PDA

View Full Version : Why OKC might beat the Spurs in 6

cheguevara
05-22-2012, 02:53 PM
Calculations are in. Unfortunately the Spurs are not the favorites. According to the simulations, OKC is favorite to win in 6.

Some notes:
- OKC big 3 are much better than Spurs big 3. TP-Brick cancel each other out. Durant is better than TD. Harden is way, way better than Manu at this point.
- OKC frontline is as good as Spurs frontline. Ibaka/Perk/Nazi will handle TD/Splitter/Diaw pretty well.
- Spurs being deeper won't make a difference at this point. Spurs HCA won't make a diff either.
- OKC swept the mavs and toyed with the lakers. That is stronger than sweeping both lowly Jazz/injured Clips.
- OKC got the hunger and clutch to match the Spurs.
- our "rookies" kawhi/green need to improve or at least maintain their level and Spurs got a chance, either of them drops performance and this could get ugly.

now for the good news, the salvation to the series:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-p6Ts-gQkwZo/T2JLZjyMNqI/AAAAAAAADXM/0hbGtJlyqhQ/s640/1.jpg

IF Jax gets his shit together and becomes the Spurs 3rd/4th best player, it's ova

that's a huge IF :cry

dmon35
05-22-2012, 02:55 PM
perimeter shooting team will not beat an overall balanced team like the spurs in a 7 game series....SPURS CAN BEAT THE THUNDER

dmon35
05-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Everyone giving too much credit to the Thunder, and not enough to the Spurs. imo

therealtruth
05-22-2012, 02:57 PM
It's going to come down to whoever gets the most easy baskets and makes the least mistakes. I have more faith in the Spurs doing that.

OZWIN
05-22-2012, 02:58 PM
It's going to come down to whoever gets the most easy baskets and makes the least mistakes. I have more faith in the Spurs doing that.Exactly...this is where experience comes into play.

Durant 35
05-22-2012, 03:01 PM
Everyone giving too much credit to the Thunder, and not enough to the Spurs. imo

How you fiqure that? Most have spurs winning... Just because some don't that shouldn't be seen as an insult

dmon35
05-22-2012, 03:02 PM
It's going to come down to whoever gets the most easy baskets and makes the least mistakes. I have more faith in the Spurs doing that.

Thunder live and die by the jump shot and Durant by the 3 pt land. Thunder wouldnt know an easy basket even if Duncan put the ball in their basket himself

dmon35
05-22-2012, 03:03 PM
How you fiqure that? Most have spurs winning... Just because some don't that shouldn't be seen as an insult

I never said they're were insulting the Spurs

coyotes_geek
05-22-2012, 03:04 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-p6Ts-gQkwZo/T2JLZjyMNqI/AAAAAAAADXM/0hbGtJlyqhQ/s640/1.jpg

IF Jax gets his shit together and becomes the Spurs 3rd/4th best player, it's ova

Leonard & Diaw coming up big are more important that Jax.

Durant 35
Thunder live and die by the jump shot and Durant by the 3 pt land. Thunder wouldnt know an easy basket even if Duncan put the ball in their basket himself

We get a lot of easy baskets inside.. We aren't just a jump shooting team. Our big 3 are in the top 10 at getting to the line or close to it... Both teams play more on the perimeter.

Keepin' it real
- OKC big 3 are much better than Spurs big 3.

Disagree.

Hardin > Manu ... BUT
Parker > Westbrook ... and
Tim and Durant are not comparable.

Plus, I'll take a more-balanced big 3 (perimeter and inside) over the perimeter-based big 3 for OKC any day.

cheguevara
05-22-2012, 03:08 PM
Disagree.

Hardin > Manu ... BUT

Plus, I'll take a more-balanced big 3 (perimeter and inside) over the perimeter-based big 3 for OKC any day.

having a great bigman is definitely a plus. But don't forget OKC has Ibaka and Perkings, 2 very damn good bigmen that can handle TD better than any bigmen from Utah/LAC.

Fpoonsie
05-22-2012, 03:09 PM
Exactly...this is where experience comes into play.

People keep using the "experience" argument against OKC. Have been for years.

Exactly how many consecutive years does OKC hafta make fairly deep playoff runs until they TOO can claim this vaunted "experience"?

Darius Bieber
05-22-2012, 03:11 PM
You did forget one huge advantage.

:pop:

Get ready for some Pack-A-Perkins. Only about 60% from the line and he gets mad easily. This will through off the Thunder's momentum and will disrupt their rhythm easily.

tediousj
05-22-2012, 03:12 PM
Calculations are in. Unfortunately the Spurs are not the favorites. According to the simulations, OKC is favorite to win in 6.

Some notes:
- OKC big 3 are much better than Spurs big 3. TP-Brick cancel each other out. Durant is better than TD. Harden is way, way better than Manu at this point.
- OKC frontline is as good as Spurs frontline. Ibaka/Perk/Nazi will handle TD/Splitter/Diaw pretty well.
- Spurs being deeper won't make a difference at this point. Spurs HCA won't make a diff either.
- OKC swept the mavs and toyed with the lakers. That is stronger than sweeping both lowly Jazz/injured Clips.
- our "rookies" kawhi/green need to improve or at least maintain their level and Spurs got a chance, either of them drops performance and this could get ugly.

Spurs in 4 or GTFO

Durant 35
05-22-2012, 03:12 PM

Exactly how many consecutive years does OKC hafta make fairly deep playoff runs until they TOO can claim this vaunted "experience"?

Indeed just because we are young doesn't mean we aren't experienced enough. Look at the close games this team has pulled out.

Fpoonsie
05-22-2012, 03:15 PM
Indeed just because we are young doesn't mean we aren't experienced enough. Look at the close games this team has pulled out.

Yeah. Everyone kept shitting on Kobe for choking games away, but OKC still had to make THEIR shots down the stretch to actually get each of those games. And Durant has been clutch as fuck.

Terrifyingly so, actually.

coyotes_geek
05-22-2012, 03:20 PM

Agreed. This is their 7th playoff series together. They're experienced enough.

The Spurs' advantages are coaching and depth. The Thunder's advantage is that their top 3 have more firepower than the Spurs top 3. Experience isn't going to be much of a factor.

Yuixafun
05-22-2012, 03:22 PM

One more. Maybe two.

The Spurs are will show them on the court, the difference between having the ability to be a champion, and being one.

It will be a valuable lesson.

cheguevara
05-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Fish is a 5 time champ.

Perk as well with the Celts.

neither experience nor depth will be a factor in this series.

HarlemHeat37
05-22-2012, 03:25 PM
To be fair, cheguevara also picked OKC to easily beat Dallas last year, and Chicago to beat Miami in 5 or 6..

His conference Finals predictions have a terrible track record..

Yuixafun
The Spurs core are 3 time champions

been together a long time....

not supplemental players, brought in within the last six months and year and a half.

Spurs9
Computer simulations = real life games? I murder the Thunder on 2k12 with Spurs, how does that factor in? Spurs have all of the experience in almost every situation over the years. The Thunder do not, Westbrook is too emotional, and will crack and make mistakes in tough situations. Do you remember seeing the Spurs when they were down 26 points the other night, keeping their poise? They knew if they played how they played they would win. Spurs will come out on top.

Yuixafun
05-22-2012, 03:26 PM
Agreed. This is their 7th playoff series together. They're experienced enough.

The Spurs' advantages are coaching and depth. The Thunder's advantage is that their top 3 have more firepower than the Spurs top 3. Experience isn't going to be much of a factor.

How many finals have they been in?

cheguevara
05-22-2012, 03:27 PM
To be fair, cheguevara also picked OKC to easily beat Dallas last year, and Chicago to beat Miami in 5 or 6..

this coming from the poster that has a track record of posting pics of celebrity dicks. :lol

coyotes_geek
05-22-2012, 03:28 PM

How many finals had the Spurs been in when they won their 1st title?

Fpoonsie
05-22-2012, 03:29 PM

This isn't THE Finals.

Fpoonsie
05-22-2012, 03:30 PM

Lulz. Or better yet, this.

Proxy
05-22-2012, 03:30 PM
A pretty shallow analysis tbh.

When did the Spurs ever matchup one on one like this was some kind of video game? It's been a team effort thus far and there's no denying the Spurs have better chemistry than anyone else in the league.

Fpoonsie
05-22-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm still hopeful and relatively confident that SA can and will beat OKC, but I'm also fairly certain I'll be emotionally fucking drained by the end of the series, for better or worse.

coyotes_geek
05-22-2012, 03:33 PM
I'm still hopeful and relatively confident that SA can and will beat OKC, but I'm also fairly certain I'll be emotionally fucking drained by the end of the series, for better or worse.

Spurs in 7 is what I'm going with.

SnakeBoy
05-22-2012, 03:44 PM

I keep hearing this line of thinking and I'm not buying it. Sure in the playoffs OKC has repeatedly had to come from behind to win against teams with glaring weaknesses, but is that really a sign of strength?

Spurs just keep taking care of business for 48 minutes and somehow that becomes a negative..."They haven't been tested" I keep hearing the talking heads say.

skulls138
05-22-2012, 03:47 PM
I give just as much credit to the Lakers blowing it as I do the Thunder winning it. Ive never seen a team so playoff ready just give away games like that as the Lakers.

As for the big men match up, the Thunder are ONLY good on D while the Spurs are good offensively and defensively, passing too. Add to that Duncans outside shooting and the need for their bigmen to cover him I think Spurs big men have advantage, or at least enough, combined with their overall depth, to win.

Parker outplayed Westbrook in the regular season head 2 head, Kawhi played excellent D on Durant. Add to that players like Green and Neal and I like the Spurs.

timaios
05-22-2012, 03:54 PM

Some notes:

It's not about matchups, the force of this Spurs team is their TEAM play.
The Thunder are the best ISO team in the NBA.
The Spurs are simply the best team in the NBA.

A lot of experts are saying the Spurs have not been tested yet...
Maybe they have, but they're just that good.
(And the Mavs and the Lakers were awful !)

Nonetheless, the Thunder are really scary on the paper.
Let's just hope the Spurs will be even scarier on the court !

Yuixafun
05-22-2012, 03:55 PM

It was a reply in reference to experience having no bearing on this series.

This Spurs team, it's core is vastly more experience than the Thunder.

That experience will play a factor.

From international play, to winning NBA championships, to having lived more, being on this planet more, winning and defeat, overcoming struggles... Last years humbling loss the the Grizzlies....

the journey the Spurs role players have gone just to make it here... Danny Green, Neal.. Splitter..

there is no actual way to say how many 'years' this Spurs team has on the Thunder.

Okay so the thunder have cut their teeth.

Are they ready to beat the Spurs.

Not this year.

SnakeBoy
05-22-2012, 04:02 PM
It's not about matchups, the force of this Spurs team is their TEAM play.

This is one reason I'm not sold on how difficult the bigs matchups are going to be. OKC bigs have faced a team with no inside game and Bynum/Gasol who played they were wearing schticky's for shoes. The Spurs will keep their bigs moving and then we'll get to see how good their team D is.

coyotes_geek
05-22-2012, 04:03 PM
It was a reply in reference to experience having no bearing on this series.

This Spurs team, it's core is vastly more experience than the Thunder.

That experience will play a factor.

From international play, to winning NBA championships, to having lived more, being on this planet more, winning and defeat, overcoming struggles... Last years humbling loss the the Grizzlies....

the journey the Spurs role players have gone just to make it here... Danny Green, Neal.. Splitter..

there is no actual way to say how many 'years' this Spurs team has on the Thunder.

Okay so the thunder have cut their teeth.

Are they ready to beat the Spurs.

Not this year.

I just watched the Thunder go 8-1 in the playoffs against two teams with way more playoff experience who also happen to own the last 3 championships. The Thunder are experienced enough.

I don't think they're going to beat the Spurs this year either, but it won't be because of experience.

cheguevara
05-22-2012, 04:03 PM
A lot of experts are saying the Spurs have not been tested yet...
Maybe they have, but they're just that good.
(And the Mavs and the Lakers were awful !)

as awful as the Lakers/Mavs were, you seriously going to claim the Jazz/Injured Clips are better than them???

Horse
05-22-2012, 04:29 PM

Some notes:

Homecourt and a deeper bench no longer matter? How dumb is that.

Horse
05-22-2012, 04:33 PM
The biggest problem okc had with la was ball movement and we're lightyears ahead of la in ball movement.

spursfaninla
05-22-2012, 04:39 PM
1) What simulations are you using? Accuscore/Hollinger gives the Spurs 58% to advance against the Thunder.

2) Why would SJAX be more important than MANU playing at the level he was at during the regular season? He is playing at half the PER he was during the regular season. IF he goes back to 25 PER, we are fine matching him against Harden.

therealtruth
05-22-2012, 04:43 PM
The Thunder struggled with a Lakers team that the Spurs destroyed in the regular season.

biskvito
05-22-2012, 04:55 PM
I've seen some great defense from OKC, also individuality and athleticism, 4th quarter clutchness, home cooking... There's no point making a guess, I'll just hope and wish for the Spurs to win the series in 6.

Spurologist
05-22-2012, 05:04 PM
Something that is being overlooked is that OKC doesn't have any post offense. Perkins, Ibaka, Nazr and Collison are good defenders but they can't generate their own shot inside the paint. Spurs are very effective at defending that paint or drawing charges. If OKC goes through stretches where they can't generate offense from their perimeter game, it could spell trouble for them. By the mere fact that the spurs run a smooth offense and get back on D effectively, OKC won't have as many transition/easy buckets as they did against the lakers.

timaios
05-22-2012, 05:36 PM
as awful as the Lakers/Mavs were, you seriously going to claim the Jazz/Injured Clips are better than them???

No, but...

Thunder win by

1, 3, 16 & 6 points against the Mavs
29, 2, 3 & 16 points against the Lakers + 1 loss

Spurs win by

15, 31, 12 & 6 points against the Jazz.
16, 17, 10 & 3 points against the Clippers.

6 blowouts games for the Spurs and no losses.
5 games with 1, 2, 3, 3 & 6 points margin for the Thunder + 1 loss.

The Thunder should have won those games more easily than they did.
Especially those against the Mavs !

On the other hand, the Spurs did their job with their series.

SamoanTD
05-22-2012, 05:44 PM

Some notes:

You are a fucking retard

blkroadrunners
05-22-2012, 05:44 PM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181321&highlight=cheguevara

slick'81
05-22-2012, 05:49 PM
the matchups of green and kawhi v durant and harden ,make me nervous

manu is gonna have to average a bit more than 10-12 ppg to get the spurs outta this wcf

Kidd K
05-22-2012, 05:51 PM
None of that matters OP. The only reason the Thunder might beat the Spurs is officiating. The Spurs are better than OKC right now. So unless someone important gets hurt, OKC isn't winning unless the series is called at least 60/40 in their favor to fix them into the Finals.

In terms of matchups, the only one OKC really has in their favor is Durant vs Leonard/Jackson. That favors them. But imo Parker is just as good if not better than Westbrook. Harden isn't any better than Manu if he can get healthy, Duncan destroys Perkins or Ibaka, and neither one of those guys can guard Bonner.

Then our bench is better. So really, our team matches up well besides against Durant who will probably kill us unless Leonard unlocks his inner Bowen. I don't see anyone else killing us though.

Yuixafun
05-22-2012, 05:57 PM
I just watched the Thunder go 8-1 in the playoffs against two teams with way more playoff experience who also happen to own the last 3 championships. The Thunder are experienced enough.

I don't think they're going to beat the Spurs this year either, but it won't be because of experience.

too many threads to weave together

to convey what I'm trying to say accurately.

But Spurs experience over the Thunder will not be hampered or fractured as was the case of the experience that Lakers and Mavericks possessed.

Those teams lost key players in the offseason/trade deadline, had coaching changes, etc...

So you could say, this years Thunder team actually has more experience playing as unit in the playoffs then both those Maverick and Lakers teams

I mean the Laker got a new starting PG halfway through the season right and new coach at the beginning of the year and lost Odom.

The Mavs tried to bring in Vince Carter and lost Chandler and Barrea..

When it comes to continuity the Spurs team and Thunder team have the most time together as a team deep in the playoffs.

but with that said...

The Spurs have a deeper well to draw from that the Thunder simply lack which will be a difference maker, when the game hangs in the balance.

BillMc
05-22-2012, 06:03 PM
I predict Spurs in 6

(7 if we have to sleep on a plane stuck on a runway like last time we were in the WCF!)

L.I.T
05-22-2012, 06:19 PM
18-0 has jacked up Spurs fan (over) confidence to Laker-fan levels tbh.

This series ain't gonna be a cakewalk.

cheguevara
05-22-2012, 06:31 PM
Homecourt and a deeper bench no longer matter?

correct. OKC can win on the road and proved it 3 times already. and in WCF being deep does not matter OKC can play 8 deep.

cheguevara
05-22-2012, 06:32 PM
18-0 has jacked up Spurs fan (over) confidence to Laker-fan levels tbh.

This series ain't gonna be a cakewalk.

clambake
05-22-2012, 06:34 PM
what an enormous amount of gnsf's.

rascal
05-22-2012, 06:48 PM

It took the Spurs a long time losing in the playoffs before they finally made it to the finals. OK City still has a ways to go to even come close to the playoff disappointments the Spurs went through before they reached the finals the first time.

ElNono
05-22-2012, 07:05 PM
Manu > Dirk
Manu >>>>>>>>>> Harden

wildbill2u
05-22-2012, 07:10 PM

Some notes:

Unfortunately I see signs that Jax is reverting to his old ways, passing the ball to him is like sending it into a black hole while he dribbles out the clock trying to make a hero play.

He will have to play the Spurs way --team play-- and begin to hit his shots.

SnakeBoy
05-22-2012, 08:52 PM
Unfortunately I see signs that Jax is reverting to his old ways, passing the ball to him is like sending it into a black hole while he dribbles out the clock trying to make a hero play.

When has he done this? Most of the time it seems to me like he's not aggressive enough and is passing up open looks he should take.

beirmeistr
05-22-2012, 09:03 PM
I think manu will outsmart harden and get him in foul trouble. The beard gets a lot of fouls called on him.

Marcus Bryant
05-22-2012, 09:27 PM
Jack is indeed key to this series...OKC can take on the Big 3 but it's that 4th wheel that OKC won't be able to stop.

100%duncan
05-22-2012, 09:28 PM
okay

SouthTexasRancher
05-22-2012, 10:10 PM
cheguevara, dude, you've been chewing on too many home grown coca leaves. Come back down to planet earth because you are flying way too high at the present time.

Spurs in 6...take it to the bank and make the deposit.

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2:

JustSpurs
05-23-2012, 01:32 AM
Okie Cowtippers ain't winning this year.

NickiRasgo
05-23-2012, 01:37 AM
Spurs struggled of the Clippers because of their athleticism esp. from guards. Spurs can match the athleticism of Thunder.

Spurs also defeated Lakers and Mavs.
Thunder haven't played the Spurs with Manu/Diaw/Jackson where I think Jackson will be an X-Factor on this series.

Man In Black
05-23-2012, 02:18 AM
Too much focus on the big 3. Let's say theirs is higher scoring but with all the other stuff, ours is more balanced. Plus the Spurs kick their ass with players 4-12. No other team can match that and even if we went straight 8 on 8, the Spurs still have them. Every player on the team knows their role and while SJax is a wild card that can be combustible, it's Pop that has either gasoline or a fire-hose and he knows how to use them.

Best Coach, Best Experienced Team, Players that have ALREADY experienced the biggest games during the biggest times where EACH Star has been the MAN for those biggest games. All signs point Spurs.
:flag:

ElNono
05-23-2012, 02:33 AM
tbqh, their bench is Harden and....... Cook, Fisher, Nazr, Collison... Basically, if we keep our bench scoring at 30-40 ppg, as has been the norm, Harden is going to have a lot of work to do, not to mention Pop will probably throw some small ball at it, which means Nazr and Collison became fairly useless, and will likely mean westbrook/durant/sefolosha will need to play more minutes...

Yorae
05-23-2012, 02:36 AM
Keeping away from foul trouble is gonna be huge and getting westbrick, harden or durant into foul trouble would be huge.

callo1
05-23-2012, 02:57 AM
Spurs in 5, or maybe 6. Book it.

Manu will finally play decent ball this series.

No way the Thunder beat the Spurs.

Out

therealtruth
05-23-2012, 03:04 AM
While Manu's scoring is down I'm sure his assists are up. We have alot more offensive options on the team and he's taking advantage of that. He just has to avoid unforced turnovers.

DeadlyDynasty
05-23-2012, 03:30 AM
So che getting shit on in his own threads is not exclusive to the NBA Forum?

Say it ain't so:lol

DAF86
05-23-2012, 08:39 AM
The Thunder could pretty well beat the Spurs but the reasons given in the OP are retarded. Why wouldn't home court matter? It does matter, in any case say that the Thunder are good enough to overcome that disadvantage.

cheguevara
05-23-2012, 09:03 AM
Manu > Dirk
Manu >>>>>>>>>> Harden

:lmao the delusion continues

2012 Harden is way, way better than 2012 Manu. not even close

cheguevara
05-23-2012, 09:04 AM
So che getting shit on in his own threads is not exclusive to the NBA Forum?

Say it ain't so:lol

pssst, Kori Ellis, she's the moderator. Maybe you can cry to her about this thread. use the PM feature.

come back and tell us how that goes :lmao :lmao

Agloco
05-23-2012, 09:31 AM

Some notes:

lol calculations

Agloco
05-23-2012, 09:33 AM

He will have to play the Spurs way --team play-- and begin to hit his shots.

Yes, but looking at his stat line he almost always has 3-4 assists per game. He's doing something right.

coyotes_geek
05-23-2012, 09:41 AM
It took the Spurs a long time losing in the playoffs before they finally made it to the finals. OK City still has a ways to go to even come close to the playoff disappointments the Spurs went through before they reached the finals the first time.

Yeah, the Spurs went through more pain and suffering than the Thunder have so far, but that doesn't have anything to do with who's going to win this series. OKC not having gotten their face bashed in as many times as the Spurs have doesn't make Kevin Durant any easier to guard.

boutons_deux
05-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Based on recent games where he showed no offense, fog-headed errors, and pretty good defense, SJax will continue to be insignificant, including insignificant minutes.

Even the SJax Spur of 2003 was known for "keeping both teams in the game". :)

in2deep
05-23-2012, 12:57 PM
interesting...

Westbrook can be neutralized by clogging the lane. Same way TP can be.

Duncan needs to dominate like he did past 2 series and we have a great chance. If somehow Duncan is neutralized, someone else needs to step up big.

Jackson. Manu. Let's pray these 2 are ready to step up. :tu

smaka
05-23-2012, 02:13 PM
I hope somebody kicks this ugly beard man's ass and his stupid flopping.

therealtruth
05-23-2012, 04:42 PM
If the most talented Spurs team can't beat OKC then how did the past teams ever win titles?

cheguevara
05-24-2012, 08:48 AM
If the most talented Spurs team can't beat OKC then how did the past teams ever win titles?

I assume you mean most offensively talented Spurs team.

It could be argued that the 2005 Suns team was more offensively talented than even this years Spurs team. And they failed vs. a not so offensively talented 2005 Spurs.

But this is OKC vs. Spurs both are offensive juggernauts yes, but at the same time it's possible whoever plays better defense will win.

tesseractive
05-24-2012, 01:34 PM
I assume you mean most offensively talented Spurs team.

It could be argued that the 2005 Suns team was more offensively talented than even this years Spurs team. And they failed vs. a not so offensively talented 2005 Spurs.

But this is OKC vs. Spurs both are offensive juggernauts yes, but at the same time it's possible whoever plays better defense will win.

This team is leagues beyond those Suns teams on defense, though. The Suns didn't have a clue how to defend properly. Can you imagine them holding the Clips scoreless for 8 1/2 minutes? I can't.

A better comparison in terms of style, though I apologize for it, is the Showtime Lakers. They led with their offense and could score like crazy, but they could still make stops in the playoffs with the game on the line.

Are we anywhere near as good as some of those Showtime teams? We definitely haven't proven we are yet. Ask me again a month from now.

therealtruth
05-24-2012, 02:31 PM
This team is leagues beyond those Suns teams on defense, though. The Suns didn't have a clue how to defend properly. Can you imagine them holding the Clips scoreless for 8 1/2 minutes? I can't.

A better comparison in terms of style, though I apologize for it, is the Showtime Lakers. They led with their offense and could score like crazy, but they could still make stops in the playoffs with the game on the line.

Are we anywhere near as good as some of those Showtime teams? We definitely haven't proven we are yet. Ask me again a month from now.

You don't have to go back that far. Both in '05 and '07 when the Spurs beat the Suns they did it by outscoring them while getting enough stops to win the game. Even the Lakers did against the Suns two seasons ago.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-24-2012, 10:37 PM

Some notes:

Um, no. Totally disagree with a lot of that.

Harden is playing better than Manu up until now, but if the real Manu turns up (and he usually does when the team needs him) it's a wash.

Our frontline is better than OKC's - they have no post scorer, our guys are better passers, as good on the boards, OKC have a slight edge in shotblocking (Diaw and SPlitter are better shot-blockers than Perk and Coll). BTW, Collison will play far more than Nazr. With Timmy on a mission he's still by far the best big on the floor, and the only game-changing big. Also, our bigs are a matchup nbightmare for theirs - Tim's midrange game is trouble for Perk, Diaw running around the perimeter draws Ibaka out of his comfort zone, and Splitter is a big, better version of Collison. Oh, and we have Grizz, who's played very well against OKC, to throw at them.

Why does the advantage of our depth suddenly disappear? Our depth is a major advantage against their thin bench since we can keep throwing fresh players at them who are better than their guys. Home court advantage certainly will matter if it comes down to game 7.

Agreed that OKC had a tougher preparation, but they didn't "toy with the Lakers" - Fakers could easily have been 3-1 up with a few breaks.

OKC is more hungry than we are? No way! I've rarely seen a team with so much hunger and chemistry as this Spurs lineup, and you can bet Timmy is desperate for his 5th ring to equal Kobe, Jax wants another one, and Diaw and the young guys all want their first. There is no hunger deficit.

I think it will be a very close and hard-fought series, and if we don't take care of the first two games at home we could lose it, but it's as much the Spurs' series to win as it is OKC's. If we win the first two I'm confident we'll win the series. My only worry is rust in game 1, but both teams will have to fight that - let's hope we come out on top.

therealtruth
05-24-2012, 11:24 PM
When the teams met before the Spurs were good offensively. I think the key difference now is the Spurs are much better defensively. OKC might not be ready for that type of defense.

cheguevara
06-05-2012, 12:23 PM

Some notes:

El Che hates to be right :(

let's just hope for a miracle

TE
06-05-2012, 12:25 PM
:wow El Che with the call.

OldSilentHill
06-05-2012, 12:29 PM
El Che needs to be wrong...

thispego
06-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Hate to admit it also, but he was right, doesn't negate that calling yourself "el che" makes you a faggot though :rolleyes

cheguevara
well the way it is playing out is actually much worse than I thought.

I thought OKC big 3 were going to dominate to win (which they are) but I thought Spurs role players would at least bother to show up.

what is really happening is Spurs role players are getting stepped on like pathetic cockroaches and along with Duncan + Parker are mentally defeated.

only bright spots are Manu + Jackson. but that won't be enough.

not to mention KD is a cold blodded mofo. no way he lets his team lose game 6 :(

cheguevara
El Che needs to be wrong...

I hope so. My 2nd option was Spurs in 7

ElNono
06-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Manu >>>>>>>>>> Harden

ElNono right bout Manu :hat

cheguevara
06-05-2012, 12:35 PM
true I had forgotten to account Manu's tremendous testicle size in the equation.

but still I would say Manu >> Harden

ElNono
06-05-2012, 12:39 PM
tbh, what did us in was the vaunted "depth" disappearing in a whim... Ibaka going 11 for 11, and Sefolosha dropping 19 points were the difference in game 3 and 4... none of our scrubs outside of Khawi showed up...

DeadlyDynasty
06-05-2012, 12:40 PM
tbh, what did us in was the vaunted "depth" disappearing in a whim... Ibaka going 11 for 11, and Sefolosha dropping 19 points were the difference in game 3 and 4... none of our scrubs outside of Khawi showed up...

That's why depth is overrated in the playoffs, and why all sane coaches shorten their rotations. Pop outsmarted himself.

TDomination
06-05-2012, 12:41 PM

Wow, absolutely spot on.

Spurs "deep" bench is all but gone. And green has dropped dramatically and things have certainly gotten ugly.

TDomination
06-05-2012, 12:49 PM
That's why depth is overrated in the playoffs, and why all sane coaches shorten their rotations. Pop outsmarted himself.

Pop outsmarted himself twice.

Series was 2-2 with a home game. It wasn't 1-3 or 0-3, it was 2-2 with homecourt. Yet with starting Manu, that was a straight up panic move. He showed that the Thunder were in their heads. He was admitting to his players that they aren't good enough to beat the thunder with the same lineup that got them to the WCF. And when he admits that, his young players (mainly Green) confidence is nowhere to be seen.

Yeah Manu, Parker, Duncan can keep us in the game, but it was the success of our bench that would win us the games.

clambake
06-05-2012, 12:51 PM
green is playing the game in his head, instead of on the court.

spursince#99
06-05-2012, 12:56 PM
green is playing the game in his head, instead of on the court.

+1

KDtrey5
06-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Disagree.

Hardin > Manu ... BUT

I give parker the edge other than that....
:lol:rollin:lmao

cheguevara
06-07-2012, 09:01 AM
well, well, well

the prophecy has been fullfilled. It not not hard to call it tbh. It was just the way it was meant to be.

here are a few of my pre-game 6 thoughts that also came completely to fruition:

Durant is an iceman killer. The grim reaper of basketball.

Tonight he'll cement his place as the most lethal cold blodded perimeter superstar since Jordan.

game 7 posible?

if the opposing team didn't have this guy, I'd agree

http://www.sportsagentblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Kevin-Durant.jpg

Durant is shooting 63% in final 5 minutes of playoff games.

:hat :hat :hat :hat

100%duncan
06-07-2012, 09:27 AM
As expected from a faggot like you. How you feel brah? Be proud and happy that your prediction came true and your "team" lost.

cheguevara
06-07-2012, 10:02 AM
As expected from a faggot like you. How you feel brah? Be proud and happy that your prediction came true and your "team" lost.

oh but I am.

don't cry too much faggot

cheguevara
06-07-2012, 10:03 AM
well, well, well

the prophecy has been fullfilled. It not not hard to call it tbh. It was just the way it was meant to be.

here are a few of my pre-game 6 thoughts that also came completely to fruition:

Durant is an iceman killer. The grim reaper of basketball.

Tonight he'll cement his place as the most lethal cold blodded perimeter superstar since Jordan.

game 7 posible?

if the opposing team didn't have this guy, I'd agree

http://www.sportsagentblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Kevin-Durant.jpg

Durant is shooting 63% in final 5 minutes of playoff games.

:hat :hat :hat :hat

cheguevara
06-07-2012, 10:03 AM
oops my bad repost

in2deep
06-07-2012, 10:07 AM
interesting...

Westbrook can be neutralized by clogging the lane. Same way TP can be.

check

Jackson. Manu. Let's pray these 2 are ready to step up. :tu

check

Duncan needs to dominate like he did past 2 series and we have a great chance. If somehow Duncan is neutralized, someone else needs to step up big.

:cry :cry :cry

DarrinS
06-07-2012, 10:19 AM
OP is spot on prediction. Good call.

100%duncan
06-07-2012, 10:24 AM
oh but I am.

don't cry too much faggot

Gloating while your team loses:lmao Classy

cheguevara
06-07-2012, 10:43 AM
Gloating while your team loses:lmao Classy

no gloating. the better team won, like it usually happens in 7 game series. yes, some teams go up another level, and some teams break through that.

In this case the better team got even better and the underdog got shook up.

Combine that with Danny Green factor, the Pop substitution madness factor and the 4th quarter of game 6 officiating factor and you there you have it.

100%duncan
06-07-2012, 10:46 AM
:lmaoBeing happy that your prediction went right, not gloating:lmao

cheguevara
06-07-2012, 10:47 AM
:lmaoBeing happy that your prediction went right, not gloating:lmao

don't be too upset buddy. :toast

100%duncan
06-07-2012, 11:02 AM
don't be too upset buddy. :toast

Not really. Just sad you are happy even though we lost.