living at the line. Gasol is more in the Bosh role these days by being a midrange threat that spaces the floor, and his FT attempts reflect that. Lol at implying Artest posting up is a regular occurrence. Your offense needs all the shooters it can get and Artest basically camps out at the 3 point line now. He sometimes posts up, and again, his FT attempts reflect that.

But 18 fuckin' attempts for a perimeter player who hardly drives to the rim is ludicrous.

Half his freethrow attempts came in the penalty and were not shooting fouls. They were the bullshit touch variety that's been called at an alarming rate for perimeter players since the rule changes. You can take off an interior player's head in the paint with no call, but as soon as you slightly bump a perimeter superstar, the whistle is blown.

Kidd K
05-19-2012, 08:09 PM
Neither Lakers nor Thunder fans can complain about calls or lackthereof because both teams are in the top 3 for getting bogus calls in favor of them along with the Heat. There's no point in either fanbase arguing about it since they've been the beneficiary of so many favorably called games in the last few years.

Is that some kind of joke? The refs gave the Lakers two games against the Spurs right before those finals. LA got 90% of the calls in the last 15 minutes or so to come back in game 1, and swallowed their whistles on Fisher tackling Brent Barry in game 4 when he should've gotten FTAs (worst non call I've ever seen).

Can't cry about a lack of calls in the Finals when the Lakers got fixed into the Finals to begin with.

DPG21920
05-19-2012, 08:11 PM

Suck my dick.

Go Lakers!

Spur_Fanatic
05-19-2012, 09:27 PM
He has integrity because he happens to believe in your version of the truth? :lmao

(BTW, don't underestimate the fact that Spur_Fanatic might be trolling.)

No troll attempt or jinx. I truly believe, that in a fairly officiated game, Lakers should have more FT's than the Thunder 8 out of 10 times.

Now, don't quote me if in the next game Lakers end up with 40 more FT's than the Thunder.

Venti Quattro
05-19-2012, 09:30 PM

On an unrelated note, the German Army staff almost overthrew Hitler. Imagine if they actually were able to do that.

Spur_Fanatic
05-19-2012, 09:41 PM
I think mid just called me an SS officer.
Funny thing, I'm in Argentina right now.

mid, let's be realistic: The Lakers are a play-in-the-paint-team (better said, they should be, but sometimes are terrible at it). They should be getting calls. At least more than the Thunder. If the Thunder want calls, they can easily get them, and more than the Lakers, if they just drived to the paint often, like Harden did.