PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant appreciation thread

ChrisRichards
05-20-2012, 07:57 AM
He was great. One of the games purest scorer. Cold blooded killer. A true competitor. I enjoyed watching him. Loved criticizing him. Respected him.

Yesterday's game was the final seal to Kobe's career. He will still give us a glimpse next year. On some nights, he may even go retro on us and score 40 points in an entertaining mamba-like fashion. But its over. His long stint as one of the leagues best will forever be yesterdays news. There was no passing of the torch. Lebron took it 5 years ago and whatever little pride Kobe had in his body was snatched by Durant in under a minute last night. Its ok Laker fans. He rang. He won his MVP's. He scored like nobody else. He was immortal for a short while.

http://ballertainment.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Kobe_Bryant_back.jpg

I'm just sad that I won't ever see a Lebron/Wade-Kobe finals.

ezau
05-20-2012, 08:57 AM
I was actually sad when he missed that three-pointer. I used to see him will his team to victory but Durant showed the world that the clutch situation will be his for a long time. Props to the Black Mamba though.

ChrisRichards
05-20-2012, 09:31 AM
I was actually sad when he missed that three-pointer. I used to see him will his team to victory but Durant showed the world that the clutch situation will be his for a long time. Props to the Black Mamba though.
True. And to me its just not him. Its just the realization that the era of amazing basketball players I grew up watching is coming to an end. Iverson, CWebb, Shaq, Yao are gone. Nowitzki, Garnett, Duncan, Kobe, Nash, Pierce, Kidd, Carter and even Wade are close to their finish line.

I always root for the older guys. I can't stand these cocky young players like Westbrook, Harden, Griffin, Melo etc. I remember Jordan's Wizard days when a young Kobe was all up in his face. I think thats the first time I really hated Kobe. Funny how I share the sentiments now with the Black Mamba. I'm looking for a Rocky-esque finish but Kobe's movie ending is looking more like Charles Bronson's Death Wish V.

SpursIndonesia
05-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Talking about the young guns of the league, are they good enough to sustain the excellence built by the outgoing stars ?

I mean, we see Rose got injured quite severely, Chris Paul doesn't seem all that dominant after his injury, Deron Williams looks lost in New Jersey (got fat mind you), Dwight Howard got injured too. Heck, even the Heat seems more and more vulnerable as Wade & the supporting casts grow old (with the new CBA suffocating your team).

ChrisRichards
05-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Talking about the young guns of the league, are they good enough to sustain the excellence built by the outgoing stars ?

I mean, we see Rose got injured quite severely, Chris Paul doesn't seem all that dominant after his injury, Deron Williams looks lost in New Jersey (got fat mind you), Dwight Howard got injured too. Heck, even the Heat seems more and more vulnerable as Wade & the supporting casts grow old (with the new CBA suffocating your team).

The only players good enough to carry this torch are Durant, Lebron and perhaps Jeremy Lin. The rest are meh.

MattBonnerExperience
05-20-2012, 10:46 AM
Regardless of how I feel about him doing it Kobe is a killer, and anybody described that way is always good.He may be a high volume low effiency scorer but at age what, 36? He still constantly demands a double team and can catch fire at a moments notice. Kobe is an arragant asshole but that's what makes a good player. Kobe it was fun, and unfortunaly I doubt us sports fans will forget about you for a while.

Brazil
05-20-2012, 11:20 AM
I see what OP did here

Jodelo
05-20-2012, 11:37 AM
The only players good enough to carry this torch are Durant, Lebron and perhaps Jeremy Lin. The rest are meh.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao