PDA

View Full Version : So who gets Deron Williams?

midnightpulp
05-22-2012, 03:41 PM
Lakers fans already laying claim. Dallas fans have suspected he might return home to Texas. Brooklyn might be able to put something together to keep him there.

So, who wins the Deron sweepstakes?

MavDynasty
05-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Imo its either Nets or Mavs, can LA even sign him via FA or do they have to pull off a sign and trade?

Killakobe81
05-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Brooklyn. They go hard.

Venti Quattro
05-22-2012, 03:47 PM
Imo its either Nets or Mavs, can LA even sign him via FA or do they have to pull off a sign and trade?

LA has no cap room to sign him as FA, if it's going to happen it's via sign/trade.

LkrFan
05-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Brooklyn.

midnightpulp
05-22-2012, 03:52 PM
LA has no cap room to sign him as FA, if it's going to happen it's via sign/trade.

Gasol would have to be the piece. However, he's looking to make 20 million next year, 40% of any one team's cap, and doesn't become the coveted expiring contract until the '13/14 season, so I think he's going to be tough to move after the mediocre playoffs he had. Plus, he's playing in the Olympics this year. Gasol has 15 and 8 written all over him for next season and I don't see any team shelling out that kind of cash for that level of production.

baseline bum
05-22-2012, 03:54 PM

They could amnesty Bryant and not pick up their team options on Bynum nor Hill. Otherwise, there is no way to clear the cap room necessary.

C Gasol
F McRoberts
F Artest
G Ebanks
G Williams

cantthinkofanything
05-22-2012, 03:57 PM
If I'm a young wealthy black man, I'm hanging out with Jay-Z.

Venti Quattro
05-22-2012, 04:01 PM
They're not going to amnesty Kobe. It's downright offensive, and it will take a year before he could be resigned.

Mugen
05-22-2012, 04:16 PM
He'll resign in Brooklyn when they acquire Dwight. They'll get bounced in the ECSF or ECF for the next 2-3 seasons before one of them is traded or signs elsewhere.

midnightpulp
05-22-2012, 04:24 PM
They could amnesty Bryant and not pick up their team options on Bynum nor Hill. Otherwise, there is no way to clear the cap room necessary.

C Gasol
F McRoberts
F Artest
G Ebanks
G Williams

Do it, Mitch!

LkrFan
05-22-2012, 04:30 PM

C Gasol
F McRoberts
F Artest
G Ebanks
G Williams

Me --> :nutkick: <-- baseline bum

coyotes_geek
05-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Kinda need to see if the Nets are going to get to keep their lottery pick (top 3 protected) first, don't we?

Kai
05-22-2012, 05:02 PM
I wouldn't rule out a team to make a play for Dwight around draft time and then going hard for Deron as soon as FA hits. They obviously want to play together, if a team like Sacramento could swap Cousins + filler for Dwight, I could easily see Deron signing there.

#41 Shoot Em Up
05-22-2012, 05:07 PM
Dallas. I smoke dope with a high school friend of him and his wife Amy, he says it's gonna happen.

#41 Shoot Em Up
05-22-2012, 05:08 PM
I wouldn't rule out a team to make a play for Dwight around draft time and then going hard for Deron as soon as FA hits. They obviously want to play together, if a team like Sacramento could swap Cousins + filler for Dwight, I could easily see Deron signing there.

Dwight and Deron in Sacramento. I can TOTALLY see that happening.

Kai
05-22-2012, 05:13 PM
Dwight and Deron in Sacramento. I can TOTALLY see that happening.

Two guys can get behind turning a shit franchise around. CP3/Blake made the Clippers 1000X more relevant. I'm not suggesting Sac, I'm just saying if a team can trade for Dwight before FA, they would become a viable option for Williams (provided they have the cap room).

ChrisRichards
05-22-2012, 05:17 PM
He's staying in Brooklyn. Why play under Kobe or Dirk's shadow? Brooklyn have a better future than LA and Dallas tbh.

coyotes_geek
05-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Two guys can get behind turning a shit franchise around. CP3/Blake made the Clippers 1000X more relevant. I'm not suggesting Sac, I'm just saying if a team can trade for Dwight before FA, they would become a viable option for Williams (provided they have the cap room).

Enter the Nets, especially if they've got a top 3 draft pick. Deron re-signs with Brooklyn and the Nets work out a trade. Nets get Howard plus some shitty contracts, Magic get Lopez, the pick and cap room for 2013.

Latarian Milton
05-22-2012, 05:24 PM

NJ is not memphis tbh :lol

tesseractive
05-22-2012, 05:26 PM
Enter the Nets, especially if they've got a top 3 draft pick. Deron re-signs with Brooklyn and the Nets work out a trade. Nets get Howard plus some shitty contracts, Magic get Lopez, the pick and cap room for 2013.

That's a terrible trade for Orlando. Unless the pick is Anthony Davis, no one in their right mind would take that trade.

TDMVPDPOY
05-22-2012, 05:27 PM
i think it depends on how the nets do in the draft....

isnt the nets going to resign gerald wallace?

ChrisRichards
05-22-2012, 05:27 PM
@ Latarian. You'd be surprised what the Lakers can do. Luke Walton for Ramon Sessions. Fisher for Jordan Hill. Cp3 for Lamar Odom and Gasol. Not saying its possible but if theres one team who can commit another highway robbery its the Fakers.

JamStone
05-22-2012, 05:33 PM
Hypothetically, if Deron makes it clear he's not re-signing with the Nets, that would make the Nets acquiring Dwight Howard extremely unlikely. So, perhaps if the Lakers target Deron in a sign-and-trade scenario and Deron has mutual interest, they could offer Bynum. Bynum could be the centerpiece big man consolation prize the Nets might settle for. He's from New Jersey IIRC. And the Lakers get a premier PG to add to Kobe/Gasol. Lakers lose their size advantage, but I think a lot of people have come to the conclusion that one of the two (Gasol or Bynum) has to go after this season. But that's all just make-believe hypothetical. Not that it would or could happen, but just an idea.

coyotes_geek
05-22-2012, 05:33 PM
That's a terrible trade for Orlando. Unless the pick is Anthony Davis, no one in their right mind would take that trade.

Dwight only having one year left on his contract kills a lot of the Magic's leverage. They have to trade him somewhere he wants to go, otherwise the other team is just going to look at it as a 1 year rental.

Dwight has pretty much fucked that franchise.

Spur_Fanatic
05-22-2012, 05:41 PM
Yep, the Magic are screwed.

tesseractive
05-22-2012, 05:51 PM
Dwight only having one year left on his contract kills a lot of the Magic's leverage. They have to trade him somewhere he wants to go, otherwise the other team is just going to look at it as a 1 year rental.

Dwight has pretty much fucked that franchise.

They ought to be able to get more than a lottery pick back even for what's probably a one-year rental. Lopez is worthless. And the team that lands Howard still has a fair shot of convincing him to sign, especially if they're in a decent-sized market.

OZWIN
05-22-2012, 06:32 PM
Would absolutely love to see him come to the Mavericks as Jason Kidd is getting old. Lakers are another candidate though.

baseline bum
05-22-2012, 07:35 PM
Me --> :nutkick: <-- baseline bum

So you're against the strategy of going for DWill?