PDA

View Full Version : Why no love for Lebron?

Killakobe81
05-21-2012, 11:34 AM
I admit I have called out James at times for his failure to reach his enormous potential. The guy is a freak and the most physically gifted player I have seen, bar none. More than MJ, Shaq, Kobe, David Robinson, Pippen, Magic, young tmac whoever. But the guy drops 40 18 and 9 and this forum heck even ESPN has not geeked out over it with proper amount of respect it deserves. 40 18 and 9?!!!! How many of you can pull that off in 2K playing against anyone decent on the higher difficulty levels? And even if you can, that is just a game, this guy did it in real life. When he fails to deliver, we have plenty of 3 quarter for a dollar jokes etc. I know he did not have to close this game, but man you have to appreciate how amazing he is when focused. I just hope now that my team is on its way out, we see more of this. James is just too good not to go nuclear at least 2 or 3 times per series ...

sammy
05-21-2012, 11:41 AM
He may be athletic and gifted but the refs allow him to travel and just barrel his way into anyone and it's an automatic foul on the opponent instead of a charge! I dislike him for the way he treated Cleveland by dragging out his decision and keeping them waiting until there was no free agents left for them to pickup once he left! I feel he did Cleveland dirty, having the Coach fired and they were doing anything to keep him and then he left! So I will never like him and I hope they are out of the playoffs! Go Indiana! They are going to have it tough as they will be playing against 8!

Venti Quattro
05-21-2012, 11:46 AM
40, 18 and 9 on 2K12 ... kind of easy.

hater
05-21-2012, 11:48 AM
he's a bad human being. sad thing is, Wade is much worse

Fpoonsie
05-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Pretty sure Harlem's still got that shit covered (all over his lips/chin).

And OP is a faggot, too.

Mugen
05-21-2012, 11:58 AM
I've seen him have absolutely ridiculous games only to follow it up with epic chokejobs and douche behavior.

CubanMustGo
05-21-2012, 12:08 PM
A great player but one who has been overhyped by EVERYONE since day one. When he turns in a performance worthy of his exalted reputation it's kind of the boy who cried wolf syndrome by now.

And he still defers way too much late in games.

Rummpd
05-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Fabulous other worldly game and for once this MVP lived up to his billing and his inherent greatness. Still don't be surprised if the Pacers win the series.

JoeTait75
05-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Like him or not, that performance yesterday was remarkable. And clutch. He came through when the Heat had to have it.

Best performance I've seen from LeBron since he was in Cleveland. This is the way he used to play in big games, before something changed.

TIMMYtoZO
05-21-2012, 12:39 PM
It was a beautiful MVP performance with many more to follow in Miami's championship journey. The swagger is back for the Heat. Good luck to the rest of the NBA. :lol

Koolaid_Man
05-21-2012, 01:00 PM

so is your mama but we treat that heifer with class :hat

TDMVPDPOY
05-21-2012, 01:12 PM
i think danny green is going to end up gettin his first championship b4 lebron...

LnGrrrR
05-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Lebron willed his team to a win yesterday. It was extremely impressive, and it's what most haters have been looking for him to do. Let's see if he continues to dominate the way he's supposed to.

LnGrrrR
05-21-2012, 01:17 PM
40, 18 and 9 on 2K12 ... kind of easy.

Well, that depends on whether it's a closeout game or not, right?

Brazil
05-21-2012, 01:27 PM
I'll respect him when he will wear a ring on his finger. When you are a douche bag acting like a jerk, only redemption is to win it all. until that he'll stay the best RS performer on his generation and a jerk at least in my mind

cheguevara
05-21-2012, 01:47 PM
not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven, not eight, not nine...

lurker
05-21-2012, 01:54 PM
I don't think Wade is a bad guy. He loves himself more than anyone else ever could, though.
http://media.thehoopdoctors.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/wadeh143.jpg

CubanMustGo
05-21-2012, 02:11 PM
I don't think Wade is a bad guy. He loves himself more than anyone else ever could, though.
http://media.thehoopdoctors.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/wadeh143.jpg

Is that worse than

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_YODg65nll_o/SYDRcjAfjNI/AAAAAAABapQ/wNnEorYCmGk/lebron-james-tattoo-001-back-chosen-one-small.jpg ??

Venti Quattro
05-21-2012, 02:23 PM
I don't see anything wrong with putting your name in the swimming pool floor.

Drachen
05-21-2012, 02:27 PM
I admit I have called out James at times for his failure to reach his enormous potential. The guy is a freak and the most physically gifted player I have seen, bar none. More than MJ, Shaq, Kobe, David Robinson, Pippen, Magic, young tmac whoever. But the guy drops 40 18 and 9 and this forum heck even ESPN has not geeked out over it with proper amount of respect it deserves. 40 18 and 9?!!!! How many of you can pull that off in 2K playing against anyone decent on the higher difficulty levels? And even if you can, that is just a game, this guy did it in real life. When he fails to deliver, we have plenty of 3 quarter for a dollar jokes etc. I know he did not have to close this game, but man you have to appreciate how amazing he is when focused. I just hope now that my team is on its way out, we see more of this. James is just too good not to go nuclear at least 2 or 3 times per series ...

this performance is the whole reason that people don't like him. He should be doing this all the time, but he doesn't he is only good enough to do this every once in a while.

Also, I would submit that David's 34-10-10-10 performance may have been a little more impressive

Killakobe81
05-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Besides not being clutch, not a lot of basketball reasons on why he doesnt deserve praise for one of the all-time amazing playoff performances. Sure, it was the Pacers and not the the 2008 Celts, 2011 Mavs, 2007 Spurs or heck even the 2009 Magic or Lakers. But that shit WAS impressive. Sure he is an arrogant prick and Wade is worse. But from a BASKETBALL perspective live or on tape it was one of the best all-around performances I have ever seen.

As for the media I agree, they crowned him too early ... and so did I. I was willing to bare witness back when he eviscerated the Pistons in 2007. As Joe said, he hasnt been that Lebron since maybe the first few games of 2009 series vs. the Magic. Something had changed. But as a fan of the game and more imprtantly someone who HATES seeing great talent go to waste ... I hope Lebron maximizes his gifts whther or not he gets a LOB.

Oh and poonsie can eat a dick, you try and talk ball on here but you have to deal with dumb comments from a gaping vagina. You dont like me or my subject matter stay the fuck out of my thread ... :lol

Killakobe81
05-21-2012, 03:29 PM
this performance is the whole reason that people don't like him. He should be doing this all the time, but he doesn't he is only good enough to do this every once in a while.

Also, I would submit that David's 34-10-10-10 performance may have been a little more impressive

And I agree. I do hold it against him to some degree that it took a clossal potential upset for LBJ to channel his gifts. I think many of his detractors hold it against him that we dont see ECF vs. Pistons Lebron more often ...
Asking him to do it ALL the time is unreasonable. If he did he would be better than MJ no question ... :wakeup

DMC
05-21-2012, 03:31 PM
It's still just a game, fwiw.

Besides, you thinking of cheating on Kobe?

Killakobe81
05-21-2012, 03:43 PM
It's still just a game, fwiw.

Besides, you thinking of cheating on Kobe?

Cheating? Im married and my wife's name is sure as hell not Kobe ...
I already stated that Im riding with OKC if and when they finish my squad. I dont want Lebron to win, I just want him to be great.
Im a Lakers fan do or die until, I die ... been a Laker before kobe will be one long after he retires.

And yes it was just one game, but NO ONE has done that since Elgin Baylor!!!
This is the NBA forum and I thought the best performance of this playoffs deserved it's own thread ...

mavsfan1000
05-21-2012, 04:22 PM
This

LkrFan
05-21-2012, 04:29 PM
That was a great stat line. He has the capabilities to do stuff like that. But let's be real here: who on Indiana can really stop him? I expect him to go off on them. Let me see him do that v. Boston (a much better defensive team) next round and I'll be impressed.

If he wasn't such a massive self-centered asshole, I might actually cheer for him one day...Who calls refers to himself biblically as "King James?" who calls himself the Chosen One? Who dances on the sidelines while his team is up 20+? Who pulls his pants down in front of millions of people and takes a dump on his former employer (not to mention millions of Ohio residents that worshipped the ground he walked on)? ...I'll tell you who. Someone who would rather have a brand name than win a ring.

I think he likes basketball but he doesn't love it. It's a means to an end. How else do you explain him only marginally increasing his skillet after 8 years? He's got GOAT talent, but I highly doubt he ever fully reaches his potential...just like his homeboy Shaq. It's actually a shame tbh.

Josepatches_
05-21-2012, 05:39 PM
Lebron has a lot of love.His jersey is always one of the most selled. He's one of the most voted for the All Star every year.

Of course he's one of the most hated.So is Kobe. It happens when you are the best player,you have a lot of money and you have all the women you want.It's called envious.

Haters gonna hate.Who cares.

And what an idiot argument the one about to leave from Cleveland.You can be trade wherever your team want but you can't leave the team ...lol
He did what he wants but nothing wrong.

And yes,he has a big ego.....same 90% of NBA players.

russellgoat
05-21-2012, 10:46 PM
I wonder how many of those that hates lebron for being a douche bag are role models.

HarlemHeat37
05-21-2012, 11:24 PM
He may be athletic and gifted but the refs allow him to travel and just barrel his way into anyone and it's an automatic foul on the opponent instead of a charge!

:lol Are you not aware of the NBA superstar rule?..

Miami hasn't received the benefit of the doubt against Indiana, in this series, at all..

I dislike him for the way he treated Cleveland by dragging out his decision and keeping them waiting until there was no free agents left for them to pickup once he left! I feel he did Cleveland dirty, having the Coach fired and they were doing anything to keep him and then he left! So I will never like him and I hope they are out of the playoffs! Go Indiana! They are going to have it tough as they will be playing against 8!

:lol Link where Lebron had Mike Brown fired?..

:lol He should be putting up historic numbers, every game?..the game he just had was arguably the greatest playoff performance by a perimeter player in the post-Jordan era..

Lebron has more responsibility than any perimeter player in NBA history..he's the primary scorer, primary playmaker AND defensive anchor on his team, a role that Magic, Bird, Jordan, Kobe, etc, never had to play..

lefty
05-21-2012, 11:28 PM
Lebron wouldnt have done shit in the 80's or 90's

Killakobe81
05-22-2012, 12:17 AM
:lol Are you not aware of the NBA superstar rule?..

Miami hasn't received the benefit of the doubt against Indiana, in this series, at all..

:lol Link where Lebron had Mike Brown fired?..

:lol He should be putting up historic numbers, every game?..the game he just had was arguably the greatest playoff performance by a perimeter player in the post-Jordan era..

Lebron has more responsibility than any perimeter player in NBA history..he's the primary scorer, primary playmaker AND defensive anchor on his team, a role that Magic, Bird, Jordan, Kobe, etc, never had to play..

Hate being on Harlem's side. But LeBron did something amazing I just wanted to give him some praise for it.

Spurs9
05-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Is that worse than

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_YODg65nll_o/SYDRcjAfjNI/AAAAAAABapQ/wNnEorYCmGk/lebron-james-tattoo-001-back-chosen-one-small.jpg ??

Wtf is this real?

Killakobe81
05-22-2012, 12:25 AM
That's not new, he has had that for a while.

ChrisRichards
05-22-2012, 12:29 AM
We've all seen this from Lebron before. A lot of people are going gaga over this performance and while this may be ridiculously good, its not his best. His ECF performance against the mvery defensive minded Pistons a few years ago was much, much more amazing.

Plus, none of this effort would return deserving praise unless he wins a title in a dominating fashion.

Killakobe81
05-22-2012, 12:44 AM
Lebron always had jersey sales and media nut huggers my main question is why no love on THIS forum?

ChrisRichards
05-22-2012, 12:52 AM
Its because he failed miserably in his last Final appearances. Spurs fans are accustomed to championships. Video game like stats is not going to impress their fanbase.

Killakobe81
05-22-2012, 12:59 AM
Its because he failed miserably in his last Final appearances. Spurs fans are accustomed to championships. Video game like stats is not going to impress their fanbase.

GTFO, duncan puts up 20 and 20 with 5 assists and this place will go nuts. I call bullshit ...

ChrisRichards
05-22-2012, 01:04 AM
GTFO, duncan poust up 20 and 20 with 5 assists and this place will go nuts. I call bullshit ...

Duncan 4
Lebron 0

Plus this is a Spurs site lol, they'll get a hard on if Splitter gets a double double. Are you serious with that post, or are you trollolololing me.