PDA

View Full Version : I want Tony to have his own "Hakeem" Playoff Run

BillMc
05-20-2012, 01:08 PM
For those of you old enough, you might remember in the mid-90's when Hakeem went on a run in the playoffs where he dominated every other major center in route to the title, and proved himself the best big in the game. On the road to two championships he took out Ewing, Shaq and (sadly) our own David Robinson.

I want Tony to do this with point guards.

First up, Chris Paul (Tony's winning the series and the head-to-head easily)

Next, Westbrook....

And its not impossible the he could face Rondo in the Finals.

That's every major "in their prime" pg except the injured Rose and overrated Williams. (Yes, I guess there are the oldies but goodies of Nash and Kidd, but, well, maybe next year. If Kidd's still even in the league...)

Do it Tony. Make them pay for always forgetting you in their annual "best point guard" conversations....

Sec24Row7
05-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Tony going to average 40 and 20?

capek
05-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Wow, that's actually a pretty cool comparison. I mean, on the one hand, it seems kind of sacrilegious to try to compare anything to that run of the Dream's. In my mind it's kind of incomparable. But it does fit. And if Tony ends up even getting in the vicinity of duplicating in the later rounds what he's been able to do against Paul (and Devin Harris, who's nowhere near the same level, but also is no slouch, and who Tony dominated as well), it would fit to make this comparison. Nice man, I like it. I might steal the idea and write an article about it, if it comes to pass. :toast

BillMc
05-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Tony going to average 40 and 20?

I was thinking more along the line of dispatching all rivals at his position on way to a title.

But, yeah, 40 and 20 wouldn't be bad! :)

BillMc
05-20-2012, 01:33 PM
Wow, that's actually a pretty cool comparison. I mean, on the one hand, it seems kind of sacrilegious to try to compare anything to that run of the Dream's. In my mind it's kind of incomparable. But it does fit. And if Tony ends up even getting in the vicinity of duplicating in the later rounds what he's been able to do against Paul (and Devin Harris, who's nowhere near the same level, but also is no slouch, and who Tony dominated as well), it would fit to make this comparison. Nice man, I like it. I might steal the idea and write an article about it, if it comes to pass. :toast

If it comes to pass, steal away! I would be far too happy to care! :toast

therealtruth
05-20-2012, 02:00 PM
There's no doubt TP's playing well. He doesn't look stoppable right now. I believe the greatest growth in his game is his ability to keep his teammates involved. He created alot of offense in the past through just driving and kicking but now he's a threat in other areas.

lmbebo
05-20-2012, 02:40 PM
hope so.

But that Hakeem post season was sick. What he did was beyond human.

NRHector
05-20-2012, 03:08 PM
can you guys imagine a NBA playoffs series Parker vs. Hill?

NRHector
05-20-2012, 03:23 PM
would they guard each other?

I hope so

will_spurs
05-20-2012, 03:47 PM
can you guys imagine a NBA playoffs series Parker vs. Hill?

I'd welcome it, but it'd be ugly for Indiana.

mavs>spurs
05-20-2012, 03:51 PM
:lmao comparing parker to hakeem

capek
05-20-2012, 04:40 PM
:lmao comparing parker to hakeem

I think it's more of a comparison between what Hakeem did to his counterparts with what Parker is doing/could end up doing to his counterparts. Not a direct comparison, or putting Parker up there with the Dream.

But I'm glad you can come here and get some enjoyment from us during the playoffs. Your defending champs getting swept in the first round and all. :cry

Proxy
05-20-2012, 05:23 PM
and overrated Williams.

:dizzy

-21-
05-20-2012, 05:45 PM
That would be really cool, but chances are, if we get to the Finals, he'll face Mario Chalmers.

ducks
05-20-2012, 06:03 PM
this team is to deep for tp to average 40