flipspursfan
05-20-2012, 02:18 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2012.html

Some interesting facts:
- Among teams in the playoffs, the Spurs are 2nd only to OKC in OffRtg
- Among teams in the west, the Spurs lead DefRtg by a huge margin
- Spurs lead all in eFG%
- Danny Green is 2nd in True Shooting % behind only *gasp* George Hill
- OKC has two of the top 5 players in PER in the playoffs in KD and Westbrook. Spurs have only TD at number 5
- Kawhi Leonard is 5th in Steals % behind Paul, Harden, Lebron and Rondo
- Spurs have 4 out of the top 5 in eFG% in Neal, Leonard, Diaw and Green in order.
- Spurs have 3 out of the top 5 in WinShares/48 in TD, Kawhi and Diaw
- Among teams left in the playoffs, TP is 3rd in Assist pct. behind only Rondo and Paul

Check this out!! SA and OKC are dominating and it's showing in the numbers :toast:toast

lmbebo
05-20-2012, 02:29 PM
I think a telling stat is that OKC hasn't turned the ball over that much.

84 turnovers so far (spurs at 89).

One of the weaknesses OKC has had are that they can be turnover prone.

flipspursfan
05-20-2012, 02:31 PM

Exactly! That means the Spurs would have to go at them with good defense the whole possession as OKC takes good care of the ball. Man, these stats are also telling how OKC are trying to patch up their weaknesses. Pretty good stuff tbh.

lmbebo
05-20-2012, 02:36 PM
great stat to are these:

spurs opp FG is .415 (reg season = .452) , oppt pts/game = 87.3 (96.5), oppt 3pt fg = .349 (0.353).

Seems like the Spurs defensive presence has improved. I wouldn't say they are spectacular, but I think its strong, especially considering the pace they play at offensively.

flipspursfan
05-20-2012, 02:51 PM
great stat to are these:

spurs opp FG is .415 (reg season = .452) , oppt pts/game = 87.3 (96.5), oppt 3pt fg = .349 (0.353).

Seems like the Spurs defensive presence has improved. I wouldn't say they are spectacular, but I think its strong, especially considering the pace they play at offensively.

If the Spurs and OKC reach the WCF, those are two teams that are just priming for a championship run! :toast

therealtruth
05-20-2012, 06:11 PM
Spurs vs Thunder will be a memorable matchup. It's going to come down to who makes the least mistakes.

jason1301
05-20-2012, 06:33 PM
- Danny Green is 2nd in True Shooting % behind only *gasp* George Hill

I knew we were a bit crowed at 2 last year lol

Mal
05-20-2012, 06:44 PM

they are jumpshooting offense. Iso and bum , or screen, pass , bum. You cant turn the ball over too often in such sequence

therealtruth
05-20-2012, 06:45 PM
I knew we were a bit crowed at 2 last year lol

I think Danny Green is more valuable than George Hill for us. He can guard 1-3 and play 1-3. His defense is more consistent and he is more consistent in hitting big shots.