PDA

View Full Version : Why we're taking this shit tommorow

baseline bum
06-22-2005, 11:32 PM
In a game of this magnitude I'm always putting my money on Tim Duncan. After tomorrow it's all over regardless of outcome. There's going to be no worrying about landings, problems pushing off or anything. We haven't seen the pre-injury Tim Duncan yet this playoffs, and we couldn't because he knew that one more ankle sprain and our season was done. But now we see a legend with nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

Now we're going to see a freer-moving Duncan. A Duncan who probably will not tape his ankles and hinder his movement the way he has been forced to do all postseason. He had to err on the side of caution all playoff run because the bigger picture was more important than the individual game.... but now that's all changed. Tim has nothing to save himself for. The big picture is the individual game. This is the season. This is the most important thing in the world to him. This will be his finest moment.

SPARKY
06-22-2005, 11:33 PM
:makemyday

E20
06-22-2005, 11:35 PM
http://img126.echo.cx/img126/9597/clint2guns1cy.jpg

timvp
06-22-2005, 11:38 PM
baseline bum has been a prophet so far.

Hopefully that continues.

baseline bum
06-22-2005, 11:39 PM
You always bet on the legend to carry his team to victory in a game like this. Like Shaq did in game 7 in Arco. The Kings never had anyone who could be mentioned in the same breath as him. Like Larry Bird when he outlasted Nique in the game 7 in 88. Like Olajuwon in 94.

Tim Duncan has a gear he can kick it into that only 2 or 3 other players in this league can match. He will be going against none of those players tomorrow. His talent and desire will carry the Spurs to their proudest moment in franchise history.

SPARKY
06-22-2005, 11:45 PM
Fuck. Yes.

Suddenly all of the nattering nabobs dumping on Timmy D will disappear.

Don Quixote
06-22-2005, 11:51 PM
Let's slow down guys. I think we all want our boys from San Antonio to hand it to Detroit tomorrow night, but let's be real. We said the same things in 2001 & 2002, and 2004 against L.A. But in the end, our team wasn't as good as theirs. And I needn't mention all the playoff failures in years past ...

Secondly, let's be real about Duncan. A (near-)great forward? Sure? Leader of the team? Yes. Perennial All-Star? Absolutely. An all-time great player and first-ballot Hall of Famer? Uh, not really.

Let's be real -- Duncan is MAYBE a Top 20 player when healthy. And on a good day he might crack the list of Top 10 PFs of all time (I don't know what dope ESPN's been smoking). But he's hardly Hakeem, MJ, Shaq, Karl Malone, Kobe, Amare, et al, guys who can carry a team and will them to victory. He's a very good player, nothing more.

That said, I hope we open a can tomorrow night on some Piston butt.

SPARKY
06-22-2005, 11:53 PM
Um, ok. Lay off the sauce Piston Fan.

Kori Ellis
06-22-2005, 11:56 PM
And on a good day he might crack the list of Top 10 PFs of all time (I don't know what dope ESPN's been smoking). But he's hardly Hakeem, MJ, Shaq, Karl Malone, Kobe, Amare, et al, guys who can carry a team and will them to victory. He's a very good player, nothing more.

:lmao

That might be the worst take by a Spurs fan ... ever.

Sense
06-22-2005, 11:59 PM
:lmao

totally agree :lmao

SuBZer0
06-22-2005, 11:59 PM
That is, if he is a Spurs fan

baseline bum
06-23-2005, 12:00 AM
Get the fuck out of my thread you dumbfuck.

Horry For 3!
06-23-2005, 12:01 AM
I expect Tim Duncan to set up and the Spurs to have a great game and take Game 7.

SequSpur
06-23-2005, 12:06 AM
Almost every day
I see the same face
On broken picture tube
It fits the attitude
If you could see yourself
You put you on a shelf
Your verbal masturbate
Promise to nauseate
Today I’ll play the part of non-parent
Not make a hundred rules
For you to know about yourself
Not lie and make you believe
What’s evil is making love
And making friends
And meeting God you’re own way
The right way

To see
To bleed
Cannot be taught
In turn
You’re making us
Fucking hostile

We stand alone

The truth in right and wrong
The boundaries of the law
You seem to miss the point
Arresting for a joint?
You seem to wonder why
Hundreds of people die
You’re writing tickets man
My mom got jumped -- they ran!
Now I’ll play a public servant
To serve and protect
By the law and the state
I’d bust the punks
That rape steal and murder
And leave you be
If you crossed me
I’d shake your hand like a man
Not a god

To see
To bleed
Cannot be taught
In turn
You’re making us
Fucking hostile

Come meet your maker, boy
Some things you can’t enjoy
Because of heaven/hell
A fucking wives’ tale
They put it in your head
Then put you in your bed
He’s watching say your prayers
Cause God is everywhere
Now I’ll play a man learning priesthood
Who’s about to take the ultimate test in life
I’d question things because I am human
And call no one my father who’s no closer that a stranger

I won’t listen

Fuck the Pistons.

It's time to get fucking hostile!

slayermin
06-23-2005, 12:06 AM
Get the fuck out of my thread you dumbfuck.

Spoken like a true Texan. :smokin

Don Quixote
06-23-2005, 12:10 AM
Hope you guys are right. Don't see it happening though. We're playing the champs, and while the boys are a pretty darn good team led by a darn good player, Duncan, I don't think it'll be enough to counter the Pistons in a Game 7.

That said, I hope I'm wrong and that we're the ones hoisting the trophy. Not likely, though.

SPARKY
06-23-2005, 12:14 AM
So Duncan didn't carry the Spurs to titles in 1999 and 2003? WTF? Also, what jewelry are Malone and Amare sporting?

What PFs would you put ahead of Duncan all-time?

What is your drug of choice?

E20
06-23-2005, 12:14 AM
Larry Bird and.................can't think of anymore.

:fro

T Park
06-23-2005, 01:39 AM
We are taking this shit.

Tim Duncan, will better the Game 6 2003 LA Lakers performance.

Count on it bitches.

slayermin
06-23-2005, 01:41 AM
Hope you guys are right. Don't see it happening though. We're playing the champs, and while the boys are a pretty darn good team led by a darn good player, Duncan, I don't think it'll be enough to counter the Pistons in a Game 7.

That said, I hope I'm wrong and that we're the ones hoisting the trophy. Not likely, though.

Shut the fuck up, and go chase so more windmills.

whottt
06-23-2005, 09:47 AM
Thanks base, we needed this. Fuck Detroit.

bonesinaz
06-23-2005, 09:52 AM
All I can say is GO SPURS GO!!

cmc$purs
06-23-2005, 11:15 AM
THIS TEAM WILL BE READY TO PLAY :makemyday

TIMMY WILL BE TIMMY
MANU WILL BE MANU

MANU = MVP 28 PTS 11 REB 10 ASST :king

TIMMY 26 PTS 21REB 5 BLOCKS 5 ASST 7/10 FT

pisstons will be :owned

GO SPURS GO

bigzak25
06-23-2005, 11:24 AM
Thanks base, we needed this. Fuck Detroit.

ditto.

DarkReign
06-23-2005, 11:28 AM
hmmmmmmmmmm.........

WayDowntownBang
06-23-2005, 11:31 AM
hmmmmmmmmmm.........

Let them have their moment. If the Spurs lose, this board is going to be pandemonium, and we're going to be able to just post "hello", and it's going to cave in. You think there's a lot of F-bomb flying today.. I don't know if I want to see the Pistons win more because I love my team, or because I want to see what happens here.

samikeyp
06-23-2005, 11:39 AM

You're wrong.

no "might". it IS! :)

samikeyp
06-23-2005, 11:42 AM
Let them have their moment. If the Spurs lose, this board is going to be pandemonium, and we're going to be able to just post "hello", and it's going to cave in. You think there's a lot of F-bomb flying today.. I don't know if I want to see the Pistons win more because I love my team, or because I want to see what happens here.

Up until this....I had you pegged differently. You now, apparently, subscribe to the same narrow mindedness you had been fighting all along. Not all Spurs fans think alike and we are not going to all "cave in" if they lose.

violentkitten
06-23-2005, 11:43 AM

you must be one step away from killing yourself if this forum means that much to you...

SWC Bonfire
06-23-2005, 11:47 AM
Shut the fuck up, and go chase so more windmills.

:lol

T Park
06-23-2005, 11:58 AM
Lets Do This Spurs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Were Doin This Tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Raise The Golden Ball And Net!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come On Baby We Want New Gear!!!!

New Swag New Swag New Swag

Go Spurs Go Go Spurs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WayDowntownBang
06-23-2005, 12:09 PM
Up until this....I had you pegged differently. You now, apparently, subscribe to the same narrow mindedness you had been fighting all along. Not all Spurs fans think alike and we are not going to all "cave in" if they lose.

Not at all, you read into it completely wrong. You and I both know that if the Spurs end up losing this game, there is going to be a lot (note: not all) of Spurs fans wanting change, dumping on Timmy, calling for Pop's job, hating Manu, screaming at Parker, and all these things. My point was directly pointed at these fans that have been incredibly violent to ALL Piston fans over the past 2 days since Game 6.

If the Spurs win tonight, my very first post after the game will be "Great series, and a great, well deserved win by the Spurs.".

If the Pistons win tonight, my very first post after the game with be "Great series, and a great, well deserved win by the Pistons".

Look around, you've got to understand that it's not easy to be a Pistons fan on these boards. While there are a bunch of people logging on to Spurstalk.com the past few days with Piston logos in their avatar being complete asswipes to the home team, and disrespecting the Spurs, there's also the other side of that coin.. the people who were either friendly or not with me and the other contributing Piston fans after the Spurs won Game 2 that just aren't as friendly anymore.

I stand by my comment. If the Spurs lose this game, this board is going to be pandemonium. I'll define it though.. not *ALL* Spur fans. You know the ones I'm referring to.

violentkitten
06-23-2005, 12:12 PM
poor :baby. shut up already.

baseline bum
06-23-2005, 12:19 PM
You can get the fuck out of my thread too, prick.

GrandeDavid
06-23-2005, 12:38 PM
You can get the fuck out of my thread too, prick.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

My man Baseline Bum has completely gone gangsta. Hell yes we're winning tonight! :hat

bigbendbruisebrother
06-23-2005, 12:39 PM
But he's hardly Hakeem, MJ, Shaq, Karl Malone, Kobe, Amare, et al, guys who can carry a team and will them to victory. He's a very good player, nothing more.

Don, I've always wondered this, and since your head is already up your ass, what color is a prostate gland?

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-23-2005, 12:44 PM
A-fucking-men.

I even have a strange peacefulness/serenity about my boy Pop tonight, dunno why.

Let's get it on.

SWC Bonfire
06-23-2005, 12:49 PM
A-fucking-men.

I even have a strange peacefulness/serenity about my boy Pop tonight, dunno why.

Let's get it on.

OH DEAR GOD. Something big is going to happen tonight, perhaps the alignment of the three planets has changed something in the universe.

whottt
06-23-2005, 12:57 PM
blahblahblah (http://www.jokes.thefunnybone.com/waves/6farts.wav)

Wow...the most intelligent thing he's said since he's been here.

chriskzoo
06-23-2005, 12:59 PM

Probably because that's how dead people look - peaceful and serene. PISTONS!

samikeyp
06-23-2005, 01:05 PM
Look around, you've got to understand that it's not easy to be a Pistons fan on these boards. While there are a bunch of people logging on to Spurstalk.com the past few days with Piston logos in their avatar being complete asswipes to the home team, and disrespecting the Spurs, there's also the other side of that coin.. the people who were either friendly or not with me and the other contributing Piston fans after the Spurs won Game 2 that just aren't as friendly anymore.

it works the other way too.

Mark in Austin
06-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Look around, you've got to understand that it's not easy to be a Pistons fan on these boards.

You may notice this is a SPURS board, and given the Spurs current opponent, you shouldn't be surprised "it's not easy to be a Pistons fan" here. Damn. What's your next stop, Bob Jones University to sing the praises of affirmative action?

Retarded take.

WayDowntownBang
06-23-2005, 01:28 PM
You may notice this is a SPURS board, and given the Spurs current opponent, you shouldn't be surprised "it's not easy to be a Pistons fan" here. Damn. What's your next stop, Bob Jones University to sing the praises of affirmative action?

Retarded take.

Why dont' you just run me? Clones suck.

I'm not crying that it's 'hard to be a Pistons' fan. Just stating the facts. I can handle myself. I was talking to a Spurs fan that understands what respect is, and showing that I haven't lost my respect to the Spurs.

And Whott.. editing quotes is the funniest thing since.. yeah.

whottt
06-23-2005, 01:29 PM
You're a fucking dick and you know it.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-23-2005, 01:45 PM
fuck yeahhhhh FUCKING HOSTILLLLLLLLE!!!

Heres my haiku i wrote during this season's pre-season

We can't be faded
Duncan will not be contained
Path to the third reign.

Believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its all about Duncan guys, this man will lead us to the promised land once again!

violentkitten
06-23-2005, 01:49 PM
damn, what a little :baby

DarkReign
06-23-2005, 01:57 PM
damn, what a little :baby

I would love to meet you.

whottt
06-23-2005, 01:58 PM
And why would you want to meet him...

GrandeDavid
06-23-2005, 02:03 PM
I would love to meet you.

:rolleyes

Deeeet fans, please stay the fuck outta this thread. Thanks! :king

WayDowntownBang
06-23-2005, 02:03 PM
You're a fucking dick and you know it.

Ouch. You got me.

And after tonight, I'll be a fucking dick with a hometown with 4 championship rings.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-23-2005, 02:05 PM
but what will you do with your free time now that you have no reason to post here anymore

whottt
06-23-2005, 02:06 PM
Ouch. You got me.

And after tonight, I'll be a fucking dick with a hometown with 4 championship rings.

You'll also be a man who whores his antiprofanity stance out and roots for a team that relies on one of the worst offenders of public profanity to win...Oh wait...you already are that. Whore.

texbumTHElife
06-23-2005, 02:21 PM
GET IN OR GET THE F OUT OF THE WAY!
http://www.freedesktopwallpapers.net/military/M1A1-Abrams.jpg

Das Texan
06-23-2005, 02:42 PM
Fuck this.

This mother fucking title is ours.

See you jackasses downtown tonight.

T Park
06-23-2005, 03:00 PM
Academy,

get your doors open,

cause my boys are stormin for Championship gear bitches.

timvp
06-23-2005, 03:15 PM
UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

NA NA NA NA

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/images/ent/ap/20050329/ny344_multimedia_6104510_wkd_fiveqs_master_p.sff.j pg

50 & 21
06-23-2005, 04:03 PM
Of all the LAME Piston fans butting into this thread, the only comment directly related to the valid points the Bum is making was: "hmmmmmmmmmm........". I think the Bum is right. :king

T Park
06-23-2005, 04:56 PM
Bump.

Nazr Mohammed's punk ass needs to see this shit.

Nazr, muscle up, play like you did in game 1, showing you had a pair!!!

COME ON BOYS LETS DO THIS SHIZZNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

violentkitten
06-23-2005, 05:26 PM

baseline bum
06-24-2005, 12:18 AM
You knew I was gonna bump this thread

MI21
06-24-2005, 12:28 AM
Good one Nostradamus OG.

You better be talking trash to every Laker fan you see!

baseline bum
06-24-2005, 02:46 AM
I told you all again! I knew Duncan was going to play like he didn't give a fuck about anything else. I was so proud when he dove to the floor for that loose ball in the third without any regard for the ankle.

T Park
06-24-2005, 02:55 AM
word Bum, you are shizznizzle fo shizzle.

Sense
06-24-2005, 03:04 AM
word Bum, you are shizznizzle fo shizzle.

You are stupid.....somehow I think people on these forums can tell how much of a suck up you are being.

That's doing you worse.