PDA

View Full Version : If...

FkLA
05-21-2012, 05:51 AM
No premature ejac thread. Just curious, if Spurs win it all and its:

Kobe::5

Timmy::5

Would anyone still rank Kobe over Duncan in an all-time list ?

LkrFan
05-21-2012, 05:59 AM
Are you really asking this on a Spurs board? :rollin

DAF86
05-21-2012, 06:02 AM
No premature ejac thread. Just curious, if Spurs win it all and its:

Kobe::5

Timmy::5

Would anyone still rank Kobe over Duncan in an all-time list ?

Of course, all the Kobe groupies out there.

midnightpulp
05-21-2012, 06:04 AM
Who ranks Kirby over Duncan all-time besides Lakers fans (I give you guys a pass, even the good ones. You should stick with your franchise icon of the 00s and rank him over a rival player) and dipshit casual fans voting on TNT and ESPN polls?

djohn2oo8
05-21-2012, 07:43 AM
What would be cully's new schtick if Duncan got his 5th? I don't think he'd come back :lol

racm
05-21-2012, 07:55 AM
Duncan didn't need to have a dominant big traded to his team to win rings.

DMC
05-21-2012, 08:02 AM
Different roles.

I say, if you can build a team and have both on the floor at the same time, ranking them is pointless. Instead, rank them as if you had to bring one into the game and leave one on the bench to fill the role they play.

I will tell you that both Kobe and Duncan are miles above these pretenders that they try to pass off as stars today.

JamStone
05-21-2012, 08:03 AM
Technically, they're both at 2.5 championships each. The Spurs winning another would put Duncan at 3 championships. There would be a decent argument to put Duncan ahead of Kobe then. It's close though.

DMC
05-21-2012, 08:05 AM
Technically, they're both at 2.5 championships each. The Spurs winning another would put Duncan at 3 championships. There would be a decent argument to put Duncan ahead of Kobe then. It's close though.

That's stupid.

Duncan has 4 championships. Kobe has 5 championships.

There's no reason to qualify rings.

Latarian Milton
05-21-2012, 08:20 AM
kobe only won 2 rings as the #1 of his team, TOSB was the absolute #1 all four times so...

Duncan > Kobe

racm
05-21-2012, 08:39 AM
kobe only won 2 rings as the #1 of his team, TOSB was the absolute #1 all four times so...

Duncan > Kobe

Duncan won his first two rings with a declining Robinson, and the second had Parker and Ginobili being unproven.

OTOH Kobe had the advantage of playing with prime Shaq before they started sniping at each other then had prime Gasol.

VBM
05-21-2012, 09:37 AM
What would be cully's new schtick if Duncan got his 5th? I don't think he'd come back :lol

He laid it out at the start of the postseason. If the Spurs ring, it's Kobe = Duncan. If the Spurs ring and go through the Lakers to do so, it's Duncan > Kobe.

Dex
05-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Are you really asking this on a Spurs board? :rollin

This right here, he saiiiidddd.

djohn2oo8
05-21-2012, 10:02 AM
He laid it out at the start of the postseason. If the Spurs ring, it's Kobe = Duncan. If the Spurs ring and go through the Lakers to do so, it's Duncan > Kobe.
He'll probably claim he never said that knowing the welcher that he is.

Killakobe81
05-21-2012, 11:24 AM
I agree you should not qualify rings unless ...you are trying to make silly arguments, like if Kobe is over duncan bacause of 5 rings than Horry's 7 are > MJ's 6 which is an asinine debate. I would give Duncan full credit for all 5 even if he was not Finals MVP this year, because he could easily of been Finals MVP in 2007. And outside of Parker, Tim has been the best player on the Spurs. No one discredits Magic's or Bird for having 5 titles with HOF help. Why would I discount Tim? If Parker had to carry him home the last 2 titles? To me, it would still be close ... but I might give a slight edge to Duncan, but need to think about that more once it happens. At the very least he has to be even. But it still doesnt change the fact that Kobe has been far superior to duncan the past 3 seasons ...but if he rings this year, that is huge. TBD ...

FkLA
05-22-2012, 02:32 AM
I agree you should not qualify rings unless ...you are trying to make silly arguments, like if Kobe is over duncan bacause of 5 rings than Horry's 7 are > MJ's 6 which is an asinine debate. I would give Duncan full credit for all 5 even if he was not Finals MVP this year, because he could easily of been Finals MVP in 2007. And outside of Parker, Tim has been the best player on the Spurs. No one discredits Magic's or Bird for having 5 titles with HOF help. Why would I discount Tim? If Parker had to carry him home the last 2 titles? To me, it would still be close ... but I might give a slight edge to Duncan, but need to think about that more once it happens. At the very least he has to be even. But it still doesnt change the fact that Kobe has been far superior to duncan the past 3 seasons ...but if he rings this year, that is huge. TBD ...

:lmao

1.Hasnt the fact that Kobe has won 5 titles to Timmys 4 always been one of your biggest points for why you think Kobe>Duncan?

2.How is it even questionable that Duncan>Kobe if Timmy gets a 5th ring?

Donkeybong
05-22-2012, 02:41 AM
The guy averaged 15 and 9 in the regular season. He's had some really great playoff games, but he's playing on one of the deepest, if not the deepest team in his career. Kobe will still rank above him even if he wins his 5th, but it gets a lot closer.

FkLA
05-22-2012, 02:58 AM
The guy averaged 15 and 9 in the regular season. He's had some really great playoff games, but he's playing on one of the deepest, if not the deepest team in his career. Kobe will still rank above him even if he wins his 5th, but it gets a lot closer.

http://20.imagebam.com/download/l06QMRQwhZ9vo320yC5Nxg/14628/146278386/mj-laughing.gif

TDMVPDPOY
05-22-2012, 03:06 AM
didnt kobe lose half his rings to his divorce?...where u get 5 from?