PDA

View Full Version : Jon Barry picks Thunder to win in 6

SpurPadre
05-22-2012, 12:45 AM
5 ESPN analysts have made their picks with Barry being the only one to pick OKC and he thinks they'll win in 6 games. Fucking bitch is just mad 'cuz TP fucked his brother's wife.

honestfool84
05-22-2012, 12:45 AM
duh.

NASpurs
05-22-2012, 12:46 AM
:cry

WGAF

Fpoonsie
05-22-2012, 12:47 AM
31g0YE61PLQ

SpurPadre
05-22-2012, 12:48 AM
duh.

Yeah, but he can at least try to be professional. 7 games is understandable but 6? Even Stephen Asshole Smith thinks he's stupid for thinking that.

T Park
05-22-2012, 12:49 AM
If he was pissed about Parker, then uh, why did he pick the Spurs to sweep the last series?

Its his opinion, OKC is good, he might be right.

SpurPadre
05-22-2012, 12:52 AM
If he was pissed about Parker, then uh, why did he pick the Spurs to sweep the last series?

Uh, because if he picked the Paper Clips, he'd look like a complete fucking tard like Israel Guttierez, another Spurs hater.

T Park
05-22-2012, 12:55 AM
:rolleyes

They arent haters, theyre commentators paid to give an opinion.

Good god.

TDMVPDPOY
05-22-2012, 12:57 AM
looks like someone is mad....

SpurPadre
05-22-2012, 12:59 AM
looks like someone is mad....

I am mad. Mad of blatant disrespect for the Spurs. You'd think I'd get used to it by now but with the team playing inspired ball, it's still out there and it pisses me off a bit, that's all.

timtonymanu
05-22-2012, 12:59 AM
gnsf obsessing over Jon Barry again. What else is new?

blkroadrunners
05-22-2012, 01:00 AM
Who cares, Guti will prolly pick OKC to sweep the Spurs and win each game by an average of 20 pts.

Darkwaters
No, Barry is a definite Spurs hater. He's consistently shown that. Fortunately his picks are usually about as prolific as his NBA career.

PublicOption
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/okc-thunder-seattle-shirt-530x414.jpg

timtonymanu
05-22-2012, 01:01 AM
And it's not disrespect. OKC can easily win in 6. If he said OKC in 4, then yeah you can call that disrespect.

SpurPadre
05-22-2012, 01:03 AM
gnsf obsessing over Jon Barry again. What else is new?

GNSF? I'm a relatively new guy here and I started this thread. I also don't see anyone with a GNSF handle. Are you mistaking me from another poster here?

NASpurs
05-22-2012, 01:04 AM
Trollinger has the Spurs in 5 and yet Barry can't have the Thunder in 6 according to the OP. Can't have them both ways. The two teams are good.

Someone has a sore vagina here.

SpurPadre
05-22-2012, 01:04 AM
And it's not disrespect. OKC can easily win in 6. If he said OKC in 4, then yeah you can call that disrespect.

You are a Spurs fan, right? If so, I'd thought you'd have my back on this one. Oh well.

NASpurs
05-22-2012, 01:05 AM
GNSF? I'm a relatively new guy here and I started this thread. I also don't see anyone with a GNSF handle. Are you mistaking me from another poster here?

grey named Spurs fan... people who are new here and start shitting threads like this one. Grow a pair.

timvp
05-22-2012, 01:06 AM

/thread

BatManu20
05-22-2012, 01:07 AM
Eh who cares what JB thinks. THe Spurs sure as hell don't. They're focused on taking care of business. WIN WIN WIN. Go Spurs.

timtonymanu
05-22-2012, 01:07 AM
You are a Spurs fan, right? If so, I'd thought you'd have my back on this one. Oh well.

I am a Spurs fan. But I'm not a gnsf. I'm not defending Barry either. I just think this thread is unnecessary. Barry didn't pick the Spurs. So fricking what?

timtonymanu
05-22-2012, 01:10 AM
:rolleyes

They arent haters, theyre commentators paid to give an opinion.

Good god.

He didn't pick my team. He must be a hater. :cry

TE
05-22-2012, 01:12 AM

This.

SpurPadre
05-22-2012, 01:18 AM
I am a Spurs fan. But I'm not a gnsf. I'm not defending Barry either. I just think this thread is unnecessary. Barry didn't pick the Spurs. So fricking what?

Ok, no need to be a dick about it. I'm a Spurs fan just like you. I'm not inventing these silly acronyms to hate on a fellow fan either.

SpurPadre
05-22-2012, 01:19 AM
grey named Spurs fan... people who are new here and start shitting threads like this one. Grow a pair.

What's with the fellow Spurs fan bashing? I guess I have to get used to fans insulting each other here.

Cow Eye
05-22-2012, 01:24 AM
I'm a GNSF and this forum is nothing but acronyms ffs.

You could probably have an entire post with nothing but acronyms. Challenge accepted?

tediousj
05-22-2012, 01:29 AM
i'm a gnsf and this forum is nothing but acronyms ffs.

You could probably have an entire post with nothing but acronyms. Challenge accepted?

lol... Gnsf ftw, tbh

timtonymanu
05-22-2012, 01:29 AM
Legler just picked the Thunder in 6 too. I guess we should hate him as well.

SpurPadre
05-22-2012, 01:33 AM
Legler just picked the Thunder in 6 too. I guess we should hate him as well.

Keep being an asshole. I just want the Spurs to win and was just venting. I hope to get along better with most people here.

dbreiden83080
OKC played great. Lakers should have pushed this to 6 or 7 but they choked and like all great teams OKC took advantage...

Cow Eye
lol... Gnsf ftw, tbh

qft, imo.

SpurPadre
05-22-2012, 01:36 AM
qft, imo.

I get many acronyms but nowadays, people come up with goofy ones and I just quit trying to keep up with the new ones. It's all good, though, LOL.

Cow Eye
05-22-2012, 01:40 AM
I still don't know a lot of the st-specific acronyms (SPURS TALK LOLOL).

I can expect a degree of "hazing" with a new member no one has ever seen before, but it would be naive to assume that "gnsf" = a new fan.

I know there are some old timers around here, but for me personally, I've been a fan since 1993 when I first moved to San Antonio.

Durant 35
05-22-2012, 01:58 AM
5 ESPN analysts have made their picks with Barry being the only one to pick OKC and he thinks they'll win in 6 games. Fucking bitch is just mad 'cuz TP fucked his brother's wife.

So everybody has to pick spurs hey? So because somebody picked you to lose that makes him a bitch? Stupid logic there

This thunder team is a great team who you can argue has the 2nd best player in basketball, another to 10 player in Westbrook, 17 points per game 3rd option, elite defensive bigs and a team who plays great D.

Why wouldn't some pick thunder to win? More so if people consider these the two best teams.

SpurPadre
05-22-2012, 02:03 AM
So everybody has to pick spurs hey? So because somebody picked you to lose that makes him a bitch? Stupid logic there

I just think Barry has a personal agenda. I'm not saying everyone should pick the Spurs or they're stupid but in 6 games, really? We're talking about a team who hasn't lost since April 11th and has home court advantage. 7 games is reasonable, but 6? THAT is stupid logic to me.

MI21
05-22-2012, 02:05 AM
Nothing wrong with Thunder in 6.

I would be thinking something similar and I'm the biggest Spurs fan I know.

SpurPadre
05-22-2012, 02:07 AM
Nothing wrong with Thunder in 6.

I would be thinking something similar and I'm the biggest Spurs fan I know.

I just think the way our Spurs have been playing lately, that they deserve more respect than to think they'd go out in 6 games.

Durant 35
05-22-2012, 02:09 AM
I just think Barry has a personal agenda. I'm not saying everyone should pick the Spurs or they're stupid but in 6 games, really? We're talking about a team who hasn't lost since April 11th and has home court advantage. 7 games is reasonable, but 6? THAT is stupid logic to me.

6 games is more realistic than in 7. I don't see us winning a game 7 on the road not in SA.

SpurPadre
05-22-2012, 02:09 AM
No, there are MANY MANY MANY more fucking things that make Barry a bitch. This is just the one that gets to some of the "fans" on here.

What do you mean by "fans"? Are you really questioning the fandom of people here based on what, posts on a message board?

SpurPadre
05-22-2012, 02:10 AM
6 games is more realistic than in 7. I don't see us winning a game 7 on the road not in SA.

Well, we'll see what happens. I think it will be a war and just like Pop, I'm scared to hell about it!

timtonymanu
05-22-2012, 02:11 AM

I'm not saying the Thunder will beat the Spurs, but you're really underrating the Thunder. Both teams are capable of beating each other.

By that same logic, you could call Hollinger stupid for saying Spurs in 5 or Legler for saying Spurs in 6. Any analyst saying either team would sweep the other, I agree, would be stupid logic.

ElNono
05-22-2012, 02:13 AM
Legler picked OKC in 6 also... frankly, OKC is good, and HCA might be the difference maker here... that said, Spurs can't fall alseep at home. It will be key to come out ready in Game 1...

Durant 35
05-22-2012, 02:14 AM
If we do lose to you guys I hope it is in 6 or 7 games and you do go on to win it all... Losing badly would be bad going into next year. And next year if we make a few adjustments I don't see how we don't win it all next season due to our new experience and youth improvement... This could be the spurs year and maybe the last with the Duncan, Parker, Manu core... Guess we will see

ElNono
05-22-2012, 02:16 AM
This will be an enjoyable WCF for me... there's the Presti connection, and they've a well coached, good young team. Obviously, I hope the Spurs move on, but I wouldn't have a problem with OKC representing the West if they're the better team, tbh

SpurPadre
05-22-2012, 02:17 AM
I'm not saying the Thunder will beat the Spurs, but you're really underrating the Thunder. Both teams are capable of beating each other.

By that same logic, you could call Hollinger stupid for saying Spurs in 5 or Legler for saying Spurs in 6. Any analyst saying either team would sweep the other, I agree, would be stupid logic.

If you read my other posts about my thoughts on the Thunder, you'd know I'm not underrating them. I'm scared to hell about them but whoever wins, I think 7 games is the likeliest for either team. The only reason I'm not calling out Hollinger for picking the Spurs in 5 is because it's been extremely RARE for analysts to pick us beating a dominant team in that fashion...and it's refreshing to me as a Spurs fan for over 20 years.

Durant 35
05-22-2012, 02:18 AM
If you read my other posts about my thoughts on the Thunder, you'd know I'm not underrating them. I'm scared to hell about them but whoever wins, I think 7 games is the likeliest for either team. The only reason I'm not calling out Hollinger for picking the Spurs in 5 is because it's been extremely RARE for analysts to pick us beating a dominant team in that fashion...and it's refreshing to me as a Spurs fan for over 20 years.

I suppose you have earnt it as you have never been this dominant.

SpurPadre
05-22-2012, 02:21 AM
I suppose you have earnt it as you have never been this dominant.

Well, we were dominant in 3 of our 4 Championships (with us barely squeeking by the Pistons in '05) but your respect is duly noted, man.

timtonymanu
05-22-2012, 02:23 AM

So it's okay for Hollinger to pick the Spurs in 5, but it's not okay for Barry to have an opinion and pick the Thunder in 6. Gotcha.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2012, 02:24 AM
OKC's pretty fucking good. It's not out of the question that, I don't know, he thinks they might win. The Spurs don't play particularly well when the world is singing their praises.

SpurPadre
05-22-2012, 02:27 AM
So it's okay for Hollinger to pick the Spurs in 5, but it's not okay for Barry to have an opinion and pick the Thunder in 6. Gotcha.

Look, I just know you're not going to respect my opinion no matter what so I'm not going to keep repeating my opinions towards you. Besides you keep cherry-picking my points anyways. I'll bite one more time, though. It's highly unusual for analysts to pick the Spurs to be so dominant and it's refreshing to me as a Spurs fan. As a Spurs fan for over 20 years, it's become a cliche seeing analysts go out of their way to pick against the Spurs. Barry usually follows this line and it just bothers me a bit. Why you're so hell bent on defending Barry and bash a fellow Spurs fan is beyond me.

SA210
05-22-2012, 02:41 AM
Wasn't JB just saying the other day the Spurs are the best team in basketball?

timtonymanu
05-22-2012, 02:41 AM
Look, I just know you're not going to respect my opinion no matter what so I'm not going to keep repeating my opinions towards you. Besides you keep cherry-picking my points anyways. I'll bite one more time, though. It's highly unusual for analysts to pick the Spurs to be so dominant and it's refreshing to me as a Spurs fan. As a Spurs fan for over 20 years, it's become a cliche seeing analysts go out of their way to pick against the Spurs. Barry usually follows this line and it just bothers me a bit. Why you're so hell bent on defending Barry and bash a fellow Spurs fan is beyond me.

Look the Spurs and Thunder could beat each other in 6 or 7 games. Barry's prediction wasn't hating. It could happen. By your logic, Thunder fans should call for Hollinger's head for suggesting they go out in 5 games.

I don't like Jon Barry either. But you're really making a big deal out of nothing about his predictions. If he said Thunder in 4, I would definitely make a big deal out of THAT.

timtonymanu
05-22-2012, 02:42 AM
Legler picked OKC in 6 also... frankly, OKC is good, and HCA might be the difference maker here... that said, Spurs can't fall alseep at home. It will be key to come out ready in Game 1...

Yeah the Thunder are capable of stealing a game away from us. Hopefully Manu and Jack can have a much better series here. Actually the whole bench in general.

therealtruth
05-22-2012, 03:38 AM
The first two games are crucial. The Spurs have to defend home court.

dmon35
05-22-2012, 04:06 AM
this is a dumb thread....

100%duncan
05-22-2012, 04:22 AM
if he was pissed about parker, then uh, why did he pick the spurs to sweep the last series?

Its his opinion, okc is good, he might be right.

+1

will_spurs
05-22-2012, 04:31 AM

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197658

Barry was the only one to say the Spurs would sweep the Clippers, and THAT was an odd prediction coming from a member of the Barry family. Thunder in 6 is exactly what I expected him to predict for this series, or even Thunder in 5.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-22-2012, 04:33 AM
Didn't someone predict the Clippers to beat the Spurs in 6, and look how that turned out. I'd be perfectly happy with a similar sweep of OKC under a similar "OKC in 6" prediction.

davidbowie
05-22-2012, 04:34 AM
does brent have to pick the different series for nba tv?

George Gervin's Afro
05-22-2012, 07:28 AM
Well the Thunder are a pretty good basketball team who could realisitically win the series in 6 games.

mando6599
05-22-2012, 07:30 AM
Legler picked OKC in 6 too. Hmmmmm....

NASpurs
05-22-2012, 07:42 AM
What's with the fellow Spurs fan bashing? I guess I have to get used to fans insulting each other here.

:lmao you came to the wrong place if you want to be in a circle jerk.

And Spurs fan always feeling slighted because someone isn't kissing our team's ass is getting old. Is there a fanbase anywhere that is always looking for praise more than our own? Geez. Even the players like being "under the radar" so if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me.

TampaDude
05-22-2012, 07:42 AM
Just glad the Lakers and Mavs are done.

Spurs in 5.

Maddog
05-22-2012, 07:45 AM
Look the Spurs and Thunder could beat each other in 6 or 7 games. Barry's prediction wasn't hating. It could happen. By your logic, Thunder fans should call for Hollinger's head for suggesting they go out in 5 games.

I don't like Jon Barry either. But you're really making a big deal out of nothing about his predictions. If he said Thunder in 4, I would definitely make a big deal out of THAT.

Well the Thunder are a pretty good basketball team who could realisitically win the series in 6 games.

4 of 6 picked the Spurs
2 picked the Thunder
Fan poll has a slight edge for the Spurs
All seems very reasonable.
Head to head Spurs did better- 2-1 only loss was before the current incarnation. However two wins over OKC came after OKC played the night before.
Spurs 8-0 in playoffs one close game.
OKC 8-1 with multiple close games- however better competition.

Looks close to me. Can see the"experts" spinning it either way
My angst meter is high

Legacy
05-22-2012, 07:47 AM
WTFever. Who gives a fuck what he thinks? :downspin:

_jin
05-22-2012, 07:50 AM
So people aren't allowed to have their own opinions? And anyway, who cares if he picked the Thunder?
It's not like it's gonna change the outcome of the series or anything, and it's nothing like Gutierrez picking the Clips over us last round.
Even though most people here just seem ready to hang a new banner, they forget that OKC is the biggest obstacle and has a legit chance of beating us.

_jin
05-22-2012, 07:54 AM
:lmao you came to the wrong place if you want to be in a circle jerk.

And Spurs fan always feeling slighted because someone isn't kissing our team's ass is getting old. Is there a fanbase anywhere that is always looking for praise more than our own? Geez. Even the players like being "under the radar" so if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me.
THIS
I've been roaming ST since the beginning of the season, and I've seen more threads pointing out the lacks of praises than actual praises
And yet some ppl don't seem to understand that it's this lack of exposure that guys like TD and Pop appreciate, and they would prolly not be here anymore if the spotlight was too bright.

cheguevara
05-22-2012, 08:30 AM
yes, that is a decent prediction. my computations are coming out with that prediction as often as spurs in 7....

T Park
05-22-2012, 08:36 AM
OKC's pretty fucking good. It's not out of the question that, I don't know, he thinks they might win. The Spurs don't play particularly well when the world is singing their praises.

The only time if ever they did was 2007

Obstructed_View
05-22-2012, 08:40 AM
Nah, the world was too busy whining about TV ratings. Somehow the only time that ever comes up in conversation - ever - in sports is when the Spurs are winning.

T Park
05-22-2012, 08:44 AM
I remember in 07 them getting the dynasty and "great teams" love...

KaiRMD1
05-22-2012, 08:47 AM

We're our own worst enemy sadly

Drachen
05-22-2012, 08:51 AM
Uh, because if he picked the Paper Clips, he'd look like a complete fucking tard like Israel Guttierez, another Spurs hater.

No he was the ONLY one who picked the spurs to sweep. It wasn't a question of picking the clippers. It was a question of picking the spurs in 4,5,6, or 7. He chose spurs in 4.

spursnatic
05-22-2012, 09:07 AM
No he is mad cause he wasn't good enough to be picked up by the SPURS and win a couple of rings like his Brother did....

hater
05-22-2012, 09:10 AM
San Antonio Thunder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Budkin
05-22-2012, 09:17 AM
Legler picked the Thunder in 6 as well. And I know he's no Spurs hater.

coyotes_geek
05-22-2012, 09:22 AM

Either that or he just thinks the Thunder are better. One or the other......

coyotes_geek
05-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Legler picked OKC in 6 too. Hmmmmm....

Obviously he's upset about what Tony Parker did to his co-worker's brother's marriage.......

cheguevara
05-22-2012, 09:26 AM
LMAO spursfan is pathetic. this is an even series to the non-homers.

703 Spurz
05-22-2012, 09:44 AM

Do you really think he picks against the Spurs b/c of some bullshit personal issue with TP and his brother? That has to be the most pussy fucked horsefuck excuse I've ever heard.

Oh noes, Jon Barry is angry that TP may have fucked his brother's wife. I'm GONNA PICK OKC TO BEAT THE SPURS IN THE WCF!

Take THAT Tony Parker!!!

rjv
05-22-2012, 09:46 AM
Yeah, but he can at least try to be professional. 7 games is understandable but 6? Even Stephen Asshole Smith thinks he's stupid for thinking that.

6 makes sense on the OKC pick because it goes against the odds of thunder having to win a game 7 on the road.

SpursIndonesia
05-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Jon Barry's a bitch, but certainly not for picking OKC to win in 6.

King
05-22-2012, 10:00 AM
The Thunder are good enough to sweep the Spurs. The Spurs are good enough to sweep the Thunder. Nothing in this series will surprise me.

Not picking the Spurs to win it all isn't disrespect. It's acknowledging that there are other VERY good teams out there.

Spurs9
05-22-2012, 10:01 AM
Did Parker actually bang Brents wife, or just text?

Spurfect21
05-22-2012, 10:05 AM
Lmao y'all are funny as shit...it's just a guys opinion who cares? Okc is good. It's not like he's saying they'll sweep us or embarrass us. This is the problem with all the days off. Arguments over stupid shit will happen every day lol

manufan10
05-22-2012, 10:07 AM
Just don't create a new thread when Gutierrez predicts the Thunder to win it in 4-5. Just use this one.

101A
05-22-2012, 10:28 AM
4 of 6 picked the Spurs
2 picked the Thunder
Fan poll has a slight edge for the Spurs
All seems very reasonable.
Head to head Spurs did better- 2-1 only loss was before the current incarnation. However two wins over OKC came after OKC played the night before.
Spurs 8-0 in playoffs one close game.
OKC 8-1 with multiple close games- however better competition.

Looks close to me. Can see the"experts" spinning it either way
My angst meter is high

Note the bold: "however better competition".

It has certainly appeared that way. OKC is more "battle tested" etc...etc....

However, I went back and looked at actual records.

Utah and Dallas had identical records; however Utah finished the year 7-3, while Dallas slipped in playing .500 ball. On paper, at least, Utah would have looked to be the tougher matchup at that point this season. Now on the court, Dallas certainly appeared to be the tougher draw (at least in the first two games.)

As for the LA teams; they were separated by only one game in the RS; and finished the season with a similar run. "The Clippers were hurt" is a common argument; however, those Clips, ostensibly more hurt, closed out Memphis on the road before being made to look inept in the WCSF.

It wasn't the playoffs, but the Spurs played that same Laker team twice during this current winning streak, while both teams were battling for playoff position, and beat them like a red headed step child both times.

My point is, obviously the Spurs have not been strained or had to flex real hard the first two series; but I'm not sure if they had been on OKC's side of the bracket it would look much different.

Look at the facts, the run, the margin of victory that exists regardless of opponent or venue. I think, as hard as it might be for us all to wrap our minds around, that the Spurs are just THAT GOOD.

It's not about matchups, this player against that player. It's about team. After all we don't predetermine who is going to be the best basketball player simply by the sum of his parts (most of us, anyway). We don't measure his arms, biceps, legs, etc... and determine that this guy will beat that guy; we look at how the guy actually performs on the court. Otherwise, David Robinson would be the best basketball player ever; God got serious when he designed him. Robinson would certainly be a better player than Tim, right? Just look at them!

I've watched the playoffs, and been very impressed with OKC's players; they make a ton of shots, many difficult. They have many more highlights than the Spurs. Step back fadeaways, follow slams; all very impressive. The Spurs don't make a lot of tough shots because the Spurs almost never take tough shots. Their team and system get open looks constantly. Expect Oklahoma to have to make many more tough, or uncomfortable shots during this series; it's what Pop/the Spurs do to opponents. At the end of the games, in crunch time, when Durant and Westbrook have each played more than 40 minutes, expect the Spurs to get exactly the shot they want. Up until Sunday, after all, I don't know how many times I had heard that CP3 was the best closer in basketball.

The Spurs just finished making two playoff teams look young, inexperience; not ready for the playoffs. I expect, to a lesser degree, they're about to do it again.

tmtcsc
05-22-2012, 10:40 AM
I think most fans in here have total respect for OKC and what they are capable of doing. OKC in 6 ? It's entirely possible but I don't think it will happen.

I hate like hell that we are on an 18 game winning streak. The Spurs have shown that they can handle success well. However, its been so long since they've tasted a loss that its a little concerning. How will they react ? They re-acted great last time and made the proper adjustments to avenge the loss to the Lakers - which I believe was their last one.

OKC is dangerous as hell. They believe they belong here and have 3 high powered weapons. The tough thing for them will be stopping the Spurs. Our guys have multiple weapons who can score in different ways. You can't just shut down 1 or 2 guys and think you have us covered.

On the other hand, you know where OKC's points are coming from. If you take one of them out of the mix, they will have a difficult time finding those points somewhere else.

Basketball Power
05-22-2012, 10:50 AM
no fucking shit, he'd pick the Bobcats over the Spurs

redskinfan
05-22-2012, 11:09 AM
:lobt2:

This! :flag:

Budkin
05-22-2012, 11:18 AM

As far as anyone knows it was just sexting. I'm guessing had it gone on they would've ended up boning.

Budkin
05-22-2012, 11:20 AM

Dude he was the only guy to call the sweep over the Clips. He's not hating on us right now.

Legacy
05-22-2012, 11:21 AM

LOL. Been there, done that. They were fucking. Period.

But oh well... ya' move on. :violin

lefty
05-22-2012, 11:21 AM
I respect Barry's opinion
I respect Legler'S opinion

But we are going to beat the shit out of OKC

Yeah bring them on

spursfanincolorado
05-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Lmao y'all are funny as shit...it's just a guys opinion who cares? Okc is good. It's not like he's saying they'll sweep us or embarrass us. This is the problem with all the days off. Arguments over stupid shit will happen every day lol

I feel its quite possible that OKC can win in 6, however, being a huge fan for years, I hope the Spurs can go 6 and win.

The Spurs can come out flat and fall on their face if we don't come out loose and ready.

It wouldn't feel right if all the media picked the Spurs.

I have huge respect for the OKC Thunder but they are not my first pick for obvious reasons.

Sa_Spursfan20
05-22-2012, 11:50 AM
I respect Barry's opinion
I respect Legler'S opinion

But we are going to beat the shit out of OKC

Yeah bring them on

This. Who cares if Barry and Legler chose the Thunder over the Spurs? They have their opinions, we have ours. It's going to be a challenging series, but I think the Spurs will come out on top.

Oh, Gee!!
05-22-2012, 12:30 PM
where does Barry think we are? America or something?

coyotes_geek
05-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Noted Spur-hater Barry had the Spurs beating the Grizzlies in 5 last year, in case anyone was curious...

Quiet Strength
05-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Dude he was the only guy to call the sweep over the Clips. He's not hating on us right now.

Yup.. he's said alot of nice stuff about the spurs recently.

MavDynasty
05-22-2012, 01:21 PM
Oh no! Someone picked AGAINST the Spurs!

Damn, chill the fuck out. It's sad how one mans opinion can make another person so butthurt

Steve-O-Matic
05-22-2012, 01:31 PM
You people are amazing. Like a national NBA analyst is going to deliberately pick a team he doesn't actually believe is going to win the series, purely just to spite a completely indifferent Tony Parker.

Get. F*cking. Real.

ffadicted
05-22-2012, 01:40 PM
"OKC can sweep the Spurs! They already beat two former champs. Just one more to go!"

loooooooooool

franceout
05-22-2012, 01:54 PM
espn predictions are now 8:4 (SA:OKC). and just for the record, brent barry actually picked spurs to win on nba tv.

dbreiden83080
05-22-2012, 02:17 PM
If we do lose to you guys I hope it is in 6 or 7 games and you do go on to win it all... Losing badly would be bad going into next year. And next year if we make a few adjustments I don't see how we don't win it all next season due to our new experience and youth improvement... This could be the spurs year and maybe the last with the Duncan, Parker, Manu core... Guess we will see

OKC has all the pieces to win a couple of rings in the next 5 years.. With all the hype on Lebron Durant may be the guy collecting the chips..

Not yet though.. :toast

Durant 35
05-22-2012, 02:40 PM
OKC has all the pieces to win a couple of rings in the next 5 years.. With all the hype on Lebron Durant may be the guy collecting the chips..

If you guys do beat us it would help the summer go better if you won it all...

Obstructed_View
05-22-2012, 02:44 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone agrees that the offseason will suck less as long as the winner of this series takes care of business in the finals. :toast

OZWIN
05-22-2012, 02:45 PM
I think he is just giving his honest opinion although I don't agree it. The Thunder are playing good basketball right now as well...this is going to be a good series. I see it the other way around though with the Spurs winning in six.

Maddog
05-22-2012, 04:15 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone agrees that the offseason will suck less as long as the winner of this series takes care of business in the finals. :toast

:toast

Obstructed_View
05-22-2012, 04:36 PM
We here on Spurstalk spend a lot of time in an environment where the Spurs are heavily discussed and probably get a little more credit than they deserve. Barry is in the same situation at ESPN/ABC for the Lakers and the Thunder. Seriously, give the guy a break.

DMC
05-22-2012, 05:23 PM
So did I.

Thunder in 6.

Floyd Pacquiao
05-22-2012, 05:33 PM
lol who gives a fuk what he says it's only his opinion

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-22-2012, 05:51 PM
Well, if the Thunder win, I hope they crush the Heat in the Finals. I just hope OKC fans won't be too obnoxious about it.

BlackSwordsMan
05-22-2012, 05:54 PM
lol who gives a fuk what he says it's only his opinion

I never asked anyone before until now but who is the chick in your sig

Kidd K
05-22-2012, 06:02 PM
Not surprising. He's been bashing and against SA for a couple years. even if the Spurs were undefeated all season with all 20+ blowouts, he'd still pick OKC.

I just tune out what Jon Barry has to say about SA since it's always biased. Just like I don't listen to what Skip Bayless has to say about 90% of the stuff he talks about since his opinion never changes no matter what information is given to him.

BillMc
05-22-2012, 06:20 PM

Well, his brother actually picked the Spurs (though somewhat reluctantly)

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/120522_wcf_preview

AlleyOopNazi
05-22-2012, 06:20 PM

If your butt hurt by JBs pick, decide to create a thread about it. You deserve to be insulted imo. /thread

dbestpro
05-22-2012, 06:33 PM

Someone is gonna over pay for Ibaka. When he's gone the defense of this team will collapse and it will affect this team greatly.

tesseractive
05-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Someone is gonna over pay for Ibaka. When he's gone the defense of this team will collapse and it will affect this team greatly.

Depends on how Spur-like the Thunder really turn out to be. Lots of Spurs have taken less to stay with the team. It's possible Ibaka will do the same there.

ThunderObsessed's
05-22-2012, 06:45 PM
JB has good taste. It better go 6 cause if it goes 7, the Spurs will win.

-21-
05-22-2012, 07:01 PM
Seriously guys, a 5-page thread on Jon Barry's opinion? It's Jon Barry... Ugh.

ViceCity86
05-23-2012, 10:33 AM
Barry knows Spurs are better team,but doesn't have it in his heart to pick them.
Tony Parker needs to porked him.