PDA

View Full Version : Thunder or Lakers tonight?

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Lakers win = the series then becomes guaranteed to go at least 6 games, while the Spurs could conceivably sweep the Clippers tomorrow and get quite a few days of rest back home in San Antonio. I also think OKC would be resilient enough to claim Game 5 at home anyway, and they'd be wearier as they came into San Antonio for the WCF.

Thunder win = Lakers are one step closer to being eliminated, enough said.

DMC
05-19-2012, 05:56 PM
I think the Thunder win tonight. Younger team, b2b, damn near won last night. Unless Lakers shoot 40 FTs again, it's going back to OKC 3-1. I want a 7 game series though.

Spurtacus
I hope the Thunder win. With the exception of two minutes I feel the Lakers have been the better team.

Jimcs50
Lakers win = the series then becomes guaranteed to go at least 6 games, while the Spurs could conceivably sweep the Clippers tomorrow and get quite a few days of rest back home in San Antonio. I also think OKC would be resilient enough to claim Game 5 at home anyway, and they'd be wearier as they came into San Antonio for the WCF.

Thunder win = Lakers are one step closer to being eliminated, enough said.

Have 3 team parlay bet.

Had Spurs -5

Have Thunder +3

Have Pacers +3

$50 to win $300

ginobilized
05-19-2012, 06:01 PM
Definitely...Thunder or Lakers

Does it really matter?

TampaDude
05-19-2012, 06:03 PM
Lakers. I want that series to go at least 6 games.

mVp
05-19-2012, 06:09 PM
I fucking hate the Lakers, but I hope they win tonight, I want this to go 7 games, a couple of overtimes would be sweet too :lol

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-19-2012, 06:18 PM
I'm still not sure who I want to ultimately prevail in the OKC-LAL series. I think OKC would be a more formidable opponent for the Spurs in the WCF, but if the Spurs were to lose to the Lakers in the WCF, that would be utterly agonizing.

There are few things sweeter than the Spurs beating the Lakers in the playoffs. There are few things worse than the Spurs losing to the Lakers in the playoffs.

100%duncan
05-19-2012, 06:21 PM
I just want the series to go longer. Fuck whoever we face the next round.

Jimcs50
05-19-2012, 06:24 PM
I just want the series to go longer. Fuck whoever we face the next round.

If Spurs finish up tomorow, then I want Thunder to win in 6, that way I get to see Spurs in person next weekend, cuz they will be home on a weekend for first time.

capek
05-19-2012, 06:25 PM
I hate the Lakers a much as the next self-respecting Spurs fan, but all I really care about is what's best for the Spurs. In this case, that's the teams on the other side of the bracket playing a tough, extended series. So I'm hoping the Lakers win tonight. But a Thunder win would be fun for the lulz

ViceCity86
05-19-2012, 06:27 PM
Spurs are beating either team in 5 games

Knoxxx
05-19-2012, 06:27 PM
We'll carve either of the some bitches up. That said, Lakers tonight, but OKC in 6.

OKC will be harder to sweep, and I don't want it to get boring. Nor do we want to set on our ass too long waiting for WC finals.

Keepin' it real
05-19-2012, 06:31 PM
Thunder. Let's get the WCF started in SA next weekend!

Typical London Boy
05-19-2012, 06:35 PM
Lakers. I want that series to go at least 6 games.

This.

If push came to shove, I'd rather face the Lakers this time around, as they don't appear as intimidating as OKC.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-19-2012, 08:52 PM
We'll carve either of the some bitches up. That said, Lakers tonight, but OKC in 6.

OKC will be harder to sweep, and I don't want it to get boring. Nor do we want to set on our ass too long waiting for WC finals.

The 8-day break between the Jazz and Clippers didn't seem to faze the Spurs. They did come out slightly slow in Game 1 though, so maybe we can't discount rust entirely, but I don't think this Spurs team has any concerns about disrupting their momentum.

spurraider21
05-19-2012, 08:55 PM
I'm still shaking at the thought of the Jazz big lineup. Don't have time to worry about Lakers/Thunder

Beaverfuzz
05-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Thunder

Jumi
05-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Thunder

The Lakers would be a different animal in the WCFwith a trip to the finals at stake! Alot of inside, outside and honestly I don't wanna deal with that shit! Give me the jumpshooters!

-21-
05-19-2012, 10:20 PM
I'll be rooting for the Thunder.

I'd rather face the Thunder in the WCF. We match up well against them, they're a jumpshooting team that doesn't move the ball well, and they're just average defensively. The Lakers are pretty much the opposite of what I said. Their bigs are a matchup problem, they have a good in and out game, and defensively they're really good.

-21-
05-19-2012, 10:20 PM
I'll be rooting for the Thunder.

I'd rather face the Thunder in the WCF. We match up well against them, they're a jumpshooting team that doesn't move the ball well, and they're just average defensively. The Lakers are pretty much the opposite of what I said. Their bigs are a matchup problem, they have a good in and out game, and defensively they're really good.

Budkin
05-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Thunder. Kobe Bynum and Gasol could pose huge problems for us especially if they get rolling. If you want to feel better though, look at both their coaches.

Mr. Body
05-19-2012, 11:23 PM
If this game ends up with a LAL win, the series looks like it will go 7 games, with each of the first six going to the home team. Lakers are doing a better job exploiting their matchups and giving Thunder real problems.

Splits
05-19-2012, 11:24 PM
http://images.wildammo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/douche.gif