PDA

View Full Version : NBA forumers, who you got in the WCF?

MavDynasty
05-21-2012, 01:01 AM
Thunder or Spurs and why?

Poll coming

Fpoonsie
05-21-2012, 01:06 AM
Lulz. "Poll coming" always makes me chuckle.

DMC
Thunder in 6. Why... they cannot stop Westbrook, they will be outrebounded and Ibaka and company will prevent the inside backdoor freebies.

Why 6: Spurs are great at home, but I think they drop the 1st one and OKC wins both at home, and go back to SA up 3-1, lose in SA and win back in OKC.

Fpoonsie
Oh, and I think this one goes the distance, and I exhaust my Xanax stash.

ducks
05-21-2012, 01:07 AM
durant +westbrook cancel out duncan and tp
manu and harden cancel each other out
spurs have more debth and better coach win

MavDynasty
05-21-2012, 01:10 AM

That was a worse than the arrow argument. Just stop.

MavDynasty
05-21-2012, 01:10 AM

That was worse than the arrow argument. Just stop.

midnightpulp
05-21-2012, 01:15 AM
"Debth."

I love you, Ducks, you glorious bastard.

Reck
05-21-2012, 01:17 AM
This series will go 7 games.

z0sa
Spurs in 7... the only reasonable answer I can give tbh. In reality one of the teams probably wins in 6, depending on whether Spurs go 2-0 to start or OKC steals one.

VBM
Thunder in 6 if the current version of Manu plays in the WCF. If 2008 Manu (pre-ankle injury) shows up, Spurs in 7.

ElNono
05-21-2012, 01:19 AM
Spurs in 4

DAF86
05-21-2012, 01:29 AM
I'm sticking with my prediction of Spurs in 6 but all OKC needs to win is get hot with those midrange jumpers they like to shot so much (and the Spurs love to concede) 4 times out of 7.

midnightpulp
Spurs in 7. Westbrook will torch the Spurs, but I think Leonard and Jackson can slow Durant down enough (like 25 ppg on 45% shooting, which for Durant these days, is being "slowed down") that the Spurs' overall depth will exceed what OKC's best three players plus their role players can produce. I also think the Spurs precision execution will wear the Thunder down over the course of the series. OKC's offense is all ISO with a dash of monkeyball. Durant and Westbrook's talent make that offense look better than it is so it's pretty easy to defend as a whole, even though Durant and Westbrook are almost impossible to defend. The goal for the Spurs should be to try and limit those two to 50 points combined each game.

Spurs in 5 or 7. I don't see them winning game 6 at OKC.

midnightpulp

slick'81
05-21-2012, 01:37 AM
durant is the new dirk when it comes to foul calls but that final game is in sa ..spurs in7

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2012, 01:38 AM
Parker burns westbrook enough to put him in chuck mode, westbrook is what scares me this series, because he has subpar games in the spurs victories

midnightpulp
05-21-2012, 01:38 AM
i agree with you about westbrook running wild, disagree on durant being slowed by green and leonard. idk how closely you have been following the thunder this year, but stern's got him a new pet baby. even if they start slowing him down he'll just shoot 18 ft's a game.

Definitely a concern. Green will likely be hidden on Thabo. I see Leonard and Jackson on Durant. And I hope Jackson can summon up some of that defense he played on Dirk in the '07 First Round. That was 5 years ago, though, so we'll see if he can do it.

Spur_Fanatic
05-21-2012, 01:39 AM
OKC in 6

WeNeedLength
05-21-2012, 01:41 AM
Spurs in 5. Overrating OKC tbh...

DeadlyDynasty
05-21-2012, 01:41 AM
Don't care, but hook up the xany's, poons. My benzo connect has gone dry.

Roger Freemason Jr.
05-21-2012, 02:16 AM
thunder in 6 for these reasons:

-westbrook has a physical advantage against parker. he's bigger, stronger, quicker, and can bother parker on defense who is so accustomed to getting in the paint by being faster than his opponents. parker will struggle to guard him at the other end.

-the thunder get more calls than any team i've ever seen

-durant will abuse/get calls over 2 inexperienced young guys in leonard and green

-james harden is the x factor and brings what manu brings to the spurs, except better at this point

-perkins will hold duncan as good as anyone and ibaka will make life hell on parker with his shot blocking ability

If Westbrook guards any PG well, it surely is not Tony Parker. Parker's highest scoring game of the season was against Westbrook, when Russell got completely outplayed. Even in the next match-up, when Westbrook scored big, he still struggled to guard TP. Green will guard Westbrook, & do a good job of it.

Durant will not have an easy time against the Spurs. If he wants to take a bunch of shots off of the dribble, he is going to be miserable against Leonard & Jackson. Don't get me wrong, I know he will go off for 25+ a game, but he won't be as comfortable taking contested shots against the Spurs.

& Perkins? Blair has outplayed Perkins in every match-up this season, so I doubt he will contain Duncan, or Splitter. & Ibaka is not a problem on offense, Diaw did a terrific job against Griffin, he will be even better against Ibaka. & Diaw will torture him with his passing ability.

Harden will be great against us, but Manu will be great against them. I expect Harden to contribute bigger though.

Roger Freemason Jr.
05-21-2012, 02:18 AM
Spurs in 5.

Manu-20
05-21-2012, 02:41 AM
spurs in 4 or 5 at most spurs have to much shooters that space the floor which will open up the driving lanes for tony and manu, just look at the games in sa and okc to see how well the spurs have done this to the thunder. Another factor is leonard he has done a really good job on durant this year going to suprise a lot of people this series. Overall the spurs just match up well with the thunder and have owend them for the most part since they have been in OKC, still though going to be tough games for every win the spurs get you don't blow out a team like OKC you beat them.

TE
05-21-2012, 02:54 AM
OKC in six. I strongly feel OKC will steal game 1 which will put SA on the ropes considering how difficult it is to win in OKC. Series will be 3-1 comin back to SA, Spurs will win game 5 to set up the ouster in game six. Oh shit, someone just posted this scenario before me, oh well props to you, whoever you are.

OKC thrive on hitting jumpshots, which the Spurs haplessly allow. OKC provides great rim protection with Ibaka and Perkins manning the front. Timmy will find it very difficult to score.

Parker along with Manu and any other Spurs intending to drive to the lane will find it a lot more difficult to score. Danny Green and Kwahi Leonard will be put to guard Westbrook and Durant in much of the series (in addition to Harden)...given the amount of respect the aforementioned OKC players get from officials should result in an amount of calls that will be so borderline statistically ridiculous that BR will start another one of his conspiracy threads.

If OKC begins to cool off and Westbrook shoots them out at the end of games, Spurs in six.

If Spurs hold homecourt in the first two games, I can totally see them taking a game in OKC. If that scenario happens, Spurs in five.

jesterbobman
05-21-2012, 02:55 AM
Spurs in 5. Picking the Spurs to hold court and win one game in OKC, Happens in either game 5 or game 6. Picking in 5 doesn't mean I think it'll be one sided all the way though, the Spurs will outscore OKC by 15 over the series, which isn't a lot.

Jacob1983
05-21-2012, 02:56 AM
It's no secret that I despise the Spurs but I will pick them in 7. The road team will not win a game in this series.

Robz4000
05-21-2012, 04:33 AM
Spurs in 6. Although the Spurs have generally allowed teams to shoot jumpshots, they'll adjust to OKC and try to limit them. If not, all it takes is one of Durant, Westbrick, or Harden to have a bad shooting night to win. If it takes all of them firing on all cylinders in 4 out of 7 games to have a shot of winning, I like the Spurs' chances. Of course, if refball plays a huge factor then it's up in the air.

benefactor
05-21-2012, 06:49 AM
Spurs in 7...for some of the reasons that mid mentioned. Both teams will be able to score on the other but the difference in the series will be execution late in games. With two offensive-minded teams facing each other, taking the one with better coaching and that actually runs an offense makes the most sense.

100%duncan
05-21-2012, 06:58 AM
Spurs in 5.

InK
05-21-2012, 07:10 AM
OKC in 6 if Westbrook keeps shooting like this.

DMC
05-21-2012, 08:09 AM
OK fuck it, Spurs in 3.

Latarian Milton
05-21-2012, 08:37 AM
spurs are winning it but shit ain't gonna be easy for them, a spurs-thunder series will go at least 6 games and both teams will be pretty washed up when the series is done. whoever wins the series will get ass whipped in the finals though, the 12' shit is a locked FUCKING one for us tbh

SpurForLife
05-21-2012, 08:42 AM
spurs are winning it but shit ain't gonna be easy for them, a spurs-thunder series will go at least 6 games and both teams will be pretty washed up when the series is done. whoever wins the series in the east will get ass whipped in the finals though, the 12' shit is a locked FUCKING one for us tbh

Fixed!!

100%duncan
05-21-2012, 09:02 AM
spurs are winning it but shit ain't gonna be easy for them, a spurs-thunder series will go at least 6 games and both teams will be pretty washed up when the series is done. whoever wins the series will get ass whipped in the finals though, the 12' shit is a locked FUCKING one for us tbh

Quality take. Will recommend to my friends and family.

Mugen
05-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Spurs in 6.

If the Lakers hit open 3s and don't go KobeMode in their series, they're up 3-1. Spurs shouldn't have a problem doing either.

Westbrook's had a free pass these first two rounds guarding Kidd & Sessions. Not anymore.

Brazil
05-21-2012, 09:38 AM
Not possible for me to not be biased tbh so I'd say Spurs in 7.

OKC is on a roll, they are playing good bb, ref are bailing them out when they struggle and more importantly Westbrick finally seems to understand that Harden needs the ball in his hands in the fourth and the tough shots are for Durant which is huge. On top of that he is being more consistent with his JS this is why it is difficult to have an idea of the serie through the RS. OKC and Spurs are two different teams.

Considering TP will have his, Tim keeps on healthy, a lot of the outcome will depend on Manu's play. If he can somehow offset Harden production on both end of the floor, spurs will win, if Harden outplays him badly OKC get this one imho

Dr Cox
05-21-2012, 10:10 AM
Spurs in 6.

BlairForceDejuan
05-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Its going to be spurs in 6. i called first two sweeps. i have called this series. write it in stone and call it a day.

Killakobe81
05-21-2012, 10:43 AM
Ill say Spurs in 7 if I go with my head ... but my heart wants to pick OKC in 6.

As has been mentioned (by myself and others) I am a Westbrook fan/apologist. I watched this kid come to UCLA as a just a raw athletic guard with no true position (he neither passed or shot well enough as a freshman to be given PG or SG full-time) and has made himself a All-star and borderline ALL NBA PG. this guy plays so hard. I know Harden is the one that gets compared to Manu because of the ball skill and lefty herky jerky drives, but think back to young Manu the one that flew all over the court ... grabbing offensive boards he shouldnt or making steals that seemed like he could not ...that is who Russ reminds me of ... the Manu with hair! Both on defense and attacking the rim ...but with even better hops and strength. Westbrook will be key but he has to stay under control.

Durant really showed how clutch he can be vs. the Lakers and Mavs with plenty of clutch baskets including essentially 3 game winners. I dont care how good Kwahi is on defense he is not better than Marion or Artest ...no way he contain Durant over 7 games. the longer the series goes the better he will start to figure out the Spurs defensive schemes.

Ibaka, collison and Nazy will have to all step up whether or not Perkins is hurt. And unlike someone stated above ... I dont see how Perkins is gonna do much against Duncan. He is too short, Duncan will get calls Andrew did not, And Duncan is far more crafty and less deliberate in the post than bynum was.

If Pop plays things right, he will neutralize Ibaka to some degree. If Pop goes small Ibaka will have to chase Bonner or Lenard at the 3 point line. If Im Brooks I would not chase diaw if he beats you from 3 then you live with it. If you put him on Tim he cant leave Duncan. I would force Ibaka to guard someone he cant roam off of.

Harden and Fisher. Harden should have a field day any time he is paired with russ because he will draw the weaker defender. To beat the spurs Harden must DESTROY Neal. and Fisher has to play like he did aginst the Mavs and not the Lakers. Buth Fishyrim is a notorious spur killer we shall see if he has any daggers left ...

All that being said I dont see Pop being out-coached. He runs a better more disciplined version of the old Suns offense. Duncan looks at least 3 years younger. Parker is coming off his best season. I love Green and Lenard neither have shied from a big moment. Bonner and Neal are deadly if left wide open. And if the series is close Spurs have the deeper bench and their big 3 is far more playoff tested than OKC, who has grown quite a bit but are STILL young. I say spurs in 7. I just dont see OKC clinching a game 7 at the AT&T .. but I like this young team and if they can find a way to steal game 1 or 2 then I hope they beat the spurs in 6

manufan10
05-21-2012, 10:50 AM
Spurs in 6.

Roger Freemason Jr.
05-21-2012, 01:46 PM
I think it's funny that some people are doubting this Spurs team. No I'm not being overly optimistic.. This team will not be beat, especially not by the likes of this Thunder team. It will go 5, to say 6 is a stretch. To Pop, they are still just the Sonics..

Spurs dominate the series, and beat Miami in 6. That's how it will be.

Fergie The Florists
05-21-2012, 02:11 PM
The op is a faggot. As far as the thread give me okc all day everyday

Durant 35
05-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Thunder in 6 but spurs winning wouldn't surprise me at all

mavs>spurs
05-21-2012, 02:54 PM
^such an objective classy fan :cry

welcome to the board :cry

tesseractive
05-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Spurs in 6 in the real title series. OKC has some great players, but we've got solid defenders we can match up against them, and we should be able to hide our bad defenders (Bonner, Neal) and get offense out of the open man.

Duncan will likely be a lot quieter this series -- Perkins and Ibaka are better defenders than anyone OKC has. I think Leonard/Jackson is going to be a workable rotation on Durant -- the keys will be Parker vs. Westbrook and finding someone (Green? Jackson?) who can keep Harden in check. Diaw and Bonner should also be key in pulling a post defender out to the perimeter and opening up the lane.

It would also be a great time for the Manu of old to make a reappearance -- if he can go off this series, we might win in 5.

tesseractive
05-21-2012, 02:59 PM
Spurs dominate the series, and beat Miami in 6. That's how it will be.

Spurs over the Heat in 4. The whole East is worse than Utah, tbh.

VBM
05-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Closing out OKC in 6 (in their gym) would be a monumental task...just don't see that happening.

Kyle Orton
06-05-2012, 03:14 PM
spurs in 4 or 5 at most spurs have to much shooters that space the floor which will open up the driving lanes for tony and manu, just look at the games in sa and okc to see how well the spurs have done this to the thunder. Another factor is leonard he has done a really good job on durant this year going to suprise a lot of people this series. Overall the spurs just match up well with the thunder and have owend them for the most part since they have been in OKC, still though going to be tough games for every win the spurs get you don't blow out a team like OKC you beat them.

:lmao

Samuel Eto'o
06-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Subtle yet effective. Spurs can't win 5 on 8. Just can't. Oh well.

Anyone that thought, with this shady shit going down in wcsf, that this wouldn't happen 10-fold in the finals vs the heat are kidding themselves.

LOL NBA. The matchup up they want is the matchup they want, no getting around it. I'm sure thunder vs heat will get mad ratings