PDA

View Full Version : Official Lakers Offseason Thread Sponsored by Basketball Reasons

baseline bum
05-21-2012, 11:02 PM
So where do they go from here? Dump Gasol for pennies on the dollar? Get a real coach? Is Sessions worth keeping as anything more than a placeholder for 2013-14 capspace? Is Bynum's shitty attitude too toxic to build around and do they go all out for Howard instead? Time to clear capspace for 2013-14 or a completely clean house for 2014-15?

ImDaNuts
05-21-2012, 11:03 PM
Get rid of Gasol, Bynum and Sessions
Get Howard
Get a real coach
Get a real PG

Reck
05-21-2012, 11:10 PM
This team is going to be blown up.

Mike Brown will be gone, Gasol will be gone and I wouldn't be surprised if they shipped Bynum too.

In all honesty, Kobe shoudl either retire or be traded or something.

Venti Quattro
05-21-2012, 11:10 PM
Keep these four guys: Kobe, Bynum, Artest, Hill. Everyone is tradeable.

And FUCK YOU Sessions if you ask for anything more than the mini-MLE.

Killakobe81
05-21-2012, 11:14 PM
Keep these four guys: Kobe, Bynum, Artest, Hill. Everyone is tradeable.

And FUCK YOU Sessions if you ask for anything more than the mini-MLE.

This.

baseline bum
05-21-2012, 11:16 PM
Hill is garbage and you guys would be suckers to keep him. It'll be interesting to see if they can get good value for Gasol.

ElNono
05-21-2012, 11:20 PM
tbh, they should blow it up also because of lux tax going forward... you have to wonder if Mitch won't want to renegotiate the last year deal on Kobe in exchange for an extension...

Venti Quattro
05-21-2012, 11:21 PM
They're not going to amnesty Kobe because they won't be able to sign him for one year. I don't know how they are going to be able to re-negotiate a new contract with him under such circumstances.

NRHector
05-21-2012, 11:22 PM
I wonder which lake the Lakers are going to pick to go fishing

IronMaxipad
05-21-2012, 11:22 PM
2014 everyone comes off the books

Venti Quattro
05-21-2012, 11:24 PM
2014 everyone comes off the books

LeBron will be a free agent by that time. :hat

mavs>spurs
05-21-2012, 11:24 PM
kobe should go if you really want to fix things

VBM
05-21-2012, 11:26 PM
Jeremy Lin gonna save dem Lakers

baseline bum
05-21-2012, 11:26 PM
:cry RIP to the Gasol era :cry

pass1st
05-21-2012, 11:27 PM
Upgrade the PG spot and have Blake + Sessions coming into our 2nd unit.

Get a legit 2 to come off the bench for Kobe.

Either get somebody to work with Bynum and improve his game/attitude or bounce him for howard.

New coach, potato head is just a joke.

Gasol has to go, that's probably the #2 priority. He's declining fast, stock value will be zero soon.

spursfan1000
05-21-2012, 11:28 PM
Kobe would be best player to ship out because his large contract, Bynum would be second, he has so much potential you can get a lot in return . Gasol is already shipped no doubt about it. I can see mike brown staying .

Venti Quattro
05-21-2012, 11:28 PM
Thankfully, Matt Barnes' contract is coming off the books. Good luck finding your next team.

IronMaxipad
05-21-2012, 11:31 PM
Should the lakers go for one more run or "tank" next season and let everyone come off the books 2014? They'll have a lot of expiring contracts they can dangle at teams.

ElNono
05-21-2012, 11:33 PM
Kobe would be best player to ship out because his large contract, Bynum would be second, he has so much potential you can get a lot in return . Gasol is already shipped no doubt about it. I can see mike brown staying .

Kobe has a no trade clause... he's not going anywhere

Reck
Thankfully, Matt Barnes' contract is coming off the books. Good luck finding your next team.

Bobcats are calling baby. :lol

Venti Quattro
Should the lakers go for one more run or "tank" next season and let everyone come off the books 2014? They'll have a lot of expiring contracts they can dangle at teams.

We're paying Kobe $60 million over two years, they should maximize that.

No, Kobe is not going to be traded. He is worth to the Lakers more than his contract.

lefty
Gasol will end up on a milk carton when Kobe gets done with him after this.

pass1st
05-21-2012, 11:34 PM

That question is best asked at trade deadline, tbh. If Lakers don't get another scorer (primarily a PG) and do something about Bynum, it's rebuilding time.

Reck
05-21-2012, 11:35 PM
Kobe has a no trade clause... he's not going anywhere

They can always just pay him what its owe to him and they'll be square.

Its best to deal with it now because he still has some value, teams still want him. In 2 more years he'll be useless.

Mugen
05-21-2012, 11:35 PM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/915689/CP-got-Stern_d.gif

Venti Quattro
05-21-2012, 11:36 PM

Its best to deal with it now because he still has some value, teams still want him. In 2 more years he'll be useless.

$60 million plus lux tax to buy him out? So you're still going to cripple the Lakers financially, AND they are not going to be able to have returns on that $60 million :rollin :rollin :rollin

Donkeybong
05-21-2012, 11:39 PM
Mike Brown stays on unfortunately. Buss family wont eat up his contract just yet. I'm curious to see how Kobe returns next year. It was either his 2nd or 3rd lowest FG% season since he came into the league. Recovering from that wrist injury probably had something to do with that.

Gasol is gone due to tax, but I'd rather trade Bynum. Bynum isn't a franchise player IMO. We'll get the proof next year, when he is the only legit big man we'll have.

I'd keep Kobe, Gasol, Sessions for Mini-MLE, Hill, Artest, Ebanks and Goudelock (cheap contracts). Everyone else is trash as far as im concerned.

ElNono
05-21-2012, 11:39 PM

The only thing the Lakers can do is amnesty him... and they'll be on the hook for the difference between the $30m he's due and whatever the contract is in whatever team he signs up for.

So, it's not going to happen. The only other possibility is Kobe asking to be traded. But who's biting on that $30m contract for that TOSB?

HarlemHeat37
05-21-2012, 11:46 PM
Everybody is assuming Gasol is going to be traded, but I don't see how it's a given that another team takes on his contract, at this point, tbh..

A motivated Pau can still be a huge factor, especially in a legit offensive system, but his potential suitors(Minnesota, Houston) aren't 1 move away from contending, tbh, therefore, I don't see any logical reason for them to pursue him aggressively..

Donkeybong
05-21-2012, 11:54 PM
Everybody is assuming Gasol is going to be traded, but I don't see how it's a given that another team takes on his contract, at this point, tbh..

A motivated Pau can still be a huge factor, especially in a legit offensive system, but his potential suitors(Minnesota, Houston) aren't 1 move away from contending, tbh, therefore, I don't see any logical reason for them to pursue him aggressively..

I could see Minnesota moving Beasley and one of their PG's and a pick for Gasol.

Donkeybong
05-21-2012, 11:55 PM
nm... beasley is a FA

IronMaxipad
05-21-2012, 11:56 PM

Someone will take him

baseline bum
05-21-2012, 11:56 PM
Mike Brown stays on unfortunately. Buss family wont eat up his contract just yet. I'm curious to see how Kobe returns next year. It was either his 2nd or 3rd lowest FG% season since he came into the league. Recovering from that wrist injury probably had something to do with that.

I think Brown just ran him into the ground with the ridiculous minutes.

Jt.ONE
05-22-2012, 12:01 AM

http://rumorsontheinternets.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/shaq-and-conan.gif?w=600

Venti Quattro
05-22-2012, 12:07 AM
Who's actually open to trading Bynum? He's the loose cannon in a roster that has Ron Artest in it.

BlackSwordsMan
05-22-2012, 12:08 AM
matt bonner for bynum
lets do it

IronMaxipad
05-22-2012, 12:10 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/29ndoht.jpg

"it's gonna be a long offseason"

ducks
05-22-2012, 12:11 AM
bynum
makes 16 million next year with team option wow

jeebus
05-22-2012, 12:12 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/29ndoht.jpg

"it's gonna be a long offseason"

Joining the Terry gif in infamy tbh

DJ Mbenga
05-22-2012, 12:15 AM
brown extracted what he could from the team. his offense or lack there of is garbage but he got them to play on the defensive end like phil never did. he needs a shot with training camp. he ran the big 3 to the ground but he didnt have a choice, kupchak failed him in getting depth. gasol is gone, i never thought 2 7 footers could work in a zone nba and it was right.

ChrisRichards
05-22-2012, 12:17 AM
Gasol wants to stay. Bynum wants to go. Trade both.

Bynum is not a franchise player. He has pretty good value right now. Sell high and obtain younger talents, but this is unlikely. Buss Jr loves him. Gasol and Kobe's marriage has officially ended. They had a great run but Kobe cant count on Gasol when the going gets tough. Gasol is mentally exhausted to keep up with Kobe's desire to win a championship.

Re-sign Sessions. He's good. Trade Blake (unlikely). Definitely re-sign Jordan Hill. Do not offer Barnes an extension. Give Ebanks more playing time. Keep MWP for the lulz. Get another scorer off the bench. Makes you wonder how the Clippers got Nick Young for Brian Cook, he's not the smartest player but the boy could score and he wouldve been huge for LA's bench in this series. Do not burn Kobe out next season. 32 Mpg or less is ideal.

If Houston offered Kevin Martin and Scola for Gasol. You take it and shake hands. no questions asked.

If possible, get rid of MB. Hire SVG.

Spurtacus
05-22-2012, 12:20 AM
kobe should take a paycut before anything else gets started

ChrisRichards
05-22-2012, 12:21 AM
brown extracted what he could from the team. his offense or lack there of is garbage but he got them to play on the defensive end like phil never did.

The Lakers fell short not because they can't score. Its because OKC can score against them...with ease. MB's defense was severely exposed. He was great in Cleveland because Lebron James was a great catalyst defensively. MB's best defender in LA is Bynum and he rarely shows up in that end. Lebron James honestly made MB look a lot better than what he really is.