PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if the Lakers are putting too much pressure on themselves.

flipcritic
05-20-2012, 12:29 AM
Not trying to start a fight. They led all the way in Games 2 and 4. Same result.

Thoughts from Laker fans?

ElNono
05-20-2012, 12:31 AM
tbqh, OKC has been on every game too... the only blowout was Game 1... KD hits that last minute 3 yesterday (like he did tonight) and it's a tied game... and we might be looking at a sweep right now

phyzik
05-20-2012, 12:33 AM
Not trying to start a fight. They where mediocre all season long.

I wonder if maybe they are an over-achieving shitty team that has no business in the second round.

thoughts from Laker Fans?

flipcritic
05-20-2012, 12:34 AM
When you look at games 2 and 4, you could say the Lakers had their way for most of the way. Game 3 was a scrapfest obviously. LA fought with nothing to lose. But when they're ahead, they struggle to keep the lead in the final minutes.

Not trying to take anything away from OKC. They've really been relentless.

mkurts
05-20-2012, 12:36 AM
No not at all - they just don't like to execute down the stretch and these fruitless Kobe isolation plays are killing this Lakers team, which already sucks really bad.

I would like to see the Lakers win in OKC to make this into a series, but I don't think so .... Bynum is just too soft and lazy while Gasol just pretends he's not there and does nothing. Not to mention Kobe makes nothing happen and is the 'non closer'.

No pressure on Lakers ... looks like they'll be happy going home early and enjoy some nice orgies in the offseason.

pass1st
05-20-2012, 12:38 AM
Lakers having a lead in the 4th is often times a bad sign, I don't know why but they relax too much and start choking away leads when it should be in the bag.

flipcritic
05-20-2012, 12:42 AM
Lakers having a lead in the 4th is often times a bad sign, I don't know why but they relax too much and start choking away leads when it should be in the bag.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I feel bad for Kobe. He's the only one with the killer instinct on this team. I really think fatigue is hitting him late.

Look at the minutes he's been logging. 38+ in the last 3 games. It's different when you're 34 years old, and have no one else who you can really defer to to take the pressure off on offense or defense.

ElNono
05-20-2012, 12:45 AM
I know I'm in the minority here, but I feel bad for Kobe. He's the only one with the killer instinct on this team. I really think fatigue is hitting him late.

Look at the minutes he's been logging. 38+ in the last 3 games. It's different when you're 34 years old, and have no one else who you can really defer to to take the pressure off on offense or defense.

This is because they had 55 games during the season to work on some team ball, and it never happened... you can blame that on coach potato head for running the Kobester 38mpg even in games that were already decided, and Kobe himself for record-chasing...

flipcritic
05-20-2012, 12:47 AM
This is because they had 55 games during the season to work on some team ball, and it never happened... you can blame that on coach potato head for running the Kobester 38mpg even in games that were already decided, and Kobe himself for record-chasing...

You're right about that. Mike Brown doesn't manage minutes well at all. But with a team like L.A. where they have to depend on Kobe, he might not have a choice.

We Spurs fans are lucky that we have a genius like Pop.

Spur_Fanatic
05-20-2012, 12:52 AM
Lakers depend too much on Kobe in the 4th.

No original plays. The roleplayers are terrible.

I keep laughing whenever Blake has the ball, makes some hand gestures pretending he is ordering some plays, and passes the ball to Kobe. Bynum is an idiot on defense. MWP is ok overall. Gasol can't initiate plays, gets the ball too far from the rim. Barnes is terrible on both sides. Jordan is ok, Lakers should keep him.

This team needs to get nuked. Now.