PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Lakers are the 2008 Spurs

scanry
05-22-2012, 01:39 AM
Reminds me of the Spurs-Lakers 2008 WCF series.

Similar to the Lakers, Spurs had two games in the bag, but choked away. Spurs fans were pissed at the bad officiating and what not, but deep down we'all knew the Lakers were the better team. And i think most of the Laker fans acknowledge that.

But how do the lakers move on from here? The Spurs haven't won since, but stayed relevant but not as a contender for 4 years.

IMO next year will be wide open..:lobt:

Donkeybong
05-22-2012, 02:17 AM
Lakers wont win another Chip anytime soon. New CBA fucks us pretty hard and other owners want us to mire in our own misery for a while. Plus we've traded away many of our draft picks and we have Jim Buss making some retarded decisions, such as thinking Bynum is the future of this franchise.

I'd rather move Bynum for pieces, but management will trade Gasol.

scanry
05-22-2012, 04:29 AM
Lakers wont win another Chip anytime soon. New CBA fucks us pretty hard and other owners want us to mire in our own misery for a while. Plus we've traded away many of our draft picks and we have Jim Buss making some retarded decisions, such as thinking Bynum is the future of this franchise.

I think you trade em both. Gasol can no longer play alongside Kobe and coming to Bynum, well he's just a bum and a lazy bum.

I always chuckle when Bynum is running back on defense. Him running back is comedy material worth. :lol

Latarian Milton
05-22-2012, 05:58 AM
the lakers this year are even worse then the team last year which got swept by the eventual champs in the 2nd round imho, they just moved from bad to worse and it's time to start rebuilding sincerely

Spurs9
05-22-2012, 09:27 AM

More like thats what happens when you pay a TOSB $30mil a year

05-22-2012, 12:05 PM
honestly, that CP3 trade looked pretty damn good for the lakers. they would have shed gasol's dead weight, freeing up bynum and acquired a point guard to keep the ball away from kobe.

diego
05-22-2012, 01:44 PM
except the 08 spurs best player was injured, and the '12 lakers were all healthy. that, and the '12 lakers spend probably 30-40% more on their roster than the 08 spurs. otherwise comparable.

KaiRMD1
05-22-2012, 01:52 PM
The Lakers should move Bynum while his stock is still high. Unless other teams realize he's a liability, Bynum is the Lakers best bet but I wouldn't be surprised at a Gasol move, I'm not sure he wants to stay in LA anymore.

Budkin
05-22-2012, 04:31 PM
except the 08 spurs best player was injured, and the '12 lakers were all healthy. that, and the '12 lakers spend probably 30-40% more on their roster than the 08 spurs. otherwise comparable.

Excuses. Sasha "The Manu Stopper" Vujacic shut his ass down. :lol