PDA

View Full Version : I...

MannyIsGod
06-22-2005, 10:52 PM
Wish...

That tomorrow the SBC center would be filled with fans from Spurstalk as opposed to the fans that can afford 200 dollar tickets. True homecourt advantage would come from that, not from the less than incredibly loud SBC Center we are likely to have.

Hope...

That Manu and Tim will rise to the occasion. These finals are the kind of championship series that define legends. Both of them have a chance to go down as greats in the history of the NBA, but tomorrow will go a long way to determining just how great they are going to be. By no means will a loss destine them to mediocrity, but a win will amost guarntee greatness that few have ever seen. Legends do not wait to be made, they make themselves.

Wish...

That the Spurs had a chance at blowing Detroit out of the water in the first quater and making this one of the more boring game 7s in history. God knows my heart could use a break.

Hope....

That the Spurs will come out and give it their all for an entire 48 minutes. I strongly believe that the Spurs have the potential to be one of the greatest teams in the history of the game, but they need to execture and play smartly for an entire game. They have more than enough potential to play the type of game that Detroit has played lately: flawless. I hope they can reach deep down and find that in themselves.

Wish....

That we had consisent refing the entire playoffs so we would know what to expect. But unfortunetly, we've had to deal with one set of calls one night, and an entirely different set of calls another night. Over the course of a series these calls usually even out for each team, but over the course of one night it can totally throw one teams game because neither team knows what to expect untill the calls are actually being made.

Hope...

That the Spurs can play through any bad calls. I don't want to see Duncan asking for a double dribble that never even happend while Billups drains one of his many treys in front of him. You can't control the refs with any amount of bitching, so the best course of action is simply to focus on what you can control and take care of business.

ducks
06-22-2005, 10:53 PM
Pistons Blew Out The Heat In Game 7 Of That Series
Lets Do That To The Pistons In The Finals

slayermin
06-22-2005, 10:55 PM
I'm not picky. Just win, baby.

2centsworth
06-22-2005, 10:56 PM
imagine spurstalk courtside, that would be true homecourt advantage.

Spurs_Fan_Nineteen
06-22-2005, 11:02 PM
I feel confident that we will come out and win tomorrow. Somehow I see the Pistons playing a bit too comfortably and the Spurs pushing them to the limit. At least...that's what I hope will happen. I still have my faith.

GO SPURS GO

baseline bum
06-22-2005, 11:11 PM
The SBC Center crowd is some sorry motherfuckers. You're more pussy than RuPaul.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-22-2005, 11:18 PM
I said before the finals started that Manu would do something amazing, tomorrow would be a great time for that to come true.

blaze89
06-23-2005, 12:05 AM
The SBC Center crowd is some sorry motherfuckers. You're more pussy than RuPaul.

What would you expect when most of the loud fans are pushed out in favor of corporate execs who are entertaining clients ordering Sushi (got that from Don Harris extra point)

Here's the editorial:

Don's Extra Point
by Don Harris
Ticket 760 Sports on News 4 WOAI

The Spurs did their job in game five. Can you?

I hate to say it Spurs fans, but you're getting beat. Not like a one-point thriller in game five, but more like a 30-plus point loss in game four.

Now before you e-mail and start cussing me out, let me explain.

During the NBA Finals this year, Detroit wasn't a gym; it was an asylum. The public address guy is just the start. They had fire, literally. The fans stood most of the game - like Aggies at Kyle Field. They were deafening.

Now I know Spurs fans are great. The 10,000 fans that showed up for the Spurs arrival at the airport shows us that. But those aren't the fans with tickets at the SBC Center.

Remember Hemisfair? Where real Spurs fans sat in the upper deck and screamed their lungs out? They've been replaced by the corporate types entertaining clients. Instead of Lone Star and hot dogs, they order sushi off a menu.

Tonight’s game is not for them. If you're the corporate suit in the tie, take it off. Wear it as a headband. Untuck the shirt. Stand up and out ‘Piston crowd,’ the Piston crowd.

Larry Brown once wore guacamole, thanks to the Baseline Bums. Teams just didn't want to play here; they were afraid to. That's the Spurs crowd I remember. Let's go old school.

Like I said, the Spurs did their job, will you?

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=ED372D4C-A3DD-4A20-9D64-EA7CEB7C83B3

MannyIsGod
06-23-2005, 08:37 AM
That crowd really can be an X factor in tonights game if they make themselves that. IT'S GAME SEVEN OF THE FINALS!

sa_butta
06-23-2005, 08:42 AM
Just curious why do they not mic the crowd in SA but they do in Detroit?

1Parker1
06-23-2005, 08:47 AM
Awesome post, Manny. Spurs, please don't let yourselves, your friends and family, and your fans down tonight.

WE BELIEVE!!!

Ginofan
06-23-2005, 09:28 AM
That's alot of wishing and hoping...which we don't need either. We got this. The Spurs have this. We aren't going to be dissapointed, I refuse to believe it.

NoMoneyDown
06-23-2005, 09:38 AM
Just curious why do they not mic the crowd in SA but they do in Detroit?

Cause the spurs fans are all trashing SAS and G. Anthony. :lol

Jimcs50
06-23-2005, 09:46 AM
Pistons Blew Out The Heat In Game 7 Of That Series
Lets Do That To The Pistons In The Finals

They did not blow them out. Miami had the lead most of the 4th Q, they went cold down the stretch like SA did in Game 6, where the score further apart than the game was.