PDA

View Full Version : Possibly Stupid Questions

VI_Massive
05-22-2012, 11:38 AM
These might be dumb or unimportant questions, but hey, there are five days until the next game, and I'm getting stir crazy.

1. Do you think there's any chance Duncan has had that platelet treatment on his knee? There have been no reports of this, but he's such an under the radar, private person, I could see it happening without word getting out. And the improvement in his mobility seems to be more significant than one would gain by simply losing weight and having less bulk to move. It's hard for me to see how someone, at his age, with his knee problem, could not just plateau, but actually improve as he continued to play (albeit at fewer minutes). His work ethic is notoriously strong, and we've heard that he wears his knee brace all the time, and he probably watches his diet closely as well to stay at such a high level at this age. And it seems the Spurs are always on the cutting edge of training, whether it's with cryotherapy, sleep improvement, or whatever. Since he's so dedicated, is it so hard to believe he would undergo that treatment? Maybe not in Germany, but one of the other countries that performs it. And now it's being done in the US as well. It's not a particularly invasive procedure from what I've heard. Maybe there's some reason why he wouldn't have had it done, but I can't really think of one. Just something I've been wondering lately.

2. Has Pop worn a tie all year? I can't remember seeing him with one. He used to go tie-less once in a while, then more often (though I remember it seemed he always wore one in the playoffs for a while), but now I can't remember seeing one all year. Since he doesn't seem to like them, I'd have guessed he would have eschewed them during his Beard Season, but now he seems to have just said "fuck it" and gone his own way all the time.

fubarcrew01
05-22-2012, 12:58 PM
These might be dumb or unimportant questions, but hey, there are five days until the next game, and I'm getting stir crazy.

1. Do you think there's any chance Duncan has had that platelet treatment on his knee? There have been no reports of this, but he's such an under the radar, private person, I could see it happening without word getting out. And the improvement in his mobility seems to be more significant than one would gain by simply losing weight and having less bulk to move. It's hard for me to see how someone, at his age, with his knee problem, could not just plateau, but actually improve as he continued to play (albeit at fewer minutes). His work ethic is notoriously strong, and we've heard that he wears his knee brace all the time, and he probably watches his diet closely as well to stay at such a high level at this age. And it seems the Spurs are always on the cutting edge of training, whether it's with cryotherapy, sleep improvement, or whatever. Since he's so dedicated, is it so hard to believe he would undergo that treatment? Maybe not in Germany, but one of the other countries that performs it. And now it's being done in the US as well. It's not a particularly invasive procedure from what I've heard. Maybe there's some reason why he wouldn't have had it done, but I can't really think of one. Just something I've been wondering lately.

2. Has Pop worn a tie all year? I can't remember seeing him with one. He used to go tie-less once in a while, then more often (though I remember it seemed he always wore one in the playoffs for a while), but now I can't remember seeing one all year. Since he doesn't seem to like them, I'd have guessed he would have eschewed them during his Beard Season, but now he seems to have just said "fuck it" and gone his own way all the time.

I read a great article on not only platelet treatment but stem cell treatment in espn the mag a few months back. Reading that article I said to myself, if your an Elite athlete in your sport you have to be on top of this stuff in case you ever need it. I wouldn't doubt it if Duncan has had it done and nobody aside from the team doctors and coaches know about it. I believe Greg Oden recently had the same procedure done and more power to him, hopefully it helps him get back in the NBA.

Here's the article.
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7058209/peyton-manning-last-star-linked-stem-cell-therapy-espn-magazine