PDA

View Full Version : Why does it always seem like the nat'l media hates the Spurs?

BigShotBob
06-22-2005, 11:03 PM
I feel like the Spurs are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NBA - they can't get any respect!

The Admiral was one of the greatest players ever and he was given a soft label.

The Spurs win their first Finals in dominating fashion and are given an asterisk.

Tim Duncan has already won two NBA Finals MVPs and made several game winning shots in his career, but we know he'll forever be stuck with the same label that David Robinson had if he doesn't score more than 30 in game seven. Duncan has already done more than Ewing, Barkley, Malone and other greats did in their playoff careers, yet he's the one in danger of being "soft." :rolleyes

The media always wanted the Lakers to win.

The Suns were the darling this year.

Even other small market teams get more respect than the Spurs. The Kings were everyone's favorite for a few years, and the overrated Chris Webber was a poster boy.

The nat'l media is always more than happy to point out low ratings in any Spurs series. :depressed

Am I so much of a Spurs fan, that I can't see the perspective from another fan's view, or does it seem like we are constantly disrespected in the nat'l media no matter what kind of accomplishments the team or players achieve?

MannyIsGod
06-22-2005, 11:05 PM
Penis Validation forum

gospursgojas
06-22-2005, 11:07 PM
I feel you on this one...but thats a question everyone has already asked. And the only way to get over it is to not give a damn what the nat'l media thinks, because its always feels so good to prove nay-sayers wrong.

timvp
06-22-2005, 11:08 PM
As long as they spell the Spurs players names right that's all that matters.

Kori Ellis
06-22-2005, 11:08 PM
Spurs fans are overly sensitive. The Spurs get plenty of respect from the media and the basketball community. It has become the IN thing to say they aren't getting any respect or love.

ZStomp
06-22-2005, 11:10 PM
Damn...why do so many people in here care what the media says about the Spurs...really?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Too many of you all get excited when something POSITIVE is said about the Spurs and EQUALLY excited when something BAD is said.

Why? Who gives a funk?

They could call the Spurs faggets/assholes..etc...etc..etc......and I wouldn't care.

I'm glad the Spurs players don't.

geerussell
06-22-2005, 11:22 PM
At the national pop culture level there is Los Angeles, New York and a bunch of flyover country. The sports world merely reflects that reality.

Pistons < Spurs
06-22-2005, 11:24 PM
Spurs fans are overly sensitive. The Spurs get plenty of respect from the media and the basketball community. It has become the IN thing to say they aren't getting any respect or love.

Detroit fans suffer the same illness.

ZStomp
06-22-2005, 11:26 PM
Ps. Get A Life All You Overly Sensitive Peeps!

Uncle_Rico
06-22-2005, 11:32 PM
^^exactly. one more thing you get respect when you win. not choke ala 04.

blaze89
06-22-2005, 11:53 PM

How would the community think if the Spurs are the first team to lose games 6 and 7 at home? I mean, history may be on the Spurs side but it could also be that history if being written for the Pistons. A Pistons victory Thursday will elevate their reputation to possibly legendary status.

milkyway21
06-23-2005, 12:25 AM
it's not always right in all places around the world, Spurs fan.

if you check our media representative from Solar Sports, Phils.(Chino Trinidad & Dr.J.), now in San Antonio covering the NBA finals, they have great respect for this team and Tim Duncan. They were inviting everyone to see the finals since day 1.

and correct me if I'm wrong, Solar Sports picked almost all of the Spurs' games in the regular season than any other team in the NBA this year.