PDA

View Full Version : UFC 151: Cancelled-Moved to Sept 22nd..

ace3g
05-22-2012, 02:21 PM
http://cageradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/UFC151_600X300-V3.jpg

Venue: Mandalay Bay Events Center*
Broadcast: Pay-per-view, FX and Facebook*

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)

Champ Jon Jones vs. Dan Henderson (for light-heavyweight title)
Jake Ellenberger vs. Jay Hieron
Dennis Siver vs. Eddie Yagin
Dennis Hallman vs. Thiago Tavares
John Lineker vs. Yasuhiro Urushitani

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX, 8 p.m. ET)

Danny Castillo vs. Michael Johnson
Jeff Hougland vs. Takeya Mizugaki
Tim Means vs. Abel Trujillo
Daron Cruickshank vs. Henry Martinez

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 7 p.m. ET)

Shane Roller vs. Jacob Volkmann
Charlie Brenneman vs. Kyle Noke

Dcd827HGfgE

polandprzem
07-20-2012, 11:32 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/486308_426445527399031_652481457_n.jpg

8FOR!3
08-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Shitty cards like this is one of the many reasons I don't watch much MMA anymore. But considering Dan Henderson's about to whoop Jon Jones' ass, I guess I'll have to make an exception.

Stringer_Bell
08-07-2012, 06:48 PM
I've lost all respect for Jon Jones after he said that it was okay for him and Silva to dodge each other because they are both in pursuit of greatness and he doesn't want to take a chance on either of them losing their "greatness." That's some false pride, youngin. He had no problem saying he'd fight his friend Rashad, but he seems to think that any road to greatness doesn't go thru Silva. I thought Jones was about honor and respect, but he holds a dude like Silva in such high esteem...I dunno, he's just too fake and I hope old man Dan knocks him the fuck out.

ace3g
08-07-2012, 09:19 PM
RT @UFCTonight: #Breaking: @joshkoscheck has bulging disc in his back. He’s out of #UFC151. No new opponent for @EllenbergerMMA

dbreiden83080
08-07-2012, 09:27 PM
RT @UFCTonight: #Breaking: @joshkoscheck has bulging disc in his back. He’s out of #UFC151. No new opponent for @EllenbergerMMA

Was not crazy about that one anyway. Kos is coming to the end. Wonder who they will get on 3 weeks notice..

I've lost all respect for Jon Jones after he said that it was okay for him and Silva to dodge each other because they are both in pursuit of greatness and he doesn't want to take a chance on either of them losing their "greatness." That's some false pride, youngin. He had no problem saying he'd fight his friend Rashad, but he seems to think that any road to greatness doesn't go thru Silva. I thought Jones was about honor and respect, but he holds a dude like Silva in such high esteem...I dunno, he's just too fake and I hope old man Dan knocks him the fuck out.

Ouch..

I have to say where did all this hype come from with Jones and Silva needing to fight? Jones is not only young, he is young into his reign as champion. The timing for me is off for that fight. The GSP/Silva fight would be far more historic given that GSP is the GOAT WW and Anderson is the GOAT MW. Silva's camp is making serious noise about that fight now that Sonnen is out of the way and we may finally get it at a catchweight after the Condit fight..

I am excited for the Jones/Hendo fight because it is a true test for Jones, Hendo is a legend and still a complete beast at 41 years of age. While i expect Jones to basically walk through him it's still an exciting matchup and great name for him to have on his resume..

ace3g
08-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Jay Hieron rejoins the UFC, meets Jake Ellenberger at UFC 151’

http://mmajunkie.com/news/30092/jay-hieron-rejoins-the-ufc-meets-jake-ellenberger-at-ufc-151.mma

dbreiden83080
08-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Jay Hieron rejoins the UFC, meets Jake Ellenberger at UFC 151’

http://mmajunkie.com/news/30092/jay-hieron-rejoins-the-ufc-meets-jake-ellenberger-at-ufc-151.mma

LOL OMG..

Lame Dana.. Lame...

polandprzem
08-08-2012, 05:13 PM
So many welters in UFc and they bring Hieron :rolleyes

dbreiden83080
08-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Obviously nobody wanted the fight on the roster this close to the card..

Stringer_Bell
08-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Ouch..

I have to say where did all this hype come from with Jones and Silva needing to fight? Jones is not only young, he is young into his reign as champion. The timing for me is off for that fight. The GSP/Silva fight would be far more historic given that GSP is the GOAT WW and Anderson is the GOAT MW. Silva's camp is making serious noise about that fight now that Sonnen is out of the way and we may finally get it at a catchweight after the Condit fight..

I am excited for the Jones/Hendo fight because it is a true test for Jones, Hendo is a legend and still a complete beast at 41 years of age. While i expect Jones to basically walk through him it's still an exciting matchup and great name for him to have on his resume..

I know that rant was kinda bitter, but Jones is so fake and his attitude has changed so much from when I was riding shotgun on the hype train. GSP vs Silva...not interested in watching Silva beat GSP, last fight showed how good his guard actually is and no way could GSP could hold him down for 5 rounds. Silva's made a career of beating up the "best" MWs, but the whole weight class is full of rejects from other weight classes. He's the greatest MW for sure, but it don't mean much when he's easily capable of having the LHW title. Silva = the dude that bangs 100 average looking chicks just to increase his conquests. A guy like Randy Coutre goes for dime pieces every time haha.

Also, Hieron has a win over Jake, so it sort of makes sense. But yea, much rather have Kos fighting even tho he acts like a jerk haha.

dbreiden83080
08-08-2012, 11:03 PM
I just don't see how Jones needs to fight Silva or the other way around. Jones has a lot to prove at 205 and then he will likely go up to HW. Silva has really nothing left to prove whatsoever. He is already viewed as the GOAT. Silva doesn't need to fight GSP but MMA does. I stand bye what i said about GSP/Silva being the most historically significant matchup to be made. MMA history needs fights like that to be rich in history one day like boxing. GSP has been on top forever at WW as has Silva at MW that is the sexiest fight to make at a catchweight. Who wins doesn't matter i am just talking history here...

dbreiden83080
08-11-2012, 10:30 AM
UFC 151: All the Pressure Is on Jon Jones When He Faces Dan Henderson

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1290989-ufc-151-all-the-pressure-is-on-jon-jones-when-he-faces-dan-henderson

Nobody will be expecting much out of Dan Henderson when he makes his latest long, lonely walk to the Octagon on September 1 to face Jon Jones.

That's not a slight on Henderson, though I can see how it might be taken that way. It's just that Jones has, in a very short amount of time, utterly and completely decimated the light heavyweight landscape and rendered all challengers inept and ineffective.

Jones' dominance is such that his staggering advantage over his opponents can't even be blamed on the opponents. Not anymore. Dan Henderson, Lyoto Machida, Rashad Evans and Shogun Rua are still excellent fighters, even if some of them are just a tad bit past their primes. And in a world where Jon Jones didn't exist, all four of them would have a very real chance of holding that light heavyweight belt.

And so it's easy for me to point out that all of the pressure in the world is riding on Jones heading into the Henderson fight. And you know I'm right, too.

On top of all the hype regarding Jones—he's already considered one of the top three fighters in the entire world at the young age of 24 years old—he's also on the precipice of becoming the most public mainstream face of mixed martial arts, having just signed the first-ever global endorsement deal with Nike for a mixed martial artist.

That's a lot of weight on your shoulders, whether you think you can carry it or not. And perhaps Jones can carry it with ease. He has the supreme confidence—some might call it arrogance—of the greatest athletes in the history of sport.

Michael Jordan had the same swagger. He knew he was better than you, and he'd actually get angry when you attempted to beat him, like you had the nerve to try to compete with the best in the world. The anger made him want to decimate you even further, and then he'd make you pay in spades.

Jones has it. He has the preternatural athletic ability. He has youth. He has marketability.

And that's why all of the pressure rests squarely on his shoulders heading into UFC 151: Because a loss would send it all crashing down, just as he's starting to reach a transcendent level in the sport. It wouldn't be the end of his career or even a major glitch. But it'd be a setback all the same.

Jones gets a lot of hate from fans, for being arrogant and for his out-of-the-cage transgressions. Sure, he could be a lot less vocal about his personal life, because we've seen all of that talk come back to haunt him over the past six months. But every great person in life—every person who has ever accomplished anything special or out of the ordinary—was probably a bit of a jerk, because the inner drive that allows you to be great at something also forces you to overlook other aspects of your life.

Jones can be one of those people who truly accomplishes something great. I don't care about his personal life, because what he does on his own time and his own dime doesn't concern me in the slightest.

The only thing I care about is what I see in the cage, and what I've seen thus far has all the shades of greatness

ace3g
08-11-2012, 12:58 PM
dWwkPG-lvMM&feature

dbreiden83080
08-11-2012, 01:20 PM
W0CDJuiop8U&feature

Nice promo.. I am skipping 150 but buying 151..

Horry For 3!
08-11-2012, 05:13 PM
Henderson goin to get destroyed, Jones is too athletic and Henderson is too old. Maybe if Henderson was in his prime then this would be a great fight.

dbreiden83080
08-12-2012, 11:34 AM
On to this now.

Should be a good promotion..

dbreiden83080
08-13-2012, 08:40 PM
Jones Pre-fight Interview..

http://www.ufc.com/media/UFC-151--Jon-Jones-Pre-Fight-Interview

ace3g
08-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Dqqy8iIDxHM&feature=share

dbreiden83080
08-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Jones has really let Sonnen get under his skin..

http://mmajunkie.com/news/30278/ufc-champ-jones-i-havent-cleaned-out-the-division-but-sonnen-is-a-joke.mma

"That guy is a joke [...] He mentions Brazilian kids playing with dirt while American kids play with normal toys. He talks about people's parents and families and wives. He's a bona fide bully. The Brazilian thing, I lost a lot of respect for him. What he said was racist. It was disrespectful and unacceptable. I have a strong stance on this because I hate what he's doing. You can't just insult a whole country like that. ... It was terrible. As Americans, we should have been embarrassed by what he did."

Quote:

"It's what he wants, but I'm not going to allow him to get a title fight from talking. It's not going to happen. Chael Sonnen will not get a title fight from using his mouth. I will make it very clear to everyone that there's people who are way more deserving of a shot. If he wants to come at 205, I'd consider him Top 15 among light heavyweights. Let's see what he'll do against a wrestler like Phil Davis. Let's see what he'd do against a wrestler like Rashad or a striker like Lyoto Machida. ... The light-heavyweight division is a completely different beast. I won't allow him to just jump the rankings with his mouth. It's not going to happen."

ace3g
08-20-2012, 03:42 PM
Sonnen vs Bones was written in stone ever since their first twitter war, only a matter of time.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-20-2012, 04:49 PM
Seen this a million times before. Sonnen's going to come running out of the back and start climbing the cage, Jones will get distracted, Henderson will take the opportunity to climb out and win the belt while that happens. Jones/Sonnen will be the main event at Survivor Series.

Wait, what?

Seriously though, the only way that happens any time soon would have to be a series of events worthy of the WWE. Bones would have to lose to Henderson, preferably due to some miscue or mental mistake that Henderson exploits into a dramatic KO early; the sort of thing that Chael would immediately start claiming credit for because his getting into Jones' head caused that lack of focus. Then Sonnen has to handle Forrest convincingly; like the way he ran through Brian Stann sort of convincing. It's a long shot but too entertaining of an idea not to at least entertain it. You know Dana White gets a massive wallet boner just thinking about it.

shyne
08-20-2012, 06:11 PM
If jones is all about the money now like he says, he should be glad that chael is calling him out and stop being a bitch about it.

CubanSucks
08-20-2012, 07:39 PM
If jones is all about the money now like he says, he should be glad that chael is calling him out and stop being a bitch about it.

good point

dbreiden83080
08-20-2012, 08:48 PM

That fight would only sell a little better than Jones/Hendo or his fight with Rampage. I love Sonnen but his routine is now over and done with as a major box office draw. He sold himself as the only man that could beat the GOAT by pushing him to the brink in fight 1 and all the talking he did for 2 years afterwards. The rematch sold over 1 million PPV’s and they all saw Sonnen lose badly. Nobody walked away from that fight thinking Sonnen lived up to all that talk.. I think most would just regard Sonnen as a mouth now with very little bite. Plus Jones consistently is a huge favorite over everyone he faces these days. A great talker can sell a fight but the tipping point for the public needs to be if the outcome is in doubt. Sonnen would have absolutely nothing for Jones and the public would know that...

ace3g
08-22-2012, 01:03 PM
vfsS6AmQ6M0&feature=player_embedded

polandprzem
08-22-2012, 01:53 PM
not in my country? wtf?

polandprzem
08-22-2012, 03:58 PM
v3r-vrtyb3g&feature=player_embedded

:grim:

dbreiden83080
08-22-2012, 04:53 PM
Up free on http://www.ufc.com/

One of the best fights of all time Shogun/Hendo...

dbreiden83080
08-22-2012, 10:43 PM
Full event Preview..

ogLV8mgBZSw

ace3g
08-22-2012, 11:05 PM
Saw this tweet first and was hoping it wasn't related to 151

Kenny Florian ‏@kennyflorian

Hearing that we may have some disappointed @UFC fans soon due to some unfortunate circumstances for an upcoming card. ��

--

Then I saw this...

--

Jeremy Botter ‏@jeremybotter

If what I'm hearing is correct, UFC 151 may be in desperate need of a main event. And that sucks.

dbreiden83080
08-22-2012, 11:07 PM
Saw this tweet first and was hoping it wasn't related to 151

Kenny Florian ‏@kennyflorian

Hearing that we may have some disappointed @UFC fans soon due to some unfortunate circumstances for an upcoming card. ��

--

Then I saw this...

--

Jeremy Botter ‏@jeremybotter

If what I'm hearing is correct, UFC 151 may be in desperate need of a main event. And that sucks.

There was a rumor going around Sherdog earlier about Hendo having an injury.. I have no damn clue what they will do if Hendo is out.. Jones i would expect to fight, he is the champ and ready to fight but against who????

I don't know????

ace3g
08-22-2012, 11:17 PM
Well there are 3 options if true:

1. Machida

2. Alexander Gustafsson

or

3. http://bulkculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/chael-sonnen-with-title.png-PNG-Image-540x334-pixels-2012-02-03-23-59-07.png

dbreiden83080
08-22-2012, 11:31 PM
1 Week notice is a nightmare for the UFC.. Who is available and who is in shape? Jones has been training for probably 10 weeks he is going to murder any replacement.. Chael would be so stupid IMO, no time to sell the fight at all... That said i have no doubt Sonnen is calling Dana asking for it..

ace3g
08-22-2012, 11:39 PM
Yeah Sonnen needs time to get in shape and sell the fight.

Bones mentioned in a tweet something along the lines "when I have to make a tough weight cut I always go to so and so" a few days ago, not that he was in trouble of making weight, but maybe they could move him off this card altogether to give opponent more time.

Like you said 1 week for title fight is not enough time, Bones already has a great chance to destroy anyone with a full training camp, but 1 week to prepare for Bones...

ace3g
08-23-2012, 12:54 PM
Dana is going to make an announcement at 1 p.m. cst

Sonnen tweeted this at 12:41

30 min to cement your legacy. Champ or Coward? I make a lot more than you do... Show up in 8 days I'll give you my purse.

ace3g
08-23-2012, 01:04 PM
They are cancelling 151.

Hendo partial tear of of MCL.

Dana said 1 guy accepted the fight, that guy was "Chael P. Sonnen" They had a fight by 8 p.m. last night, had PR, marketing etc, getting ready for new fight.

Jones said he didn't want to fight Sonnen on 8 days notice.

Sept 22 Jones vs Machida at UFC 152

dbreiden83080
08-23-2012, 01:05 PM
They are cancelling 151.

Hendo partial tear of of MCL.

Dana said 1 guy accepted the fight, that guy was "Chael P. Sonnen" They had a fight by 8 p.m. last night, had PR, marketing etc, getting ready for new fight.

Jones said he didn't want to fight Sonnen on 8 days notice.

Sept 22 Jones vs Machida at UFC 152

I knew Sonnen would be the only guy nutty enough to want it... But Sept 22nd is fine for Lyoto..

ace3g
08-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Dana is pissed at Greg Jackson and at Bones:

Dana White calls Greg Jackson a "fu#$kin sport killer" ; Jackson advised Jon Jones to not take Chael Sonnen fight.

ace3g
08-23-2012, 01:10 PM
Jones is the first champion to ever turn down a match - Dana White

dbreiden83080
08-23-2012, 01:15 PM
Dana is throwing Jones under the bus. Basically Jones is a detail freak and since he did not prepare for Sonnen he did not want the fight right now.. Also he feels Sonnen does not deserve the fight.. Dana can yell like a little bitch all he wants i really don't care. Jones is the champ and has fought a muderers row of fighters the last year and a half.. You'll get over it Dana..

shyne
08-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Jones is a piece of shit.

ace3g
08-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Only the main event is being moved, all the other fights are cancelled till UFC can find cards for them.

shyne
08-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Dana is throwing Jones under the bus. Basically Jones is a detail freak and since he did not prepare for Sonnen he did not want the fight right now.. Also he feels Sonnen does not deserve the fight.. Dana can yell like a little bitch all he wants i really don't care. Jones is the champ and has fought a muderers row of fighters the last year and a half.. You'll get over it Dana..

I thought he didn't wanna fight chael because he didn't think he deserves it which is it? Detail freak gimme a break he's a fucking fighter, again like I have said before get the black cock out of your mouth and open your eyes.

dbreiden83080
08-23-2012, 02:07 PM
I thought he didn't wanna fight chael because he didn't think he deserves it which is it? Detail freak gimme a break he's a fucking fighter, again like I have said before get the black cock out of your mouth and open your eyes.

First of all relax...

Secondly I do understand why people are mad at Jones I get it however it is not fair to dump all the blame into Jones lap... Jones is supposed to make a decision about his career based on the other fighters... The UFC put together a horrible card... You know what happens in most situations, they just bump the Co-Main event... Dana put all his eggs into this fight so they knew that would not fly and I did not hear Dana take any responsibility for that whatsoever... You know why? Because the UFC has changed the business model from a few years ago and the cards are thinner than ever before. They used to do 15-17 events a year now it is 32-34. Should Jon have taken the fight? Sure I buy that but does the UFC deserve blame for this as well, you bet your ass they do... Plenty of blame...

polandprzem
08-23-2012, 02:50 PM
Jones is not a fighter

Talks about money and as a champ picks opponents. Full of shit cocky bastard :)

Chael was risking much. He also was not prepared. But whatever. Damn Hendo!

Jackson became too cautious. Not good.

polandprzem
08-23-2012, 02:56 PM
LmAibRNvVwA#!

dbreiden83080
08-23-2012, 02:56 PM
Jon Jones takes 4 fights in a year and he is arrogant..

Now he turns down 1 fight and Jones is a pussy.... :lol

polandprzem
08-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Not exactly a pussy. But the mma has changed. And Bones is moving up as a spoiler.

polandprzem
08-23-2012, 03:07 PM
John! John! Go check on him! Go check on him, get some fans!

polandprzem
08-23-2012, 03:09 PM
On wiki

UFC 152: Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ Coward vs. Machida II

If it's still there http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_152

polandprzem
08-23-2012, 03:11 PM
It was niiger coward

ace3g
08-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Apparently Chris Weidman offered to fight Bones as well.

Here are some comments from Sonnen:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1308996-chael-sonnen-exclusive-ufc-champion-jon-jones-is-a-delusional-brat

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-23-2012, 03:51 PM
So any word on how long Henderson is out?

Stand
08-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Waahhhh Machida earned the rematch, but he isn't a money fight.

Waaahhh Chael is a money fight, but he doesn't deserve it.

Just LOL at the hyprochisy.

shyne
08-23-2012, 05:07 PM
Just a selfish bitch move by Bones, there were other fighters on that card that need the money that dont make a quarter of what he makes that had been training hard that were fucked over.

Hes a great athlete and fighter, but hes a diva. I knew when he started talking about the money that he was one of "those guys".

dbreiden83080
08-23-2012, 05:19 PM
Just a selfish bitch move by Bones, there were other fighters on that card that need the money that dont make a quarter of what he makes that had been training hard that were fucked over.

Hes a great athlete and fighter, but hes a diva. I knew when he started talking about the money that he was one of "those guys".

So Dana can dig into his greedy little pockets and pay them. Today was classic Dana 101. A problem arose so like he always does he proceeded to deflect criticism and assign blame. Does it make business sense for Dana to throw his young champion under a bus like this? He felt that was better than admit to the card being garbage and unsellable minus the main event. UFC is always an A plus product even when Jay Hieron is co main eventing a 60 dollar PPV I guess..

shyne
08-23-2012, 05:36 PM
So Dana can dig into his greedy little pockets and pay them. Today was classic Dana 101. A problem arose so like he always does he proceeded to deflect criticism and assign blame. Does it make business sense for Dana to throw his young champion under a bus like this? He felt that was better than admit to the card being garbage and unsellable minus the main event. UFC is always an A plus product even when Jay Hieron is co main eventing a 60 dollar PPV I guess..

Thats not the fucking point, the point is the UFC made Jon Jones, he didnt make the UFC. Hes the best fighter in the world at the moment, and he just bit the hand that feeds him. Not only does he make money fighting in the UFC, but they sponser his bitch ass. You can say what you want but it was a bitch move.

shyne
08-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Also Chael won me over as a fan, if your willing to fight Jon Jones on 8 days notice then you got some balls. Props to Weidman also for asking to fight Jones.

ace3g
08-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Also Chael won me over as a fan, if your willing to fight Jon Jones on 8 days notice then you got some balls. Props to Weidman also for asking to fight Jones.

I don't know why this surprises a lot of people, despite his mouth (greatest trash talker ever), Chael is a good fighter that loves to fight.(2 losses against Silva don't change that)

Stringer_Bell
08-23-2012, 06:49 PM
I agree with DB in the sense that Jones took a lot of crazy fights in 1 year against the best LHWs, so he should get some credit, but all the criticism he is getting now is because he started acting BIGGER than the division and the sport as a whole...

- Jones is getting shit because of his hypocrisy regarding what Stand referenced a few posts earlier. Picking fights based on money or who he thinks deserves shit.
- Jones is getting shit because there are fighters on this card hoping to get paid and move up in the UFC food chain with a win - that had their fights canceled or moved to some unknown event at a later time, if ever.
- Jones is getting shit because he is sponsored by NIKE, had a BIG MONEY fight to take and expose NIKE to a lot of people, and he refused to do so.
- Jones is getting shit because he said Chael fought like a child, but he obviously is scared of him if he won't fight him out of shape and out of training.

Jones pissed off the UFC, his fellow fighters on the undercard, NIKE, MMA fans wanting to see him fight, basically everyone except for...me! I planned to buy tickets to UFC 155, hope Jon Jones doesn't try to fuck that card up either lol

Dana will forgive him tho, and so will MMA, so I will relish this time I have to join everyone in a collective "FUCK JON JONES IN HIS FAKE ASS!" e-shout.

MannyIsGod
08-23-2012, 06:55 PM
Jon Jones takes 4 fights in a year and he is arrogant..

Now he turns down 1 fight and Jones is a pussy.... :lol

I wouldn't say he's a pussy but this is sure as hell a black mark on his record. Sure as hell doesn't help the image he's developing as a primadonna. If he doesn't care, then that's fine but walking away from a fight against Sonnen when he's been training is pretty weak, IMO.

Sonnen is right to an extent. This is a mark more in the coward catagory than the champ catagory.

ace3g
08-23-2012, 07:01 PM
7yDA3QSgFwU&feature=g-all-u

shyne
08-23-2012, 07:07 PM
7yDA3QSgFwU&feature=g-all-u

Hes going to slowly eat away at Jones until he agrees to fight him.

Stringer_Bell
08-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Saw this from a Sherdog poster, best way to explain the situation:

"Hey Jon, we're really in a bind. We need someone to replace Rashad and fight Shogun...can you help us?" "Yes, I would be blessed! Thank you so much!"

"Hey Jon, we're really in a bind. We need someone to replace Henderson, can you fight Chael? It would really help us." "No, it's not in my best interests business-wise"

ace3g
08-23-2012, 07:16 PM
Honestly when this whole twitter war started I knew Sonnen wanted to fight Bones eventually but didn't think it would have been so soon, and although he said he didn't know about the Hendo injury, I wonder if he did know something.

benefactor
08-23-2012, 07:23 PM

"Hey Jon, we're really in a bind. We need someone to replace Rashad and fight Shogun...can you help us?" "Yes, I would be blessed! Thank you so much!"

"Hey Jon, we're really in a bind. We need someone to replace Henderson, can you fight Chael? It would really help us." "No, it's not in my best interests business-wise"
:lol

Well played.

dbreiden83080
08-23-2012, 07:33 PM
I respect everyone's opinions on this issue. We have some great MMA fans around here. However I have no idea why Dana would just throw Jones under the bus when he is so young and they have to promote tons of fights with him going forward, other than he is an emotional child. I have a major problem with Dana taking no accountability for this situation whatsoever and just assigning blame at a fighter. Jones fought 4 times in 1 year for you, Jones fought Rashad, and he was set to fight Hendo. Okay he didn't want to fight Sonnen on 8 days’ notice but that did not warrant Dana placing the blame for the whole card in his lap. Do I get why some are mad that Jones did not take the fight? Yes... But to blame him completely is not fair at all IMO...

MannyIsGod
08-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Dana is a hothead. They've done cards worse than this one would have been without Jones headlining it. He didn't have to screw those fighters and I don't put that on Jones but on Dana being the douche that he is.

dbreiden83080
08-23-2012, 08:05 PM
Dana is a hothead. They've done cards worse than this one would have been without Jones headlining it. He didn't have to screw those fighters and I don't put that on Jones but on Dana being the douche that he is.

Exactly.. Dana is saying these guys don't get paid and that is Jones fault.. Bullshit.. You are the president of the UFC, this was your call and the Ferttita's... Take some blame for the situation..

dbreiden83080
08-23-2012, 08:14 PM
Go to 16:25 of the call.. Dana's complete and utter dismissal of this question is my main problem. The card sucked and he acts like it was a fantastic card and this is Jones fault completely..

sjvJmYYix2M&feature=g-all-u

desflood
08-23-2012, 08:20 PM

That's pretty good. I rather like Mike Bisping's take on things as well:

"Jones said he's not fighting Chael on 8 days notice. I did... just sayin."

Stringer_Bell
08-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Here's a good one from the Underground Forum:

Phillipians 4:13

I can do ALL THINGS through Christ who strengthens me

except fight a 185Ib'er on short notice.

There's so much fodder out there, I've spent the last two hours reading thru all the lulz. Now I need to go outside.

urunobili
08-23-2012, 08:39 PM
just lost some admiration for Jones for not fighting Chael TBH

dbreiden83080
08-23-2012, 09:53 PM
So any word on how long Henderson is out?

No and Dana was non-committal about his title shot when he gets healthy...

ace3g
08-24-2012, 12:42 AM
http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/8/24/3264668/anderson-silva-offered-to-save-ufc-151

dbreiden83080
08-24-2012, 12:48 AM
Correct. I fixed the typo. RT @GenoMrosko: @arielhelwani To confirm: Silva offered to fight another light heavyweight but not Jon Jones?

Lets just move on already... Dana you are a jack-ass....

ace3g
08-24-2012, 12:52 AM
Correct. I fixed the typo. RT @GenoMrosko: @arielhelwani To confirm: Silva offered to fight another light heavyweight but not Jon Jones?

Lets just move on already... Dana you are a jack-ass....

I read it as him fighting another LHW as well, but yeah time to move on

polandprzem
08-24-2012, 04:17 AM
Why Vitor?

He was suppose to get demolished by Belcher!

WtH is going on?
Machida has not much time to train and all. Sonnen without preperation would fight Jones but Jones with the full camp cannot change opponent?

Anderson to save UFC? :lol GMAFB
He fights once a year.

BTW fighting 4 times a year should be a norm

polandprzem
08-24-2012, 04:36 AM
Well Dana was pissed as hell.

In a year or so UFC change how they promote events. It is now mostly on one fight. And that's risky and they got burned now.

They absolutely were unable to sell a card with Ellenberger and Hieron as a main event.

Dana can say all he wants about taking over a world but he needs to stop the expansion and trim the amount of events. Everybody is talking about it now.

polandprzem
08-24-2012, 10:48 AM
http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/8/23/3263636/the-mma-after-hour-making-sense-of-ufc-151s-cancellation

dbreiden83080
08-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Well Dana was pissed as hell.

In a year or so UFC change how they promote events. It is now mostly on one fight. And that's risky and they got burned now.

They absolutely were unable to sell a card with Ellenberger and Hieron as a main event.

Dana can say all he wants about taking over a world but he needs to stop the expansion and trim the amount of events. Everybody is talking about it now.

Thank you Poland... Dana is nothing if not stubborn and it's going to take a whole slew of lousy PPV buy rates to get him to back off this current model. But I do think it will happen eventually...

ace3g
08-24-2012, 03:05 PM
XorPhiPhrd8

J39XfqQQNyU&feature=g-all-u