PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else having trouble with scorpions?

desflood
05-20-2012, 10:42 PM
We've killed five in our house just today - it's been this way for a few weeks.

mavs>spurs
05-20-2012, 10:47 PM
we found a couple whenever we first built our house a longgg time ago...haven't seen any since. pretty creepy tbh.

Technique
05-20-2012, 10:50 PM
Nah son, haven't caught any scorpions in Brooklyn yet.

Woo Bum-kon
05-20-2012, 11:08 PM
You should hide in your MMA bed.

William Hung
05-21-2012, 12:59 AM
That usually means a lot of rain/flooding, scorpions seek the high ground, do you live in elevated areas?

silverblk mystix
05-21-2012, 01:04 AM
I have trouble keeping the volume low on this;

XtBXcCsfytA

MavDynasty
05-21-2012, 01:37 AM
Whats the weirdest thing you found in a guys gooch at the prison?

Reck
05-21-2012, 01:55 AM
Nah son, haven't caught any scorpions in Brooklyn yet.

When I first read the thread I was like wut????

Thread its really out of place when reading it from our standpoint. :lol

I have had troubles with rats though. :lol

TE
05-21-2012, 03:00 AM
What part of Texas you in right now?

Technique
05-21-2012, 03:14 AM

This is where I pictured the OP lives in

http://www.explorehistoricalif.com/images/bodie-town1.jpg

The wild wild west ain't no joke, they got scorpions invading your shit :lol

CubanSucks
05-21-2012, 03:50 AM
What part of Texas you in right now?

My Grandma lives pretty deep in the hill country (right outside of Boerne) and I've seen some scorpions at her place over the years

DeadlyDynasty
05-21-2012, 04:28 AM
I'd shit if i saw one in my place.

redzero
05-21-2012, 04:35 AM
Flying scorpions are a pain in the ass.

Wild Cobra
05-21-2012, 05:26 AM
We've killed five in our house just today - it's been this way for a few weeks.
WTF?

Don't you like their music?

On a serious note...

We don't have them here in the Willamette Valley.

I lived in Arizona from 1984 to 1986, and had some in my yard, but never worried about them. Never seen them in the house.

What type of gaping hole do you have that lets them in?

Wild Cobra
05-21-2012, 05:30 AM

I see ants on occasion, but I deal with them with a vengeance the few times I find them.

The family of moles seems to never die. No idea how many I killed. Lost track. No matter how many i gill, i keep getting a mole hill every now and then in my yard.

Kori Ellis
05-21-2012, 07:46 AM
Two years ago, we had a lot of them at our house (and tarantulas too). But *knock on wood*, not since.

desflood
05-21-2012, 07:59 AM
We expect some, because we live in a regular neighborhood but to the left and behind us is all undeveloped woods. Mystery solved though; talking to the neighbors, they mentioned that they've had Orkin out this past week because they've been having trouble with spiders. Every time they spray over there we get all their surviving critters over here. Guess we'll just have to spray also!

Latarian Milton
05-21-2012, 08:42 AM
some western states are the only places where scorpions can be found in the continental US imho, shits are rare like dinosaur fossils in the new england region

BlackSwordsMan
05-21-2012, 09:20 AM
I'd be more scared of tarantulas. Ninjas can crawl on the wall and jump on your face. :cry

cantthinkofanything
05-21-2012, 09:23 AM
I really liked some of their older stuff but once they got ballad heavy, not so much. In any event, you really can't argue about their musicianship.

cantthinkofanything
05-21-2012, 09:25 AM
quintessential 80's rock...

3cc39bU4GZ0

CubanMustGo
05-21-2012, 09:36 AM
No, Trolls, OTOH, are freaking everywhere.

cantthinkofanything
05-21-2012, 09:39 AM
No, Trolls, OTOH, are freaking everywhere.

come on...Scorpions mother fucker. Space Lord mother mother...

dscfeQOMuGw&ob

manufan10
05-21-2012, 09:40 AM
I've been having trouble with ticks in the yard.

cantthinkofanything
05-21-2012, 09:41 AM

they came from your mom's vag

BlackSwordsMan
05-21-2012, 09:44 AM

yeah fleas are bad around here. We spray poison drop pellets respray the yard and they wont fucking die.

cantthinkofanything
05-21-2012, 09:49 AM
yeah fleas are bad around here. We spray poison drop pellets respray the yard and they wont fucking die.

Thanks for killing the earth.

PuttPutt
05-21-2012, 09:51 AM
Put a granulated pesticide outside around the base of your house. better & longer lasting than a spray. Scorpions clean themsleves all the time. They walk across the granules & the pesticide rubs off on their legs & it kills them when they clean themselves.
I used to live in the Stone Oak area, before all the houses were there & when they started building, it was insane. We put Dursban (original formula now banned) around our house & our neighbor didn't. They had over 100, yes that is correct, scorpions in their house that summer compared to our 2 or 3.

Blake
05-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Put a granulated pesticide outside around the base of your house. better & longer lasting than a spray. Scorpions clean themsleves all the time. They walk across the granules & the pesticide rubs off on their legs & it kills them when they clean themselves.
I used to live in the Stone Oak area, before all the houses were there & when they started building, it was insane. We put Dursban (original formula now banned) around our house & our neighbor didn't. They had over 100, yes that is correct, scorpions in their house that summer compared to our 2 or 3.

yah, I used to live off of Wilderness Oak/Hardy Oak area.

Pest control guy warned me about them since we lived next to a large natural growth drainage easement. Said be careful when walking barefoot around the house.

Sure enough, killed at least 5 that first year......one accidentally under my slippers while getting milk out of the fridge

CosmicCowboy
05-21-2012, 10:06 AM
I have lots of them at the ranch. Killed a mother yesterday that had like 20 babies on her back. Got like 21 kills in one stomp. Funny, they are always committing suicide in the swimming pool. I clean dead ones out every time I vacuum.

mrsmaalox
05-21-2012, 10:32 AM
I can't stand the sight of those things. And centipedes. Growing up in west Texas they were constantly present, but I've never seen one here in SA. Which is why I almost fainted on Saturday when my son said he had encountered a 5 inch, hairy scorpion in our boat shed!! Must be because of the rain.

manufan10
05-21-2012, 11:20 AM
they came from your mom's vag

I'm certain it's coming from your mom's vag, since she's been over here quite frequently. She just can't get enough of me.

cantthinkofanything
05-21-2012, 11:21 AM
I'm certain it's coming from your mom's vag, since she's been over here quite frequently. She just can't get enough of me.

she says, "lol".

manufan10
05-21-2012, 11:23 AM
she says, "lol".

Tell her, "That's not what you were saying last night." :eyebrows

:lol

cantthinkofanything
05-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Tell her, "That's not what you were saying last night." :eyebrows

:lol

she says you owe her $2.

CubanSucks
05-21-2012, 03:24 PM
What type of gaping hole do you have that lets them in?

dude, those things just find a way just like every other bug. You've never seen spiders in your house before? The house that I mainly grew up in in Longview had the occasional wasp flying around in there. They'd always be flying into and around a window trying to get out and they'd only be in the living room or one of the restrooms, we never could figure out what it was about those 2 rooms and how the fuck they'd get in there

Capt Bringdown
05-21-2012, 11:59 PM
When I was a kid, I got stung by a scorpion that was hiding in my shoe. To this day, I shake out my shoes before putting them on.
Nauseatingly painful bite that put me in bed for an entire day as I recall. At first it felt like I'd been hit by a lightning bolt. I'll never forget that intense pain.

Get yourself a UV light to spot 'em in the dark. Scorpions fluoresce (glow) under UV light.
Scorpion Black Light (http://www.scorpionblacklight.com/index.html)

I remember hearing that the smaller species are the most painful/dangerous. There's some gigantic ones where I live now in Thailand. But they are slow and not dangerous.
The Chinese teachers at my school like to pop 'em in the microwave and eat 'em as snacks. No kidding!

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I00007b6RRNjryq0/s/850/850/Thai-scorpions.jpg

Reck
05-22-2012, 12:00 AM
^ Lucky man.

ploto
05-22-2012, 12:18 AM
I can't stand the sight of those things. And centipedes. Growing up in west Texas they were constantly present, but I've never seen one here in SA. Which is why I almost fainted on Saturday when my son said he had encountered a 5 inch, hairy scorpion in our boat shed!! Must be because of the rain.

Centipedes are the one bug that freaks me out. I had 2 of them in my previous house in the first couple of years we lived there. The area behind us was completely undeveloped. They were at least 6" long and all black and red!

Technique
05-22-2012, 01:25 AM
Centipedes are the one bug that freaks me out. I had 2 of them in my previous house in the first couple of years we lived there. The area behind us was completely undeveloped. They were at least 6" long and all black and red!

ooFSFR2s7Ig

Trainwreck2100
05-22-2012, 03:19 AM
I remember hearing that the smaller species are the most painful/dangerous. There's some gigantic ones where I live now in Thailand. But they are slow and not dangerous.
The Chinese teachers at my school like to pop 'em in the microwave and eat 'em as snacks. No kidding!

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I00007b6RRNjryq0/s/850/850/Thai-scorpions.jpg

it's not the smaller species that are dangerous, but the younger scorpions can't control their poison so they send a shitton of it into your body when they sting you