PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant is the same selfish ballhog he's been his entire career

VivaPopovich
05-20-2012, 09:59 AM
The only thing worse than those crazy, awful, selfish jump shots he keeps chucking away even though they don't go in is the fact that he and all his fans are in total denial about his selfishness.

He's the same ballhog he's been since the Lakers drafted him and he kept shooting airballs in the first round against Utah. He wasn't "forced" into taking tough shots, those were shots he would completely disrupt the team for just to get isolation shots for himself, which he isn't even as good at doing anymore since now he has to post up, putting his bigs out of place.

But of course, there would have been nothing wrong with him taking awful contested selfish shots if he were making those shots, thats at least Laker logic.

Considering how arrogant and juvenile most of their fanbase and players have been for the past 12-14 years, they deserve everything that's coming to them now. That guy Mike Brown is no better of a coach than Vinny Del Negro, modestly better than Kurt Rhambis, which isn't good enough to win a championship.

If you want your precious Kobe to win another championship you guys better try to get Phil Jackson back next season, cause in your eyes his selfishness is justified if their winning games.

Cause if they don't make that coaching change get ready to go through this every year, and there's nothing that Kobe, Mike Brown, Jim Buss, or Dwight Howard can do about it.

AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE
CAUSE VIVAPOPOVICH SAID SO!

:flag:

Axe Murderer
05-20-2012, 10:07 AM
:lmao Spurfans so obsessed with Kobe.

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-20-2012, 10:12 AM
:lmao GNSF who was jizzed off this site years ago coming back once the Spurs are good again to talk about Kobe

MattBonnerExperience
05-20-2012, 10:26 AM
:lol thinking mike brown is as bad a coach as VDN

ChrisRichards
05-20-2012, 10:33 AM
At least he's true to himself. I don;' think he ever denied that he's a scorer and is always on attack mode. He rang 5 times. He gets a pass.

spursfan1000
05-20-2012, 10:37 AM
Is there really a raptors fan on here? Lolz

JamStone
05-20-2012, 10:42 AM
I don't think too many people argue that he's not a chucker, not anymore at least. He is what he is. And he'll very likely always be that way until he retires. That's who he is. There are far more selfish chuckers in pro athletes than there are unselfish team guys. Usually, the great players have at least some level of selfish chucker in them. It's that desire to be great and to want to be in that moment. Kobe has failed and failed a lot and failed miserably at times. That's part of burden when a player wants to be great, failing and being able to take on the criticism when you do fail. Kobe has never shied away from that.

It's not that his selfish chucking is acceptable. But at some point, you just understand that's what he is. If he never ever had any success, then he'd be buried by Laker fans. But because despite the selfish chucking, he's been a part of 5 different championships, there's some tolerance of the way he plays. That's just how it is.

BlackSwordsMan
05-20-2012, 10:42 AM
Interesting points, OP.

ChrisRichards
05-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Also, Phil Jackson is not going to fix this team. His successful tenure with the Kobe led Lakers have passed. This Lakers team a new direction and some new pieces.

Fabbs
05-20-2012, 11:16 AM
That's part of burden when a player wants to be great, failing and being able to take on the criticism when you do fail. Kobe has never shied away from that.
Are you kidding us?

per BSPN:
While Gasol didn't attempt a shot in the final period, Bryant was 2-for-10, missing both of his 3-point attempts. Bryant said the shots he took late in the game were out of necessity with his teammates, Gasol in particular, not being aggressive enough.

"The shots that I took were tough shots," Bryant said. "I was forced to take tough shots and they didn't fall for me tonight. I made a couple, I felt like I got fouled on a couple and didn't get the whistle but still they were tough looks. So either we have to free myself up to get better looks in the fourth quarter or other guys have to be aggressive, one or the other."