PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers got beat by a better team

DrHouse
05-21-2012, 11:32 PM
We were flawed since the beginning of the season.

I think the Gasol+Bynum experiment must end. One of the two needs to go next season. I would actually prefer to get rid of Bynum, he's definitely the more attractive trade piece. If D12 could be had, that's basically as good as LAL can do to reload for one last run. Need to bring in more shooters. Sessions gotta work on that jumper. Oh and FIRE MIKE BROWN.

Anyways, I'll be rooting for you SAS. Take these young bucks out to the woodshed.

Venti Quattro
05-21-2012, 11:34 PM
I can't really complain beyond some shitty officiating. The Lakers shot themselves in the foot too many times in this series.

ElNono
05-21-2012, 11:36 PM
If Kobe keeps on record chasing that scoring record, and you don't get a coach to keep him in check, nothing is going to change, IMO...

pass1st
05-21-2012, 11:38 PM
If Kobe keeps on record chasing that scoring record, and you don't get a coach to keep him in check, nothing is going to change, IMO...

Only coach Kobe would listen to is Phil and he's off sipping margaritas and banging Buss' daughter.

Spursfan092120
05-21-2012, 11:39 PM
Maybe I'm out of my mind, but why would you trade Bynum for D12? You're basically exchanging one man for a guy who plays the exact same way, and also can't shoot free throws. If this "experiment" is a failure, why would you trade for a guy who plays the same?

midnightpulp
05-21-2012, 11:42 PM
The Kobe ISO, ISO, ISO experiment needs to end.

venky
05-21-2012, 11:44 PM
It is what it is. Looking forward to getting rid of all the chokers. Pau needs to go.

ElNono
05-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Lakerfan can't get all the way down though... This season was progress... at least one game was won in the 2nd round...

:lol

DrHouse
05-22-2012, 12:08 AM
At the end of the day, LAL has had great success in the post Shaq era. 2 titles, 3 Finals appearances. Can't complain about that.

I'm hoping we can make one more run before Kobe finishes lacing them up.

NRHector
05-22-2012, 12:11 AM
Lakerfan can't get all the way down though... This season was progress... at least one game was won in the 2nd round...

mavs>spurs
05-22-2012, 12:11 AM
pau isn't at all interested in helping kobe win #6 after kobe's wife played a part in his breakup with his fiance..that's been apparent in the way he has sabotaged the lakers in the past 2 playoffs. gasol is still a good player i think, he just hates kobe deep down.

Latarian Milton
05-22-2012, 06:17 AM
We were flawed since the beginning of the season.

I think the Gasol+Bynum experiment must end. One of the two needs to go next season. I would actually prefer to get rid of Bynum, he's definitely the more attractive trade piece. If D12 could be had, that's basically as good as LAL can do to reload for one last run. Need to bring in more shooters. Sessions gotta work on that jumper. Oh and FIRE MIKE BROWN.

Anyways, I'll be rooting for you SAS. Take these young bucks out to the woodshed.

totally agree and im rooting for them spurs too tbh. lakers are getting rid of Pau instead of bynum, bynum is a more complete player then D12 believe or not and if you swap him for DH it'd be no better then a one step forward, two steps back movement tbh. DH's offensive game is just above average at finest, he just bulls the opposing C with athleticism but he never shows any sort of dominance like the prime shaq.

his D has been well vaunted but it's not actually this good either, still it's his athleticism that makes him look decent on both ends of the floor, but in term of skills & awareness he's just an above average player and when he starts to lose his athleticism due to aging, he's a crapping out real soon tbh

Sportcamper
05-22-2012, 08:44 AM
Well I did not expect the Lakers to get past Oklahoma but I was disgusted at the officiating…I understand the refs calling a tight game in close out situations but Perkins brought no athleticism this series…He mauled tugged on jerseys & pushed in the back every play…Then they call ticky tack incidental contact fouls on Bynum last night which put the big guy in the hole in the 1st quarter…Then they give Artest a Flagrant when he made a clean “all ball “ block…Then they T-up Kobe for challenging the call….

Oklahoma or Spurs vs Indiana ?….I will be watching Pawn Stars & NASCAR like the rest to the country…The NBA is a a scripted joke…:bang

dunkman
05-22-2012, 09:01 AM
Odom was very important, he complemented the Gasol - Bynum rotation. That being said, the Thunder forced the Lakers to take too many bad shots. Mike Brown can't coach offense.

tesseractive
05-22-2012, 09:17 AM
Well I did not expect the Lakers to get past Oklahoma but I was disgusted at the officiating…I understand the refs calling a tight game in close out situations but Perkins brought no athleticism this series…He mauled tugged on jerseys & pushed in the back every play…Then they call ticky tack incidental contact fouls on Bynum last night which put the big guy in the hole in the 1st quarter…Then they give Artest a Flagrant when he made a clean “all ball “ block…Then they T-up Kobe for challenging the call….

Oklahoma or Spurs vs Indiana ?….I will be watching Pawn Stars & NASCAR like the rest to the country…The NBA is a a scripted joke…:bang

:violin :violin :violin :violin :violin

:rollin :fishing :rollin

Killakobe81
05-22-2012, 09:20 AM
Mehh some bad calls all playoffs, not just this series. Some calls we got, plenty we didnt, but that shit evens out over time. Lakers had no one to blame but themselves. We (Kobe especially) pissed away 2 games, but the better team won. They were 6 games better in the regular season and blew us out 2 of the 5 and won 2 of the 3 close games in the series.

We shot horrible from deep, a season long issue. Our bench is non-existent. And we got inconsistent production offensively and defensively from our PG's and offensively from our SF rotation who were decent to very good on defense. Kobe scored well but shot poorly at times. Bynum was a offensive weapon but still needs to improve at handling doubles. Our pnr defense was shaky and our offense featured not enough ball movement and too much ball stopping Kobe iso plays. Despite what anyone says Kobe is still an amazing 1 on 1 player. But to win a title no way (even when he was at his peak) is that a championship formula. We need more players that can penetrate shoot and create plays on offense. Kobe's usage rate was way too high.

Ashy Larry
05-22-2012, 10:24 AM
okc showed some balls ...... lakers gave away like two games. Similiar to 1984 against the C's ............ and even if they had defeated the Thunder, San Antone would have taxed that ass

Medvedenko
05-22-2012, 10:34 AM
The season was doomed from the start after Stern nixed the Paul trade. Caused too many deep wounds (Pau, Odom etc). I was actually surprised by their record considering the turmoil from players to the HO.....however this is the Lakers and it's par for the course and controversy is germaine to their organization.

OKC showed a lot of growth since 2010 when the Lakers dispatched them. They have a strong team and a good rotation, however I still think the Spurs will wear them down.

Still, would like to see OKC win the ring this year.

TheTreeOfWoe
05-22-2012, 10:36 AM
How are those highlights treatin ya?

Durant 35
05-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the good wishes...

DJB
05-22-2012, 01:22 PM
It is what it is. Looking forward to getting rid of all the chokers. Pau needs to go.

It's got nothing to do with your players.

You lost Phil Jackson.

mavsfan1000
05-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Yes they did. We knew that from the beginning though.

tesseractive
05-22-2012, 02:06 PM
It's got nothing to do with your players.

You lost Phil Jackson.

We've secretly replaced the Lakers' Phil Jackson with Mike Brown. Let's see if they notice....

dbestpro
05-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Bold Laker prediction: D'Antonio will be hired as head coach and the Lakers will find a way to get Nash, Martin and Scola with Gasol going out the door and Artest not too far behind. Probably grab some of Houston's deep bench, as well.

tesseractive
05-22-2012, 07:10 PM
Bold Laker prediction: D'Antonio will be hired as head coach and the Lakers will find a way to get Nash, Martin and Scola with Gasol going out the door and Artest not too far behind. Probably grab some of Houston's deep bench, as well.

If you hired D'Antoni, Pau would be the guy you wanted to keep. He would be terrific in D'Antoni's offense.

DMC
05-22-2012, 07:55 PM
Kobe makes the Lakers a shit load of money. The big cable contract they got wasn't because of Blake.

Kobe will have to quell Kobe. There's not a coach in the league who could do that given his worth to the franchise. He will just tell them to fuck off, what are they going to do?

A successful coach will run the triangle, because that's what Kobe knows and what will get Pau and Drew touches. Everyone else will do what they are there to do, play cum catchers.

DMC
05-22-2012, 07:59 PM
If you hired D'Antoni, Pau would be the guy you wanted to keep. He would be terrific in D'Antoni's offense.
I don't think so. Pau is always trailing the break.

Spursmania
05-22-2012, 08:20 PM
I think Brown sucks balls as the Lakers' head coach. This team is currently loaded with enough talent to more than compete for a championship. They have the 2 biggest big men in the league and one of the greatest players that has ever played. Fuck - they looked like shit out there. They weren't pumped or hustling. Bynum jogging down the court as if it's a regular season game. Saying stupid things like closing out games is easy. I mean total guffaws. Then you have Pau looking lost and hesitant and giving up shots he can make with his eyes closed.

They looked lost, pathetic, discombobulated, and they hated playing with each other.

Coach Brown is responsible for his inept coaching or lack thereof. The guy can't handle this team and it's evident the team has no respect for him.
Brown did absolutely the shittiest coaching job ever. This team underproduced and just wasted this season.

Btw, I hate the fucking Lakers but seeing that much talent go to waste is a travesty. That is all.

pgardn
05-22-2012, 08:31 PM
Please keep Bynum and Artest.

The soap opera on and off the court was wonderful entertainment.

A child with a lunatic.

Good stuff...

UZER
05-22-2012, 09:05 PM

So a Laker fan finally admits the 2002 WCF were rigged. :toast