PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Record VS OKC

TP2150
05-21-2012, 04:41 PM
If we do face OKC in the conference Finals; I was noticing the Spurs record vs OKC the last three years is 8-2. Spurs beat them twice this year without Ginobili and it was before we got Diaw and Jackson as well. Their team has pretty much remained same with the exception of Fisher. Not saying it will be easy, but for some reason we have their number. :flag:

Dex
05-21-2012, 04:43 PM
Spurs match up better with the Thunder than they do the Lakers, but this will by no means be an easy task. OKC is playing with a lot of confidence right now.

Regular season =/= post season

DBMethos
05-21-2012, 04:44 PM
Them boys are ballin' right now. Good news is: so are the Spurs. This series could be epic.

ap9
05-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Fisher reminds me of .4 memories

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Spurs beat Derek Fisher and the Jazz in 2007. Would be real nice for San Antonio to do it again against Fisher and OKC.

Manu-20
05-21-2012, 04:49 PM
I know im probably one of the few who thinks the spurs can finish okc in a sweep or at very least 5 but if you look back at the two games we won we were in control pretty much the whole game and we were without Ginobili,Jackson, and Diaw. Another factor is leonard I think he is going to be huge against the thunder, he played Durant well and also I don't know why but he seems to have played some of his best games this year against the thunder.

SnakeBoy
05-21-2012, 05:00 PM
I know im probably one of the few who thinks the spurs can finish okc in a sweep

I think it's entirely possible that the spurs can sweep okc but it's also possible that okc beats us in 6 or 7. Which is why I might need to get a prescription for valium before it's all said and done.

LoneStarState'sPride
05-21-2012, 05:06 PM

This.

BatManu20
05-21-2012, 05:12 PM
Spurs match up better with the Thunder than they do the Lakers, but this will by no means be an easy task. OKC is playing with a lot of confidence right now.

This. The past means nothing. OKC is playing the best they ever have, and Westbrook is playing the best ball of his career. This will be a tough series, but i'm confident the Spurs can do it with the right scheming. It's gonna be a fight. Go Spurs. :flag:

TimmehC
05-21-2012, 05:17 PM
It's a good thing OKC has a shitty coach. That might end up making all the difference in the world.

Manu-20
05-21-2012, 05:32 PM
It's a good thing OKC has a shitty coach. That might end up making all the difference in the world.
I wouldnt say brooks is that bad of a coach but while he isn't anywere near pops level he is better than vinny.

spursfan1000
05-21-2012, 05:34 PM

Brooks isn't that bad of a coach tbh.

therealtruth
05-21-2012, 05:39 PM
OKC hasn't played the current version of the Spurs so you can throw out all records.

Spursmania
05-21-2012, 05:59 PM
I think it's entirely possible that the spurs can sweep okc but it's also possible that okc beats us in 6 or 7. Which is why I might need to get a prescription for valium before it's all said and done.

:toast

easjer
05-21-2012, 06:23 PM
There are going to be way more of the 'ugly wins' on both sides than what Spurs fans have seen in recent memory no matter how the series goes. I think it's a 6 game minimum series.

Budkin
05-21-2012, 06:47 PM

Shitty coach and really young guys who don't have anywhere near the experience that our guys do. Plus, with Timmy turning back the clock like he has they have almost no prayer of stopping him.

wut
05-21-2012, 06:52 PM
There are going to be way more of the 'ugly wins' on both sides than what Spurs fans have seen in recent memory no matter how the series goes. I think it's a 6 game minimum series.
yeh Spurs fans need to prepare themselves....there will be loses.

Sense
05-21-2012, 06:53 PM
Our young guys love to step up against the Thunder..

td4mvp3
05-21-2012, 07:02 PM

i understand the sentiment, but that doesn't quite do the OP justice. it's one thing to point to something like the one game the heat or bulls won against the spurs and say "regular season is not the playoffs" because it points out the obvious: the one game can hardly be seen as much of a barometer considering even the clippers beat the spurs once, so given more games, maybe the result is different.

but to dismiss that dominant of a record seems odd: were we saying that the reg season wasn't a barometer when the spurs faced the grizz or clips? and it would be another thing if the okc win had come against the current incarnation of the spurs later in the season as opposed to a game that had parker and blair leave at halftime, ginobili out for the game, and durant and westbrook foregoing their normal minutes just to secure a 12-point victory.

Obstructed_View
05-21-2012, 07:03 PM
yeh Spurs fans need to prepare themselves....there will be loses.

The Spurs fans are going to melt down when the team finally loses. It's how the team responds to it that matters the most.

Kidd K
05-21-2012, 07:03 PM
Yeah we're 8-2 against them with our only losses being @OKC and one being without Manu. . . but the Thunder are still the best team left in the playoffs besides us. The WCF is pretty much the "real Finals". Whoever either team happens to face in the Finals is going to lose to the west. Even Miami won't beat either team.

Fisher reminds me of .4 memories

Well hopefully the clock person starts the clock when it touches Fisher's hands this time instead of waiting half a second first again.

TD 21
05-21-2012, 08:22 PM

Interesting, because I think it'll be over in five or six . . . in favor of the Spurs. I've been thinking five for a few months, but with how obscenely well the Spurs are shooting the ball and with some recent slippage in their play (without getting the inevitable streak snapping loss out of the way in advance), at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they lose one of the first two and the series extended to six.

I'll hold off on making my final prediction for now, but either way, I don't see the Thunder being able to get this to seven. I'm not suggesting it's going to be easy or the Spurs are going to coast, because I don't believe either to be the case. But I do think there's a bigger gap between the two teams than the vast majority seem to realize.

T Park
05-21-2012, 09:01 PM
The Spurs fans are going to melt down when the team finally loses. It's how the team responds to it that matters the most.

If their reactions to being down 24 and last night are any indication, they should be ok.

Spursfan092120
05-21-2012, 09:05 PM
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/Brdman1980/tpyouarenext.jpg

TP2150
05-21-2012, 09:44 PM
Plus it's not like OKC is dominating they are not blowing out teams or anything it should be interesting. The Spurs have been beating teams by an average 10 plus points during winning streak and they have only lost twice in the last 32 or so games.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-21-2012, 09:49 PM
OKC have had a much tougher run and have proven they can win close games at the end. This will be a very tough series, probably go 7 games (6 if we're lucky).

T Park
05-21-2012, 09:57 PM
I disagree that the Mavs were a tough out. The Lakers series has been tough, but they are lucky they aren't DOWN 3-1...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-21-2012, 10:12 PM
I disagree that the Mavs were a tough out. The Lakers series has been tough, but they are lucky they aren't DOWN 3-1...

Scores in Mavs-OKC series:

99-98 (come from 7 down with 2 to go to win)
102-99 (close all the way)
95-79
103-97

3 close games, watched first two and Mavs fought all the way.

Mavs were certainly a tougher out than the Jazz.

T Park
05-21-2012, 10:14 PM
Well now you've qualified it with "Tougher than the jazz"

TP2150
05-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Mav's and Lakers are not better than the Spurs's this year and they are playing close games with them.