PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant is clutch/How Spurs will guard him

BatManu20
05-20-2012, 12:13 AM
Looks like a Spurs-Thunder matchup for the WC Finals. Durant has been clutch throughout the playoffs. How do you guys see us guarding him? Leonard will most of the time, but do you think we'll do what LA did tonight and basically just help over anytime Westbrook or Durant have the ball? Their lack of a post game allows this (After we finish up the clips, of course)

TDMVPDPOY
05-20-2012, 12:19 AM
lol ibtl perm ban

bulakenyo
05-20-2012, 12:28 AM
Face guarding/deny any ball reception all night.

When he touches the ball, it's going to be tough. Long and lanky, soft touch SOB.

outmap
05-20-2012, 04:11 AM
We have a Kawhi.

Dingle Barry
05-20-2012, 04:30 AM
He will score. Shutting down Westbrook to some degree will be a major focus.

SpursIndonesia
05-20-2012, 05:14 AM
Bait Westchuck to shoot the mid range jumper all night long, the lesser of evil & won't be as clutch as his tall, slim, and deadly forward comrade.

wut
05-20-2012, 08:21 AM
tbh I don't think we do stop Durant....just have to shut out the rest of the guys and hope it doesn't come down to a final shot with the ball in his hands.

TampaDude
05-20-2012, 08:25 AM
tbh I don't think we do stop Durant....just have to shut out the rest of the guys and hope it doesn't come down to a final shot with the ball in his hands.

Yup...let Durant get his and shut down everyone else as much as we can. KD is awesome, but he can't beat us all by himself.

biskvito
05-20-2012, 08:31 AM
if I knew I'd be COY

Josepatches_
05-20-2012, 09:09 AM
Lakers suck.OKC aren't so great.

We'll be up by 10+ points at the end of the games so who cares if Durant is clutch

buttsR4rebounding
05-20-2012, 09:31 AM
Lakers suck.OKC aren't so great.

We'll be up by 10+ points at the end of the games so who cares if Durant is clutch

+1...although I will say the Lakers appeared to have some success last night running what looked like a triangle and 2 defense.

ap9
05-20-2012, 09:32 AM
Kawahi to rescue

tesseractive
05-20-2012, 09:33 AM
We have a Kawhi.

Dr Cox
05-20-2012, 09:39 AM
If Leonard plays Durant well this series he will get a lot of national media attention. I love it :hat

Horse
05-20-2012, 10:42 AM
If they play like they have the last 3 games we will sweep them too.

Venti Quattro
05-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Durant will figure Kuwait Lenard in a seven-game series. What needs to be given to him is a steady mix of defensive looks.

Mugen
05-20-2012, 10:53 AM
The Durant Stopper

http://theringbball.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/westbrook.gif

DatBoyGood
05-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Durant is going to get his points no matter what...we just gotta shut down westbrook and harden.

CGD
05-20-2012, 11:16 AM
It seemed like the times we played them this year, we were baiting Westbrook to beat us. And by the time the Thunder tried to incorporate Durant, he struck me as out of rhythm. It kind of reminded me of the way we used to play Kobe in the past, which helped disrupt the Laker post game.

8FOR!3
05-20-2012, 11:35 AM
I think for better or worse Green and Ginobili will guard Harden. Kawhi and Jax will likely be stuck on Durant but if it was me I would put Kawhi on Westbrook some too to shut him down. But it all depends on how Durant plays. If he struggles at all with Kawhi guarding him you don't fix something that's not broke.

JRHernandez88
05-20-2012, 11:59 AM
The Durant Stopper

http://theringbball.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/westbrook.gif

Lmfao!!!:lol:toast

JRHernandez88
05-20-2012, 12:04 PM
I really want to see how Kawhi does on him though. This is his rookie season and Durant and The Thunder our the upcoming team in the west. I see a lot of battles in their future.:stirpot:

mike20spurs
05-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Win by 20. Clutch factor won't matter at this point.

spursfaninla
05-20-2012, 12:42 PM
Yesterday, Westbrook took 16 shots outside of the paint.

He made 9 of them.

I am not sure we want to just give Westbrooke the mid-range shot, because he appears to be making them pretty well.

I think we have to focus on limiting Westbrook and Harden. I think you let Durant score 40 and try to limit everyone else as much as possible with good team D.

It is going to be Parker and Green on Westbrook. Leonard and Sjax on Durant. It will be interesting to see if they try to hide Neal by having him guard the sg on the floor. If harden and Westbrook are both on the floor, I don't think you can afford neal on the floor.

ALVAREZ6
05-20-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm way more concerned about Westbrook. Parker isn't big enough and those we have that are, are not quick enough. It's going to come down to hoping they aren't hot.

ALVAREZ6
05-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Yesterday, Westbrook took 16 shots outside of the paint.

He made 9 of them.

I am not sure we want to just give Westbrooke the mid-range shot, because he appears to be making them pretty well.

I think we have to focus on limiting Westbrook and Harden. I think you let Durant score 40 and try to limit everyone else as much as possible with good team D.

It is going to be Parker and Green on Westbrook. Leonard and Sjax on Durant. It will be interesting to see if they try to hide Neal by having him guard the sg on the floor. If harden and Westbrook are both on the floor, I don't think you can afford neal on the floor.

Westbrook has much improved. I must say I give him respect, and I've been a Westbrook basher for his immaturity and decision making. But he is figured it out and he is a great fucking player. Very hard to stop him because he's going to get his shots. He is going to get to the rim and the picks are going to get him jumpers. In Game 1, he was knocking every jumper down it seemed. When he plays like that, the Thunder are very tough to beat and I must say I'm concerned.

Durant is hard to stop, but I feel ok knowing we have Kawhi. He's long and can contest his shots, somewhat. I'm much more worried about Westbrook exploding. This is when I become happy the Spurs snagged homecourt advantage. Well worth it this time around.

therealtruth
05-20-2012, 01:53 PM
We have the luxury of putting DG or KL on Westbrook and Durant.

GSH
05-20-2012, 01:55 PM
I'm way more concerned about Westbrook. Parker isn't big enough and those we have that are, are not quick enough. It's going to come down to hoping they aren't hot.

Yep. As good as Durant is, Westbrook is the engine if that team. Sonofabitch is fast, AND he can knock them down from mid-range. He opens the floor up for everyone else.

John_Carroll
05-20-2012, 01:59 PM
Looks like a Spurs-Thunder matchup for the WC Finals. Durant has been clutch throughout the playoffs. How do you guys see us guarding him? Leonard will most of the time, but do you think we'll do what LA did tonight and basically just help over anytime Westbrook or Durant have the ball? Their lack of a post game allows this (After we finish up the clips, of course)

Scott Brooks!? Is that you?

Stick around, there's a lot of good stuff here.

TD 21
05-20-2012, 07:08 PM
With the exception of Gay, I can't think of a star caliber or better player that Leonard has defended better than Durant this season. Between him and Jackson, they've got length to throw at him, in addition to mental toughness, which is always especially important when guarding elite scorers.

Leonard and Green are going to be huge defensively in this match-up. Green will have to guard Harden and even be the secondary Westbrook defender and both figure to regularly close games, as the Thunder almost always close with Durant at the four and definitely will against the Spurs.

lmbebo
05-20-2012, 08:23 PM
OKC is a tough match up.

They got plenty of bigs who can guard timmy (or just foul him).
Durant/Westbrook/Harden are a handful.

They're weakness is that they are primarily a jump shooting team and do not have much of a low post game. So in the half court, there offensive execution is basically 1 on 1s and throwing up jumpers.

EVAY
05-20-2012, 09:08 PM
We are going to have a problem with OKC, no doubt.

We can beat them in seven games, but it is not a given. It will be so much harder than anything we have faced so far.

People here are right that Westbrook can do more damage to Parker than anyone we have faced so far.

But I believe that we can win...but it may take 7 games.

PublicOption
05-20-2012, 09:20 PM
He will score. Shutting down Westbrook to some degree will be a major focus.

for some reason westbrook sucks when he has to play TP.

Bartleby
05-20-2012, 09:22 PM
The trick with Westbrook is to try to lure him into taking jump shots from about 17 feet and beyond. With the exception of Game 1 (which saw him taking fewer shots than usual) his accuracy from there drops off considerably.

But we may be getting ahead of ourselves here. After all, Gutierrez picked the Lakers to win it in 6.